Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Kaligoth the Warden of the Winds" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #106974
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 06-Mar-12 04:08 AM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17192 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#106974, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Kaligoth the Warden of the Winds"

Tue Mar 6 02:07:17 2012

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Kaligoth perished, never to return.

Race:frost
Class:ranger
Level:45
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:82

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Kaligoth the Warden of the Wi..., Kaligoth will remain whispered on the ice-bitten w (Anonymous), 06-Mar-12 04:05 PM, #8
Reply Hope you had fun, you played as if you did, Garm (Anonymous), 06-Mar-12 05:34 PM, #10
Reply I wish we could have RP'd a bit., Kiraava (Anonymous), 06-Mar-12 07:32 PM, #12
Reply Liked Kaligoth, wish you'd have kept him., Muzgash (Anonymous), 06-Mar-12 07:42 PM, #13
Reply Frosties can't be rolled for another year anyway., Alston, 07-Mar-12 10:10 AM, #15
Reply Damn. Sorry I got you killed., Onya (Anonymous), 06-Mar-12 12:40 PM, #6
Reply RE: Damn. Sorry I got you killed., Kaligoth (Anonymous), 06-Mar-12 04:01 PM, #7
     Reply Funny you both, One of imperial squad (Anonymous), 07-Mar-12 06:01 AM, #14
Reply Absolutely reckless, should finish with con death, GLWY..., One of imperial squad (Anonymous), 06-Mar-12 08:23 AM, #2
Reply RE: Absolutely reckless, should finish with con death, ..., Kaligoth (Anonymous), 06-Mar-12 09:18 AM, #4
Reply I wonder if people will 'hold back' before rushing in t..., Abernyte, 06-Mar-12 07:42 AM, #1
     Reply RE: I wonder if people will 'hold back' before rushing ..., Kaligoth (Anonymous), 06-Mar-12 09:16 AM, #3
          Reply RE: I wonder if people will 'hold back' before rushing ..., The-me, 06-Mar-12 10:55 AM, #5
               Reply I was not having a go at kaligoth. Just remarking on th..., Abernyte, 06-Mar-12 04:45 PM, #9
                    Reply RE: I was not having a go at kaligoth. Just remarking o..., Kaligoth (Anonymous), 06-Mar-12 06:10 PM, #11
                         Reply RE: I was not having a go at kaligoth. Just remarking o..., Abernyte, 07-Mar-12 02:22 PM, #16
                              Reply RE: I was not having a go at kaligoth. Just remarking o..., Kaligoth (Anonymous), 07-Mar-12 04:36 PM, #17
                                   Reply As is typical with the forum generated mentality of CF, Abernyte, 08-Mar-12 04:45 AM, #18

Kaligoth will remain whispered on the ice-bitten w (Anonymous)Tue 06-Mar-12 04:05 PM
Charter member
#107014, "RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Kaligoth the Warden of the Wi..."
In response to Reply #0

Kaligoth was a lot of fun for me the tree at first was rather barren and I did not see much life active in it, but as the seasons that changed and I grew to love logging on. My mission for Kaligoth was no to be some pk demon but to have fun and learn as much as possible. I've always loved the intricate rp that is accessible with outlander and the freedom involved I remember me and Garm fighting one moment the next he's handing me an ancient red hide. It was a pieced together family but it fit rather nicely. I was constantly learning new and accepting things as they came along and I loved every step of the way. Sorry I did not hold on to the character longer but I just saw it best to free the spot after realizing a frost giant could be better held in the hands of a vet. I was very brutal in fights that went my way (enlarged in the wilderness) but at times the patience that was needed did not fit me well and resulted in my death. Regardless I had many fun times and hope to hear some goodbyes. I'll be back in the realms soon...as what? Who knows.

Garm (Anonymous)Tue 06-Mar-12 05:34 PM
Charter member
#107020, "Hope you had fun, you played as if you did"
In response to Reply #8

You were similar to Gralnath in many ways, played more like a warrior
than a ambushy-type ranger, from what I saw at least. Also, unorthodox ranking techniques (haha).

GLWYN

Kiraava (Anonymous)Tue 06-Mar-12 07:32 PM
Charter member
#107024, "I wish we could have RP'd a bit."
In response to Reply #8

I think I only got you twice, the second time you totally would have had me if you would have stayed in the Rocks and Brambles just a moment more. I saw you walk onto eastern for just a moment and it was nighttime and figured you'd be waiting for me there. I waited west so you couldn't scan for me and sure enough you came.

I was following you after I sung the fiend and went right into your snare when you fled to have Mamangava try to assassinate me so sorry I couldn't guard your corpse, I hate looting and losing stuff so I always try and protect people's things but I just couldn't that time.

Either way, hope you roll something else, CF needs all the possible characters it can use right now!

-=- Kiraava Terrilin -=-

Muzgash (Anonymous)Tue 06-Mar-12 07:42 PM
Charter member
#107025, "Liked Kaligoth, wish you'd have kept him."
In response to Reply #8

Glad you had fun learning, though I', SO frustrated about the "free the spot" idea. Firstly, no-one can roll one now, so it was kinda a waste, but secondly and most importantly...who said "Vets" deserve a frost giant more than a newbie? Most of what makes a character valuable is just that someone plays them, and has fun.

As far as Muzgash and Kaligoth interactions...you definitely ended up the short end of the stick. In your defense, Muzgash has just had great luck all around. Shame we didn't get to keep fighting. Few quick comments though.

1) I laughed, but did you seriously call an orc a coward? Particularly for not walking into the mountains where *TWO* Outlander rangers were hiding? I hope it was RP, because that would just be insanity to begin with for a lot of people, much less an orc.

2) Still, did turn out pretty horrid for you guys, and I hope the gear didn't end up being a final straw. Only took a few pieces, but ended up killing the other ranger right after, and when you never came back, figured you just weren't interested. Was also a good bit that I was picking through and comparing that was left on the ground instead of rotting.

AlstonWed 07-Mar-12 10:10 AM
Member since 07th Sep 2011
858 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#107034, "Frosties can't be rolled for another year anyway."
In response to Reply #8

So you really didn't free any slots.

Onya (Anonymous)Tue 06-Mar-12 12:40 PM
Charter member
#107005, "Damn. Sorry I got you killed."
In response to Reply #0

When I told you to go into that situation, I was just so sure you'd take out the traps, take a bit of damage, then make it out clearing the path for me to come in and deal out the punishment... What I didn't anticipate was typing group one second and your at 100% health then typing it again after casting one spell and your at 0%. Damn I feel bad, but what I really didn't want was both of us slept out by a trap next to three Imperials. Anyways, Onya really liked Kaligoth and was hoping to help you be the first Frost Giant hero. It was obvious Kaligoth was a learning experience for you, but I hope you had some fun along the way... GLWYN.

Kaligoth (Anonymous)Tue 06-Mar-12 04:01 PM
Charter member
#107013, "RE: Damn. Sorry I got you killed."
In response to Reply #6

Trust me it was not an issue if I had played things out better that one death shouldn't have mattered frost giants are just a rough start and this was my first ranger. Warrior could have had more success but I always wanted to try out a ranger and I grew to actually love it in all honesty. You taught me alot and I didn't take things hard because I simply viewed Kaligoth as a learning experience sorry I took a frost giant slot to do so.

One of imperial squad (Anonymous)Wed 07-Mar-12 06:01 AM
Charter member
#107032, "Funny you both"
In response to Reply #7

She have used you like a toilet paper.
There were 3 imperials hehe, one had 5 of you in his range,
and over two had 4.
Aka 3 imperials came to gank 5 outlanders, hehe, and cowardy invoker, who would be unaffected from 3 of 4 seted traps, sent you to die,
and you are saing "thank you, you was my beloved mate", mugagaga.

One of imperial squad (Anonymous)Tue 06-Mar-12 08:23 AM
Charter member
#106977, "Absolutely reckless, should finish with con death, GLWY..."
In response to Reply #0

@

Kaligoth (Anonymous)Tue 06-Mar-12 09:18 AM
Charter member
#106982, "RE: Absolutely reckless, should finish with con death, ..."
In response to Reply #2

Absoulutely reckless? You knew very little about my character for you to call anyone reckless because I didnt start fighting imperials as much until later in my life if your talking about the three man gank Onya told me to go ahead to disable the traps it wasn't a wish of mine in any way if anything I would have waited to be able to get through you all.

AbernyteTue 06-Mar-12 07:42 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
975 posts
#106976, "I wonder if people will 'hold back' before rushing in t..."
In response to Reply #0

~

Kaligoth (Anonymous)Tue 06-Mar-12 09:16 AM
Charter member
#106981, "RE: I wonder if people will 'hold back' before rushing ..."
In response to Reply #1

Kali not understand what say.

The-meTue 06-Mar-12 10:55 AM
Member since 14th Jun 2011
333 posts
#106999, "RE: I wonder if people will 'hold back' before rushing ..."
In response to Reply #3

Dont worry Kali I <3ed you, Aber is just Bitter, Bitter like the frozen wind that howls through the frigid wastelands.

AbernyteTue 06-Mar-12 04:45 PM
975 posts
#107016, "I was not having a go at kaligoth. Just remarking on th..."
In response to Reply #5

~

Kaligoth (Anonymous)Tue 06-Mar-12 06:10 PM
Charter member
#107022, "RE: I was not having a go at kaligoth. Just remarking o..."
In response to Reply #9

I know your not mean in my past you have commented on how much they need to still be players like me so Im excited to hear what you have to say stop fading out. Thevara, Savarna, Salvamash, Yuzxra, Eryx, vaellron...all me.

AbernyteWed 07-Mar-12 02:22 PM
975 posts
#107039, "RE: I was not having a go at kaligoth. Just remarking o..."
In response to Reply #11

I liked Kaligoth and got a giant style vibe from him. He did pretty decently but he, along with most of the other frost giants failed to hero or make any major impact.

It just felt like people grabbed a frost giant when it was available regardless of their preferred style of play fitting the race OR actually putting in the same character development of a 'normal' character created.

Like all those mugs who bought an Atari Lynx because it was the first colour screen hand held games console.

Kaligoth (Anonymous)Wed 07-Mar-12 04:36 PM
Charter member
#107042, "RE: I was not having a go at kaligoth. Just remarking o..."
In response to Reply #16

Umm...I had roles which I thoroughly followed imm interaction I made...thats kinda how I got into the tree. I did what I could to stand out as the first frost giant and maybe if I did frost giant warrior for the tree I would have stayed much longer. As I said this was my very first ranger not to mention giant ranger so I went with it I found fun in it and learned a good deal, if this is because you wanted the spot by all means if time could be changed you could have had it. Frost giants where not an easy play simply for the several vulns it had with little benefit.Like people said. Minotaur get Con, Str, plus an inherited gore, Fire giant get Con and STR, Frost giant gets Con and STR and a simple to exploit vuln such as fire and mental. I will not forget getting hit with demo's to incinerates at maybe 12-15 by wall of fire. Yeah hp is good but not that good. Regardless I enjoyed myself me grabbing the frost giant position and not fulfilling what YOU wanted to see doesn't mean I did not enjoy the character and make some impact. Frost giants will be back and at that time people will be able to better use them now knowing which vulns to cover up and which builds work well with them just as we have with any other race and class in the past.

AbernyteThu 08-Mar-12 04:45 AM
975 posts
#107074, "As is typical with the forum generated mentality of CF"
In response to Reply #17

anything you post will be taken for it's most negative and aimed at the person. I am going to stop posting now because I am not getting across what I was trying to say but instead making you feel like I am having a go.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #106974 Previous topic | Next topic