Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Karahees the Master of Water" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #108239
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 18-Apr-12 04:04 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17192 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108239, "(DELETED) [None] Karahees the Master of Water"

Wed Apr 18 14:02:43 2012

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Karahees perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:invoker
Level:44
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:88

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DistaurWed 18-Apr-12 04:53 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2010
3 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108241, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Karahees the Master of Water"
In response to Reply #0

Not a lot to say, voker spells are really easy to do now, I had all of them on a 7 path human, and I spent a lot of time messing about.
Never really got into the character, although I did have a role in my head.
The scion quest ended up looking lke too much boredom while I did it, once I didn't actually know where the item was and an item that fit all the criteria was turned down.
Ironically on a character that has a shedload of what people would call boredom, it was remembering how boring fighting shamans was that pulled the trigger on it. When your pregnant wife asks you to do something, saying you'll do it in about half an hour when 25 ticks of rot go by just isn't going to cut it...
Anyway, I'm bored again for now but I have no doubt that at some point I'll get the bug again, and roll something new.
Enjoy it all.
Jon

Zameida (Anonymous)Thu 19-Apr-12 07:03 AM
Charter member
#108245, "Sad to see you go."
In response to Reply #1

And well, I can't delve deeper into talking about that quest until Zameida has passed away, but in my death-thread I'll gladly discuss it. To bad you found it boring though, really weren't meant to be.

For that time at the village when you nearly killed me and then giant died, I was laughing my ass off for being so stupid to return to the giant with 400hps no protections at all and shields gone, when I knew I'd drag you along. But ofc, I had to give you a hard time about it ICly.

I know the feeling with RL interfering with rot, has screwed me over and made rot kill me a few times when it shouldn't have, but RL has demanded me to ignore rot and just sit idle instead of getting +con gear.

Hope you get back soon, and really, were invoker spells that easy to get up? Perhaps it is time for me to finally try an invoker.

DistaurThu 19-Apr-12 12:22 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2010
3 posts
#108246, "RE: Sad to see you go."
In response to Reply #2

Slightly misunderstood about the quest. The quest in and of itself isn't boring. As an invoker however exploring tends to be a massive amount of gathering preps and then tanking with your face unless you have allies. I had none, and I wasn't sure where the item was so it meant a lot of exploring of decent level areas which meant a hell of a lot of time asleep or repetative prep gathering as a voker. If I'd been something else, or even at a different stage in my life I'd have been all over it.
Invoker spells, yeah, I find them that easy, but I've done a fair few vokers, and the difference in knowing what you are doing is huge.
I'm not talking secret hidden mobs or elite items or allies. If you had strong allies, a meatshield and a couple of key items especially would make life a lot easier, but I didn't have them, so it can't be said that you need them.
The knowledge that I would impart would be this...
Use a tome, I dont think it is any secret that there are tomes in the game now, use them.
Fighting the toughest mobs you can is key, a little bit of area knowledge will suggest to you some places at various levels where there are tough things compared to you that you can fight. Drown for instance I perfected in about 45 minutes having to flee about halfway through my mana burned and rest cause of health whilst tanking a relatively tough mob with my face. Avoid temptation to level up and reduce the mobs you fight to below razor sharp or so.
Anyway, I've digressed enough on my death thread into an invoker training discussion, so I'll stop again.
Jon

Djutima (Anonymous)Sat 21-Apr-12 08:44 AM
Charter member
#108283, "Seven shades of disappointed."
In response to Reply #3

Was a loose ally and looked forward to combining with you in the near future. Really disappointed to see this.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #108239 Previous topic | Next topic