Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Kharrik the Legend of the Battle..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #107041
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 07-Mar-12 04:24 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17192 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#107041, "(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Kharrik the Legend of the Battlefield"

Wed Mar 7 14:22:52 2012

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Kharrik perished, never to return.

Race:frost
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:115

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Ho HO Ho, Abernyte, 08-Mar-12 04:32 AM, #8
Reply Few goodbyes and stuff, Kharrik (Anonymous), 07-Mar-12 05:32 PM, #1
     Reply What now?, Tac, 07-Mar-12 06:14 PM, #2
     Reply RE: What now?, Kharrik (Anonymous), 08-Mar-12 02:45 AM, #6
     Reply RE: Few goodbyes and stuff, Rayihn, 07-Mar-12 06:32 PM, #3
     Reply Hrrmn, Kharrik (Anonymous), 08-Mar-12 02:42 AM, #5
          Reply Did you really have long fights with so low dex?, DurNominator, 08-Mar-12 10:43 AM, #10
               Reply Sure, Kharrik (Anonymous), 08-Mar-12 11:02 AM, #11
     Reply Man I felt bad for you, Atracius (Anonymous), 08-Mar-12 01:19 AM, #4
     Reply heh, Kharrik (Anonymous), 08-Mar-12 02:59 AM, #7
     Reply It's alright, Salyeris (Anonymous), 08-Mar-12 08:53 AM, #9
          Reply Nah its not, Kharrik (Anonymous), 08-Mar-12 11:05 AM, #12

AbernyteThu 08-Mar-12 04:32 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
975 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#107073, "Ho HO Ho"
In response to Reply #0

This is all.

Kharrik (Anonymous)Wed 07-Mar-12 05:32 PM
Charter member
#107043, "Few goodbyes and stuff"
In response to Reply #0

Firstly, I only rolled this char to piss off Abernyte and to see what Frost giant would be like, Like a few others I never actually used frostblade (dunno if it was good or what) given the race was limited to rangers/frostgiants (Rangers get staffs they make) and warriors are generally pretty specced in weapons it didnt seem like such a useful thing. I was tempted to try HPM but with the village not being at war with Empire, it it sorted of limited its vuln exploit potential to well... no one. The fire vuln was INSANE but then most races have a vuln you can exploit. In my play times the light is pretty strong so I did take alot of hits early on from Fort and stuff, and I suspect its the same for many of the frost giants that went before me. I think I did spy a couple that follow who might actually be pretty pimp (time will tell). I spent alot of time working on skills at low levels (It felt like the 15 int was dumber than usual are frosties being correctly considered at 18int for skill gains?), it didnt really pay off I think with the way evasion/high dex melee goes now, the tankyness of strength 25 parry needs looking at. With Mhag I ran some test on effective defenses and found that 16 dex dodge was proving more effective than dual wielding flourintine 25 parry .... thats fine and all but its not what the help files imply, I didnt see anything to change my opinions on Kharrik. Saying that I liked the Frost Giants as an idea, I doubt i'd ever have gotten the last name on this char, given my role was really short/boring and cookie cutter for frost giants, and the last name of Tor was something I only added when I realised how it would Jive with the name Kharrik. Thanks to who ever gave me that temp title at 29ish that was really cool, I was hoping for one at hero for being the one to finally get to hero but, I wasnt overly bothered about it. I contemplated actually developing the role some but it felt like I had some really bad luck with both landing kills and with people finding me at the worst possible times *alot*. I think mebbe the playerbase has evolved beyond the cheap and cheesy kills I could pull off with Thrakadan, and as I mentioned on Dios, I doubt I will make another Giant sword spec rager berserker. (ofc I will but just saying).

So a few good byes.

Salyeris : Thanks for the induct, it was a brutal wait and I used the majority of my trains on con trying to stay alive, I really liked your character as commander, sorry if I disappointed you *twice in the face now * Plently more people who are actually playing decent ragers though.

Lohak : You get some bad press, but what I saw was solid and decent.

Xazzz : #### you ring stealer!! but thanks for the patches and stuff!

Mama : Sorry I didnt help you get the final title, I was too busy playing something that was fun for me, but I had alot of fun leveling with you.

Arial warriors in the earlier ranks, thanks for the wingsweeps, those spider swords sure were useful

Golmuf : I really liked what I saw from you, was hoping that i'd get some sharper weapons out of it

Mauz : thanks for going to fight the dragon in my place

Tzar : Feck you

Solec : Feck you and your manticore, with your flyto (no lag) disarm, earth shield and giant mystical rocks oooh and porcupine...

I wouldnt be surprised if my gank o meter was 2.0 and my ganked o meter was 3.0. Everyone else was mostly cool, and thanks to those that didnt loot any of my worthless gear

TacWed 07-Mar-12 06:14 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
#107044, "What now?"
In response to Reply #1

With Mhag I ran some test on effective defenses and found that 16 dex dodge was proving more effective than dual wielding flourintine 25 parry

Buried in that wall of text is this nugget. Are you saying that you somehow tanked better with just dodge (with 16 dex) then you did with parry as a sword spec with perfected flourintine? Cause if so, I think you are smoking teh purple crack. Frankly I'm not even sure that was what you were trying to say, but that was my best guess.

Kharrik (Anonymous)Thu 08-Mar-12 02:45 AM
Charter member
#107070, "RE: What now?"
In response to Reply #2

What I am saying is against a level 55 Mob (Ish) that uses axes, with Axe at 100%, Dodge at 100% Parry at 100% Flourintine at 100% and 1/3 max carry weight, on average I would Dodge 45% of all incoming attacks, and parry would cover only 38% (or less). The Help file for Parry/Dodge says, you will parry more than you will dodge....

RayihnWed 07-Mar-12 06:32 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#107045, "RE: Few goodbyes and stuff"
In response to Reply #1

I'm curious about your legacy choice. Cause it seemed like shooting yourself in one foot and chopping all the toes off your other one to me.

Kharrik (Anonymous)Thu 08-Mar-12 02:42 AM
Charter member
#107069, "Hrrmn"
In response to Reply #3

I was probably going to delete this char as soon as I hit hero the first time Alvorax perma lagged me at 20ish etc, so I took crashing, which worked a lot, but really I should look at using the mysterious bash command or landing a bash now and again to maximise this.

STSF I took at 48 just cause I wanted to see how it would work on lowest Int/wis, I figured for longer fights and fights with heavily shielded/prepped people it might stand me in good stead. The echos on it fired a HELL of a lot more often than i was expecting (except when I had heavy - int / - wis gear). I suppose I could have taken Landslide instead, but I was so bored with the char by level 30, didnt seem to connect strongly with any of my allies or have any particular motivation to test it further.

DurNominatorThu 08-Mar-12 10:43 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#107090, "Did you really have long fights with so low dex?"
In response to Reply #5

In fact, lowest dex of all races. I can't really think of a worse race to pick STSF with.

Kharrik (Anonymous)Thu 08-Mar-12 11:02 AM
Charter member
#107091, "Sure"
In response to Reply #10

Giant resist + Rager Resist + Bard Resist + Parry/dodge it seemed to charge up ok, keeping charges seemed to be a problem tho. I didnt take it and think it was going to wtfpwn, as I said else where I just wanted to check it out on lowest stats.

Atracius (Anonymous)Thu 08-Mar-12 01:19 AM
Charter member
#107064, "Man I felt bad for you"
In response to Reply #1

I tried feeding you weapons in the hopes that you could kill bolvik. It was depressing to see you go against him with 2 wailing swords and hit him for mauls while he was hitting you for huge damage. Anyhow, good job on heroing a frostie.

Kharrik (Anonymous)Thu 08-Mar-12 02:59 AM
Charter member
#107071, "heh"
In response to Reply #4

I killed him a few times after induct, I couldnt actually remove the swords I had on, cause you know apps cant uncurse demon pendants Even on vulns no warrior should lose to an app, especially when you can just prep... lol

Salyeris (Anonymous)Thu 08-Mar-12 08:53 AM
Charter member
#107082, "It's alright"
In response to Reply #1

Lots of people had a rough go waiting to get in, but I think that helps them appreciate more what it is like when they get in.

I liked Kharrik, he was blunt and to the point. Sort of how I picture a giant would be. And my disappointment at those times was also in myself, so no worries.

Have fun when you come back to the fields

Kharrik (Anonymous)Thu 08-Mar-12 11:05 AM
Charter member
#107092, "Nah its not"
In response to Reply #9

I was letting the side down

Think all Kharriks contemparies either had hide or con died.

I wanted to go full r-tard rp with Kharrik but it would have come across as Mhag, and I was trying to make the rp distinct form that.

I'm always in the fields. muahahahahahhah ahahha ahahahhahahahha or something

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #107041 Previous topic | Next topic