Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Danyll the Commander of Warfare" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #109561
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 02-Jul-12 08:16 PM
Member since 29th Sep 2024
17191 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109561, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Danyll the Commander of Warfare"

Mon Jul 2 18:12:07 2012

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Danyll perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:warrior
Level:42
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:102

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Minor quibbles, Danyll (Anonymous), 03-Jul-12 06:09 PM, #2
Reply Just prevent them from parrying...nt, Artificial, 03-Jul-12 06:11 PM, #3
Reply Sorry to see this, Iklahn (Anonymous), 03-Jul-12 06:24 PM, #4
Reply RE: Minor quibbles, Rayihn, 03-Jul-12 07:17 PM, #5
Reply RE: Minor quibbles, Bell (NOT Oryntohr), 03-Jul-12 07:43 PM, #6
Reply You may not know but Magistrates are required by their ..., Alston, 03-Jul-12 11:33 PM, #7
Reply Speed flurry edge, TJHuron, 04-Jul-12 10:20 AM, #8
Reply If you are going to be gutsy, The-me, 04-Jul-12 12:28 PM, #9
Reply RE: If you are going to be gutsy, Daevryn, 04-Jul-12 12:55 PM, #10
Reply Minor quibbles with your one point..., TMNS, 05-Jul-12 01:41 PM, #11
Reply RE: Minor quibbles with your one point..., Danyll (Anonymous), 05-Jul-12 06:30 PM, #12
     Reply But why delete over it?, Sindrai (Anonymous), 05-Jul-12 07:58 PM, #13
          Reply RE: But why delete over it?, Danyll (Anonymous), 05-Jul-12 08:17 PM, #14
               Reply Thankless? That is a joke, CD, 05-Jul-12 09:11 PM, #15
Reply Good charadter from what I saw., Kycalbrum, (Anonymous), 06-Jul-12 01:33 AM, #16
Reply I liked you., Alston, 02-Jul-12 10:03 PM, #1

Danyll (Anonymous)Tue 03-Jul-12 06:09 PM
Charter member
#109565, "Minor quibbles"
In response to Reply #0

I realize flurry is 'from the school of strength' but it's really, really pathetic when 90-95% of your flurries are 2 or 3 hits. This is with 100% second, third, fourth attacks, dual wield, etc... 4 rounds of lag for something that isn't really any better than double thrust and worse than jab seems, well sad for the pinnacle specialization skill.

Real life issues gave me a bad attitude this last week and it didn't help when I lost first my best weapons (including ones that couldn't be used by anyone in Tribunal) and then ALL my weapons to Tribunal and finally got ganked by Imperials trying to get the fetish back from the Spire (which the Nexans had given to them) while a pile of goodies Tribunals stood around and watched. None of those things are necessarily wrong according to the rules of the game but they were enough collectively to push me to delete because it just wasn't fun any more.

At some point the players on the other side of those characters have to ask themselves -- Am I taking all the fun out of someone else's game? If the answer is yes, you might want to rethink your actions.

ArtificialTue 03-Jul-12 06:11 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109566, "Just prevent them from parrying...nt"
In response to Reply #2

nt

Iklahn (Anonymous)Tue 03-Jul-12 06:24 PM
Charter member
#109567, "Sorry to see this"
In response to Reply #2

I was a fan of the char, and I really do hope the move I made wasn't the final straw for the character. I was looking forward to seeing you with legacies and tearing through people, sorry that it lost the fun.

RayihnTue 03-Jul-12 07:17 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#109568, "RE: Minor quibbles"
In response to Reply #2

I saw you pop into Baer's shrine once but you never prayed for me, which was too bad. Now that Whizzers has sphere courage, I can't really assume you're a follower of mine.
Next time, if you want to follow someone send up a pray! Might have helped make this char more fun.

Bell (NOT Oryntohr)Tue 03-Jul-12 07:43 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #2

Sad to see this. I really liked the char, and thought you were headed some cool places. That being said, I'm not good/tough/masochistic enough to play an elf warrior, so I think I understand the frustration.

GLWYN!

AlstonTue 03-Jul-12 11:33 PM
Member since 07th Sep 2011
858 posts
#109570, "You may not know but Magistrates are required by their ..."
In response to Reply #2

To take weapons from criminals and if their guards confiscate all weapons are automatically taken and deposited in the pit.

Then they are forbidden from dealing with hardened criminals so it because difficult to get weapons back.

TJHuronWed 04-Jul-12 10:20 AM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109571, "Speed flurry edge"
In response to Reply #2

I had it once with elf sword and loved it. It's not going to make you flurry like a giant but it made the skill worth using.

The-meWed 04-Jul-12 12:28 PM
Member since 14th Jun 2011
333 posts
#109572, "If you are going to be gutsy"
In response to Reply #2

Get used to losing good sets and awesome weapons, trick is to be able to regear fairly effectively and pk for upgrades. Heightened Reactions, Haste and metabolic quickening will improve the number of flurry attacks you make to an extent (or appear to). I got quite good mileage with speed flurry using it with STSF, although I cursed the number of parried attacks and I dont think I'd take it again personally.

Also remember you are goody, getting good stuff is easy after a certain level, and warriors take a while to matrure, you might kill a score on the way up, but its only at hero when your whole build comes together.

DaevrynWed 04-Jul-12 12:55 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#109573, "RE: If you are going to be gutsy"
In response to Reply #9

>Heightened Reactions, Haste and metabolic quickening will
>improve the number of flurry attacks you make to an extent (or
>appear to).

They don't, but they make it harder to parry/dodge the attacks so that probably would make it indirectly more effective.

TMNSThu 05-Jul-12 01:39 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#109577, "Minor quibbles with your one point..."
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Thu 05-Jul-12 01:41 PM

---At some point the players on the other side of those characters have to ask themselves -- Am I taking all the fun out of someone else's game? If the answer is yes, you might want to rethink your actions.---

I worry about this line of thinking. Because if this attitude becomes common, then anyone who plays a thief, or a Nexun when the Village is weak, or a Fortress/Empire char when the cabal is strong will do that.

You were upset that you lost good weapons when you died. It's a bummer, but you should expect that (especially as a sword spec since everyone and their mother uses swords).

You also seemed upset Tribunals took all your weapons. If you died anywhere in a protected city, you're going to lose your weapons. It's hard-coded. If you were outside the cities then yeah, it kinda sucks to lose all your weapons but you can grab some decent swords pretty quickly as a ghost.

Why would any Trib attack an Imperial that is fighting their main enemy at their gates?

If anything, you could complain that none of the Imperials got warranted, but you should expect the Tribs to aid you just because they are goodies and you're an elf. I mean, sure, they shouldn't be CALLING Imperials to stop you from retrieving...but at the same time, they shouldn't be aiding you against the Imperials.

Just some food for thought.

Danyll (Anonymous)Thu 05-Jul-12 06:30 PM
Charter member
#109585, "RE: Minor quibbles with your one point..."
In response to Reply #11

>---At some point the players on the other side of those
>characters have to ask themselves -- Am I taking all the fun
>out of someone else's game? If the answer is yes, you might
>want to rethink your actions.---
>
>I worry about this line of thinking. Because if this attitude
>becomes common, then anyone who plays a thief, or a Nexun when
>the Village is weak, or a Fortress/Empire char when the cabal
>is strong will do that.
>
IMHO, you can still play your cabal (i.e. hunt enemies) but you avoid debilitating actions, especially when your enemy is already weakened (crappy equipment, only cabal member around, etc..). My point was simply that though actions are not against rules, they can weaken the player base, which isn't especially robust as it is.

>You were upset that you lost good weapons when you died. It's
>a bummer, but you should expect that (especially as a sword
>spec since everyone and their mother uses swords).
>

I wasn't upset so much about losing a matching pair of swords, it was losing swords that the opponents couldn't use nor could anyone in their cabal use (chaotic only weapons). That just seems, well petty, especially when already losing armor and another high level weapon.

>You also seemed upset Tribunals took all your weapons. If you
>died anywhere in a protected city, you're going to lose your
>weapons. It's hard-coded. If you were outside the cities
>then yeah, it kinda sucks to lose all your weapons but you can
>grab some decent swords pretty quickly as a ghost.

I really think this hard-coding needs to be rethought. It just plain sucks.

>
>Why would any Trib attack an Imperial that is fighting their
>main enemy at their gates?
>
The old good vs. evil argument. I'll admit everyone has their own take on it but at some point, alignment ought to have an impact on behavior.

>If anything, you could complain that none of the Imperials got
>warranted, but you should expect the Tribs to aid you just
>because they are goodies and you're an elf. I mean, sure,
>they shouldn't be CALLING Imperials to stop you from
>retrieving...but at the same time, they shouldn't be aiding
>you against the Imperials.
>
>Just some food for thought.

Sindrai (Anonymous)Thu 05-Jul-12 07:58 PM
Charter member
#109586, "But why delete over it?"
In response to Reply #12

I liked you and was looking forward to having you to travel with. Seems like you deleted for something that is just going to happen to your next character too. *shrug*

Danyll (Anonymous)Thu 05-Jul-12 08:17 PM
Charter member
#109587, "RE: But why delete over it?"
In response to Reply #13

As I said above somewhere, I'd had a rotten week in real life and those emotions combined with the series of misadventures and frustration had me down to only 11 con already. It had stopped being fun so I hit the delete button (several times actually).

If I get some motivation and free time I'll maybe play something again around Christmas but life's too short to keep doing things that aren't fun if you don't have to.

Good luck with Sunwarden, I know what a thankless position that can be sometimes. At least now the Outlanders have some Imm attention, which is great.

CDThu 05-Jul-12 09:11 PM
Member since 05th Jul 2012
277 posts
#109588, "Thankless? That is a joke"
In response to Reply #14

There are heavy mechanical benefits to being SunWarden.

Kycalbrum, (Anonymous)Fri 06-Jul-12 01:33 AM
Charter member
#109590, "Good charadter from what I saw."
In response to Reply #2

I understand about the RL stuff but I am sure a good character will come to you in time. Just do what makes you happy. GLWYN

AlstonMon 02-Jul-12 10:03 PM
Member since 07th Sep 2011
858 posts
#109562, "I liked you."
In response to Reply #0

I'm glad you deleted if you are playing who I think you are playing now.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #109561 Previous topic | Next topic