Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Zal the Dweller of the Wilds" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #108830
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 15-May-12 05:12 AM
Member since 29th Sep 2024
17191 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108830, "(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Zal the Dweller of the Wilds"

Tue May 15 03:10:30 2012

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 21st of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Zal perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:ranger
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:87

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

xrusTue 15-May-12 07:04 AM
Member since 13th May 2011
318 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108832, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Zal the Dweller of the Wilds"
In response to Reply #0

I should apologize to those who had any kind of RP with Zal. I liked him at first and I could Age-Die him if he was not of the battle. But being a human/cavern/explorer. I found absolutely no way to seal a kill and got tired very fast (I want to learn more and more about PK and I could do almost nothing with Zal).

I thought snare will help some, but it could not hold them long enough. I thought Zal can bearcharge, but he missed all!

Thanks to Saly and all who supported Zal in the village and all others who helped Zal get his ranks and has his fun!

Salyeris (Anonymous)Tue 15-May-12 09:05 AM
Charter member
#108838, "You are welcome."
In response to Reply #1

A few general tips from what I have seen. Rangers in the village are really not easily going to rack up very many PKs solo unless they have a good lagging move. Savage blow or mountaineer bearcharge on a giant are decent examples, but otherwise rangers play with a lot of finesse and patience, especially in the village. That's the tradeoff for all the versatility camo/herbs and such offers the ranger, they don't all have great PK sealing ability, especially when you take out spells like wasps and such.

If you watched what Iklahn does with savagee blow at the giant for example, it can net him a lot of kills since with one other person he can effectively perma lag anyone.

For Zal, you need to know that not all bearcharges are equal unfortunately, though you may not have known that when you rolled Zal. A cloud mountaineer beastmaster for example can far more effectively lag with it than a human cavern explorer can.

Snares are good for ambushing people outside of them and watching them flee into them. But most people, once snared, are going to be spamming flee.

Others with more experience can probably give you a few more tips if you want to try another ranger, especially if you want to do a battlerager one.

RogueTue 15-May-12 01:08 PM
Member since 24th Sep 2003
718 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#108844, "See ya, ballsy"
In response to Reply #1

We had a shortlived time, but what I saw of the trouble Kii was giving you, you did your best to give it right back while giving me the time of day.

Zal says: Why do you have an accent?

You say: Wha? Why der yeh havern eh accent? Kin barely unnderstands yeh!

Thanks for the rec.

-flsoTue 15-May-12 08:26 PM
Member since 02nd Oct 2007
296 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108853, "Snare alone should have given you kills"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Tue 15-May-12 08:26 PM

Not sure what the deal is with Battle and ranger spells
but if you can't use them then it makes things harder.

Caves is not a bad terrain, you can not rely on bearcharge
which you can't do in general anyway unless you play giant. Any ranger
expertise that gets snare can kill, it may require patience,
preparation and opportunism (even more so at hero) and you won't
be a powerhouse with this combo but you can definitely seal kills.

A snare placed at a 2 exit chokepoint will give you 50% chance for
2 ambushes, minimum 2 rounds of combat and 1 guaranteed command in most
cases before the opponent can flee. With a maximum damage build, you
should be able to kill a lot people.

Savage felar/human (str/power ambush)/cloud mountaineer (not forester
due to sure footing) seems like an ideal combo for this.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #108830 Previous topic | Next topic