Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Cirkie Greenfeathers the Hand of ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #107819
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 28-Mar-12 07:56 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17192 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#107819, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Cirkie Greenfeathers the Hand of the Unseen"

Wed Mar 28 17:53:50 2012

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 4th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Cirkie perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:194

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Next time gadget, next time., Cirkie (Anonymous), 29-Mar-12 12:29 PM, #1
     Reply Next time, don't let your desire for shinies dictate yo..., Vortex Magus, 29-Mar-12 01:14 PM, #2
     Reply You're still spouting lies?, Cirkie (Anonymous), 29-Mar-12 01:26 PM, #3
     Reply You didn't violate any rules there., Vortex Magus, 29-Mar-12 11:58 PM, #7
          Reply You're talking about yourself., Cirkie (Anonymous), 30-Mar-12 01:14 AM, #8
               Reply Goodie looting goodie, even if it's outlander/tribbie i..., Amberion, 30-Mar-12 01:57 AM, #9
               Reply Wasn't my crap being taken., Vortex Magus, 30-Mar-12 06:06 AM, #10
                    Reply But you still threw a fit., Cirkie (Anonymous), 30-Mar-12 08:50 AM, #11
                         Reply Few things, Gleebrok (Anonymous), 30-Mar-12 09:10 AM, #12
                         Reply No hard feelings., Cirkie (Anonymous), 30-Mar-12 10:46 AM, #16
                         Reply Well..., Twist, 30-Mar-12 09:47 AM, #13
                              Reply Maybe, maybe., Cirkie (Anonymous), 30-Mar-12 10:17 AM, #14
                                   Reply Well think of it this way, Rayihn, 30-Mar-12 10:36 AM, #15
                                        Reply I know already., Cirkie (Anonymous), 30-Mar-12 10:55 AM, #17
                                        Reply I'm actually not talking about the looting., Twist, 30-Mar-12 04:29 PM, #18
                                             Reply I'll never understand, Cirkie (Anonymous), 30-Mar-12 10:18 PM, #20
                                                  Reply RE: I'll never understand, Daevryn, 31-Mar-12 07:33 AM, #23
                                        Reply Level 6 guy isn't in the PK system yet., DurNominator, 30-Mar-12 11:38 PM, #21
                                             Reply We're talking about a level 6 goodie fulling the pit of..., Vortex Magus, 30-Mar-12 11:41 PM, #22
     Reply Don't worry, he dropped the get all corpse on more than..., Artificial, 29-Mar-12 01:26 PM, #4
          Reply So it was your periapts I took?, Cirkie (Anonymous), 29-Mar-12 01:28 PM, #5
               Reply I can tell when its a get all corpse, Artificial, 29-Mar-12 01:32 PM, #6
     Reply you were awesome, zosi (Anonymous), 30-Mar-12 06:53 PM, #19
     Reply Thanks, you were awesome as well., Cirkie (Anonymous), 01-Apr-12 12:07 PM, #25
     Reply Well I liked the character..but..., Tesline, 31-Mar-12 11:24 AM, #24
          Reply I totally understand., Cirkie (Anonymous), 01-Apr-12 12:18 PM, #26

Cirkie (Anonymous)Thu 29-Mar-12 12:29 PM
Charter member
#107834, "Next time gadget, next time."
In response to Reply #0

I had higher hopes for this character, but I simply ran out of time to play. This was my first thief since they changed them years ago to the separate guilds, which is why I went thug. I figured it would be the easiest to get a feel for, and since I wasn't going to need to buy preps I figured why not go Outlander. I had a role idea and went with it. It was fun but with no time to play there was no point in hogging an outlander slot. Next time I plan something like this I'll make damn sure I have the time to play before I get caballed.

Gleebrok, from a player point of view I was sorry for looting 1/3 of your gear from the pit, but from Cirkie's point of view I was frustrated I couldn't have grabbed more . Then when you said I'll never be an outlander I actually was unsure if they changed it so thieves couldn't be outlanders, and I've played this game off and on for quite some time. That to me was completely bogus. You said you didn't mean it like that, but even if you didn't I still thought it was pretty uncool to do something like that. I waited to advance any further with the character until I got confirmation from the immstaff that thieves can be outlanders. I know it's frustrating to lose gear, especially to someone that's not even in a pk range yes, but don't handle it by fueling your anger and telling lies about how the game works. I'm not a great player, but I'm no tool either.

I really wish I had more time to play. I have roles that didn't put in because I figured I would end up deleting. To all the people I played with, it was fun. I just wish I could have been more help than just tripping/weapontripping and cheap shot. Though it seems that's the life of some thieves. The next thief I make is not going thug, it's boring. Also, I think earclap could be bumped up an hour on it's duration without being overpowered.

Vortex MagusThu 29-Mar-12 01:14 PM
Member since 20th Apr 2005
400 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#107835, "Next time, don't let your desire for shinies dictate yo..."
In response to Reply #1

Seriously, such a bitch move, especially as one goodie to another. No class, no skill, thinnest RP justification ever.

Cirkie (Anonymous)Thu 29-Mar-12 01:26 PM
Charter member
#107838, "You're still spouting lies?"
In response to Reply #2

Just because you had to do with his death and you felt bad doesn't mean you get to spout lies. You do know good outlanders still kill good tribunals, right? Stop crying. An outlanderwannabe looted a trib. It's as simple as that, yet you can read into it more than the citizens of south park read into Scrotie McBuggerballs. BUT HE WAS GOOD AND YOU WERE GOOD SO YOU ARE THE SUCK. Shut up.

Vortex MagusThu 29-Mar-12 11:58 PM
400 posts
#107845, "You didn't violate any rules there."
In response to Reply #3

You just played the douchebag card, ala rogue or funnyone.

Shiny addiction always brings out the worst of the playerbase.

Cirkie (Anonymous)Fri 30-Mar-12 01:14 AM
Charter member
#107846, "You're talking about yourself."
In response to Reply #7

I took what I did and I made it clear I was keeping it. You guys wouldn't stop coming after me and badgering me to return it. I think it is you that have the addiction my friend. I was taking advantage of an opportunity that presented itself to me. You're being a hypocrite. Why does everybody complain so much about being looted anymore? You go as far to say things like thin rp and no skill out of stupid rage just because your friend got looted. Are you listening to yourself? Why would and outlander not loot a trib? These are rhetorical questions btw.

AmberionFri 30-Mar-12 01:57 AM
Member since 06th Jun 2007
945 posts
#107847, "Goodie looting goodie, even if it's outlander/tribbie i..."
In response to Reply #8

N/T

Always shoot first and then call whatever you hit the target.

Vortex MagusFri 30-Mar-12 06:05 AM
400 posts
#107849, "Wasn't my crap being taken."
In response to Reply #8
Edited on Fri 30-Mar-12 06:06 AM

Wasn't me throwing an OOC hissy fit when two goodies asked you (politely and in multiple different ways) to return the stuff. After you returned some thinly veiled OOC #### about whining and tears, I rolled my eyes and washed my hands of the matter.

You're still a douchebag, though, congratulations, I thought less of Cirkie every time I saw him online specifically because of that incident, completely ruined the character for me.

Even more annoying, the douchebaggery can't even be returned, because neither Kelstrane nor my current character would ever break role enough to full loot another goodie.

It's always a great feeling when you screw over someone else and they can't screw you back, huh? Good job on that setup, there was just no way either of us could ever punish you for it.

Cirkie (Anonymous)Fri 30-Mar-12 08:50 AM
Charter member
#107851, "But you still threw a fit."
In response to Reply #10

"Wasn't me throwing an OOC hissy fit"

Umm, yeah you did. You TOLD me how I'm supposed to play MY character. I was also told I couldn't be an outlander because I was a thief. That's an OOC hissy fit if I've ever seen one.

Yeah it was a #### move because I was in the single digit levels and nobody could pk me to get it back. That's your point of view though. Cirkie's POV he was making a very powerful trib a little less powerful and I got some nice gear out of it, which was shared with other Outlanders.

The simple fact that I was good and he was good allows you and a few others go ooc and TELL me how I'm suppose to play my character? It makes it okay saying things like "Ohh now that you looted a trib and your wanted, NOW you want to be an outlander? I'm so sure you had that planned." It gives you that right huh? THAT'S being a douchebag. You don't ####ing tell someone how to play their character. Cirkie attacked all Tribunals if he had the upper hand, no matter what the alignments. If they were good it just meant I didn't use protection prep, and that's all. Hell, I even attacked paladins if they were wounded and I could maybe pick them off. Never did kill one though. They didn't have to be tribs either.

I don't know what game you guys are playing, but this is Carrion Fields, where outlanders kill tribunals. It's as simple as that.

Gleebrok (Anonymous)Fri 30-Mar-12 09:10 AM
Charter member
#107852, "Few things"
In response to Reply #11

I said you would never be a thief in outlander (was just back playing the game, my understanding was that thief outlander was about as rare as elven necromancer (for pulling that off you get props)). Its not the norm however like say, ranger outlander or druid or what ever. You also lose class specific skills (or my understanding is this). My problems with the RP of the situation I played like you did looting and kiling goodies because they were outlanders or criminals. (I got holy smack down? once, twice, three times I think). Through the enlightenment of this holy smack down I realised that maybe rotting people until they are con death goodie or not just isnt good align behaviour. As inforced by immortals on my ass. MY RP was therefore changed to make sure other Goodies did not feel immortal smack down for killing and looting goodies. Kelstrane as I recall it was a herald explorer type (?) who was just bundles of fun and generosity to everyone so from HIS RP perspective you as a lightwalking fellow ambling through the steets of town, and taking charity from civilisation (lootin the pit )) are totally unoutlandery and when you know its counter align as well the two together + your role = didnt meld well with Good align. I'd have 0 problem with a neutral/or evil doing any of this.

What you havent grasped is there were ic consequences for your ic actions. I was mostly annoyed in that situation because I wasnt Provost/Justiciar/Vindcator or I'd totally have killed you (RP wise thats not really groovy, cause like I want to save you and stuff).

Then you said something about lieing about turning your self or getting warrant removed, each tribunal handles that their own way, my opinion is, let the guilty hang.

Cirkie (Anonymous)Fri 30-Mar-12 10:46 AM
Charter member
#107859, "No hard feelings."
In response to Reply #12

I said you would never be a thief in outlander (was just back playing the game, my understanding was that thief outlander was about as rare as elven necromancer (for pulling that off you get props)). Its not the norm however like say, ranger outlander or druid or what ever. You also lose class specific skills (or my understanding is this). My problems with the RP of the situation I played like you did looting and kiling goodies because they were outlanders or criminals. (I got holy smack down? once, twice, three times I think). Through the enlightenment of this holy smack down I realised that maybe rotting people until they are con death goodie or not just isnt good align behaviour. As inforced by immortals on my ass. MY RP was therefore changed to make sure other Goodies did not feel immortal smack down for killing and looting goodies. Kelstrane as I recall it was a herald explorer type (?) who was just bundles of fun and generosity to everyone so from HIS RP perspective you as a lightwalking fellow ambling through the steets of town, and taking charity from civilisation (lootin the pit )) are totally unoutlandery and when you know its counter align as well the two together + your role = didnt meld well with Good align. I'd have 0 problem with a neutral/or evil doing any of this.

--I understand where you're coming from. Understand though that Cirkie saw the spire as a plague that needed to be exterminated. When I saw you sitting at the pit as a ghost I saw it as the perfect opportunity to both take a stab at the spire and get a warrent, which I thought would look cool on a level five character. Honestly I wanted the warrant more than anything. The gear was icing on the cake. Remember I didn't take all your stuff either, not even half. It was a good chunk though . I wouldn't say it was unoutlandery. I had recently finished with the academy and I saw you in town on my way out, I wanted to see what your description and see what gear you had. I saw you as a ghost and took the opportunity that was given to me.

What you havent grasped is there were ic consequences for your ic actions. I was mostly annoyed in that situation because I wasnt Provost/Justiciar/Vindcator or I'd totally have killed you (RP wise thats not really groovy, cause like I want to save you and stuff).

--I do understand the consequences. In fact I would say I did try to attract that sort of attention though Cirkie's life. One time I was fighting someone, can't remember who, and some paladin came and started healing me. I fled immediately and asked him to stop. I returned to hit whoever I was fighting before and the paladin came back AGAIN to heal me. I fled and came back to strike him that time. I saw nothing wrong with a goodie hurting other goodies if they aided the spire/civilization. I especially saw nothing wrong with it when they won't leave me alone after I asked them to. I understand they wanted to heal simply because I was good, but I didn't like that sort of rp. "He is good + I am paladin = I must heal him." There's more variables to the equation in my eyes.

Then you said something about lieing about turning your self or getting warrant removed, each tribunal handles that their own way, my opinion is, let the guilty hang.

--This wasn't on you, it was on other tribunals. One time I was told I would be unwarranted if I returned your stuff. Then from another I was told if I turned myself in the only things I would lose would have been your stuff, I would have all my things returned including my weapons and any decent preps I had. This wasn't on you, it was on the younglings. What they didn't realize was I wanted the warrant more than anything. I was just getting annoyed to hear a new offer every time I logged on.

--I wasn't trying to "grief" you or anything like that, if that's what you were thinking. I was an outlanderwannabe trying to stick it to the man, that's all.

TwistFri 30-Mar-12 09:47 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#107854, "Well..."
In response to Reply #11

I don't know the circumstances of the looting (and don't care), but I'm now wishing I'd watched Cirkie a bit more.

From your own description - "Cirkie attacked all Tribunals if he had the upper hand, no matter what the alignments. If they were good it just meant I didn't use protection prep, and that's all."

I'd have probably set you to neutral.

Because don't get me wrong, that's perfectly great Outlander RP, but it's not Good aligned RP (not remotely).

Cirkie (Anonymous)Fri 30-Mar-12 10:17 AM
Charter member
#107855, "Maybe, maybe."
In response to Reply #13

If you had got to know Cirkie I think you would understand more. The other wardens certainly understood where I was coming from. I really wish you had watched me more. That would have been awesome to discuss this IC, that's a stellar RP opportunity.

RayihnFri 30-Mar-12 10:35 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#107857, "Well think of it this way"
In response to Reply #14
Edited on Fri 30-Mar-12 10:36 AM

If you died and a level 6 guy ran up and full looted your corpse and said "What, I have a good reason based on my role in this life. Deal with it." What would be your response be? No one is going to be happy seeing that happen to them.

* edited to add - What you did would have been neutral behavior from my point of view too. I will say I tend to lean to the far extremes when it comes to goodie on goodie violence, though, and not everyone would agree with my view.

Cirkie (Anonymous)Fri 30-Mar-12 10:55 AM
Charter member
#107860, "I know already."
In response to Reply #15

Remember I didn't full loot him, or even half loot him. I've had many many things taken from "vultures" as they tend to be called these days. I understand what you're saying, but it's not like I full looted him and flipped him the bird.

TwistFri 30-Mar-12 04:29 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#107864, "I'm actually not talking about the looting."
In response to Reply #17

I'm talking about your own admission that you happily murdered good align chars because they happened to be Tribs (or paladins).

You can claim that you had great IC reasons for doing this. I would see those IC reasons and then make you neutral.

Cirkie (Anonymous)Fri 30-Mar-12 10:18 PM
Charter member
#107875, "I'll never understand"
In response to Reply #18

why it's wrong for good aligned outlanders to kill good aligned tribs. I'm not trying to argue, I'm just saying that's how I see it. I would have loved it had you turned me neutral, that's a hell of a learning experience. I still think there's a good chance you would not have changed my alignment had we interacted. Maybe sometime we'll get the chance. I doubt this was my last goodie outlander.

DaevrynSat 31-Mar-12 07:33 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#107878, "RE: I'll never understand"
In response to Reply #20

If you're good, and you treat other good characters like you treat anyone else, your alignment is living on borrowed time.

DurNominatorFri 30-Mar-12 11:38 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#107876, "Level 6 guy isn't in the PK system yet."
In response to Reply #15

And thus is not able to loot anything PC corpses other than his own. I understand your example with a level 11 character as the lowbie, though.

Vortex MagusFri 30-Mar-12 11:41 PM
400 posts
#107877, "We're talking about a level 6 goodie fulling the pit of..."
In response to Reply #21

Not the entire thing, but all of the best pieces, and the ones most difficult for a goodie to recover from another goodie.

ArtificialThu 29-Mar-12 01:26 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
#107839, "Don't worry, he dropped the get all corpse on more than..."
In response to Reply #2

nt

Cirkie (Anonymous)Thu 29-Mar-12 01:28 PM
Charter member
#107840, "So it was your periapts I took?"
In response to Reply #4

Post the log or shut up. Lies lies and tiny eyes.

ArtificialThu 29-Mar-12 01:31 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
#107841, "I can tell when its a get all corpse"
In response to Reply #5
Edited on Thu 29-Mar-12 01:32 PM

When you grab ####ty items as well as the good, and the number.

edit: I also dont log.

zosi (Anonymous)Fri 30-Mar-12 06:53 PM
Charter member
#107869, "you were awesome"
In response to Reply #1

There's rules about mixed-align outlander inducting goodies, or I would have snapped you up after our first interview. Granted half of it was the sheer audaciousness of an outtie thief, but the other half is I enjoyed the #### out of your rp. Please make another. See ya.

Cirkie (Anonymous)Sun 01-Apr-12 12:07 PM
Charter member
#107882, "Thanks, you were awesome as well."
In response to Reply #19

You weren't boring, at all. Characters like you spice things up, and I like that. If I didn't I wouldn't have tried an outlander thief. Thanks for actually taking the time to talk and get to know the character. Most interactions I had were people either being very surprised and having nothing to say, or people basically saying what I was doing was stupid and pointless. I didn't let it get me down though, I know how some people just can't handle change or things very out of the ordinary. I'll be seeing you next time.

TeslineSat 31-Mar-12 11:24 AM
Member since 25th Jun 2010
582 posts
#107879, "Well I liked the character..but..."
In response to Reply #1

Ceje didnt like traveling with you due to you killing goodies. I honestly thought you were neutral until another outlander told me otherwise. anyways GLWYN

I've got a single #### to give...and it's just for you.

Cirkie (Anonymous)Sun 01-Apr-12 12:17 PM
Charter member
#107883, "I totally understand."
In response to Reply #24
Edited on Sun 01-Apr-12 12:18 PM

I knew this would turn some people off, but I wanted to see where it would go.

The fort builds huge deathsquads and goes out murdering the entire evil hero range. It's okay because they're evil and the enemy to the fortress. The spire is one of the biggest enemies to the tree, logic dictates it should not be uncommon that those of the tree should then want to hunt down and murder all tribunals.

Not all of the warden outlanders had problems with this. If I am horribly wrong I hope the next time I get called on it. You weren't the first one to think I was neutral. Cirkie knew it was best for the tree for all outlanders to get along, even reavers and wardens. I tried getting everyone together in one group to hunt, or to go do some really fast leveling. I had a fight or two with reavers, but all in all it was fun and it made people act out their characters instead of just going on one-track-minded pk or leveling missions where everyone is basically on robot mode.

Edit: Ceje was a ton of fun. I hope you come back around with another one. GLWTN

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #107819 Previous topic | Next topic