Subject: "(CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Otuerghad Delantr'yl the Deft Hand ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #109112
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 30-May-12 01:04 AM
Member since 29th Sep 2024
17191 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109112, "(CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Otuerghad Delantr'yl the Deft Hand of Imperial Dominion, Emperor of Thera"

Tue May 29 23:01:08 2012

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Otuerghad perished, never to return.

Race:dark-elf
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:717

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Goodbyes, Otuerghad (Anonymous), 30-May-12 09:00 PM, #6
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Illanthos, 30-May-12 09:37 PM, #7
Reply RE: Goodbyes, dolt, 30-May-12 09:53 PM, #8
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Illanthos, 31-May-12 06:17 PM, #12
Reply Wish you had told me!, Norington (Anonymous), 30-May-12 10:28 PM, #9
Reply I was going to kill you that one time at the Village., Solec of WillowWood (Anonymous), 30-May-12 10:32 PM, #10
Reply RE: I was going to kill you that one time at the Villag..., Otuerghad (Anonymous), 30-May-12 10:40 PM, #11
Reply I was an absolutely huge fan of this character., TMNS, 01-Jun-12 10:25 AM, #13
Reply Man that Blackclaw guild was badass, Timnad (Anonymous), 30-May-12 05:08 PM, #5
Reply Supremely impressed., k-b, 30-May-12 02:45 PM, #4
Reply I get back from memorial day weekend to see this...... ..., Kurbrawn (Anonymous), 30-May-12 10:10 AM, #3
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Otuerghad Delantr'yl the Deft H..., Chirtlak (Anonymous), 30-May-12 03:40 AM, #2
Reply Respect, Rindros (Anonymous), 30-May-12 02:01 AM, #1

Otuerghad (Anonymous)Wed 30-May-12 09:00 PM
Charter member
#109133, "Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

Cabakso: I liked your take on the souls you gathered. It offered a different perspective than most APs I had dealt with in the past. Good luck with gathering more of them.

Kurbrawn: You were the first hero that I ever had that actually accepted my offer of the bloodoath. I generally offered it
to every hero that was worth something, and was actually surprised you said yes. I sort of expected that you would quit after you got anathema, but glad you stuck around and hopefully continue to do so.

Eleagra: Great fighter..not so much of a leader and I am pretty sure you knew you sealed your fate with that note and the anathema of Kurbrawn and the threat of doing the same to Yarglen. Truth be told the vote for War Master was nothing more than for me to figure out loyalties and I knew who I was going to pick no matter how the vote came out.

Alannah: From what I hear, you are a good Shadow Lord/Lady. I never really got to interact much with you since our playing
times seem to be the opposite. I was going to demote you and put another Shadow in your place, but I know the hardships
of playing at opposite times than the strength of the Empire from my other Imperials, and figured I would give you the benefit
of the doubt, Taht and your donations were rising or at least not falling whcih to me indicated you were indeed playing.

Kheorr: I was thinking you were planning on overthrowing me, and started preparing for it. Instead, you went and deleted
which was very unfortunate. You were a great high priest to have around, and I was very paranoid of you trying to take my throne.

Mordanad: Thank you for all the couriers. I actually enjoyed when you would log in, just so I could make a comment on them. It at
least was entertaining when I really faced no enemies at that time.

Lisos: Public enemy number one it seemed like whenever Sivyh was Emperor, as I remember making a trade with you and he told me
no trading with him anymore, you just kill him. However, your help is what led me to keep trucking with this guy. Thanks.

Shadow Mino Shaman : I can't remember your name, but you were right in that I did not have your best interest at heart when you
would raid with us. In fact, I openly called on the Cabal channel, don't worry about protecting the Shaman, use him as the meat shield
as we need.

Qiirvas: Not sure why you deleted so early as High Priest, but it was fun running around with you.

Yarglen: I wish you did not delete, and I tried to tell you not to worry abotu the donations. I did not let any of my sect leaders
fall below the promoting power without giving them a few 100 gold. You were a good presence for both the Blades and the Empire.

Skarlot: Thanks for helping me out. It was great goign on adventures with you.

Tavlin: Man, I kept hoping you would actually accept the oath. It was fun bantering with you about it though, even though I knew
I stood little chance against you.

Illanthos: I still wish you would have taken the oath. Seriously, though you are a good presence for the Fortress, and I was always
amazed at how things changed when you would log on or log off. I still can't beleive we got you that one time at the Fort.

Enemies: I had many many of them throughout my life, and generally there was respect both ways.

Enlilth: Thanks for letting me be Emperor that much longer, and to whoever (I think) stepped in for you in my quest.

Immortals: Thank you for the game and all that you do. The next bit is a rant so if you wish, you can stop reading now.

I know I missed a lot of people, so reply if you want, and I will try and answer.

Trapper Thief:

This build is definitely a learning experience for me. I had originally rolled the thief up and joined Empire in hopes of getting to talk to Norrington so he could show me where all the traps were, but he deleted before I even got high enough to use traps. It was
fun trying to find some trap ingredients and thanks to everyone that helped me out. I had fought against Norrington and and saw what a pain pepper dust was

A lot of the trapper skills have limited to no real value but so be it. On to my main gripe.

Pepper Dust:

This build went from a somewhat viable PKer to a horrible one with one major change that I still do not understand why it was done.

I do not know why the pepper dust was changed from very hard / impossible to cure to easily cured.

This went from a really good pk move to worse than blindness dust or dirt kicking, and I fail to understand why this had to be weakened
other than the complaints from the Fortress at the time. Pepper dust went to blinding foes for awhile to being cured before I could
even recover from the lag caused by it. It could never be used on sleeping people as it caused them to wake up, so I had to be or to
engage everyone in the room to even use it. I submitted plenty of bugs on the issue, on how it was so easily cured but no one seemed to care.

I remember my bard villager complaining that it could not be cured by truesight, but never once was it corrected so I assumed it was
designed that way. It is just ridiculous that the trapper thief which is rarely played anyways needed to be crippled, yet there are
other things in the game that also can not be cured or have long durations that no one ever corrects:

Wrath - Can't cure that
Power Word Pain from Nabigah's devil - Last forever and can't be cured.
Rot - Can't cure it

The list could go on and on about uncurable things. I just wish that more consideration was given to it before just making it relatively useless as after 42 just about everyone has a cure blindness potion or even a recall potion to get to a healer to cure it. I understood the change about not making it affect the undead, but did not understand the change to make it so easily cured. It was previosuly already not even viable in facing anyone with invoker shields. I know I won't waste the points on it again as a trapper thief, as it didn't even blind a good amount of NPCs that would still attack me when affected by it.

IllanthosWed 30-May-12 09:36 PM
Member since 14th Oct 2011
274 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109137, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #6
Edited on Wed 30-May-12 09:37 PM

Fun times were had! I enjoyed our little banter, and very much appreciated your willingness to not simply rob me blind at every opportunity. As a result, I was a lot more willing to throw down with you solo, when I had virtually no chance of actually sealing a kill on you. You were Illanthos' #1 frenemy.

The time you got me at the Fort was an instance where nearly everything could go wrong for me, did. A 4v1 whilst permalagged, with no anti-gank code loving makes me a dead elf.

Though you were not a crazy PK beast, you were a good leader in a time where that was what the Empire really needed. Illanthos (For his own reasons) wished that you retained the position of Emperor for as long as possible. More with my goodbyes (when they finally come).

On pepper dust: I had the displeasure of fighting you pre-pepper dust change. It was a 13-hour incurable mass blindness that landed with frightening regularity, despite my formidable saves. Rot, Wrath, Pain... Don't shut someone down like being incurably blind (well... maybe Pain). You cannot target friends with beneficial abilities, nor foes with offensive ones. You cannot shuffle around your EQ or inventory, and finding your way around is a pain in the arse.

Being blind sucks. Being incurably blind for 13 ticks absolutely shuts people down...

GLWYN!

doltWed 30-May-12 09:52 PM
Member since 27th Dec 2007
96 posts
#109138, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #7
Edited on Wed 30-May-12 09:53 PM

>
>On pepper dust: I had the displeasure of fighting you
>pre-pepper dust change. It was a 13-hour incurable mass
>blindness that landed with frightening regularity, despite my
>formidable saves. Rot, Wrath, Pain... Don't shut someone down
>like being incurably blind (well... maybe Pain). You cannot
>target friends with beneficial abilities, nor foes with
>offensive ones. You cannot shuffle around your EQ or
>inventory, and finding your way around is a pain in the arse.
>
>Being blind sucks. Being incurably blind for 13 ticks
>absolutely shuts people down...
>

Yeah actually I didn't steal much unless I was stealing the Codex from people.

Rot pretty much shuts down any long lived aggressive character to go find +con unless they happen to be carrying enough.

Shadow Word Pain definitely shuts you down as it prevents you from doing a lot of things.

Maybe not 13 ticks, but to make it from 13 hours to basically useless seems kind of extreme for where it is in the trapper path. And I am pretty sure a healing sleep would of handled it...did it not? It didn't land all that much, must of been just fortunate on you.

Hadn't seen you lately about, but good luck.

IllanthosThu 31-May-12 06:17 PM
Member since 14th Oct 2011
274 posts
#109193, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #8

Real life is a bitch. I really wish I had more time and energy to play, but this job is kicking my ass.

Norington (Anonymous)Wed 30-May-12 10:28 PM
Charter member
#109142, "Wish you had told me!"
In response to Reply #6

Before I was shadow lord, and only Spymaster and Bandit King simultaneously, I was the only trapper thief on doing stuff until Flaayin went for hero and dominated the range. I would have LOVED having a trapper thief apprentice to run around with because if there's anything more scary than one trapper thief? TWO!

Good job dominating as Emperor and sorry I couldn't be around to teach.

Solec of WillowWood (Anonymous)Wed 30-May-12 10:32 PM
Charter member
#109143, "I was going to kill you that one time at the Village."
In response to Reply #6

But you were smart and stayed in the shadows after your traps set off on me. I was lucky I was in Armadillo form. But the affects were retarded. A bunch of maladies for something around 30 ticks, bleeding being one of them.

Other then that, I had nothing against Odeergod. Keep trucking with the awesome characters.

Otuerghad (Anonymous)Wed 30-May-12 10:40 PM
Charter member
#109144, "RE: I was going to kill you that one time at the Villag..."
In response to Reply #10

Yeah most of the times those traps were for the villagers unless the Nexans were hunting me, but generally I tried to lay those traps for whoever fled and then I could pick them off, but I really didn't expect your forms to have an issue with them.

TMNSFri 01-Jun-12 10:25 AM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#109229, "I was an absolutely huge fan of this character."
In response to Reply #6

Some of the post-death (either mine or yours) chats we had were the best I've ever had in CF.

Too often after someone dies the player is so upset it hurts the roleplay, but that never ever happened with you.

I was very impressed at your ability to make a class combo that seems weak as #### fairly powerful in PK as well.

I'd love to find more time to play to be on the same side as you with your next.

Great job.

Timnad (Anonymous)Wed 30-May-12 05:08 PM
Charter member
#109125, "Man that Blackclaw guild was badass"
In response to Reply #0

I believe it was me, you, Yubotexz and Vallinane at one time?

Maybe I am wrong but I enjoyed all my interactions with Otuerghad!

GLWYN

k-bWed 30-May-12 02:45 PM
Member since 19th Mar 2010
344 posts
#109124, "Supremely impressed."
In response to Reply #0

I knew you over several different characters and I can say that I was happy to serve and fight against Emperor Otuerghad. You gave your own flare to a build that isn't very flashy and that is commendable. GLWYN and take care.

Kurbrawn (Anonymous)Wed 30-May-12 10:10 AM
Charter member
#109121, "I get back from memorial day weekend to see this...... ..."
In response to Reply #0

Thanks for everything. The second chance to join Empire, helping me become a better War Master, showing me some VERY useful things.... you were awesome. Most important though, thanks for playing this game that so few of us still love to play. I hope you come back around with something. Good luck with whatever you do.

Chirtlak (Anonymous)Wed 30-May-12 03:40 AM
Charter member
#109116, "RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Otuerghad Delantr'yl the Deft H..."
In response to Reply #0

Didn't fight or interact with you before the final fight, and damn I have to say those traps are confusing. Damn near got me the first run around, and in fact would have if you had both just spammed trip. I was so confused when I just saw a ton of trap damage, then weapontrip, and suddenly your trips started landing. I scrolled back at wtf earthbind traps, but turns out the confuse effect from the trap made me adhesive webbed *myself* and hit the earthbind.

The second and thrid time around I came in slightly better prepared in terms of both dam redux and what to expect. I was so confused at first why you were ditching the eq I was returning, thought it's some roleplay quirk, but turns out it happened to be the last fight you had. Short but sweet

GLWYN

Rindros (Anonymous)Wed 30-May-12 02:01 AM
Charter member
#109113, "Respect"
In response to Reply #0

Though Rindros did not take kindly to your disrespect, you stated your case with politeness and tact.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #109112 Previous topic | Next topic