Subject: "(DELETED) [SCION] Nabighah the Planewalker" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #109515
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 26-Jun-12 08:52 AM
Member since 29th Sep 2024
17191 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109515, "(DELETED) [SCION] Nabighah the Planewalker"

Tue Jun 26 06:51:22 2012

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 2nd of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Nabighah perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:conjurer
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:260

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Brief goodbyes, Nabighah (Anonymous), 26-Jun-12 09:39 AM, #1
     Reply I find that interesting, Artificial, 26-Jun-12 12:06 PM, #2
     Reply RE: I find that interesting, Nabighah (Anonymous), 26-Jun-12 01:29 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Brief goodbyes, KrunkTheOrc (Anonymous), 26-Jun-12 12:56 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Brief goodbyes, Nabighah (Anonymous), 26-Jun-12 01:21 PM, #4
          Reply Huh...., KrunkTheOrc (Anonymous), 26-Jun-12 02:00 PM, #6
     Reply RE: Brief goodbyes, Narissorin.... (Anonymous), 26-Jun-12 05:22 PM, #7
     Reply Super deadly conjies are fun to watch, Miczariel (Anonymous), 26-Jun-12 09:16 PM, #8
     Reply You can still out people with that? n/t, Vortex Magus, 26-Jun-12 11:39 PM, #9
     Reply RE: You can still out people with that? n/t, Daevryn, 27-Jun-12 12:04 AM, #10
          Reply Who cares man., Gaplemo, 27-Jun-12 03:01 AM, #12
     Reply RE: Brief goodbyes, Yargy (Anonymous), 27-Jun-12 12:07 AM, #11
     Reply RE: Brief goodbyes, Reksah, 02-Jul-12 10:22 AM, #13
     Reply It makes sense now, Artificial, 02-Jul-12 11:55 AM, #14
     Reply You were obviously deadly., Kiraava (Anonymous), 06-Jul-12 05:40 PM, #15
     Reply Kiraava, Nabighah . (Anonymous), 06-Jul-12 07:49 PM, #16
          Reply I gave my scions free reign to kill apps. nt, Artificial, 06-Jul-12 08:01 PM, #17
          Reply RE: Kiraava, Kiraava (Anonymous), 07-Jul-12 08:02 PM, #20
               Reply RE: Kiraava, Nabighah . (Anonymous), 07-Jul-12 08:44 PM, #21
                    Reply I'm revoking your Team Evil membership., TMNS, 09-Jul-12 01:02 PM, #22
     Reply Finally read your role, Artificial, 06-Jul-12 08:11 PM, #18
     Reply Your role is awesome and well written, Runaktla, 07-Jul-12 01:44 AM, #19
          Reply Book idea #2 right behind Zorszaul's tales., Dallevian, 09-Jul-12 02:42 PM, #23

Nabighah (Anonymous)Tue 26-Jun-12 09:39 AM
Charter member
#109516, "Brief goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

I had a good run, but it's time to admit that I haven't been playing enough for a while and I don't know when I would be able to find time enough to do it right again.

Scions:

Tavlin: Thanks for everything, but most of all for the induction and for saving my gear that time I was dumb enough to let Fort gang me and then try to full sac me. If only you kept playing Tavlin instead of making other characters that killed me.

Obregon: I just want you to know I kept that weapon you gave me right to the bitter end.

Rindros: Nabighah had a love/hate relationship with Rindros. He was always a lot paranoid that Rindros was out to get him. There is a decent amount about Rindros in Nabighah's role, not all of it nice, and I just want you to know that I always thought Rindros was cool and a great character even if Nabighah, for a time, turned him into a bit of a personal nemesis.

Zynzyn: You were such a cool character and the immense effort you put into your RP really came through. So sad to see you go.

Narissorin: I wish I had gotten to run with you more than a handful of times, but whenever we were both on I felt like the rest of hero range didn't stand a chance no matter who they were. I know the Scion cabal will be in good hands with you.

Feyhan: One of the guys I saw the most because our play times lined up better than most. I always felt like you got a worse rap than you deserved. You're cool by me.

Reksah: Thanks for everything. I'd do it again.

Others:

Krunk: You make orc look really fun and really strong. It's too bad that we stopped running into each other.

Padwei: Thanks so much for the devils!

Everyone else: I was blessed with a lot of great enemies. Some I respected, some I loved to hate, and maybe one or two I just hated. There are too many great ones to list and I'll just say thanks.

ArtificialTue 26-Jun-12 12:06 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109517, "I find that interesting"
In response to Reply #1

Since you mostly fell beneath my radar, other than my ooc jealousy of the big bad devil. I wish even once we got to bring a demon and greater devil to an enemy cabal and win 10v2 or something.

I knew you made waves when you were on, pk wise, and that Reksah liked you so you were fine in my book.

Nabighah (Anonymous)Tue 26-Jun-12 01:29 PM
Charter member
#109521, "RE: I find that interesting"
In response to Reply #2

Yeah I was more than half sure nothing was going on from your end. Rindros was just exactly the right guy at the right time, getting tattooed first and leader and such and being exactly the right kind of evil and sneaky to really feed his paranoia.

Everything you got before me or instead of me you deserved to, but Nabighah wouldn't see it that way.

KrunkTheOrc (Anonymous)Tue 26-Jun-12 12:56 PM
Charter member
#109518, "RE: Brief goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

Orcs can be really fun, and strong I guess, but we definitely didn't have the right login hours to overlap as often as we otherwise might.

I remember ~35 you gaunted Krunk and he escaped (barely) and I was wondering why, then I remember, Orcs are easy meat, so you were just looking for easy pks. Then as Krunk grew into his power, we became very amiable. Working with another player playing something they are highly competent with is always a joy.

I am curious if you lost your good ring before you deleted... Oh the temptation when I happened upon you sleeping, slowed, to just trample you to death and take it, but Krunk is a big coward, and having angry Nabighah after him for the rest of his life (instead of working with him to smash enmys) seemed like a bad tradeoff for a piece of gear he would have no doubt lost.

Anyway... God character. Enjoyed it. Good luck with your next when you find the time again.

Nabighah (Anonymous)Tue 26-Jun-12 01:21 PM
Charter member
#109520, "RE: Brief goodbyes"
In response to Reply #3

>I remember ~35 you gaunted Krunk and he escaped (barely) and I
>was wondering why, then I remember, Orcs are easy meat, so you
>were just looking for easy pks.

Are you sure that was me? I honestly don't remember that. I almost always left orcs alone unless they came at me first.

>I am curious if you lost your good ring before you deleted...
>Oh the temptation when I happened upon you sleeping, slowed,
>to just trample you to death and take it, but Krunk is a big
>coward, and having angry Nabighah after him for the rest of
>his life (instead of working with him to smash enmys) seemed
>like a bad tradeoff for a piece of gear he would have no doubt
>lost.

I gave it away a couple of months ago. I probably would have given it to Krunk if asked. I just had too many misadventures with its drawback.

KrunkTheOrc (Anonymous)Tue 26-Jun-12 02:00 PM
Charter member
#109522, "Huh...."
In response to Reply #4

I tried to find the log with no luck... So most likely I'm confusing Krunk and whatever character I was playing before Krunk. Could have sworn that was you and Krunk, but that's why I keep logs. Not that it mattered much in the end, whatever imagined slight existed, didn't make a difference.

Krunk would have loved it, but would have lost it quickly. Orcs parry with their face.

Narissorin.... (Anonymous)Tue 26-Jun-12 05:22 PM
Charter member
#109524, "RE: Brief goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

I haven't posted too many goodbyes on here, to friends or foes alike, and that probably makes me a bad leader (I like to try to leave things in game now a days.).

That being said, it is impossible for me not to throw you a shout-out about how absurd the amount of damage we could lay on our foes in a surprisingly short amount of time. My god, I remember one log on where we just ran through and gathered every single cabal item in the span of maybe two prep ups, it was insane!

I figured this was played by an old school vet, but the recent trend seem to be not admitting to characters.

Either way you did a bang up job. (my only beef is how little I saw you, but just like Feyhan all I could do was try to prod a bit with RP and see if you would log on more often.)

Miczariel (Anonymous)Tue 26-Jun-12 09:16 PM
Charter member
#109525, "Super deadly conjies are fun to watch"
In response to Reply #1

I really wanted to bring you to Tiamat and just let the devil solo it.

That triple paladin beat down was awesome to see

Vortex MagusTue 26-Jun-12 11:39 PM
Member since 20th Apr 2005
400 posts
#109526, "You can still out people with that? n/t"
In response to Reply #1

x

DaevrynWed 27-Jun-12 12:04 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#109527, "RE: You can still out people with that? n/t"
In response to Reply #9

Kinda figured someone would do that, too.

GaplemoWed 27-Jun-12 03:01 AM
Member since 06th May 2010
619 posts
#109529, "Who cares man."
In response to Reply #10

This was a great character. No shame there. Good work, at least you play still, CF is generally more fun when you do.

Yargy (Anonymous)Wed 27-Jun-12 12:07 AM
Charter member
#109528, "RE: Brief goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

I think it was with Yarglen, that you gaunted me out into the Sands and I had one of the most epic escapes of my CFing career(not to mention killing Narissorin and Kiraava!)

It was an unreal battle and it was only by sheer luck that you didn't kill me. You arranged the battlefield perfectly and I was scared ####less of you.

Anyway, just one little moment that stuck out to me. Nabighah was terrifying to me. I'd rather deal with Fort horde(sans maybe Vozzy/Illanthos) over you and team scion.

(Also they totally need to fix that cheap-shot way of outting people.)

Excellent character.

ReksahMon 02-Jul-12 10:22 AM
Member since 30th Apr 2011
94 posts
Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109553, "RE: Brief goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

It was fun watching the dynamic between Rindros and you when you were both rocking. Being able to read your role and see the tells you would send to yourself really made it come alive.

If I had a complaint, it would be trying to draw someone else into the drama just a little more. Not the simplest task as a well-roleplayed sphere Concealment character though!

ArtificialMon 02-Jul-12 11:55 AM
1180 posts
#109555, "It makes sense now"
In response to Reply #13

Why you asked me why I didn't like Nabighah (you said it differently) and I'm like...uh...I don't see him enough to not like him.

Kiraava (Anonymous)Fri 06-Jul-12 05:40 PM
Charter member
#109603, "You were obviously deadly."
In response to Reply #1

But you came off like a douchebag at almost all times. Not an RP'd evil, just a douche.

And it was even more incredibly stupid that as a scion app, with two notes in your missives, and you still kill me for the #### of it and say... Oh.. I guess I was confused. It makes since now that I know who you are, but it doesn't change that it's pathetic. Good day

Nabighah . (Anonymous)Fri 06-Jul-12 07:49 PM
Charter member
#109605, "Kiraava"
In response to Reply #15

I feel like you don't understand the nature of evil in general or Scion in specific.

I wish I could remember the name of the past Scion leader who said, "Well, it's not like I haven't killed my share of (Scion) pledges."

But ultimately Nabighah and Kiraava were two characters that got off on the wrong foot, never really liked each other, and never stopped sabotaging each other. That's not a failure of Scion roleplay on either of our part. That's getting it right.

ArtificialFri 06-Jul-12 08:01 PM
1180 posts
#109606, "I gave my scions free reign to kill apps. nt"
In response to Reply #16

nt

Kiraava (Anonymous)Sat 07-Jul-12 08:02 PM
Charter member
#109618, "RE: Kiraava"
In response to Reply #16

I feel like you don't understand the nature of evil in general or Scion in specific.

I wish I could remember the name of the past Scion leader who said, "Well, it's not like I haven't killed my share of (Scion) pledges."

But ultimately Nabighah and Kiraava were two characters that got off on the wrong foot, never really liked each other, and never stopped sabotaging each other. That's not a failure of Scion roleplay on either of our part. That's getting it right.

-------

That's kind of all a load of crap. I do understand the nature of Scion. I understand that never meeting me or speaking to me once, and logging on and nightgaunting me within 5 minutes isn't RP... it's gunning for me specifically, not RP. So sorry. You "claimed" you didn't know I was an app and thought I was Fort. But we know good and well what you were doing Neppy.

Yes, we got off on the wrong foot. Yes, we never liked each other, but it was because you were a douche, but you never sabotaged me nor I you and we only saw each other two other times after that with nothing said.

Nabighah . (Anonymous)Sat 07-Jul-12 08:44 PM
Charter member
#109622, "RE: Kiraava"
In response to Reply #20

I legitimately mistook you for someone else the first time, but there was no way Nabighah is going to beg forgiveness from a lowly pledge, especially one that isn't even a mage, and especially one that has the chutzpah to scold him about it.

I generally ignored notes that weren't from Scions because it wasn't my job to evaluate pledges. I'm positive I never read your app.

You can believe that or not. I don't really care.

> but you never sabotaged me

Oh, now that's not true at all. I can think of at least one occasion and probably more if I dig through my logs that it got Kiraava killed.

TMNSMon 09-Jul-12 01:02 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#109647, "I'm revoking your Team Evil membership."
In response to Reply #21

Don't you know we're all supposed to hold hands and sort loot?

ArtificialFri 06-Jul-12 08:11 PM
1180 posts
#109607, "Finally read your role"
In response to Reply #1

I completely forgot about your asking me what my task for Reksah was.

I told you a lie. I never had to get a goodie to kill himself. I even told Reksah that I lied to you, but I don't think anything came of it.

I figured making you work for the misinformation I fed you is the essence of Reksah.

RunaktlaSat 07-Jul-12 01:44 AM
Member since 30th Aug 2006
48 posts
#109612, "Your role is awesome and well written"
In response to Reply #1

I haven't played CF for much anymore, except for my on and off Orc over the past year Vaaki who I apparently let auto.

Managed to glance at the premium battlefield and saw your immortal comments about your role. Read through all 19-20 chapters of your role. Really really really really well written. Kept me interested enough to keep reading. Wow. This also comes from me, and I've NEVER looked at people's roles for more than 20 seconds tops.

Better re-use that in some other game or something. Really good.

Anyways, just a more or less anonymous compliment I'm dropping here. That's all.

DallevianMon 09-Jul-12 02:42 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1639 posts
#109650, "Book idea #2 right behind Zorszaul's tales."
In response to Reply #19

Thror/battle/sylvan war is #3 I'd like to read in book form.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #109515 Previous topic | Next topic