Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Feketehalal the Master of Changelings" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #107365
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 14-Mar-12 04:48 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17192 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#107365, "(DELETED) [None] Feketehalal the Master of Changelings"

Wed Mar 14 14:45:55 2012

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 23rd of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Feketehalal perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:109

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Absolute utter WASTE of my damned time. , Vladamir, 14-Mar-12 04:56 PM, #1
     Reply I know how you feel. NT, TMNS, 14-Mar-12 04:58 PM, #2
     Reply FYI Reksah, I appreciated you telling me to be patient...., Vladamir, 14-Mar-12 05:49 PM, #3
     Reply RE: FYI Reksah, I appreciated you telling me to be pati..., Reksah, 16-Mar-12 01:13 PM, #4
          Reply Because RP always trumps Quality Control and common sen..., Alston, 16-Mar-12 02:25 PM, #6
               Reply Are you under the impression people enjoy your characte..., Tac, 16-Mar-12 03:27 PM, #7
               Reply I like his chars., Dallevian, 16-Mar-12 04:07 PM, #8
               Reply I like his chars too. , Vladamir, 16-Mar-12 07:49 PM, #15
                    Reply My point was simply that there are different opinions., Tac, 16-Mar-12 08:16 PM, #16
                         Reply Nevermind. n/t, Alston, 16-Mar-12 11:28 PM, #17
               Reply Seconded. n/t, Lhydia, 16-Mar-12 04:43 PM, #9
               Reply Nah Reksah made the right call. , Vladamir, 16-Mar-12 05:22 PM, #12
                    Reply Okay, fair enough., Alston, 16-Mar-12 11:25 PM, #18
     Reply See my locked thread where I got flamed., Alston, 16-Mar-12 02:20 PM, #5
     Reply So you are saying Kiraava trolled you, bitched you out ..., Lhydia, 16-Mar-12 04:44 PM, #10
     Reply Sad to see you go., Zameida (Anonymous), 16-Mar-12 04:54 PM, #11
     Reply Not your fault at all., Vladamir, 16-Mar-12 07:47 PM, #14
     Reply Now that my head is a bit cooler, goodbyes..., Vladamir, 16-Mar-12 07:46 PM, #13

VladamirWed 14-Mar-12 04:56 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#107366, "Absolute utter WASTE of my damned time. "
In response to Reply #0

I'm too furious to even talk about what happened right now, but when people utterly ruin another persons character for no reason other than to be a ####, clearly the game is no longer fun anymore.

TMNSWed 14-Mar-12 04:58 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#107367, "I know how you feel. NT"
In response to Reply #1

NT

VladamirWed 14-Mar-12 05:49 PM
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#107368, "FYI Reksah, I appreciated you telling me to be patient...."
In response to Reply #1

But to be honest I had already waited for weeks, and jumped through far too many hoops just getting INTO the Chasm to feel like it was worthwhile to jump through any more to get re-inducted after such a #### uninduction a week later. After all the effort it took me to get in, getting tossed like that for no reason whatsoever was a character killer for me. I might have been able to make it back in, but I wouldn't have ever felt the same about a character I really loved. I wanted to play out my role more, I had a LOT more to add, I loved my forms (Lion and vampire bat were a sick combination), but this was just one of those "Meh" moments that just sucks all of the fun from a character.

ReksahFri 16-Mar-12 01:13 PM
Member since 30th Apr 2011
94 posts
Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#107397, "RE: FYI Reksah, I appreciated you telling me to be pati..."
In response to Reply #3

That's too bad that you let it derail you so much. I can understand being frustrated, but, yeah. I would have almost surely reinducted you once I was done letting things play out but RP being what it is I can't' just tell you that any more than I already had.

AlstonFri 16-Mar-12 02:25 PM
Member since 07th Sep 2011
858 posts
#107401, "Because RP always trumps Quality Control and common sen..."
In response to Reply #4

I understand what it means to have standards but still. if the douchebaggery is clear... STOP IT!

Is the game more fun because Vlad deleted a character he was having a lot of fun with due to the actions of the actions of another player?

It's mind blowing.

TacFri 16-Mar-12 03:27 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
#107402, "Are you under the impression people enjoy your characte..."
In response to Reply #6

Because speaking for myself. I do not. I'd rather have 10 Rogue-murder-druids to deal with than 1 pro-paladin-that-never-ranks-past-level-20. Your RP isn't that good. You can't play a character that always acts superior and then gets curb-stomped in pk. It makith no sense.

So please don't pretend you are an expert on what people want and how they should play. Forum whiners != the majority. Tac != the majority.

DallevianFri 16-Mar-12 04:07 PM
1639 posts
#107407, "I like his chars."
In response to Reply #7

there's just usually a tipping point of expectations where he then becomes irksome, but nothing too bad

VladamirFri 16-Mar-12 07:49 PM
1179 posts
#107418, "I like his chars too. "
In response to Reply #8

I've never had any problems with him, and don't get why all the hate.

TacFri 16-Mar-12 08:16 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
#107419, "My point was simply that there are different opinions."
In response to Reply #15

Which these posts illustrates perfectly.

AlstonFri 16-Mar-12 11:22 PM
858 posts
#107422, "Nevermind. n/t"
In response to Reply #16
Edited on Fri 16-Mar-12 11:28 PM

Vlad's happy so I'm happy.

LhydiaFri 16-Mar-12 04:43 PM
2390 posts
#107408, "Seconded. n/t"
In response to Reply #7

gr

VladamirFri 16-Mar-12 05:22 PM
1179 posts
#107413, "Nah Reksah made the right call. "
In response to Reply #6

Atmosphere needs to be maintained. Reksah tried telling me to be patient, but I figured he meant matter of days sort of patient, not matter of minutes sort of patient. To be honest I should have just relaxed, and followed his advice. I would have been reinducted a lot sooner than I thought he meant I would be, and would still have my character. May have even gotten a little loving out of it for being a good sport, which I normally am.

I can't stress enough how much I do NOT blame Reksah, and how classy he was about things, considering the melt down I was having at the time.

AlstonFri 16-Mar-12 11:25 PM
858 posts
#107423, "Okay, fair enough."
In response to Reply #12

If you think it was handled propperly then I'll pull my gripe about this.

AlstonFri 16-Mar-12 02:19 PM
858 posts
#107400, "See my locked thread where I got flamed."
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Fri 16-Mar-12 02:20 PM

This would be one of the reasons why I started it.

LhydiaFri 16-Mar-12 04:44 PM
2390 posts
#107409, "So you are saying Kiraava trolled you, bitched you out ..."
In response to Reply #5

gr

Zameida (Anonymous)Fri 16-Mar-12 04:54 PM
Charter member
#107412, "Sad to see you go."
In response to Reply #1

You had great RP, and I had tons of fun when we did you know what. I did recommend you, and I saw you as fairly active as an applicant. Though once inducted, I rarely saw you online. And with my crazy hours online it felt odd. But, as I posted in Kiraava's thread, my POV is skewed due to spending so much time online atm.

So, I'm sorry for whatever role I played in getting you booted.

VladamirFri 16-Mar-12 07:47 PM
1179 posts
#107417, "Not your fault at all."
In response to Reply #11

I broke character after the uninduction, and I'm not the sort who can do that and then pretend I didn't do it. I always had a blast with you, and was glad to have been in the cabal with you. You were a lot of fun to hang with, and great RPer as well.

VladamirFri 16-Mar-12 07:46 PM
1179 posts
#107416, "Now that my head is a bit cooler, goodbyes..."
In response to Reply #1

I loved the character and most of my interactions with people were really good. The role was essentially someone who had been raised by a necromancer father who practiced vivisection on his own children. He eventually managed to kill his father, then killed his last remaining sibling so they wouldn't have to live with the memory of what had been done to them. After a bit he decided that instead of just taking his life, he wanted to eradicate the entire world, so there would be no afterlife and he wouldn't have to bear what had been done to him.

To that end I went to Daevs shrine a bunch of times but I guess our times didn't mesh because I never got a reply. Not the end of the world there (pun unintended) because the character was intending to try and sell out the world to the inhabitants of the Shadow Realm. Hence Scion and the Nightwalkers.

I had a whole thing about how the more of your morality you left behind, the more control you could have over extra planar beings and blah blah. The long and short of it was, he didn't care if he died, because he intended to destroy the entire world, including himself anyway.

I had some awesome interactions along the way, and some not so awesome interactions. Being ganged and looted, just to locate a bunch of my items on a level 20 who was nowhere near the Chasm when I died (I mean, really, do we need to load up a level 20 shaman with *5* ####ing gold bracelets?) sucked. It was interesting watching the gear move around for the next few days. Seeing those same 5 bracelets on ANOTHER lower level storm shaman two days later was sort of eye opening about the kind of people playing goodies right now. I'm not going to say another word about that.

I spent hours scouring the mud for wands, and found a bunch but still not one sleek. My sleekless streak remains unbroken. I find this a bit disheartening, after all the talk about how much better the system is now. I found plenty of wands, but still zero sleeks. Again, I'm not going to say anything else about that.

Reksah I know I said it before, but again thanks for trying to talk me down off the ledge. I'm sorry for the melt down I had right before, that's really REALLY unlike me. I don't think I've done anything like that more than maybe 2-3 times, and I've played since Beta. That doesn't make it any better or make me any less ashamed of it when it happens. I think that, more than anything else, was why I deleted. I broke character, and that is nobodies fault but my own.

Sacer. Thank you for the trip to you know where. I had a LOT of fun with it. I think I would have gotten a lot more out of it if I could have gotten my damn mask off to enjoy the full experience, but I was still very honored to have been part of it.

I'd pay for the PBF, but to be honest I'm pretty deeply ashamed of my PK stats. For me, as a shifter the PK game starts at hero, and I never quite made it, so my PK stats are quite shameful, even for someone who doesn't really care much about that sort of thing. I don't think I landed any kills after I got my final forms, because I spent all my time doing Sciony things for research, and looking for my damned (still unfound) sleeks.

Post and I'll reply.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #107365 Previous topic | Next topic