Subject: "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Rystai Redhorn the Legend of the Ba..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #109084
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 28-May-12 12:00 PM
Member since 29th Sep 2024
17191 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109084, "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Rystai Redhorn the Legend of the Battlefield"

Mon May 28 09:56:05 2012

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 5th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Rystai perished, never to return.

Race:minotaur
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:149

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Once more into the fray..., blackfire87, 28-May-12 12:55 PM, #1
     Reply Good char, great foe, Iklahn (Anonymous), 28-May-12 01:37 PM, #2
     Reply Controls are hard to come by with dwindling numbers, Djutima (Anonymous), 29-May-12 03:17 AM, #3
     Reply I agree with you, blackfire87, 29-May-12 04:10 AM, #4
          Reply I did? I havn't leeched any weapons yet. Picked up thre..., Djutima (Anonymous), 29-May-12 08:59 AM, #5
               Reply It was either your or sevastyan. You two were the only ..., blackfire87, 29-May-12 10:29 AM, #6
                    Reply Believe I took your weapon, Dormoth (Anonymous), 29-May-12 04:34 PM, #8
                         Reply The life of an AP. No guild bonds!, Abernyte, 30-May-12 02:49 AM, #10
     Reply I was fearing this would happen too soon..., Ogsert (Anonymous), 29-May-12 03:11 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Once more into the fray..., Kelarin, 29-May-12 04:54 PM, #9
     Reply RE: Once more into the fray..., Fjarn, 02-Jun-12 08:43 PM, #11

blackfire87Mon 28-May-12 12:55 PM
Member since 19th Jun 2011
58 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109086, "Once more into the fray..."
In response to Reply #0

Originally I had rolled the character Aranna to jump back into the fray of defeating 'team good' since they were the major power when Demiero was alive. The whole anti-paladin thing wasnt something i was truly ready for yet so I decided to roll another char. To my luck I think someone had just deleted a minotaur and on the reboot I got one...

I sat and thought about what I could do to stand out from any minotaur anyone has probably ever seen. I decided early on that I would just use hands as the only weapon and just give myself a lot of health. That worked well until I got around 40 and started fighting stronger mages. I figured I needed a weapon to make them bleed or lose dex in order to win. I went with dagger because its light and the only way to make me drop it was to disarm me or kotegaeshi. Legacy choices were crashing/incaradine. I figured if i could disarm people and make them fight with bare hands I could win. Well that didnt work once people found out they would just dirt me to stop that. Wish I didnt choose crashing but the warcry legacy instead. Incaradine worked good I just wish I knew what -stats hand/dagger did.

Hope everyone enjoyed the char... I tried to not be a #### or anything. He was neutral/chaotic so sometimes he would be mad and act on his anger. He had that right. Sometimes he was nice as hell and gave away weapons/armor. I rarely backed down(if ever) from a fight and was always willing to jump into battle. I never got to finish his role the way I wanted. Mostly my fault for being lazy and continuing his story. I wanted Fjarn to tattoo me and be a follower but never pursued. He hated those who were dishonorable and couldnt fight for themselves. I only every typed full loot 2 times and even still i gave some things back.

For the last two weeks I was running around with about 6 con or less and knew that my time was about to be up if I didnt get a con quest. Bah

Goodbyes:

Salyeris - I felt like you and I could take on the world when we ran around. Your a damn good commander and the village will need another strong leader like you. Glad I did defeat you that one time in the arena. My confidence was through the roof after that...then I go and die to chancellor. Ha.

Farag - Why have a minotaur and not play it? Didnt like you much since you rarely showed up. Rystai took it as being somewhat cowardice to hide in your huts for long periods of time.

Djetmai/mamangava - My two hidden buddies. I enjoyed the little time we did run around and our duels in the arena. Was sad to see both of you con die..but knew I was going to soon myself. GLWYN both of you and hopefully we all return to the village.

Kelarin/Rathmuk - Just met you two but I know you will do the village some good. Keep up the good work.

All the other villagers who I stopped seeing...get off your other chars and log on! Or make time to play!

Island:

Ikhlan/Kii - Two fleeing return ambush/knife bastards! Hated both of you. Specially when I was told to be full looted. On the other hand good tactics and good fighting. I think you are the nexuns who got me the most.

Shifter #2343827 - #2343923 - Most of you would fight...but only at the inners. Any other time I would have to deal with you running away or escaping somehow. Got a few of you though sometimes.

Xong- Got you YOU minotaur hacking entwining goring buffalo head trash talking whore. Glad you fought it out till con death.

Scions:

Nabigah/Nassorin/Advisor - I think all of ya got me at least once... but only saw you guys maybe 5 times at most. I wanted revenge on you. Come out of hiding more often.

Djutima - I used to work you over and you ALWAYS somehow escaped. That one time I had you dead to rights the advisor came and recalled you at convulsing. Then I got too old to harm you and you never grew up..

Imperials:

Sevasytan - Most coward bItch ass trash talking fire giant ever. You are lucky i didnt get you those times I had you set up. Oooh Boy full loot was coming to you.

Other imperials didnt play too big a part except a few priests I had to punch in the mouth.

Outlanders -

You guys are the reason I con died so early. No lie.

Balete/Xasivus - You multi killing bastards. That is why I took most of ya stuff xasivus because rystai was pissed you guys kept setting up the quicksand/pit/cloud/icestorm/noxious gas combo but wouldnt fight him one on one. The times you did fight me one on one...things went differently. Balete if I had gotten you..You were gonna come back to your corpse pissed. I swear you guys cost me at least 3-4 con.

Grafacut - I swear if I had used better tactics I could have gotten you the time we fought one on one. I was disappointed that you felt you had to gang me with balete. After that rystai saw you differently. Too bad he never saw you again...

Tribunal:

You all did your job best you could. Loved causing trouble for you though. I was chaotic. Almost got you islinic! Cant remember if I got any of you. So many logs...so little time.

Anyone I missed...reply and I will say my piece. I will post some logs on dio's because I dont know how to post em here.

OH and which immortal came down and Rp'ed with me as the destructor. That had to be one of my most memorable moments. Thanks for that. We drank and chatted up a little while. Then I went and died..I felt embarassed.

See you in the fields if I return...

When...

Iklahn (Anonymous)Mon 28-May-12 01:37 PM
Charter member
#109087, "Good char, great foe"
In response to Reply #1

I had one way that I could even dream of killing you. 2 ambushes and praying that rng didnt feed me to deathblow. I love fighting ragers, but I also hate fighting them too. Props to you for being one who would actually fight me in the wilderness from time to time. Hope to see another char soon.

Djutima (Anonymous)Tue 29-May-12 03:17 AM
Charter member
#109093, "Controls are hard to come by with dwindling numbers"
In response to Reply #1

I liked Rystai as a villager and the time the advisor prevented my death to you was the only time anyone intervened but glad he did as I was pretty much permalagged by the bashing followed by pummeling and the only command that went through was the 'quaff diminution' I tried to enter as I saw you on 'where PK'. You were writhing to convulsing at the end of it so it wasn't all one way traffic.

As an AP, it is tough, when you have #### wand locations, to gather up enough limited wands to have the required protection to deal with RBW. This left me frustrated because when I prepped up I could never find you and when you were close I never got prepped enough, in time, to deal with your damage output.

I plan on 'growing up' but I wished to have a little better control of my blessing, however long that might take with either slim pickings or the only pickings being RBWs. I am still only about 100hrs old so I will make a decision at 150 hours as to 'grow' or 'controls'.

Not my fault the AP class was designed to compete this way, well unless you are imperial and have a posse.

GLWYN

blackfire87Tue 29-May-12 04:10 AM
58 posts
#109094, "I agree with you"
In response to Reply #3

You might not remember but you came through and waxed Aranna and took her weapon and my few little charges.

I knew after playing an ap for a little while that you all had it rough. Good luck and see you in the fields

Djutima (Anonymous)Tue 29-May-12 08:59 AM
Charter member
#109095, "I did? I havn't leeched any weapons yet. Picked up thre..."
In response to Reply #4

n/t

blackfire87Tue 29-May-12 10:29 AM
58 posts
#109097, "It was either your or sevastyan. You two were the only ..."
In response to Reply #5

nt

Dormoth (Anonymous)Tue 29-May-12 04:34 PM
Charter member
#109104, "Believe I took your weapon"
In response to Reply #6

And the one or two charges it had.

AbernyteWed 30-May-12 02:47 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
975 posts
#109114, "The life of an AP. No guild bonds!"
In response to Reply #8
Edited on Wed 30-May-12 02:49 AM

Makes the hard to play almost impossible.

Ogsert (Anonymous)Tue 29-May-12 03:11 PM
Charter member
#109101, "I was fearing this would happen too soon..."
In response to Reply #1

You were one of the only other Villagers around at my time for the most part, so it was a good thing that I really enjoyed Rystai.

I thought you did a tremendous job of playing chaotic and fearless-- I got that part of your RP and thoroughly enjoyed it.

And thanks for the rec and all that. I was hoping to get back to some more regular hours playing with you, but RL has been kicking the ass of my free time of late. Roll another Villager and get back in there!

KelarinTue 29-May-12 04:54 PM
Member since 29th May 2012
23 posts
#109105, "RE: Once more into the fray..."
In response to Reply #1

I'm sorry we didn't get more time together. I can't speak to the entire life of your character, but every interaction we had was great. I loved that you would drop whatever you were doing to come help rank, get that special piece of equipment, or just throw some banter back and forth. Your confidence was refreshing and if your goal was to come off fearless, you absolutely did.

I've played a minotaur or two to hero - all the bull jokes get old really fast. Way to stick with it!

Hurry back

FjarnSat 02-Jun-12 08:43 PM
Member since 03rd Jun 2008
173 posts
#109271, "RE: Once more into the fray..."
In response to Reply #1

I'm glad you enjoyed the Destructor chat. We all have hard luck days (or entire hard luck characters), and sometimes you just need something to interrupt the fail. At least, I know I do.

I liked Rystai's persistence, and I wanted to reward that...even if it was just with a drink.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #109084 Previous topic | Next topic