Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Jastyna Hightalon the Grand Mistress..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #107946
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 04-Apr-12 04:44 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17192 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#107946, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Jastyna Hightalon the Grand Mistress of Artistry"

Wed Apr 4 14:41:43 2012

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 23rd of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Jastyna perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:234

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Jastyna Hightalon the Grand Mist..., Ghafler (Anonymous), 06-Apr-12 10:05 AM, #20
Reply That wasn't as bad as I thought it would be going in, TJHuron, 04-Apr-12 07:39 PM, #2
Reply RE: That wasn't as bad as I thought it would be going i..., Arigan (Anonymous), 04-Apr-12 08:34 PM, #4
Reply Wow, TJHuron, 05-Apr-12 09:09 AM, #11
Reply You had a great kill on me, Dallevian, 04-Apr-12 08:35 PM, #5
Reply Moqor!, TJHuron, 04-Apr-12 09:20 PM, #6
     Reply Same here., Dallevian, 05-Apr-12 08:27 AM, #9
Reply Yes, it was ####ty what I did., Miczariel (Anonymous), 04-Apr-12 11:09 PM, #7
Reply RE: Yes, it was ####ty what I did., TJHuron, 05-Apr-12 09:08 AM, #10
     Reply Oh yea, he died a lot, Miczariel (Anonymous), 05-Apr-12 11:01 AM, #13
Reply Nice job on this Char., Salyeris (Anonymous), 05-Apr-12 07:46 AM, #8
Reply RE: Nice job on this Char., TJHuron, 05-Apr-12 09:23 AM, #12
Reply You were tough! Must've been so close so many times!, Zameida (Anonymous), 05-Apr-12 11:42 AM, #14
Reply I can think of one time off the top of my head, TJHuron, 05-Apr-12 07:08 PM, #18
Reply Part of me feels bad when I kill my old rager buds..., TMNS, 05-Apr-12 02:10 PM, #15
Reply RE: Part of me feels bad when I kill my old rager buds...., TJHuron, 05-Apr-12 07:01 PM, #17
Reply Very well played., Solec of WillowWood (Anonymous), 05-Apr-12 03:19 PM, #16
Reply RE: Very well played., TJHuron, 05-Apr-12 07:15 PM, #19
Reply RE: That wasn't as bad as I thought it would be going i..., Invoroh (Anonymous), 06-Apr-12 05:57 PM, #21
Reply Really enjoyed this character, KrunkTheOrc (Anonymous), 04-Apr-12 06:18 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Really enjoyed this character, TJHuron, 04-Apr-12 07:45 PM, #3

Ghafler (Anonymous)Fri 06-Apr-12 10:05 AM
Charter member
#107976, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Jastyna Hightalon the Grand Mist..."
In response to Reply #0

I really hated Jastyna if for nothing else than the fact i couldnt kill you, but i had tons of respect for her. Really well played character and as tough as they come for me personally. You always hate to see a character who impacts the game in a positive way gone, but not in this case for me anyway. I really wish i could have killed you atleast once before this. GLWYN

TJHuronWed 04-Apr-12 07:39 PM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#107950, "That wasn't as bad as I thought it would be going in"
In response to Reply #0

This was my second roll with a bard. I really couldn't see the point of going arial bard after my first try with Badduah, but, I changed my mind. Basically, I thought I would see what the low end of charisma was like to get a place mark of sorts on song effectiveness. I think it turned out to be a very educational bard experiment.

I would recommend arial bard to anyone who wants to try and learn some of the nuances of the bard class. Because your charisma is so low you really start to learn the situations where certain songs become more effective that you might not as readily see with a higher charisma. At the end I was starting to get pretty good mileage out of songs like grand nocturne and apocalyptic overture where in the beginning I really wasn't. In fact, I've developed some theories about the bard class that I would be curious to see how mechanically correct they are. One thing is for certain, the high dex really helps cover the low charisma at times. I found myself being able to hang in some fights with my defenses long enough to get songs to land where a slower race might have been eaten up by then.

As for the character, I had fun with her. It's tough for me to really do the evil thing sometimes. I had a lot of respectful enemies and its hard for me to play evil (in this case a bitchy female) when your foes are generally pretty cool. For her concept, I kind of got it by seeing a deal for some mob wives show. She was totally loyal to her family (at first her real family, then the Village), but, evil, cruel and bitchy to outsiders.

Goodbyes:

Immortals: I didn't interact with too many of you for any extended period of time. I see there isn't much for comments in the PBF so I have no idea if I caught any of your attention. I'd love to hear some feedback from immland if you have some.

Iunna: Thanks for letting me know via email that you were done with the religion thing for awhile. It at least gave me realistic expectations. I completely understand where you are coming from and am OK with it. As a side note, it would be nice if it were more acceptable to change religions mid-character in situations like this as I think it is pretty much common knowledge and stated by certain imms in the past that without a religion one will have a tough time getting imm attention, interaction, rewards etc.

Battle:

Drothgar: You deleted before me, I was shocked. But, I threw out my goodbyes on your thread.

Xazzax: Excellent drow RP with the quick wit and snarky comments. I was a huge fan. I'm still surprised you didn't get named DM. I thought you were a shoe-in at first. Apparently, there are some circumstances I'm not aware of. Still, I had a great time waging war next to you.

Salyeris: Great work as a Commander. I thought you were a little stand offish at first, but, I really started to enjoy to times we were logged in together and some of our talks. It's amazing how long I've played this game, and how much I thought I knew, and then finding out it isn't nearly as much when you play something your relatively unfamiliar with. Thanks for helping me when I asked questions, you seem to be in your comfort zone with bards.

Caitlyan: Well done getting DM. I truly liked you and that time we took out Cersee and Arigan with no head will definitely be one of my favorite memories from this character. The terrible thing is I don't think I logged it. Good luck going forward.

Invoroh: You are awesome! We just started to really get to know each other when I pulled the plug on Jastyna. Keep it up going forward as you also seem to really know what you're doing.

Ryendi: I really, really wished we were awake more often together. I thought we got along well and liked the times we battled together.

Farag: As with Invoroh, I just started to get to know you. You seem pretty solid. Mino's are tough with the speech and all, but, keep it up.

Djetmai: Sorry we never took that octagonal tower trip! I really wanted to do that. You were fun to have around. Best of luck.

Nexus:

Cersee: You were a great enemy to have. Always very tough and willing to come throw down. Congrats getting Meter.

Arigan: Man you made fights really tough! Having you behind other nexuns sure made it a challenge and I do love those challenges. Any fight where I think I have a chance I'm willing to take. Nice work.

Ghafler: I wish we bantered a bit more. You were a top notch enemy and I have alot of respect for you as an enemy.

Kii: I liked Kii. You were a son-of-a-bitch to have opposite you. It definitely got me killed a few times not knowing you were in the shadows. Killing you at least once made me able to delete with some semblance of peace. I know we had a few looting issues but I understood. I was thankful you showed me some respect and I tried to do the same to you.

Scions:

Narissorin: Spectacular RP. Our banter was awesome and you're a tough MFer!! You do well as Chancellor. From everything I've seen you really are a pretty top shelf character. I hope you get all the deserving things that go with that.

Zameida: Man, you were alot tougher than I at first expected. Well done!

Miczfariel: Dude, you full looted Gorp, who wasn't your kill, after dying twice to me and once to Xazzax and we didn't take a thing??? That's pretty ####ty.

If I missed you. I'm sorry, post and I'll reply, as usual.

Arigan (Anonymous)Wed 04-Apr-12 08:34 PM
Charter member
#107953, "RE: That wasn't as bad as I thought it would be going i..."
In response to Reply #2

Well heck... I didn't expect you to delete. The village has gotten weaker, I can promise you this. No offense to Salyeris, but you were the most deadly bard the village had. You were the one that we all complained about and this is a huge blow.

As an enemy, you were so strong it was really hard to really want to go against you, but it was fun to do so too. You always gave it the best shot and I don't really know many times I was around anyone when we actually killed you. So as an ending, I guess... good luck with your next, as an enemy, good riddance, as a player, great character and huge blow to the village.

TJHuronThu 05-Apr-12 09:09 AM
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#107964, "Wow"
In response to Reply #4

That's a monster compliment. Thanks alot!

DallevianWed 04-Apr-12 08:35 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1639 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#107954, "You had a great kill on me"
In response to Reply #2

when one of my thieves stole your key in Ceawlin and I knew I had you stuck...you kept your wits, got me hurt a bit, and busted out two nasty piercing songs to win. Was very impressed. Nice job throughout.

TJHuronWed 04-Apr-12 09:20 PM
1132 posts
#107956, "Moqor!"
In response to Reply #5

I remember that fight. What a great one. A few Moments before you locked me in I considered going to kill the gate guard again but I decided to rest until fully healed first. And that's when you struck. I was pretty amazed I survived that fight. It was fun as hell. I think my adrenaline kept me awake for a few extra hours that night! I enjoyed the interactions we had after, although I wasn't certain if I could trust you from there on out, which explained why I may have seemed a bit standoffish.

DallevianThu 05-Apr-12 08:27 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1639 posts
#107962, "Same here."
In response to Reply #6

You had Moqor's respect there on out (and of course mine). Liked watching you from afar.

Miczariel (Anonymous)Wed 04-Apr-12 11:09 PM
Charter member
#107957, "Yes, it was ####ty what I did."
In response to Reply #2

I didn't like losing bloodstone, fire opal, and my quest sash waist armor that doesn't really have an equivalent as far as anything non-quest armor.

Also, in raid situations, what does this phrase mean?

"who wasn't your kill, after dying twice to me and once to Xazzax"

Pretty sure Gorp was the focus of my temporary annoyance. Mission accomplished?

TJHuronThu 05-Apr-12 09:08 AM
1132 posts
#107963, "RE: Yes, it was ####ty what I did."
In response to Reply #7

I think I know what you are getting at in regards to a raid. I guess I was still wearing my rager hat with the your kill, your things mentality. What I meant was (and I could be totally wrong) was it appeared to me like you fell first away from the main battle, then he died to the other scions and when you showed up at the chasm you saw his corpse and just grabbed all you could. Even though I nor Xazzax took anything when we downed you previously (unless Xazzax did, you can't tell with those sneaky drow, but, it didn't look like it to me).

But, hey, that's cool you can admit it was a ####ty move coming out of frustration. We all get like that losing nice gear. I'm just saying look at it from his POV. As I understand it, he died a bunch of times during that log in to have it topped off with a full loot. Ouch. I'm surprised we aren't talking about this on his deletion thread ;>

Then again there could be more context to the situation I am missing (such as him looting you or something), but, I got the feeling had I died there too, I would also have been full looted.

Miczariel (Anonymous)Thu 05-Apr-12 11:01 AM
Charter member
#107967, "Oh yea, he died a lot"
In response to Reply #10

He could have logged off whenever he wanted, kept dying, I got dumb and died near him, so of course I get looted even though we never touched his corpse once. Mantle of fire, bloodstone, fire opal, quest armor, and then when he ran out of moves from bloodthirsting in the chasm it was gank city.

We made sure to touch his corpse when that happened.

Salyeris (Anonymous)Thu 05-Apr-12 07:46 AM
Charter member
#107960, "Nice job on this Char."
In response to Reply #2

I liked Jastyna and having you around always made things almost too easy. One Village bard can help out generally and raise the power of the village, two village bards together makes the village almost obscene. Double fiending is just wrong to do to people, though I think the only one that ever got hit by that was Zameida.

Sorry about seeming stand offish, at the beginning of being commander it was almost out of necessity, but hopefully I came across as more approachable as time went on. Most of the more skilled ragers I tend to leave to their own, and I thought Jastyna surely fell into that category so unless you asked me something I was pretty content to just let you do your own thing.

Have fun with whatever you come out with next.

TJHuronThu 05-Apr-12 09:23 AM
1132 posts
#107965, "RE: Nice job on this Char."
In response to Reply #8

I forgot about the double fiend! It can be pretty devastating Since raid situations are the only times we could get away with it, I was kind of itching to do it again, but against a big ass group of people! I could just imagine three or four nexuns running around like maniacs trying to fend off two fiends.

I'm not trying to split hairs or anything, but, I actually was referring to more of the time period when I first joined the Village, before you were made Commander. You were always super cool and approachable after being made Commander, which to me is a sign your doing your job well.

Zameida (Anonymous)Thu 05-Apr-12 11:42 AM
Charter member
#107968, "You were tough! Must've been so close so many times!"
In response to Reply #2

Only on the oceans though. As the Rhino I doubt I got anywhere close on you. I don't think I ever got you, not even in the big group vs group fights.

Anyways, fun fights, good enemy. Hope you come back with something cool again soon!

TJHuronThu 05-Apr-12 07:08 PM
1132 posts
#107973, "I can think of one time off the top of my head"
In response to Reply #14

But, I'm not sure if it was you or Narissorin that got the kill, as I was blind at the time. I don't have the log either, but, you and I were fighting on the ocean when Narissorin logged in and happened fly over us. What bad timing for me!

It was a pretty good fight we had going too. I think we were pretty evenly matched at that point, but, we'll never know! You two make a nasty combo of shifters. Your combined damage output is pretty insane and too much for anyone to keep up with.

Thanks again for all the great fights.

TMNSThu 05-Apr-12 02:10 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#107970, "Part of me feels bad when I kill my old rager buds..."
In response to Reply #2

...but then another part of me thinks, frags don't smell

You were always classy in defeat, which isn't easy as an evil villager during Fort o'clock.

Still miss me some Doban or Bartis though

Join my pathetic RP perma that will fail spectacularly?

TJHuronThu 05-Apr-12 07:01 PM
1132 posts
#107972, "RE: Part of me feels bad when I kill my old rager buds...."
In response to Reply #15

Hey, I've always loved your characters. But, it's way better when we're on the same side!

The Herald Perma? Haha, maybe! Though, I don't know how long I could handle a straight RP no PK character ;>

For now I'll be taking a bit of a break as time as scarce, but as I think on it, an RP character might be a good one to have to play on available down time. I wouldn't have to spend so much time skill spamming and stuff. I really hate spamming skills, and the time you have to invest into a character trying to be competitive. Once I get rolling on one I find myself doing it. Although, I usually reach a breaking point and say screw it, I'm playing this game instead of skill practicing. It's one of the reasons I'll never play an invoker. I've got too short of an attention span and I think I'm slightly addicted to the PK adrenaline rush. You can always hit me up on PM to hash around some ideas.

Solec of WillowWood (Anonymous)Thu 05-Apr-12 03:19 PM
Charter member
#107971, "Very well played."
In response to Reply #2

I never thought that Bard's would have such great defense. But man, you either parried/dodged/evaded everything I could throw at you. You were a an amazing fight, and a nightmare of an enemy.

TJHuronThu 05-Apr-12 07:15 PM
1132 posts
#107974, "RE: Very well played."
In response to Reply #16

Thanks again for the words. You were always a terror from my side. If things didn't go right from the get go I was a gonner.

For most of the last part of Jastyna's life I had a nice, dwarven forged blade of one form or another that was no remove. Anytime you were logged in, I wouldn't let myself wear it, just in case you flew up to me and went porcupine on me. I would go for hours at a time wearing a secondary weapon just in case of that, which kind of sucks at times when you're used to a nodisarm weapon. Looking back though, I'm not sure if I should have worried about the porc as much as I did since bards only get second attack and I was likely to hit you only once or twice a round. I could probably out damage you with critical strike at that point, but, I just preferred not to find out.

Solec was an awesome enemy and made playing Jastyna of whole lot of fun. Thanks!

Invoroh (Anonymous)Fri 06-Apr-12 05:57 PM
Charter member
#107985, "RE: That wasn't as bad as I thought it would be going i..."
In response to Reply #2

It would have been nice for you to stay around. Going after people with a bard, as a villager, makes fighting so much less stressful. I am glad that you liked playing as you did and I'll admit you were pretty powerful. Thanks for the comments too. All in all, liked you ic and ooc after watching you for some time; like you said.. we had just got to know each other, so to speak. Come on back and visit.

KrunkTheOrc (Anonymous)Wed 04-Apr-12 06:18 PM
Charter member
#107947, "Really enjoyed this character"
In response to Reply #0

And I thought we had a pretty good enemy dynamic and banter. Had some good fights back and forth early, though later they turned a bit more one sided. You were still tough to land a kill on though.

Solid villager from what Krunk could see. Good luck with your next.

TJHuronWed 04-Apr-12 07:45 PM
1132 posts
#107951, "RE: Really enjoyed this character"
In response to Reply #1

Yeah, Krunk, you're a beast and absolutely, hands down one of my favorite enemies I've had in CF in a long time. I hated dying to you, but, only in the sense of competition. It really was a goal of mine to get you at least once, but, you're just to tough of a match up for my character.

If you caught me at the wrong time, I usually died. This happened a few times, where resist fell etc. One of the last deaths to you I couldn't believe that your giant cranialed me the round after I evaded your bash. Unbelievable! Haha, if I could land echoes on you I knew I had a shot and would most likely survive. If I couldn't, then I was sure to die. I actually tried to make it a point to avoid fighting you on eastern because I knew you were such a high risk fight.

I thought I had you dead to rights that time you fled into Ryendi's snare, gushing blood, and I landed a powerful nightmare on you. I've never played an orc, but, whatever it is that allows you to handle those nightmares is something. You did an awesome job RPing your reasons with the "when orc whole world is scary" bit.

Keep it up! And good luck getting Chief.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #107946 Previous topic | Next topic