Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Selzar Skinner the Dweller of the Wild..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #107821
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 29-Mar-12 09:10 AM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17192 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#107821, "(DELETED) [None] Selzar Skinner the Dweller of the Wilds"

Wed Mar 28 21:45:52 2012

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 23rd of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Selzar perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:ranger
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:179

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply My impressions, Outlander guy (Anonymous), 30-Mar-12 10:28 AM, #6
Reply You weren't boring!, Yindathos (Anonymous), 30-Mar-12 06:09 AM, #5
Reply Anyone wants to share the story on how he got uninducte..., sezdral, 29-Mar-12 09:05 AM, #3
Reply RE: Anyone wants to share the story on how he got unind..., Garm (Anonymous), 29-Mar-12 12:22 PM, #4
Reply How about him hunting Outlander apps for ####s and grin..., Alston, 03-Apr-12 05:00 PM, #8
     Reply Happens all the time., Vortex Magus, 04-Apr-12 05:04 AM, #9
          Reply I don't think 9 out of 10 Outlanders have read the bark..., Alston, 04-Apr-12 04:43 PM, #10
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Selzar Skinner the Dweller of the ..., Borkahd, 29-Mar-12 08:27 AM, #2
Reply Funnyone? Was this you?, Golmuf (Anonymous), 29-Mar-12 12:55 AM, #1
     Reply No, this was Rogue., Alston, 03-Apr-12 04:58 PM, #7

Outlander guy (Anonymous)Fri 30-Mar-12 10:28 AM
Charter member
#107856, "My impressions"
In response to Reply #0

I liked your super aggressive approach, it was nice to have someone to kill tally against for a while there. The first few glimpses of your rp, and the cabal notes you sent, set the scene for some kick ass 'Skinner' rp. I loved the concept of the skinner and the way you wove it into your role, and into your rp. It had a sinister native american indian edge to it, and I liked this. I was totally disappointed that you went the route you did, but from an IC perspective I could totally see how that was the only option open to you. I hoped that you would seek to play out this char, with a focus on making things happen within the tree the way you wanted. I can understand your frustration but I feel that certain ooc bleed through may have led to your frustrations. You had great pk presence, great online presence and that creepy skinner rp - I'd take that combo for getting leadered 9/10.

However just interacting with people you fought (without actively seeking it out) there was this venom, and in particular people basically saying you were rogue and deleting because of it. I dunno if you were rogue or pro, or someone else, but it totally shattered the rp side for me. Then when i talked to you at length about it, trying to feel out where you were going with it etc, the first question you asked was almost an accusation of ooc cheating, and I was like woah... and the conversation didnt get much better really, though I miss the presence of the skinner. I cant log much at the moment and when I saw the few nasty looking deaths in a row on the twitter I was worried that you might not play through, a shame as I like really well rounded characters.

GLWYN

Yindathos (Anonymous)Fri 30-Mar-12 06:09 AM
Charter member
#107850, "You weren't boring!"
In response to Reply #0

You made things very interesting, and made me think very carefully about what my role was as Harbinger. I probably tread a little too softly at first, but that eventually changed. It made it fun, for a bit, though I think you went off the rails a wee bit. But again, interesting, to say the least.

sezdralThu 29-Mar-12 09:10 AM
Member since 02nd Oct 2010
88 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#107829, "Anyone wants to share the story on how he got uninducte..."
In response to Reply #0

I mean I was playing outtie and I totally hated him because he seemed to rub me in an ooc way(even though it was justifiable rp), but there wasn't really a compelling reason for any leader to boot him from what I saw.

Garm (Anonymous)Thu 29-Mar-12 12:21 PM
Charter member
#107833, "RE: Anyone wants to share the story on how he got unind..."
In response to Reply #3
Edited on Thu 29-Mar-12 12:22 PM

I think Selzar was too much of the confrontational/chest-beating
type without sufficient time in the cabal or hunting trophies to
justify all that. I may be wrong regarding the hunting part since
I never hunted with him, but I did see him make some braindead
tactic choices that do not inspire confidence =)

In any case, I liked his eeeevil RP and he actually made me LOL
a couple of times, but I also think that the way he chose to manifest
his RP has no place in Outlander.

Being evil is one thing, but constantly berating and threatening allies who are far more
powerful than you and have done much more for the Cabal is another, especially
when CF if _FULL_ of Outlander enemies.

If I was playing Riethen, I'd hunt Selzar down like a dog for what I saw and heard.

In the end, I think one has to be careful with how he chooses to interact with others.
Being evil can quickly turn into others thinking you're a ####ing prick, and that's enough
to spoil whatever positive exists there in the first place.

AlstonTue 03-Apr-12 05:00 PM
Member since 07th Sep 2011
858 posts
#107932, "How about him hunting Outlander apps for ####s and grin..."
In response to Reply #3

And all round general douchieness.

Rogue needs to be banned.

Vortex MagusWed 04-Apr-12 05:04 AM
Member since 20th Apr 2005
400 posts
#107938, "Happens all the time."
In response to Reply #8

Garm did the same to my evil outlander ranger. In fact, it was probably worse from Garm, since I was a full outlander and he was an app, and he jumped me several times and killed me with no RP or anything~

Of course, I didn't actually find out that he was an app until months later. Anyways, this isn't unusual behavior at all for current nightreavers, so...

AlstonWed 04-Apr-12 04:43 PM
858 posts
#107945, "I don't think 9 out of 10 Outlanders have read the bark..."
In response to Reply #9

adbvgad

BorkahdThu 29-Mar-12 08:27 AM
Member since 17th Mar 2009
187 posts
#107828, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Selzar Skinner the Dweller of the ..."
In response to Reply #0

I'm pretty sure you had another character that was the same, just with a different class. Kind of like wrapping a turd in a taco bread and pretending it wasn't a turd. If this is true, I think the player was likely just RPing himself because a lot of the stuff said screamed OOC. The illogical crap that would spew from this character's mouth was insane and just seemed like the player got frustrated. At first I thought it was some sort of RP angel but the more you talked the less I believed that. I wont mention who until their auto/delete goes through.

That said I -think- you have potential to really enjoy this game a hell of a lot more. Maybe read a little about RP, the other site has some nice documents about it and I believe there is one on these forums. Once you get out of the habbit of just playing yourself and actually taking on a role (acting) I think you can really shine.

Don't give up and please don't take this as being harsh. It is just critism from another player hoping that by pointing this out you can change it and derive actual pleasure from this amazing game.

I really do wish you the best.

-----------------
"My view of Borkahd IC"
If you anger him, he'll rape you to death, eat your flesh, and sew your skin into his clothing. And if you're very, very lucky, he'll do it in that order. ~Twist

Golmuf (Anonymous)Thu 29-Mar-12 12:55 AM
Charter member
#107824, "Funnyone? Was this you?"
In response to Reply #0

I really hope there isn't another player out there who would loot someone out of range as a lowbie, then spam them with tells from the security of camo (And out of pk range) knowing they can't ignore the camo'd person.

Then every login I ever had you were on you spammed me with tells/notes again knowing I can't ignore your tells since you are camo'd and I can't very well ignore a note.

I seriously hope you get herpes right in your ####hole

AlstonTue 03-Apr-12 04:58 PM
858 posts
#107931, "No, this was Rogue."
In response to Reply #1

Pegged him on the first sentence he spoke to me. It more or less amounted to him flipping out on my applicant when I greeted him with a simple "Hail".

And I do mean flip the #### out.

That and the "Camo;taunt;noreply" told me it was Rogue.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #107821 Previous topic | Next topic