Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Tog Banderslaug the Planewalker" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #108912
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 18-May-12 01:20 AM
Member since 29th Sep 2024
17191 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108912, "(DELETED) [None] Tog Banderslaug the Planewalker"

Thu May 17 23:19:38 2012

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 11th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Tog perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:conjurer
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:163

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

QuixoticFri 18-May-12 06:53 AM
Member since 09th Feb 2006
837 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108913, "Love & Hate this character"
In response to Reply #0

I knew that this evolving role had a decent story to it--young man, seeking his father's love, imperils his soul to rescue his father from other-dimensional horrors--but this character had begun to feel like he was 600 hours old. This was my first mage for whom wands were a serious problem, and I did not want to resume my fruitless quest for wands without detect artifact. I will explain that later.

Fortress: several of the leadership actually contacted me, prodding me to get recommendations. If I had been pk-successful prior to level 35, I would have written a note and schmoozed like every other squire applicant, but from 35 until I met Reksah I felt I needed to let my actions recommend me; it was evident I really didn't know what I was doing. After I met Reksah, my character knew what lay in store for him, and he wasn't about to get inducted into the Fortress only to get kicked out.

Reksah: I succeeded in betraying the gnome air shapeshifter to his death, I enticed two antipaladins to commit suicide, but trying to even get near Clahier or Perathian to engineer their deaths was quite trying, as conjurers can be sooooo self-sufficient, and it impossible to line up my login times with theirs and a serious threat. The closest I came was when Clahier and I were about to explore the black dragon lair, and no sooner did I show him the entrance than he had to log out. GRRRRR! Eventually I had hoped to enter Scion, but alas.

Tog Banderslog was the first character that I ever felt was acting in a truly evil fashion. It is one thing to be evil from cradle to grave, but life is so much more wretched when you start a character off being kind, friendly, and loving but are compelled to commit evil acts out of love for another character.

Thank you for the role contest win and all the interactions. On to my next project.

TsunamiFri 18-May-12 11:42 AM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108923, "Right on!"
In response to Reply #1

Evolving roles = best roles. I've had a few neutrals (I play my neutrals closer to good) gone insane and/or skewing evil thanks to in game events. Also a good, paladin no less, that had a high chance of turning evil, but thanks to... Humbert I think it was, he ended up staying the course. It's a lot of fun to play a character that is maleable. I'm sure I spelled that incorrectly. I haven't played long enough to get any real alignment changes though. Kudos to you!

Perathian (Anonymous)Sun 20-May-12 09:42 PM
Charter member
#108955, "Black Dragon and Betrayal"
In response to Reply #1

That incident with the Black Dragon was with me, not Clahier, but that's splitting hairs...

Sorry the character developed into a drag, I was actually hoping to help you with your wand hunt, but like you said it seemed like our lognin times never meshed...

I never got an evil vibe from you AT ALL... so nice job with the plot you and Reksah had going. Sorry my daughter waking up with a nightmare threw a wrench in your plans...

Good luck with the next project.

QuixoticSun 20-May-12 10:39 PM
Member since 09th Feb 2006
837 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108957, "Oops! I should have checked my in-character notes."
In response to Reply #3

Tog was not inherently evil, but he knew that the choices he felt compelled to make would doom his soul. It certainly made me the player feel dirty.

The whole wand-issue surprised me. My previous mages have all had at least success with sleeks, and usually there were enough limited wands to fill in the gaps. I considered using the wand attunement edges, but buying two or three attunement edges and then beginning the search anew would have made me a sad panda.

Cheers.

ReksahTue 22-May-12 09:48 AM
Member since 30th Apr 2011
94 posts
Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108978, "RE: Love & Hate this character"
In response to Reply #1

I was looking forward to more! Oh well :-/

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #108912 Previous topic | Next topic