Subject: "(CON LOSS) [None] Samaiya Sundercraft the Darkened Seed" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #108146
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 15-Apr-12 07:48 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17192 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108146, "(CON LOSS) [None] Samaiya Sundercraft the Darkened Seed"

Sun Apr 15 17:47:35 2012

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Samaiya perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:179

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Samaiya Sundercraft the Darkened ..., stlucian1992, 16-Apr-12 12:19 AM, #1
     Reply Odd, I am 100% sure I already posted here, but here we ..., Zameida (Anonymous), 16-Apr-12 01:00 AM, #2
     Reply RE: Odd, I am 100% sure I already posted here, but here..., Samaiya (Anonymous), 18-Apr-12 03:34 PM, #21
     Reply How can an evil paladin be a guiding light for all?, DurNominator, 16-Apr-12 02:35 AM, #3
     Reply RE: How can an evil paladin be a guiding light for all?, stlucian1992, 16-Apr-12 02:58 AM, #4
          Reply The Paladin Code: For the Non-Evil, Onareth, 16-Apr-12 06:16 AM, #6
               Reply RE: The Paladin Code: For the Non-Evil, stlucian1992, 16-Apr-12 06:51 AM, #7
               Reply RE: The Paladin Code: For the Non-Evil, stlucian1992, 16-Apr-12 06:57 AM, #8
               Reply The limits of an evil paladin., DurNominator, 16-Apr-12 08:23 AM, #10
                    Reply RE: The limits of an evil paladin., Rayihn, 16-Apr-12 08:39 AM, #12
                    Reply RE: The limits of an evil paladin., stlucian1992, 16-Apr-12 08:48 AM, #15
                    Reply RE: The limits of an evil paladin., stlucian1992, 16-Apr-12 08:41 AM, #13
                    Reply Yeah, that's why Khaso and others kept giving Lochzan t..., TMNS, 16-Apr-12 12:44 PM, #20
                         Reply did you know we went to school with the player of Lochz..., laxman, 20-Apr-12 10:10 AM, #22
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Samaiya Sundercraft the Darkened ..., xrus, 16-Apr-12 04:05 AM, #5
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Samaiya Sundercraft the Darkened ..., stlucian1992, 16-Apr-12 07:01 AM, #9
     Reply Samy, Samy, Samy...., Rayihn, 16-Apr-12 08:38 AM, #11
          Reply RE: Samy, Samy, Samy...., stlucian1992, 16-Apr-12 08:46 AM, #14
               Reply RE: Samy, Samy, Samy...., Rayihn, 16-Apr-12 08:56 AM, #16
                    Reply RE: Samy, Samy, Samy...., stlucian1992, 16-Apr-12 09:04 AM, #17
                         Reply RE: Samy, Samy, Samy...., Daevryn, 16-Apr-12 09:31 AM, #18
                              Reply RE: Samy, Samy, Samy...., stlucian1992, 16-Apr-12 09:41 AM, #19

stlucian1992Mon 16-Apr-12 12:19 AM
Member since 22nd Dec 2006
170 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108153, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Samaiya Sundercraft the Darkened ..."
In response to Reply #0

Well it was a VERY fun ride, from beginning to end. I told myself when I was making this character that I would con die them, since I've always been fickle with characters and delete way before their time. A series of mixed emotions brought me back to the fortress feeling as if I didn't get to complete what I set out for as Thevara. Between the current fortress leaders I've gone through Kayalza and Vaellron. And I having deleted after setting a good foot in I felt it was necessary to give you a scribe that actually lasted some form of substantial time. With an idea in mind, and a fondness for Rayihn's religion. Samaiaya Sundercraft was born a little girl talented with foresight from a clan south of hamsah. I roleplayed her more by air to make sure each interaction was fresh and entertaining to me and involved. I allowed events and people to shape her path opposed to having it written out from the moment I created her. This kept the game refreshing and me active within. I met some very skilled players, on the front of pk and rp. I'd like to thank you all for the times both good and bad throughout my characters lifetime.

I want to especially thank Rayihn for giving me a chance to follower her and complete this ride full circle. I felt that I owed you after having you encounter Nililah so many years ago *shiver* and than having Vaellron learn your religion before deleting. So I thought I'd create a character that'd lay both of them to rest. You made Samaiya a lot of fun and brought life back into the game for me. We never had a dull encounter and RP sessions always left me either laughing or smiling. I want to thank you so much for your influence in the lands. People don't realize for one just how much you are really about in either three of your alts or just invis. It wasn't until I had to RP with each separate persona and see how well you could separate their archetypes that I really understood what you put into your work. I never got a bad sense from your characters. Each one was insightful and completely different than the next. I felt as if Mergulla would eat me, Baer impale me for turning from the fortress, and Rayihn give me a good hug and some fond words with a glass of scotch. I couldn't have it any other way

To everyone else I interacted with good or bad, I'd love to hear your thoughts. I am still rather fresh but I'd like to consider myself learning with each character. I have made it a long way from Naiya/Nililah days. Thank you all for making this game fun. And I hope you understood where Samaiya was coming from. She was not meant to be a "Bitch" or leave a sour taste in your mouth. She was simply a sassy woman with who never turned from a brewing argument and in such found it to be her greatest flaw.

I choose one of the paladin codes to be her best attribute. (1. Live to be the guiding light for all to follow and look towards. Your beliefs must be as solid as your loyalty is to your god.)
And one to be her biggest flaw (7. Be fair of speech and actions.)
And that is how I got Samaiya Sundercraft Sassy Spelunker

*Post goodbyes and I'll respond to them* Thanks again.

Zameida (Anonymous)Mon 16-Apr-12 01:00 AM
Charter member
#108154, "Odd, I am 100% sure I already posted here, but here we ..."
In response to Reply #1

I had some really classy interactions with you. From our first meetin in Rayihn's shrine, then an interesting conversation over tells where I said that I knew you had dark desires and then onward to the last time I killed you which ended up in a very long session of me bringing you to the dark side. One of the best logins in my CF career.

A shame I never got to keep my promises, I got super busy during my last login and when you loged back on and I were finished, I was just utterly drained from such a long login and felt like I could't keep up the good RP we had going. So, I'm really sad to see you gone already.

I hope you come back with something equally open-ended, I love those types of chars as well.

Samaiya (Anonymous)Wed 18-Apr-12 03:34 PM
Charter member
#108238, "RE: Odd, I am 100% sure I already posted here, but here..."
In response to Reply #2

If it had been anything other than a paladin who relied heavily on supps I would have continued, or at least planned to retain my vitality for this path. However being a dark-paladin would have never worked from what I understood of the mechanics so I was a saddened by that. However I greatly enjoyed our time together thank you so much for the depth of RP you presented to me even at a young age. And the great toss ups too when we fought one another.

DurNominatorMon 16-Apr-12 02:35 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108155, "How can an evil paladin be a guiding light for all?"
In response to Reply #1

Paladin code snippet:

"1. Live to be the guiding light for all to follow and look towards. Your beliefs must be as solid as your loyalty is to your god."

Also, how can evil paladin stay true to the values of the class and still be regarded as a paladin?

Toss in some thoughts regarding the alignment thingy.

stlucian1992Mon 16-Apr-12 02:58 AM
170 posts
#108156, "RE: How can an evil paladin be a guiding light for all?"
In response to Reply #3

I was TURNED evil my last not even four to five hours of character play. My character roleplay for this was simple. Samaiya gave into a desire, which is what made her mortal. She wanted to live forever, live beside her patron as an ultimate gift. Her vitality was maybe 5 or 6 con at this time. I was A scribe/acolyte for the rest of the time. The new title was after I had a complete shift in alignment. And yes for a time I was a guiding light, I would aid those in need let it be physical or mental and shoulder their pains and burdens. I would take on their burdens as if they were mine and slowly but surely Samaiya simply snapped.

The paladin code, is a set of rules that can be twisted and utilized to work in your benefit or another. I believe to be the reason why Outlanders don't like paladins for being over zealous and trying to push these laws onto others. I could easily interpret the code one way and you another. And who is right and wrong is as simple as who sticks by their beliefs and who doesn't For instance there is one rule that says bring no harm to the innocent. Some interpret that as not striking in towns and cities. Some see it as killing the wicked in towns as so they won't go and murder the innocent in their homes.-Highly subjective.

OnarethMon 16-Apr-12 06:16 AM
Member since 16th Apr 2012
9 posts
#108164, "The Paladin Code: For the Non-Evil"
In response to Reply #4

For instance there is one rule that says bring
>no harm to the innocent. Some interpret that as not striking
>in towns and cities. Some see it as killing the wicked in
>towns as so they won't go and murder the innocent in their
>homes.-Highly subjective.

--For an EEEEEEEVIL Paladin, sure, the Code is quite malleable.

The commandment you mention, unfortunately, does not exist as you lay it out.

I believe you are combining perhaps the 9th (isn't that ironic, the same number as the circle of hell you were sent to?), with perhaps your take on the 6th?

1. Live to be the guiding light for all to follow and look towards. Your
beliefs must be as solid as your loyalty is to your god.
2. Do not be greedy; limit your belongings to only the basic necessities.
All extras will be donated to the less fortunate or sacrificed.
3. Think and control your actions before bloodshed. Patience and diligence
will guide your actions.
4. Never abandon your friends, allies or your beliefs. Fight with courage,
and if you must you will die. Never betray your comrades or cower in fear.
5. Fight and exact justice for all worthy causes.
6. Provide hope for all; you shall risk your own life to aid others and
when able heal and tend to the injured.
7. Be fair of speech and actions.
8. Never lie; be true to your word.
9. Respect the laws of the land and those who seek to enforce them.
10. Do not become like those you fight. Respect, Integrity, Valor.
11. Do not associate with the taint of evil, in any way.
12. Respect the guild, and the other Paladins that belong to it.

***FWIW, I truly enjoyed having the Goodly Samaiya around and shall miss her presence immensely.***

stlucian1992Mon 16-Apr-12 06:51 AM
170 posts
#108165, "RE: The Paladin Code: For the Non-Evil"
In response to Reply #6

No I'm not combining nor misinterpreting the paladin laws I've even witnessed times were I would refrain from striking a wicked in town and having you guys come flinging brimstone and wrath around the town. Also I was always quick to turn myself in after a warranting whereas you guys saw it as unnecessary. The interpretation of what makes a GOOD paladin a paladin is strictly up to the character and how they can RP it. You guys fail to realize that I was not evil for more than maybe 5 go 6 hours when I played samaiya for something around 170 something hours? Within the time of being evil I only spent in my Ladies bathhouse and the altar of darkness near the monastery. Handing the orb to the scions and skirmishing with a few of the fortress was the highlight of my EVIL endeavors other than that I lived a goodly life in which I ENFORCED the code.

stlucian1992Mon 16-Apr-12 06:57 AM
170 posts
#108166, "RE: The Paladin Code: For the Non-Evil"
In response to Reply #6

Yes Samaiya thoroughly enjoyed your presence, in my earlier years I kinda glued myself to your hip trying to learn as much as possible from your standpoint. And also seeing the fact that you put time into rich rp experiences/mannerisms/ and eloquent way of speech made it fun to be around you at times. This is why I was happy to give you my last death. As many of the others I encountered did not take my turning for much of an rp experience but rather another body count to throw here and there. I hope Samaiya left you with a good impression, for you surely left me with one.

DurNominatorMon 16-Apr-12 08:23 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108174, "The limits of an evil paladin."
In response to Reply #6

I'd say that the limit of an evil paladin is what the patron god is willing to put up with. An evil paladin is, in a sense, a disgrace to his patron god and it is entirely up to the patron god how much crap is the evil paladin being allowed to get away with before the god comes and removes the empowerment.

RayihnMon 16-Apr-12 08:39 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#108176, "RE: The limits of an evil paladin."
In response to Reply #10

I think here Samaiya was lucky she was a Rayihn paladin, because Rayihn kind of cringed at what happened and then said...well, if you're following your heart...you do what you have to do. I didn't yank empowerment or her tattoo.

stlucian1992Mon 16-Apr-12 08:48 AM
170 posts
#108179, "RE: The limits of an evil paladin."
In response to Reply #12

I was frightened at first that you would but than I also understood your religion somewhat more to either fight for your love behind samaiya or lose everything and still walk a straight line. Because as you said our talents were inward out and with or without your grace I had to prove I was something special . Baer on the other hand would have taken out my wicked heart fed it to her jaguars, impaled me on her spear outside the fortress as a vision of betrayal at its best. I stepped nowehere near Baer after I was turned. For I feared her wrath/scorn.

stlucian1992Mon 16-Apr-12 08:41 AM
170 posts
#108177, "RE: The limits of an evil paladin."
In response to Reply #10

They are not considered a "disgrace" in any light or hindsight unless your patron happens to be of the light, or for the light in which it would matter. However in the heavens by ALL gods you are considered a betrayer which is why your prayers are cut off from you. You are tasked with seeking redemption or at least a balanced path to acquire some if not all of your prayers back. Something I could have worked towards if I still had some life left. Some patrons will accept you and aid you in working on your path. You decision simply has to fit your religion being a betrayer of the light, and a disgrace to your faith/patron are two very DIFFERENT things in themselves. Something that I naively thought to be one in the same when I first was turned evil.And Baer turned me evil not my patron. Anyone has access to do so.

TMNSMon 16-Apr-12 12:43 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#108192, "Yeah, that's why Khaso and others kept giving Lochzan t..."
In response to Reply #10
Edited on Mon 16-Apr-12 12:44 PM

...that wouldn't make him a total punching bag in PK

That character was awesome and somewhat of an inspiration.

Edited to add: I want to make it clear that I was NOT Lochzan I just remember him in CF and thought he was an awesome character.

laxmanFri 20-Apr-12 10:10 AM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#108254, "did you know we went to school with the player of Lochz..."
In response to Reply #20

I didn't find that out till a couple of years after the fact.

xrusMon 16-Apr-12 04:05 AM
Member since 13th May 2011
318 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108159, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Samaiya Sundercraft the Darkened ..."
In response to Reply #1

Funny end.
The first time I understood you have turned to evil, was not good. Having no head, Gorb attacked the nightwalker to retake it, just to find the rhino trampling him, fought the tough rhino for short and at last got lucky to eyejab him, and ran back to the nightwalker with about 10% hp to finish him fast. You just walked in and burned Gorb!
First I thought you've done it by mistake and cursed you before my keyboard, but I got back to find the Elf paladin fighting the nightwalker and you healing him, and DOH!
Gorb fought with Avengers and Defenders in arena and totally ruined them. But both monks I fought to on the fields were too tough to handle for him. Why?

GLWYN

stlucian1992Mon 16-Apr-12 07:01 AM
170 posts
#108167, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Samaiya Sundercraft the Darkened ..."
In response to Reply #5

I thoroughly enjoyed Gorbs presence even from the younger days. You were a villager for a very long time and people don't hold that in account when they see your inner workings. You were held to cabal wars from what the early 20's? And from what I could see I assumed you faired well enough. As for totally ruining Avengers and Defenders. It's hard for a Monk to be trumped or outmeleed by many classes. Best way to get a Monk is make them bleed and expel their mind, hit and run when we intensify, or overpower with numbers. The fact of the matter is anticipation among other things make it very easy for a monk to change tactics of a fight and how they want it to go. But in my case my overconfidence led to more of my deaths than me not being able to handle the situation if I had it thoroughly planned out.

RayihnMon 16-Apr-12 08:38 AM
1147 posts
#108175, "Samy, Samy, Samy...."
In response to Reply #1

Huge thanks for the kind words, it's a really big compliment that you feel that way.

I liked Samaiya, obviously. It was a challenge to have Baer on one side restraining herself from impaling you repeatedly, and then Rayihn who just shook her head fondly and gave you a comforting hug and a very stiff drink. I was sort of baffled by what your plan was (WRITE A ROLE CHAPTER NEXT TIME!) but I figured the best thing to do was just go along for the ride and see what happened. As long as you were having fun, that's all that mattered.

Good luck on your next, I am sure I'll see you again.

stlucian1992Mon 16-Apr-12 08:46 AM
170 posts
#108178, "RE: Samy, Samy, Samy...."
In response to Reply #11

Yes I need to get on writing and including more roles. I get lazy And the way you were able to keep your persona's seperate put me in awe because it exuded rp at it's finest. Pre-turning I could walk to the ruins and gather wisdom and strong words that pertained to my ways as a warrior priest. Than head to the bathhouse for a good soak and talk with rayihn without feeling either of their personas mix. It was also good to see that you were usually in the heavens even when I least expected it. I know the turning evil thing sent EVERYONE for a loop and maybe it wasn't the best idea for this char. But pre that. Back in my Sassy Spelunker days did you have any comments? Anything you spotted that you felt I needed to work on?

RayihnMon 16-Apr-12 08:56 AM
1147 posts
#108180, "RE: Samy, Samy, Samy...."
In response to Reply #14

Well, your play style seems to be suicidal to the extreme, which horrifies me a little bit because when I play morts I'm mostly primarily concerned with not having my ass handed to me. I actually thought you'd be pretty pissed at me when I (as Baer) sic'd a bunch of Fortress on you to teach you to be a little less suicidal with yourself and everyone else after Dorrig swore up and down he'd never so much as group with you again.

Other than that, next time you veer straight off to the left, try and tell me what you're aiming for. Like I said, update that role, tell me what you're going for a little bit. It helps me immensely when trying to keep going in the direction you are. (Were you planning on going Scion? You kept talking about immortality and being by Ray's side - wtf does that mean! etc)

Hope you liked your first title. I wanted something kind of silly and very sassy, just like you were!

stlucian1992Mon 16-Apr-12 09:04 AM
170 posts
#108182, "RE: Samy, Samy, Samy...."
In response to Reply #16

I have to work on that, I seem to always be radical with pk and end up burning through con WAY TO QUICK.
Yes I should have made a role with my intended path the problem was I didn't even know where I wanted to go. You gave me insight on a balance path but the chancellor, Scarab, Mergulla, and Advisor had different ideas. It would have been cool to bring a paladin into the scions pit. However with 5 con left I found it to be near impossible in all honesty. As for what I was doing I was playing a negative connotation on vanity since I found the good that comes from every sphere of our religion rather than the downfall of it if perceived wrong. That is what I was trying to achieve with living forever, on a shallow level of simply looking young.

And thank you, I enjoyed the virtues, tattoo and title very much. It made the character very enjoyable and helped with just what I was capable of accomplishing. Hopefully I'll be back by your side sooner than later. Perhaps as something more wicked

DaevrynMon 16-Apr-12 09:31 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#108183, "RE: Samy, Samy, Samy...."
In response to Reply #17

>It would have been
>cool to bring a paladin into the scions pit.

In practical terms, that's going to be really hard to do because Scion's a small cabal and typically doesn't have a lot of tolerance for weakness -- and it would be extremely hard to make an evil paladin anything but weak.

stlucian1992Mon 16-Apr-12 09:41 AM
170 posts
#108185, "RE: Samy, Samy, Samy...."
In response to Reply #18

Exactly why I realized it wouldn't work, I've seen chars turned successfully in the past, you probably seeing many more than myself. But one that was heavily relying on their powers which pertained to that specific align, not so much. So I realized AFTER the deed was done at most I could seek an uncaballed balanced life.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #108146 Previous topic | Next topic