Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Mofangle Shadisal the Disciple of ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #107168
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 10-Mar-12 05:28 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17192 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#107168, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Mofangle Shadisal the Disciple of Ancient Ways"

Sat Mar 10 15:24:09 2012

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 33rd of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Mofangle perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:49
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:63

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Disappointing at best., Tesline, 10-Mar-12 05:39 PM, #1
     Reply Mofangle Mynizzle Foshizzle Shadasil!, Rayihn, 10-Mar-12 06:04 PM, #2
     Reply I actually lost a bet and had to name three usernames l..., Tesline, 10-Mar-12 06:32 PM, #5
     Reply You were tenacious!, Kiraava (Anonymous), 10-Mar-12 06:06 PM, #3
     Reply Pheew, thought it was that last death..., Zameida (Anonymous), 10-Mar-12 06:27 PM, #4
     Reply Well I wasnt prepping or even really trying at that poi..., Tesline, 10-Mar-12 06:35 PM, #6
     Reply Not being able to loot people makes the game painful?, Murphy, 10-Mar-12 10:32 PM, #7
          Reply You can't loot your own corpse. n/t, Homard, 10-Mar-12 10:33 PM, #8
               Reply Yes you can. But imagine this:, Amberion, 11-Mar-12 02:24 AM, #9
                    Reply And how often did this happen to Mofangle?, Murphy, 11-Mar-12 07:22 AM, #10
                    Reply After level 30 it happened only once., Tesline, 11-Mar-12 07:52 AM, #11
                    Reply Well, I screwed that up., Homard, 11-Mar-12 11:43 AM, #12
     Reply RE: Disappointing at best., Illanthos, 14-Mar-12 12:17 AM, #13

TeslineSat 10-Mar-12 05:39 PM
Member since 25th Jun 2010
582 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#107169, "Disappointing at best."
In response to Reply #0

I was frustrated with this character right from level 17. It just seemed like I couldnt get anything to go my way. Thanks to the Imm that gave me some exp. I am going to play something a little more fun/not annoying.

Good thing I learned some gear which was my goal. I took death taboo to force myself to have to try and find gear. It worked. Many people were nice and this character I was looted the least. I am going to keep trying new classes/builds/legacies/specs ect. I had 8 con when I deleted...so my next character will be all about surviving.

I'll come back with something really fun next time I hope. I am just ashamed to have played this character..with the lack of fun it was..atleast for me.

I've got a single #### to give...and it's just for you.

RayihnSat 10-Mar-12 06:04 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#107170, "Mofangle Mynizzle Foshizzle Shadasil!"
In response to Reply #1

What a dumb name! I'm sorry but.

I felt bad every time you died. Over and over and over again. In new and creative ways at that. I'd see you try and bust an impale on Eleagra and just cringe.

Good luck on your next, hope you try Fort again with something a wee bit less reckless...

TeslineSat 10-Mar-12 06:32 PM
582 posts
#107173, "I actually lost a bet and had to name three usernames l..."
In response to Reply #2

My friend even paid for me to change my gamertag on the 360 to mofangle. My goal is to get a character to live past 300+ hours.

Kiraava (Anonymous)Sat 10-Mar-12 06:06 PM
Charter member
#107171, "You were tenacious!"
In response to Reply #1

I was so mad when you killed me that first time. My keyboard is a USB to my laptop and after all those initial echos I hit vibrato and it stuck and spammed it a bunch, then disconnected while I sat there and watched and I got control soon enough to finally flee only to run into the damn patrolmen!

You certainly weren't scared to fight though, I thought Shamanman came back for a second! I think merely using more hit and run tactics and utilizing healers would have changed a myriad of our fights. I was just getting ready to figure your story out though for some RP, sad that you're gone, you were a lot of fun.

Zameida (Anonymous)Sat 10-Mar-12 06:27 PM
Charter member
#107172, "Pheew, thought it was that last death..."
In response to Reply #1

... I was about to give you a free pass there in Galadon since you had just recently died from bleeding to me during my retrieval.

But did you attack my nightwalker? It was real odd as it started screaming, so I took it as that and struck. Figured you'd delete when I noticed you didn't come back to the corpse.

You were kinda tough though, you almost had me near the fortress.

Yeah, deathtaboo really forces you to learn how to regear. I've had it once with a hero char. Painful experience.

TeslineSat 10-Mar-12 06:35 PM
582 posts
#107174, "Well I wasnt prepping or even really trying at that poi..."
In response to Reply #4

I could of survived so many of those last 20 or so fights if I had the will to. I just couldnt find the fun in the RP. I was trying to burn con today. Atleast I stopped using those prods.

MurphySat 10-Mar-12 10:32 PM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#107186, "Not being able to loot people makes the game painful?"
In response to Reply #4

I'll never understand that.

HomardSat 10-Mar-12 10:33 PM
Member since 10th Apr 2010
959 posts
#107187, "You can't loot your own corpse. n/t"
In response to Reply #7

n/t

AmberionSun 11-Mar-12 02:24 AM
Member since 06th Jun 2007
945 posts
#107195, "Yes you can. But imagine this:"
In response to Reply #8

You get heavily looted by some enemy, then not long after, you kill that enemy, but you are unable to retrieve ANY of your things due to your flaw. Now that is annoying.

Always shoot first and then call whatever you hit the target.

MurphySun 11-Mar-12 07:22 AM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#107198, "And how often did this happen to Mofangle?"
In response to Reply #9

Because, to me, it sounds like a once-per-452345239857-hours scenario.

TeslineSun 11-Mar-12 07:52 AM
582 posts
#107199, "After level 30 it happened only once."
In response to Reply #10

It was more like once every 20 hours. Which honestly isnt bad.

HomardSun 11-Mar-12 11:43 AM
Member since 10th Apr 2010
959 posts
#107202, "Well, I screwed that up."
In response to Reply #9

I swear I remember reading half a dozen posts about how you couldn't get your own stuff after you died.

Now I wonder how much other stuff I remember is utter ####.

IllanthosWed 14-Mar-12 12:17 AM
Member since 14th Oct 2011
274 posts
#107304, "RE: Disappointing at best."
In response to Reply #1

I could tell you had a REALLY rough time ahead of you. You have no idea how happy I was to finally get you into something better than fine leather and copper prods.

Another solo-runner with A LOT of heart. Sucks to see you go

GLWYN

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #107168 Previous topic | Next topic