Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Tairneach Waterstrider the Priest ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #109129
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 30-May-12 07:56 PM
Member since 29th Sep 2024
17191 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109129, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Tairneach Waterstrider the Priest of the Jaguar"

Wed May 30 17:55:40 2012

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 4th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Tairneach perished, never to return.

Race:storm
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:574

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Rot bot, Artificial, 30-May-12 09:23 PM, #3
Reply Seriously?, Athioles, 31-May-12 04:21 AM, #8
Reply Missing the point, Artificial, 31-May-12 05:05 AM, #9
     Reply Just curious, what is a shaman supposed to do against a..., Vortex Magus, 31-May-12 05:26 AM, #10
     Reply I wasnt complaining about the gangs, Artificial, 31-May-12 05:50 AM, #11
          Reply I dunno, Rayihn, 31-May-12 08:11 AM, #12
          Reply RE: I dunno, Graatch, 31-May-12 11:09 AM, #13
               Reply Yeah because I said rot was unfair, Artificial, 31-May-12 02:47 PM, #27
                    Reply Sir, The World does not revolve around you, nor does th..., The-me, 31-May-12 03:59 PM, #31
          Reply RE: I wasnt complaining about the gangs, Daevryn, 31-May-12 11:16 AM, #14
          Reply Co-sign, old_timer, 31-May-12 02:13 PM, #25
          Reply Don't be such a #### and gear for -svs., Voralian, 21-Jun-12 02:06 PM, #59
     Reply He used wither more than rot. Stop hating., Kurbrawn (Anonymous), 31-May-12 11:46 AM, #15
          Reply That may well be the case., Artificial, 31-May-12 02:35 PM, #26
               Reply why wither a mage?, laxman, 31-May-12 03:15 PM, #28
                    Reply Didn't want to post again. blerg., Artificial, 31-May-12 03:22 PM, #29
Reply RE: Rot bot, Tairneach (Anonymous), 31-May-12 06:16 PM, #33
Reply Your devil's rot was way worse than any shamans :(, TMNS, 01-Jun-12 10:50 AM, #58
Reply Thanks and Goodbye, Tairneach (Anonymous), 30-May-12 08:36 PM, #2
Reply I'm sorry about your mother. , Vladamir, 30-May-12 10:15 PM, #4
Reply He lies. He wants your info so he can stalk you., Solec of WillowWood (Anonymous), 30-May-12 10:28 PM, #6
Reply RE: I'm sorry about your mother. , Tairneach (Anonymous), 31-May-12 06:06 PM, #37
Reply Well done. Though I was disappointed with one thing., Solec of WillowWood (Anonymous), 30-May-12 10:26 PM, #5
Reply RE: Well done. Though I was disappointed with one thing..., Tairneach (Anonymous), 31-May-12 06:08 PM, #38
Reply RE: Thanks and Goodbye, Zeurane (Anonymous), 31-May-12 03:08 AM, #7
Reply Thanks, Tairneach (Anonymous), 31-May-12 06:09 PM, #39
Reply Thank YOU for playing., Kurbrawn (Anonymous), 31-May-12 11:53 AM, #16
Reply RE: Thank YOU for playing., Tairneach (Anonymous), 31-May-12 06:14 PM, #40
Reply Holy Crap. Really? (Warning. Rant inside.), k-b, 31-May-12 12:35 PM, #17
Reply RE: Holy Crap. Really? (Warning. Rant inside.), Daevryn, 31-May-12 12:43 PM, #18
Reply I laughed. And totally agree., TMNS, 01-Jun-12 10:38 AM, #53
Reply RE: Holy Crap. Really? (Warning. Rant inside.), Rayihn, 31-May-12 01:05 PM, #19
Reply Oh, and, Rayihn, 31-May-12 01:06 PM, #20
Reply Uh oh. You're an OP bitch!, TMNS, 01-Jun-12 10:42 AM, #55
Reply The main thing I was saying..., k-b, 31-May-12 01:56 PM, #22
Reply RE: The main thing I was saying..., Enlilth, 31-May-12 02:10 PM, #23
Reply Wait a minute, for once good WON??!?, Straklaw, 31-May-12 11:19 PM, #48
     Reply So this is the reason for hell being closed for mainten..., DurNominator, 01-Jun-12 05:46 AM, #49
     Reply The 9th circle has always been frozen. nt, Gaplemo, 01-Jun-12 05:52 AM, #50
     Reply RE: Wait a minute, for once good WON??!?, Daevryn, 01-Jun-12 08:26 AM, #51
          Reply I was happy to be involved in the rare Fort domination., TMNS, 01-Jun-12 10:47 AM, #57
Reply Didn't you play Onya and Danntruso?, TMNS, 01-Jun-12 10:43 AM, #56
Reply RE: Holy Crap. Really? (Warning. Rant inside.), Illanthos, 31-May-12 06:30 PM, #42
Reply RE: Holy Crap. Really? (Warning. Rant inside.), Enlilth, 31-May-12 01:41 PM, #21
Reply RE: Holy Crap. Really? (Warning. Rant inside.), old_timer, 31-May-12 02:11 PM, #24
Reply I remember when shifters started., Minyar, 31-May-12 03:51 PM, #30
Reply RE: Holy Crap. Really? (Warning. Rant inside.), Illanthos, 31-May-12 06:00 PM, #34
Reply Laughable, Tairneach (Anonymous), 31-May-12 06:00 PM, #35
     Reply RE: Laughable, Enlilth, 31-May-12 06:52 PM, #44
          Reply It's worth noting, Rayihn, 31-May-12 06:56 PM, #45
               Reply RE: It's worth noting, Enlilth, 31-May-12 07:08 PM, #46
                    Reply Taintpunch, Tairneach (Anonymous), 31-May-12 09:22 PM, #47
Reply So long, Zynzyn (Anonymous), 31-May-12 05:55 PM, #32
Reply RE: So long, Tairneach (Anonymous), 31-May-12 06:05 PM, #36
Reply Ok, Zynzyn (Anonymous), 31-May-12 06:33 PM, #43
Reply Not for nothing, I respected the #### out of Zynzyn. N..., TMNS, 01-Jun-12 10:39 AM, #54
Reply Loved this character, and sorry about your Mom., TMNS, 01-Jun-12 10:32 AM, #52
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Tairneach Waterstrider the Pri..., Kimond (Anonymous), 30-May-12 08:14 PM, #1
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Tairneach Waterstrider the Pri..., Tairneach (Anonymous), 31-May-12 06:25 PM, #41

ArtificialWed 30-May-12 09:22 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109136, "Rot bot"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Wed 30-May-12 09:23 PM

I felt strongly that this char was rolled in order to gang with Magus and his other friend the V paladin with defiance, since you would all log in at the same time (usually right after me).

Very boring to fight, since you would always and only cast, in this order, blind, then damnation, then rot. Presumably you assumed I was low enough con/stupid enough for this to work. Oh well.

AthiolesThu 31-May-12 04:21 AM
Member since 09th Jan 2011
392 posts
#109146, "Seriously?"
In response to Reply #3

Hating on a shaman for using rot is stupid. Do you fault for druids for using spores? A warrior for bash? Ranger for ambush? Any shaman who *didn't* use rot would a complete moron.

As for your baseless accusation I'd be very, very surprised if he even knows Magus. 500+ hours means he played plenty alone. You're just asshurt because you played at poor hours when fort happened to be in full swing. Cry me a river.

ArtificialThu 31-May-12 05:05 AM
1180 posts
#109147, "Missing the point"
In response to Reply #8

By going for rot you're not going for wither, or any other opener. I don't fault anyone for using rot as a tactic to drive someone off in a solo defense, or knowing it'll kill someone low on con. There were several times where, in his gangs, if he had used something other than "rot and hope -con damnation lands" he would have gotten me. It's like playing a character that doesnt practice any other skill than passives and bash, or passives and pincer. Will it work? Sure. Is it even approaching the limits of the class? Not a chance.

I was extremely surprised that Tairneach did not sputter out when I deleted, since I know the rest of the crew did. I am more than willing to say I could be wrong, but it for damn sure seemed to be a perma to me.

Vortex MagusThu 31-May-12 05:26 AM
Member since 20th Apr 2005
400 posts
#109148, "Just curious, what is a shaman supposed to do against a..."
In response to Reply #9

Throw rocks at him and call him nasty names?

I mean, don't get me wrong, I hate it when people rot me every fight too, but I'm realistic enough to know that against a lot of people, beginning every fight with rot or ganging ruthlessly (the two strategies you are complaining about here) are really the only way for a shaman to threaten them consistently.

Rot is also one of the more difficult to heal regen-killing moves, so that is also a huge consideration for any shaman fighting a hero mage.

ArtificialThu 31-May-12 05:50 AM
1180 posts
#109150, "I wasnt complaining about the gangs"
In response to Reply #10

But why not go for something like dispel magic for ganging? I just had a feeling the character was made specifically to be a rot machine.

RayihnThu 31-May-12 08:11 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#109151, "I dunno"
In response to Reply #11

I might be completely wrong here because I am not an imm who will ever snoop fights, but I actually got the impression from Tairneach that he treated rot sort of the opposite from what you're saying. He seemed willing to rot people that would probably survive it (like Rindros), and willing to rot people to get them out of the way for a while, but I really got the impression that he held off from rotting the easy kills. There were times when I was like oh man this guy's down to 6 con he's rot bait!! But Tair would not, in fact, rot him. He would give him a fair fight instead. So I had crazy respect about that. (Even if I was wrong about it)

GraatchThu 31-May-12 11:09 AM
Member since 14th Apr 2010
167 posts
#109152, "RE: I dunno"
In response to Reply #12

>I might be completely wrong here because I am not an imm who
>will ever snoop fights, but I actually got the impression from
>Tairneach that he treated rot sort of the opposite from what
>you're saying. He seemed willing to rot people that would
>probably survive it (like Rindros), and willing to rot people
>to get them out of the way for a while, but I really got the
>impression that he held off from rotting the easy kills.
>There were times when I was like oh man this guy's down to 6
>con he's rot bait!! But Tair would not, in fact, rot him. He
>would give him a fair fight instead. So I had crazy respect
>about that. (Even if I was wrong about it)

You write things like "give him a fair fight" and you become part of the problem. There is nothing unfair about rot. At all. Even in passing you shouldn't feed the whiners like Artificial.

ArtificialThu 31-May-12 02:45 PM
1180 posts
#109173, "Yeah because I said rot was unfair"
In response to Reply #13
Edited on Thu 31-May-12 02:47 PM

Reading comprehension is an important lawyer skill isn't it?

Rot isn't "unfair." It is "boring to fight."

Play to win when you want to play to win. No fault there. Fully support it. Just that rolling a char to be a rot machine isn't actually doing that, its just being annoying and time consuming.

Anyway thats all I'm gonna be posting to derail this thread.

Edit: and to clarify, he may well have been totally different with others, I only know that we only had a single fight (gang or otherwise) where he cast anything other than blind, damn, rot, in that order. And when he did change it up, it was only to cast damn, then blind, then rot. Not kidding.

The-meThu 31-May-12 03:59 PM
Member since 14th Jun 2011
333 posts
#109178, "Sir, The World does not revolve around you, nor does th..."
In response to Reply #27

Graatch is Referencing someones elses posts, tis you that fails at basic reading comprehension.

P.S. I didnt really like Tair, but having read this deletion thread and reading his comments, I like him more post death GLWYN

DaevrynThu 31-May-12 11:16 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#109153, "RE: I wasnt complaining about the gangs"
In response to Reply #11

I'm not really sure if this will be read as supporting or bashing Tairneach, but I think you may be seeing malice where what's really there are just bad tactics.

I mean, assuming the Scepter's not down and Illanthos isn't on, Tairneach is probably more likely to kill himself with rot than Rindros by rotting Rindros.

old_timerThu 31-May-12 02:13 PM
Member since 29th May 2012
8 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109170, "Co-sign"
In response to Reply #14

I mean really- I NEVER open with a spell/commune on a Scion... learned the hard way all too often.

VoralianThu 21-Jun-12 02:06 PM
Member since 13th Dec 2011
291 posts
#109459, "Don't be such a #### and gear for -svs."
In response to Reply #11

My scion would defend against the tree, empire and fort.

Rotting/Shapeshifter Tree.
Healer/Bard Empire
Paladin/Paladin Healer

I never bitched untill I lost all my gear to hamsah.
Thanks =(

With divine svs rot is not much a problem.

Kurbrawn (Anonymous)Thu 31-May-12 11:46 AM
Charter member
#109155, "He used wither more than rot. Stop hating."
In response to Reply #9

Shaman's get rot, it's on their supplication list. It's okay for them to use it, even if they use nothing BUT rot, which Tairneach didn't. He made me drop weapons with wither numerous times. Stop the hate child.

ArtificialThu 31-May-12 02:35 PM
1180 posts
#109172, "That may well be the case."
In response to Reply #15

I only have what I saw, and he never cast wither on me.

laxmanThu 31-May-12 03:14 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#109174, "why wither a mage?"
In response to Reply #26
Edited on Thu 31-May-12 03:15 PM

Tactically speaking he doesn't have a LOT of options. If you are rolling with a demon he has generally about 8 rounds of life in him, maybe less.

maledicting you to drop a weapon is pointless because even if he removes both your parry and shield block his 2 attacks a round will not outdamage familiar, nightwalker, elemental, demon/devil.

Direct damage... if he is able to demonfire/dispel evil you for more damage than your charmies churn out you must be unprepped and not using despoil.

The dispel tactic only works against archon based shaman since devil dam redux is undispellable. And when nep updated the archon AI to not always cast armor as the first thing that tactic got slightly less great.

His best bet was to attack your con with damnation and try for the rot to take you out of the fight. the value of the tactic was less in actually making you dead but more to discourage you from coming after him aggresively or to take you out of fights.

Honestly what his best option would be preparing the field of battle with mobs to try and get you to make a mistake and get your servitors directed onto them and use direct damage/healing rope a dope tactics to wear you down to a point of vulnerability. That can be a pretty tough rope to walk especially if you are not an aggressive hunter (which rindlos wasn't)

ArtificialThu 31-May-12 03:22 PM
1180 posts
#109175, "Didn't want to post again. blerg."
In response to Reply #28

You're assuming we fought one on one at all. I bet we did at least once, but it was ganging otherwise. Wither to drop my (usually heavy) weapon and dispelling my flight/protection/desensitize is a good idea when ganging.

I'm going to go with Daev and assume he just didn't know better in these cases.

Tairneach (Anonymous)Thu 31-May-12 05:52 PM
Charter member
#109184, "RE: Rot bot"
In response to Reply #3
Edited on Thu 31-May-12 06:16 PM

First I'd like to say that this char was not a perma, may have seemed like it due to some of the times I'd log in but it doesn't matter now anyway does it? Besides who would admit to a perma anyhow?

Second of all, I never had much call to fight against conjies, so no, I didn't know the best tactics, and the other people are right, when your own prayers/supplications get reflected back at you constantly, you learn not to open fights with rot/wither or any of the other fight opening supplications which for a shaman is basically all of them. I just tried avoiding you for the most part and yea I'd gang, I mean you got what, a demon/devil, elemental, nightwalker, and a familiar. Unless you pick a build specifically to fight conjies, that's a lot of crap to deal with, not including whatever spells you throw out.

As far as rot goes...there are ways to beat rot, even if you have low con. I beat it constantly when I was dealing with the Empire Shamans and I had 5 con. Sure it got me once but that's cuz I was unprepared and tried to stick it out to kill the shaman since it had already almost happened a few times, his death that is.

PS
I know no one outside of CF except for maybe 1 or 2 people and I haven't talked to them in weeks. There's no conspiracy.

TMNSFri 01-Jun-12 10:50 AM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#109238, "Your devil's rot was way worse than any shamans :("
In response to Reply #3

Just saying.

Tairneach (Anonymous)Wed 30-May-12 08:36 PM
Charter member
#109132, "Thanks and Goodbye"
In response to Reply #0

First of all I'd like to say I had a lot of firsts with this character. First custom title, room desc, empowered hero, tatt'd, and leader even though I stepped down right before I deleted. Second of all, I deleted because well, my mom passed away back in April, and since then I've been busy handling her affairs. For a while I was around a long time and then I left out of town to visit some relatives and since I've gotten back I've been insanely busy.

So I thought it for the best that I stepped down as Marshall and delete as my life is so hectic at the moment. I wasn't able to put the time into Tairneach as a leader as I was hoping I could, due to real life issues obviously. I didn't really get to play him out, but I got a taste and I'd like to eventually come back and make another leader.

It was hard to shine in the Fortress while there were great guys as marans and leaders. So it was hard to get maran'ated. However I just keep trucking and doing my thing and eventually it happened. It shouldn't be hard for the new crop of Forties to shine.

Goodbyes:

I'd like to thank the Imms for the game and keeping it running all through volunteer work. You guys are great, keep ignoring the haters out here. Also would like to thank whoever for the imm exp, the last name, and custom room desc.

Imms:

Baer I had a lot of fun as a follower of yours, it was hard at first, mostly because this char was the first char to make it past 20. I had fun though and I enjoyed our interactions, thanks for the tat and everything else. Also thanks for being there when I needed someone to talk to, it helped more than you know.

Whiys, had one or two run-ins with you, still liking what I saw from those couple moments, keep doin your thing.

Enlilth, I know we met a couple times as well, it was fun, maybe I'll try your religion some day.

Fortress: There are many of you that I spoke with and interacted with, I'll give shoutouts to the ones who I remember the best, I apologize if I forgot you, but say something and I'll reply.

Vall: Always gonna remember gathering gold, first time I've known about that spot and it was good times, even though you died a couple times in the process.

Each: Good captain from what I saw of you, always appreciated the help you'd give me.

Pera: Didn't know you much when you first became Elder Prophet, but the more I saw of you the more I liked. Always enjoyed our talks.

Illan: Same for you, didn't really know well at first when I first was a Squire but the higher up I went the better I got to know you. I'm glad you were around when I was, always willing to help and even showed me some things that either I had forgotten or didn't know were even around. Also enjoyed the talks we would have, gonna miss those.

Voz: Man we had some good times, good battles together, besides one of the Squires that I had grown up with you were my best friend. I'm sorry I didn't write on your death thread but I like to wait for people's goodbyes first.

Argivo: Gotta give a shoutout to you, I had been in the Fortress not very long before you died but I know if we had both been at our peaks at the same time we coulda done some damage you and I.

To the rest of you I haven't forgotten but literally there's just too many to put down, I'll run out of room lol.

Empire:

Most of you were good sports, Kurb, I always enjoyed fighting you, some good fights we had. Otuer, man you were such a pain and sometimes deadly when you had someone else besides yourself awake. There are others who I respected but I can't recall them at the moment, just know I enjoyed fighting you.

Battle:

Respected most of you, the others, I could care less. Another cabal I could spend long minutes typing out goodbyes to. Say something and I'll reply.

Outlander:

Same as Battle.

Nexus:

Same as Battle.

Scion:

There is only a few of you who have or had my respect.

Tribunal:

Had few interactions with any of you, all of you were ok as far as I could tell, for the most part anyhow. Say something if you feel the need and I'll reply.

Anyways, gonna wrap this up. I had fun, but real life calls, I hope to come back soon.

Tairneach
Behyr
Dubhslan
Cadeyrn
Nathuel
Kalcova

VladamirWed 30-May-12 10:15 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#109139, "I'm sorry about your mother. "
In response to Reply #2

I lost my father when I was 19, and even now 20 years later it sucks. The death of a parent isn't easy to deal with, and if you ever EVER need anyone to talk to or vent to or just go off on because you're at the end of your rope, feel free to get ahold of me. I'm always glad to be there for anyone who needs an ear.

Solec of WillowWood (Anonymous)Wed 30-May-12 10:28 PM
Charter member
#109141, "He lies. He wants your info so he can stalk you."
In response to Reply #4

And send you pictures of his scrotum mutilation.

But seriously, I'm also available to talk if you need someone to talk too.

Tairneach (Anonymous)Thu 31-May-12 06:06 PM
Charter member
#109188, "RE: I'm sorry about your mother. "
In response to Reply #4

Thanks I appreciate it. May just have to do that some time lol.

Solec of WillowWood (Anonymous)Wed 30-May-12 10:26 PM
Charter member
#109140, "Well done. Though I was disappointed with one thing."
In response to Reply #2

The disappearance of Behyr. Its always nice to have another Invoker to shield you and push out some huge damage.

Tairneach was fun to run around with, the very few times I was able. I believe we took you to kill Dragons, and had a massive failure with the Red.

I'm sorry to hear about your Mom. Its always hard losing a parent, or something parentlike.

See you in the Fields.

Tairneach (Anonymous)Thu 31-May-12 06:08 PM
Charter member
#109189, "RE: Well done. Though I was disappointed with one thing..."
In response to Reply #5

Yea that red was a pain in the ass. Think it ended up being me, you, and one other person, or might have been just us that was able to stick it out and finish the Red off.

As far as Behyr goes, just couldn't take it anymore. I liked the class but good god that spell grinding just got to me. I'm not for one to practice spells/skills constantly, I like to go out and do something.

Zeurane (Anonymous)Thu 31-May-12 03:08 AM
Charter member
#109145, "RE: Thanks and Goodbye"
In response to Reply #2

Great job bud. This character was an awesome presence and a lot of fun to travel with.

Tairneach (Anonymous)Thu 31-May-12 06:09 PM
Charter member
#109190, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #7

Z, you were a good guy to travel with, lots of fun, showed me a few things, I appreciate it.

Kurbrawn (Anonymous)Thu 31-May-12 11:53 AM
Charter member
#109156, "Thank YOU for playing."
In response to Reply #2

Sorry to hear about you Mother. You were great, you didn't talk stupid trash talk like some others in fort and you seemed to stick around longer than the others. When a few marans would login nearly at the same time and logout the same, I really couldn't ignore it. YOU however did not stick to that group, and for that I thank you. I'm not against friends playing together 'n all that, but 3-4 heros all in the same cabal logging in and out all within a few minutes of each other......... crap, I'm rambling now.

Thanks for playing. I liked the character and the player. Please come around again sometime.

Tairneach (Anonymous)Thu 31-May-12 06:14 PM
Charter member
#109191, "RE: Thank YOU for playing."
In response to Reply #16

Lots of respect for you, sticking it out when some of the others wouldn't. I don't like talking trash, even if it is a game. I'd rather let my actions do the talking. And I always tried to keep away from the swing players, or at least log on before them or stayed on after they all quit out.

k-bThu 31-May-12 12:35 PM
Member since 19th Mar 2010
344 posts
#109160, "Holy Crap. Really? (Warning. Rant inside.)"
In response to Reply #2

Title, room desc, and tatt'd? Really? Is this what Maran is now? All you have to do is have decent RP, and not screw things up too bad to get super-rewards, now?

I REALLY DON'T wanna be that guy, I have tried soo hard to just roll with the justifications and turn a blind eye to the rediculousness. But let's take a look at it.

Vozmuir, Tairneach, Illanthos, parathaian (sp?), Vallinane, Clahier, Eachainn, Mochodin. All these characters had amazing imm rewards while they were in the same cabal, at the same time, and completely ass-raping the rest of Thera. And that's just all the ones I remember.

Name one cabal, in CF history, with this many heavily rewarded players at the same time. If you can, fine, I retract that paragraph of my argument.

I SWEAR I really didn't give a crap until I see that Tairneach got all that crap. And for what, I don't know, because even though I had two strong enemies of his at the same time, he never even tried to RP with me. I admit that I'm sure I didn't see some of his good RP moments, but all those rewards tell me that I shoulda seen SOMETHING from him, other than multi-killing...

Anyways, It is just mind-boggling to me how these goodies get their hands held. And then you wonder why they never seem to get any better. Why they constantly fail at PK. And then when they fail, you pick them up, dust them off, and give them a brand new lolipop (that lolipop being a bad-ass sword or tat) and tell them to keep it up...

I couldn't imagine any other cabal being this heavily rewarded. I mean, keep it up if you want. Hell, it's your game. But don't expect your cabal to actually get any stronger when they are only fighting with rewards.

That's it, Rant over.

DaevrynThu 31-May-12 12:43 PM
11117 posts
#109161, "RE: Holy Crap. Really? (Warning. Rant inside.)"
In response to Reply #17

> But don't expect your cabal to actually get any stronger when they are only fighting with rewards.

Because you can get PK'd by someone's unique title?

I mean, come on.

TMNSFri 01-Jun-12 10:38 AM
2670 posts
#109233, "I laughed. And totally agree."
In response to Reply #18

Uh oh, Yarglen's custom room description just whupped my ass

RayihnThu 31-May-12 01:05 PM
1147 posts
#109162, "RE: Holy Crap. Really? (Warning. Rant inside.)"
In response to Reply #17

Somewhere, probably in the last year or so, I kind of realized that the kinds of players who come to me for interaction are also the ones who want the (mostly frivolous) little rewards. I realized that when I play a mort, it makes my day to have a last name given, a title, a hello from someone I admire, whatever.

And so I've really tried be better about giving those things out when they're deserved. I want this game to be fun, above all.

I respect longevity, and I've had amazing experiences over the last year with all the characters you've mentioned. Some of the rewards I've given out have been decent in power, though the vast majority are cosmetic little "thank you for being you" rewards that have zero impact on pk.

You can get upset if you want, but I didn't do it for you. I've done it for the really awesome, well rp'd, loyal, quality characters that have come by me lately.

As for rewarding Tairneach...he wasn't a star, no. He wasn't that character that people are going to say was the best of the best, but he was long lived, steady, solid, and classy on all accounts. I think these things should be rewarded. Do I miss them sometimes? Absolutely.

And while Baertat has some nice perks (Few of which are really useful for shaman, but anyways), exactly how did this guy's title and custom room desc (given I think around 400 hours?) ruin your playing experience with anything beyond withering jealousy? Honestly. Be less selfish.

RayihnThu 31-May-12 01:06 PM
1147 posts
#109163, "Oh, and"
In response to Reply #19

He got overpowered con quest also. OMG.

TMNSFri 01-Jun-12 10:42 AM
2670 posts
#109235, "Uh oh. You're an OP bitch!"
In response to Reply #20

Keep doing what you are doing.

The problem isn't you. It's what the playerbase expects out of you.

k-bThu 31-May-12 01:56 PM
Member since 19th Mar 2010
344 posts
#109167, "The main thing I was saying..."
In response to Reply #19

Was that you're hurting them by treating them as your children. I get that you want your followers to be as happy as possible, but in the end, that hurts them because when they go to another imm, they expect the same thing. And bitch and moan when they don't get it, feeling underappreciated, when in fact, they are merely decent at best.

In the long time I've played this game, the heavy rewards have heavy rewards have 99% of the time, gone to TRULY noteworthy characters. People who'se RP or PK expertice has left a PROFOUND impact on the game, and the time they were in. I don't see that from some of the highly rewarded people in your cabal. That is all. I do not make the decisions, as Enlilth pointed out, so I don't expect you to care what I think.

However, at some point, if you don't speak up about something you're adamant about, then you become part of the problem.

Lastly, usually those last names/long descs/titles come with mass imm xp rewards as well. That isn't nothing, and certainly has huge benefits with regards to PK, because edges can really help out. Anyways, that's all I got. Getting you all upset wasn't the point.

Just give it some thought.

EnlilthThu 31-May-12 02:10 PM
Member since 20th Jan 2008
187 posts
#109168, "RE: The main thing I was saying..."
In response to Reply #22

This is all true dude, but the characters you're specifically complaining about are all 800 hours plus. Imm xp tends to stack up after 800 hours with decent roleplay. So where is the line? What defines profound impact on the game? In my book someone sticking to their roleplay for 800 hours does have a profound impact on the game. So why not reward some dude at hour #600 to keep them going. She wasn't tossing out coveted sword or quest skills/spells/powers. She changed it so people would see something other than Tairneach is here. when they walked in, and gave him the pat on the back title, and a well-deserved tat.

We've all had to deal with the Fort death squad the last six months. Occasionally you wind up with 600+ hour character players that find themselves in the same cabal.

-- Try an Enlilth follower today! Enlilth, now with 40% more chewey caramel in every bite. --

StraklawThu 31-May-12 11:19 PM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#109213, "Wait a minute, for once good WON??!?"
In response to Reply #23

>We've all had to deal with the Fort death squad the last six
>months. Occasionally you wind up with 600+ hour character
>players that find themselves in the same cabal.

Specific players aside, are we REALLY talking about a *FORT* death squad? It's the end of the world!

DurNominatorFri 01-Jun-12 05:46 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109217, "So this is the reason for hell being closed for mainten..."
In response to Reply #48

Because it froze over.

GaplemoFri 01-Jun-12 05:52 AM
Member since 06th May 2010
619 posts
#109218, "The 9th circle has always been frozen. nt"
In response to Reply #49

nt

DaevrynFri 01-Jun-12 08:26 AM
11117 posts
#109226, "RE: Wait a minute, for once good WON??!?"
In response to Reply #48

Yeah. Fort actually was running things most of the day for a few months there. Shocking, right?

TMNSFri 01-Jun-12 10:46 AM
2670 posts
#109237, "I was happy to be involved in the rare Fort domination."
In response to Reply #51
Edited on Fri 01-Jun-12 10:47 AM

I was also in the (very brief) Nexus domination period!

Though, I also played a mage during the Borkahd/Woldrun/Gahdak/Malakhi/Bartis/Selene/etc Rager domination as well. Maybe it evened out

Edited to add: I also played an uncaballed during the infamous Empire perma (was my first hero-range char). And played Empire one of the few times THEY dominated!

Yay me!

TMNSFri 01-Jun-12 10:43 AM
2670 posts
#109236, "Didn't you play Onya and Danntruso?"
In response to Reply #22

Didn't both of them have rewards that were arguably WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than Tairneach's?

Didn't you get those rewards for merely writing a decent story?

Might want to move out of that glass house broheem.

IllanthosThu 31-May-12 06:30 PM
Member since 14th Oct 2011
274 posts
#109196, "RE: Holy Crap. Really? (Warning. Rant inside.)"
In response to Reply #19

>it makes my day to have a last name given, a title, a hello from
>someone I admire, whatever.

This. I play CF for the RP. I have found very few other mediums where the philosophy of a fantasy setting is so readily discussed by such a large group of people.

EnlilthThu 31-May-12 01:41 PM
187 posts
#109166, "RE: Holy Crap. Really? (Warning. Rant inside.)"
In response to Reply #17

Nut up. Get over it. It's just words on a screen. If you'd like to dispense OP rewards like long description and title on people liberally there's a process that you can go through that will get you those abilities.

Gods tatting their priests. The nerve!

-- Try an Enlilth follower today! Enlilth, now with 40% more chewey caramel in every bite. --

old_timerThu 31-May-12 02:11 PM
Member since 29th May 2012
8 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109169, "RE: Holy Crap. Really? (Warning. Rant inside.)"
In response to Reply #17

Baer and Ray kinda already answered this, but I wanted to put in my 2c.

The kinds of rewards/interactions/treatment are the reasons some people play this game. So kudos to Baer et all who do it.

Just lending my voice to the camp that says- keep up the good work!

And to KB - relax a little man, the things you are talking about really make a marginal difference in the PK side of the game EVEN if they came with an edge or two.

MinyarThu 31-May-12 03:51 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
504 posts
#109176, "I remember when shifters started."
In response to Reply #17

I remember when the Yeti and Wolverine and the Empire and Masters were just raping everything and everyone. They all seemed to be together then too, and I con-died my battle leader against them. I made it on the pillar...that was all I got from it, but I think that has had a far more profound gift than the at the time rewards they got. Following Baer's Imm's is fun, I know how much fun I had as Lornis..it was a blast playing with her, because she made things more fun and rewarding. I did get a quest form, and it was cool, but it wasn't OP IMO. I think one of the coolest things I got at the time was the ability to emote freelyh in form. That was fun. I can understand your argument, but I think you have to just roll with it and stick to your role/.guns and you will be rewarded in time too. Heck..I can't even imagine playign the same char for 600 hours.

IllanthosThu 31-May-12 06:00 PM
Member since 14th Oct 2011
274 posts
#109185, "RE: Holy Crap. Really? (Warning. Rant inside.)"
In response to Reply #17
Edited on Thu 31-May-12 06:00 PM

I'm really rather interested in hearing what amazing imm rewards I have recieved.

Please, do enlighten me.

While I do appreciate what I have been given, if you think my success is a product of immortal rewards, you're delusional.

All of the characters you have listed won role contests/averaged 500+ hours/put in serious RP time/in general were pretty awesome people. Being religious with a super-active IMM is very helpful in getting rewards for delivering the goods, and many goods were indeed delivered.

Tairneach (Anonymous)Thu 31-May-12 06:00 PM
Charter member
#109186, "Laughable"
In response to Reply #17

This is all laughable, I don't really care what you say about it. I worked hard for what I got. Was I a blazing comet in the sky? No, but I did what I could, worked hard, and I got rewarded. I had a char that survived almost 600 hours. That's a longass time IMO. Got a custom title around like around 350 and tatt'd around the same time, dear god help us all. Last name around 300, and the custom room desc at around like 500. I've survived, big deal. Are these heavy rewards? Depends on how you look at it I suppose. I wouldn't say so, heavy imm rewards would be like a crap ton of imm xp plus all that I got, plus some other thing. What I don't know but there ya go.

Tat was nice, it was more for show than anything really, I got some use out of it, real good use at unexpected times but it wasn't a constant thing.

As far as your post about imm xp and Enlilth is right when you live for almost 600 hours you tend to wrack up a lot of imm xp but whenever I buy the pbf for Tairneach you're gonna be like wtf? So until then just hold your comments about imm xp.

EnlilthThu 31-May-12 06:52 PM
187 posts
#109199, "RE: Laughable"
In response to Reply #35

What I find ridiculous is that anyone is being asked to justify anything directly in regards to this character, or any other for that matter. I don't think these opinions are appropriately addressed a deletion thread. It just soils the character.

Congrats on a well-played character. I hope you truly enjoyed every second as Tairneach. I hope we, collectively, were able to make it fun for you to be Tairneach. I look forward to seeing what you do next, or down the line when you find the next one that grabs you enough to sink 800 hours into.

RayihnThu 31-May-12 06:56 PM
1147 posts
#109200, "It's worth noting"
In response to Reply #44

Enlilth affectionately nicknamed you "Taintpunch" so you need to take his words with that in mind. He must have really loved you.

EnlilthThu 31-May-12 07:08 PM
187 posts
#109201, "RE: It's worth noting"
In response to Reply #45

Did you see? He was also Dubslam?

Tairneach (Anonymous)Thu 31-May-12 09:22 PM
Charter member
#109209, "Taintpunch"
In response to Reply #46

and Dubslam? Interesting, thanks I appreciate the nicknames lol.

Zynzyn (Anonymous)Thu 31-May-12 05:50 PM
Charter member
#109183, "So long"
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Thu 31-May-12 05:55 PM

Before I say this next bit, know that I think you're a good guy, so take it as constructively as possible.

That being said, I really, really dislike seeing that you were also Dubhslan. This means that you literally, some days, would fight me as Tairneach and then re-log as Dubhslan to camp enemy cabals waiting for me to retrieve. You caught me at the Fortress once with that, and tried at the Village several times. I'm sure there was probably time in between your logins and logouts - I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and I'll say it was unintentional. But, still, it's one very clear example of why having multiple characters can be a problem.

Just to show you how bitter I was (briefly) towards Dubhslan, here is a snippet from a log I don't think I ever posted to Dio's. I usually edit in some commentary right when I copy/paste the log, which sometimes is a bit...vitriolic. I almost always change the language around before making the final post to the boards. This has the original comments:

**Sweet vengeance against Fortlander. You already have 4 heroes and two Squires. Why not camp
**out and try to snipe a kill like you did last time, right Dubby? Glad I got you, ####er.

A zombie of a water sprite has arrived.
A flesh golem has arrived.
A mummified warrior has arrived.

<538/538hp 779/779m 558mv> 16610tnl whoi d
<51 Mummy Nec> Dvalygg Veidt the Sacerdotal Assassin, Initiate of the Beast
<27 Human Nec> Djuric the Master Animator

<538/538hp 779/779m 558mv> 16610tnl e
In the Foothills

<538/538hp 779/779m 554mv> 16610tnl where
People near you:
(PK) Zynzyn In the Foothills

<538/538hp 779/779m 554mv> 16610tnl c 'faerie fog'
You conjure a cloud of purple smoke.
You have become better at faerie fog!

<538/538hp 767/779m 554mv> 16600tnl n
In the Foothills

<538/538hp 767/779m 545mv> 16600tnl c 'faerie fog'

<538/538hp 755/779m 545mv> 16600tnl where
c sleep Dubhslan
e
People near you:
(PK) Zynzyn In the Foothills

<538/538hp 755/779m 545mv> 16600tnl They aren't here.

<538/538hp 755/779m 545mv> 16600tnl In the Mountains

<538/538hp 755/779m 535mv> 16600tnl c 'faerie fog'
Dubhslan is revealed!
Dubhslan is covered with glowing purple dust.

(sleep/death followed, but that's not really the point of the log so I'll cut it here.)

Alllll that being said, my experiences with Tairneach were pretty much good, except for the fact that your summon could make my life hell when gangs were on the prowl.

-Mek

P.S. Also, I don't get why you said Scions, by-and-large, didn't have your respect. Much of the time they were your only enemies (which means they had the cojones to stick out the Fort deathsquads). That alone deserves consideration, I would think.

Tairneach (Anonymous)Thu 31-May-12 06:05 PM
Charter member
#109187, "RE: So long"
In response to Reply #32

I'm glad you replied, you were one of the few I respected as Tairneach. As far as your accusation goes, Dubhslan was gone before I even rolled Tairneach, or if not then it wasn't long afterwards. Either way if I had Tairneach and Dubhslan active together, they were never in hero range if they were. Tairneach might have been at like 10 maybe 15, if, if they were even active at the same time. And then Dubhslan was gone.

Zynzyn (Anonymous)Thu 31-May-12 06:33 PM
Charter member
#109197, "Ok"
In response to Reply #36

It's possible that's accurate about the timeline. Anyways, glad you had a blast with Tairneach, man!

TMNSFri 01-Jun-12 10:39 AM
2670 posts
#109234, "Not for nothing, I respected the #### out of Zynzyn. N..."
In response to Reply #32

NT

TMNSFri 01-Jun-12 10:32 AM
2670 posts
#109231, "Loved this character, and sorry about your Mom."
In response to Reply #2

We had some fun times (though fighting Rindros made me groan often) whether PKing some bad guys in the Fortress Gank Squadâ„¢ or sitting around Nizzarsh while Vallinane cracked jokes.

Was glad to see you really "fill" into your shoes later in life with other characters. Didn't get to interact with you much after Laesron (other than a few tells here and there) but I noticed you still seemed solid.

Good luck with real life. It's way more important than CF.

Kimond (Anonymous)Wed 30-May-12 08:14 PM
Charter member
#109131, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Tairneach Waterstrider the Pri..."
In response to Reply #0

Bah to you too. Thanks for the induct. Wish I could have had more time hanging out with at hero. Why the delete, by the way?

Tairneach (Anonymous)Thu 31-May-12 06:25 PM
Charter member
#109195, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Tairneach Waterstrider the Pri..."
In response to Reply #1

See thanks and goodbye above.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #109129 Previous topic | Next topic