Subject: "(DELETED) [NEXUS] Omaga Durnoc the Druid of Frost" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #108422
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 03-May-12 11:36 AM
Member since 29th Sep 2024
17191 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108422, "(DELETED) [NEXUS] Omaga Durnoc the Druid of Frost"

Thu May 3 09:33:01 2012

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Omaga perished, never to return.

Race:cloud
Class:druid
Level:46
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:98

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Omaga Durnoc the Druid of Frost, Valkenar, 03-May-12 11:43 AM, #1
     Reply The Sun sets on the land as the Moon weeps a tear., Solec of WillowWood (Anonymous), 07-May-12 11:38 AM, #2
     Reply what was the reward? nt, Artificial, 07-May-12 12:16 PM, #3
          Reply Wall of thorns., Rayihn, 07-May-12 12:27 PM, #4
               Reply Sickness!, N b M, 07-May-12 02:08 PM, #5
               Reply Maybe it's been changed since last I was there, but..., Graatch, 07-May-12 02:25 PM, #6
                    Reply RE: Maybe it's been changed since last I was there, but..., Rayihn, 07-May-12 02:44 PM, #7
                         Reply not to hijack a thread, but yes, Iklahn (Anonymous), 07-May-12 05:06 PM, #8
                              Reply RE: not to hijack a thread, but yes, Rayihn, 07-May-12 05:21 PM, #9
                              Reply You can blame me for the Plaque., Solec of WillowWood (Anonymous), 07-May-12 08:59 PM, #10

ValkenarThu 03-May-12 11:43 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1203 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108423, "RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Omaga Durnoc the Druid of Frost"
In response to Reply #0

I've never been sadder to delete a character. Omaga was a lot of fun for me, very succesful, had a sick (in skilled hands) role-contest reward, tatoo, cabal, progress towards a permanent impact on the game, all in under a hundred hours. Bah, so much wasted potential.

But my job kicked my ass, and right when I thought it would be clearing up it just got worse. I take care of my 15 month daughter during the day, and am a software contractor also, which combined with my wife's job keeping her out of the house 12 hours a day, is a lot like working two full jobs. Plus we have another due in June. Anyway, I considered just stringing this along, logging in to stave off autodeleting, but I haven't been able to play consistantly in long enough that I've lost the feel for him, and since I don't know when I'll be able to play again, just decided to stop kidding myslf.

Anyway, it was a fun character. I was going to roll a battle bard, but then I learned that the village had 3 already, so I scrapped that plan. So I rolled this guy figuring I could beat up battle guys because it seems like a good matchup, but it just didn't work at all. I'm horrible at PK, but whatever. I really had almost no negative interactions, and the village guys were all pleasant to rp and die against, which was nice.

I liked my Nexus buddies, and Rayihn, you were great, sorry to crap out like this.

Solec of WillowWood (Anonymous)Mon 07-May-12 11:38 AM
Charter member
#108540, "The Sun sets on the land as the Moon weeps a tear."
In response to Reply #1

Omaga was awesome. Like I mentioned earlier, I just wanted to induct you right away minus interview just on sole diversity to the cabal. But I'm glad we had our few conversations. Omaga was one of my favourites. My only wish was for you to hurry your ass up so we could have Bonded. Shifter/Druid, Shifter/Healer and while annoying Shifter/Thief/Assassin were the best Bonds.

ArtificialMon 07-May-12 12:16 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
#108541, "what was the reward? nt"
In response to Reply #1

nt

RayihnMon 07-May-12 12:27 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#108543, "Wall of thorns."
In response to Reply #3

Liked Omaga, and I thought it was pretty cool the way you evolved your RP based on the godname I strung you of all things. When you wanted to update the Island I was half like "OMG that's *my* area/baby you want to change WHAT?" and half like...suck it up, player driven changes are cool. It's too bad you didn't finish it.

Hope you try the faith again some time, all in all I thought you did great. Just would have liked to have seen more.

N b MMon 07-May-12 02:08 PM
Member since 29th Sep 2005
444 posts
#108545, "Sickness!"
In response to Reply #4

Old skills being tweaked and brought back for rewards kicks ass.

GraatchMon 07-May-12 02:25 PM
Member since 14th Apr 2010
167 posts
#108546, "Maybe it's been changed since last I was there, but..."
In response to Reply #4

>Liked Omaga, and I thought it was pretty cool the way you
>evolved your RP based on the godname I strung you of all
>things. When you wanted to update the Island I was half like
>"OMG that's *my* area/baby you want to change WHAT?" and half
>like...suck it up, player driven changes are cool. It's too
>bad you didn't finish it.
>
>Hope you try the faith again some time, all in all I thought
>you did great. Just would have liked to have seen more.

The room descriptions in nexus were all spaced wrong, in that they were entirely indented. The room name was justified properly right up to the left side of the screen, but the actual room descs were justified but indented a space or two in to the right.

RayihnMon 07-May-12 02:44 PM
1147 posts
#108547, "RE: Maybe it's been changed since last I was there, but..."
In response to Reply #6

Hm I just walked through it and it looked ok. I never noticed that happening. Anyone else see a problem?

Iklahn (Anonymous)Mon 07-May-12 05:06 PM
Charter member
#108550, "not to hijack a thread, but yes"
In response to Reply #7

The line wrap on the plaque is funky too.

RayihnMon 07-May-12 05:21 PM
1147 posts
#108552, "RE: not to hijack a thread, but yes"
In response to Reply #8

Can you email me the rooms that are wonky?

Solec of WillowWood (Anonymous)Mon 07-May-12 08:59 PM
Charter member
#108559, "You can blame me for the Plaque."
In response to Reply #8

Solec is his insanely long title that is. :-P

I was actually working to have the Plaque slightly changed. Rather then just having the names and titles, a small write-up about what the member stood for, and perhaps what they valued most. Unfortunately, Netflix on my PS3 lagged CF slightly and I con died before I could get it finished.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #108422 Previous topic | Next topic