Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [None] Mreklau the Warlord of the Grinning ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #108408
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 02-May-12 07:52 AM
Member since 29th Sep 2024
17191 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108408, "(AGE DEATH) [None] Mreklau the Warlord of the Grinning Skulls"

Wed May 2 05:49:17 2012

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 14th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Mreklau perished, never to return.

Race:orc
Class:berserker
Level:50
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:376

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MreklauSun 06-May-12 02:32 AM
Member since 13th Oct 2011
155 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108516, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Mreklau the Warlord of the Grinn..."
In response to Reply #0

Firstly I don't want to forget anyone so I will simply send out a big thanks to those that took the time to interact with Mreklau. Regardless of that beinging as a foe or allies.

Other than a couple flakey throw away characters this was my first true return character for a good 6-7 years. One day I was reading through the forums and a discussion of Orc addaptions came up basicaly saying Skrugga's are ####. SO I simply though well never played an orc before so the plan was to check them out and mess around with a Skrugga for a bit then delete. On that note I actually believe they have the potential to be quite a lethal combination with a couple of key edge choices. For me it really turned into an explore character because my area knowledge has faded alot with time and been replaced with other information which is kinda of valuable for my working career. This stood out the most when I killed a Paladin on Kiadana at about the 300hr mark and could not remember how to get to the second level, luckily they came my way instead!

My role was simple basicly Mreklau was a self obsessed coward. As such I spent most of the time solo levelling (Ugh what a start for someone who has not played for years) because Mreklau was horrified of group mates killing him. The only exception would be times when Mreklau could twist the situation to his advantage. This extended futher in the way that cabals were managed ultimately Mreklau was friends to all and enemies to none. The only Cabal I ever raided was fortress.

On me being Chief:
My playing times are fairly restricted and essentially with a few exceptions I was restricted to approximately 2am-6am game time, which for me being Australian works out to be about 7pm - 11pm. Then adding to that work comes in leaps and bounds so one week I can do 40 hrs the next week I can be up round the 100 hr mark. But you know what after seeing the chief slot sit open for 3 weeks after Burhmag and then about a week after Gralog and declining to go for it over roughly a 4 month period I thought bugger it why not see what all the fuss is about. About a month before I lost chief to Muzgash I had actually made it very clear in my role that I didnt believe I should be chief for the exact reasons detailed above. (I read some of the various opinions on Dio's sometimes it may be best taking a chill pill and worrying about your own stuff than offer uneducated opinions on the stuff other people have)

To be honest the I see being chief as a roleplaying option more than a power option, yes on the surface some of the skills seem great but ultimately in my opinion they also have alot of limitations and potential weaknesses.

I really think the imms do an awesome job but I really do think "WE" as players tend to forget that they donate there passion and time to the game freely.

For RL is going to take a fairly hefty precedence but I think another Orc is on the cards in a few months time.

KrunkTheOrc (Anonymous)Wed 02-May-12 08:44 PM
Charter member
#108418, "Wither? Age items?"
In response to Reply #0

From what I could tell, our times just didn't match up at all. The odds of my being awake from ~2am to ~8am system time is essentially zero... One must sleep sometime you know. I believe I saw you online once in Krunk's life, and while it was frustrating with your holding the Chieftan slot, I just want to let you know there was no hard feelings.

Hope you had fun. Good luck with whatever is next. The Clan will always be there when you want some good old bash action again.

MreklauSun 06-May-12 01:55 AM
Member since 13th Oct 2011
155 posts
#108515, "RE: Wither? Age items?"
In response to Reply #1

I don't believe I got withered through my play times at all. I was actually wearing -'ve age items but thats not to say that perhaps something one of those items does has a negative impact. My death actually came on the tick of removing one of my -'ve age items even with that I was still middle aged, thems the breaks sometimes. No everyone lives to a ripe old age.

IC and OOC I am glad you got chief position I am just a little dispointed in the way you got it from my end but thats simply due to the fact we didnt go at it toe to toe.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #108408 Previous topic | Next topic