Subject: "(CON LOSS) [TRIBUNAL] Dijur Za-Kahru the Legend of the ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #108259
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 20-Apr-12 01:24 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17192 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108259, "(CON LOSS) [TRIBUNAL] Dijur Za-Kahru the Legend of the Battlefield, Vindicator of the Blood Tribunal"

Fri Apr 20 11:21:03 2012

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 35th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Dijur perished, never to return.

Race:cloud
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:339

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Respect, Garm (Anonymous), 20-Apr-12 06:30 PM, #10
Reply RE: Respect, Borkahd, 20-Apr-12 06:52 PM, #11
Reply Goodbyes., Borkahd, 20-Apr-12 01:47 PM, #1
     Reply Nicely done, Salyeris (Anonymous), 20-Apr-12 02:08 PM, #2
     Reply You asked me why I killed you, Artificial, 20-Apr-12 02:23 PM, #3
     Reply Don't see why you can't., Straklaw, 20-Apr-12 03:03 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Don't see why you can't., Borkahd, 20-Apr-12 03:08 PM, #6
     Reply RE: You asked me why I killed you, Borkahd, 20-Apr-12 03:06 PM, #5
     Reply Excellent job., Dallevian, 20-Apr-12 03:27 PM, #7
     Reply Thanks! nt, Borkahd, 20-Apr-12 05:12 PM, #8
     Reply I liked Dijur and thought he was an excellent character, Vortex Magus, 20-Apr-12 05:47 PM, #9
     Reply Good char, Bork., Reksah, 20-Apr-12 09:10 PM, #12
     Reply RE: Good char, Bork., Borkahd, 20-Apr-12 09:44 PM, #13
     Reply Wow, you managed to play a neutral Trib well AND enjoy ..., Murphy, 20-Apr-12 10:47 PM, #14
     Reply RE: Wow, you managed to play a neutral Trib well AND en..., Borkahd, 20-Apr-12 11:17 PM, #15
     Reply Nice one, Yindathos (Anonymous), 21-Apr-12 05:43 AM, #16
     Reply Glad you had fun! , Agekeh (Anonymous), 21-Apr-12 08:50 AM, #17
     Reply RE: Glad you had fun! , Borkahd, 21-Apr-12 09:42 AM, #18
     Reply I was really hoping to be around when this happened..., Drident (Anonymous), 23-Apr-12 02:23 PM, #19

Garm (Anonymous)Fri 20-Apr-12 06:30 PM
Charter member
#108272, "Respect"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Fri 20-Apr-12 06:30 PM

For repeatedly coming to retrieve early in your life against me when it was pretty much a death sentence for you. You were one of the few tribunals I saw that never backed down from a retrieve.

When you heroed you became tough for me to fight and I'd like to have fought you more solo but never got the opportunity beyond group fights.

BorkahdFri 20-Apr-12 06:52 PM
Member since 17th Mar 2009
187 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108273, "RE: Respect"
In response to Reply #10

Thanks. I thought Garm was a class act and he has the whole evil lurking in the shadows kinda vibe. Good job and thanks for the fun!

-----------------
"My view of Borkahd IC"
If you anger him, he'll rape you to death, eat your flesh, and sew your skin into his clothing. And if you're very, very lucky, he'll do it in that order. ~Twist

BorkahdFri 20-Apr-12 01:47 PM
187 posts
#108260, "Goodbyes."
In response to Reply #0

Wow, what a ride. I really enjoyed this character. During the first 3/4 of his life the Tribunal was pretty empty. There was a few times when they would have some numbers but it never lasted, we always seemed to be the underdogs. Dijur would retrieve against crazy odds sometimes, or would try at least. He wouldn’t back down from any single fight and very rarely would even avoid groups of people.

I tried to play Dijur as a soldier who was trying to be the embodiment of justice. He tried his best to not judge others by who they were, but by what they did. He judged some drow to be better people then some elves, for example. Alignment meant nothing to him but an excuse for others to fight. When he would investigate preference was never given to one over another. I had a few OOC tells about how I was using AIM or some other method to investigate crimes. That was complete BS. Just because you don’t know the evidence used against you doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. Dijur was always very detail-oriented when it came to his investigations. He was being groomed to become the Justiciar but that changed due to some IC circumstances.

He was fair to all in his judgments and never would pick a fight for no reason unless the target was an Outlander. He was anti-social and became even more so as he aged. To some this may have come across as cold but he was just a seasoned soldier. He would donate money to beggars and help people out, just very discreetly.

If you asked Dijur if some thief or assassin was awake you would likely get a reply along the lines of, “there is no criminal awake by that name”. Some people got really ####ty about that but Dijur didn’t believe that his training was to be used for other peoples gripes or wars, they were to be used to protect the innocent and uphold the law.

There was a player towards the end of Dijur’s career that seemed to go out of his way to harass me. I believe it was the same player through three different characters. They would blatantly go OOC in their tells early on (x tells you, #### you) and later on they would mask them as IC but the OOC feel was still there. You can just tell when it is the player bickering at you and not the character. I used ‘deaf’ for the first time to try and avoid them but they just sent me OOCish notes instead. So, I used ignore for the first time since I’ve been playing. Now they would just come to me and harass me in person. Kind of sad but I actually felt that this character’s only reason to exist was to give me, and others, a hard time.

I considered deleting a few times just to avoid this player but I was close to con-death anyway so I decided to play it out. His times seemed to drop, or he made a new character, and I had some relief with my last twenty hours or so. I felt harassed and that’s pretty sad. I would have loved to chain the player up behind my bike and drag him for a few miles. =)

Anyway, I had a great time with Dijur and I will miss the role very much.

Marc, thanks for the interactions and rewards. Dijur actually tried to follow you at the end, it seemed like he had always lived somewhat by your religion anyway, but when he didn’t get a response I as a player kinda figured I was just too late (and a different sphere). I always wished that I would have made Dijur to be more religious instead of always seeking 'something' out there.

Yantha: I liked her, so did Dijur. Thanks for everything, you are a great Provost. You do need to stop vanishing for such long stretches at a time though. RL and all, I’m sure, but sometimes you need pass on the torch if you are only holding it to hold it. Anyway. Great character and thanks again.

Drident: You turned into the closest thing Dijur really had as a friend. He was anti-social and all about work but you found a way in. Thanks.

Islinic: As a player I liked this guy and wish you the best. Dijur stopped hating him so much after awhile but never really got over it. Dijur is all about protocol, order, honor, and respect. That one event pretty much shot that all out of the water and if Dijur was Provincial at the time, he would have booted you. At the end, Dijur was grateful you were there. Keep on enjoying the character and have fun!

Perr: Thanks for the fun, always enjoyed it when you were around.

Commander: Your doing a good job, imo, from what I see at least. Thanks for the fun RP and cool interactions. Keep on doing what your doing.

Drillmistress: Dijur had a love/hate kinda thing with you. You were always polite but really saw you different after you got a few more warrants. There was one time that I remember being kinda shady villager actions but I guess today’s standards are a bit lower than. I hope that you don’t take that wrong though, Cait is a cool character with lots of flare and I hope you keep having fun with her and adding to the great game we have here.

Yindathos: You were always cool. That meeting we had will always stick out in my mind. A Vindicator and what he saw as his prisoner, sitting in a cave discussing things before carrying out the sentence. That was pretty fun for me. You contribute a cool style and I hope you keep it up.

I am horrible with names and I know there are tons others so if I didn’t mention you now, please feel free to post and I’ll reply with my (and Dijur’s) thoughts on your character.

-----------------
"My view of Borkahd IC"
If you anger him, he'll rape you to death, eat your flesh, and sew your skin into his clothing. And if you're very, very lucky, he'll do it in that order. ~Twist

Salyeris (Anonymous)Fri 20-Apr-12 02:08 PM
Charter member
#108261, "Nicely done"
In response to Reply #1

I really liked Dijur, got to spend lots of time sitting around talking and I thought you did the gruff soldier thing well. Buk certainly added some flare to it a few times, and it is nice having people you can talk to like that as a Battlerager. And thanks for saying that, coming from Bork that means a lot to hear.

I was really beginning to feel bad after I got flagged and you just kept coming at me. (Bloody shackles suck btw) I would just hang around the village and hope you would leave out of boredom, but you were so damned stubborn you didn't give me many other choices. With air shifters about I know if I went out and about you'd find me soon enough. I really was trying to not kill you, I even thought about turning myself in just so we would not have to fight anymore, but Dijur seemed to enjoy the challenge, and I'm never one for turning myself in- better to make the trib folk work for it a bit and give them someone to hunt.

My goal was usually to get you to gushing or writhing and hope you would just flee, unless a mage came in which case you were unfortunate collateral damage. Of course, I'll withdraw from the fights, but at a point a Battlerager has to finish the fight one way or the other, but I can't really lag you so I figured you would know when it was time to get out. And you would flee then come right back and bash me.

Anyway, GL with whatever you bring to CF next!

ArtificialFri 20-Apr-12 02:22 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
#108262, "You asked me why I killed you"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Fri 20-Apr-12 02:23 PM

Chaotic evil chancellor can kill whoever the #### he wants, but Rindros, being polite, always gave *some* reason for it. Generally he didnt like tribbies because they would go out of their way to warrant him.

edit: To clarify...I always feel asking why someone killed you always feels lame to me. If its a neutral or goodie, sure, ask. Not an evil, especially chaotic.

StraklawFri 20-Apr-12 03:03 PM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#108263, "Don't see why you can't."
In response to Reply #3

Just because you're chaotic evil doesn't mean you shouldn't have SOME reasoning behind killing someone. It just means that your reasoning can perfectly well be merely that you felt like it, or just that you could, so you did.

For Dijur: Sorry about some of those deaths to Muzgash. I don't think there was a point in his life where he didn't have two poison/holy/unholy weapons to use against cloud giants, and once I could grapple your pike, it always ended badly for you. Glad to see you're still kicking around!

BorkahdFri 20-Apr-12 03:08 PM
187 posts
#108265, "RE: Don't see why you can't."
In response to Reply #4

Thanks! I always enjoyed interacting with Muz. Anytime I saw those unholy/holy weapons I would cringe. Besides that it actually -seemed- like dagger specs were my bane. Go figure.

-----------------
"My view of Borkahd IC"

BorkahdFri 20-Apr-12 03:06 PM
187 posts
#108264, "RE: You asked me why I killed you"
In response to Reply #3

To be honest, I dont remember the character. The name a little, maybe, but no interactions. I believe that there is a good chance that you are leaving out some of what Dijur said.

To say that "tribbies would go out of their way to warrant him" sounds like you are having paranoid delusions, but I may be wrong.

-----------------
"My view of Borkahd IC"

DallevianFri 20-Apr-12 03:27 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1639 posts
#108266, "Excellent job."
In response to Reply #1

one of the best Magistrates I've interacted with over the course of group mate, fellow magistrate, criminal, and criminally accosted. I don't know if you really set the standard for neutral magistrate but you did in my book.

Forsaken

BorkahdFri 20-Apr-12 05:12 PM
187 posts
#108267, "Thanks! nt"
In response to Reply #7

nt

-----------------
"My view of Borkahd IC"

Vortex MagusFri 20-Apr-12 05:47 PM
Member since 20th Apr 2005
400 posts
#108269, "I liked Dijur and thought he was an excellent character"
In response to Reply #1

That being said, your description of his philosophy ticks me off.

The neutral alignment in CF is soooo screwed up.

ReksahFri 20-Apr-12 09:10 PM
Member since 30th Apr 2011
94 posts
Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108274, "Good char, Bork."
In response to Reply #1

I found myself watching Dijur after a few characters I was watching had interactions with him. You always seemed to stand out with regards to Tribunal integrity.

I (and some other imms) had been cheerleading for you to get Justiciar just when the change came that you wanted Vindicator instead. I'm glad you were recognized and also that you didn't let that d-bag get you down!

BorkahdFri 20-Apr-12 09:44 PM
187 posts
#108275, "RE: Good char, Bork."
In response to Reply #12

Thanks, man. I really do appreciate it. The change wasn't something that was planned at all, as you may have read in his role.

And speaking of that d-bag, he confirmed my suspicion about just being an OOC asshat when he decided to send me a PM over at QHCF. I'm kinda relieved to know that I wasn't misinterpreting the situation and wasn't being paranoid.

-----------------
"My view of Borkahd IC"

MurphyFri 20-Apr-12 10:47 PM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108277, "Wow, you managed to play a neutral Trib well AND enjoy ..."
In response to Reply #1

Tribunal is my favorite cabal. It is also a morally-indifferent cabal, and I always have trouble because I don't play neutrals. But you made me want to try one.

BorkahdFri 20-Apr-12 11:17 PM
187 posts
#108278, "RE: Wow, you managed to play a neutral Trib well AND en..."
In response to Reply #14

Thanks! I had a lot of fun. Usually I play evils, they just come more...naturally for me for whatever reason. =)

-----------------
"My view of Borkahd IC"

Yindathos (Anonymous)Sat 21-Apr-12 05:43 AM
Charter member
#108281, "Nice one"
In response to Reply #1

The gruff thing at first made me think you were an a-hole, but the more I interacted with you, the more I got what you were going for, and the more it worked. I enjoyed our last conversation as well, it made perfect sense to me that you'd agree to have a talk as long as you could have a crack at a criminal at the end of it. Good job again.

Agekeh (Anonymous)Sat 21-Apr-12 08:50 AM
Charter member
#108284, "Glad you had fun! "
In response to Reply #1

Cool Character and stand up Tribunal all around. Don't stay away from the Spire too long..

BorkahdSat 21-Apr-12 09:42 AM
187 posts
#108285, "RE: Glad you had fun! "
In response to Reply #17

Thanks. Dijur was always in Agekah's corner. I liked the character and I wish you the best.

-----------------
"My view of Borkahd IC"

Drident (Anonymous)Mon 23-Apr-12 02:23 PM
Charter member
#108303, "I was really hoping to be around when this happened..."
In response to Reply #1

Stupid long weekends with the wife's family and no internet access!!

Drident always was happy when Dijur woke up, he looked up to him like the REALLY bigger older brother he never had. Always trying to follow in his example on how to act.

Me, the player, love Dijur and as I knew your time was winding down, I was afraid every day that would be the one. Not sure who I will have all my conversations with now! I wish you luck in your next and I really look forward to playing with/against them.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #108259 Previous topic | Next topic