Subject: "(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Laesron Fhen-Gonddir the Legend o..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #106967
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 05-Mar-12 09:04 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17192 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#106967, "(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Laesron Fhen-Gonddir the Legend of the Battlefield, Elder Maran"

Mon Mar 5 19:01:27 2012

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Laesron perished, never to return.

Race:storm
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:275

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Twist was mean to me., TMNS, 05-Mar-12 10:17 PM, #2
Reply How I hated that pincer staff!, Jastyna (Anonymous), 05-Mar-12 11:42 PM, #3
Reply Respect., TMNS, 06-Mar-12 12:20 AM, #4
     Reply RE: Respect., Jastyna (Anonymous), 06-Mar-12 10:29 AM, #16
Reply RE: Twist was mean to me., Yargy (Anonymous), 06-Mar-12 02:02 AM, #5
Reply I liked you, even though I raged at you at times..., Amberion, 06-Mar-12 04:14 AM, #6
Reply I've had 4 hero range goodies out of my last 8 chars., TMNS, 06-Mar-12 10:06 AM, #12
Reply RE: Twist was mean to me., Baerinika, 06-Mar-12 08:30 AM, #7
Reply Haha. You were great no worries., TMNS, 06-Mar-12 10:04 AM, #10
Reply RE: Haha. You were great no worries., Rayihn, 06-Mar-12 10:05 AM, #11
     Reply I did not know that somehow :(, TMNS, 06-Mar-12 10:08 AM, #13
     Reply RE: I did not know that somehow :(, Rayihn, 06-Mar-12 10:15 AM, #14
     Reply RE: Haha. You were great no worries., Daevryn, 06-Mar-12 10:17 AM, #15
Reply PS I was hoping no one would mention my brutality on Va..., TMNS, 06-Mar-12 05:18 PM, #19
Reply Pretty tough yourself..., KrunkTheOrc (Anonymous), 06-Mar-12 08:58 AM, #8
Reply Fought you with a few characters, Oldril, 06-Mar-12 09:32 AM, #9
Reply RE: Twist was mean to me., Illanthos, 06-Mar-12 02:46 PM, #17
Reply Two reasons for that :), TMNS, 06-Mar-12 05:09 PM, #18
     Reply RE: Two reasons for that :), Illanthos, 06-Mar-12 05:23 PM, #20
Reply RE: Twist was mean to me., Iepnier (Anonymous), 07-Mar-12 10:56 AM, #21
Reply I think I lost 6 or so CON in a one week period., TMNS, 07-Mar-12 10:59 AM, #22
Reply Wow I cant believe you remember fighting Forid., Tesline, 07-Mar-12 07:39 PM, #23
Reply Glad you enjoyed yourself as much as I did., Vallinane (Anonymous), 08-Mar-12 12:44 AM, #24
Reply Well, Shamanman is my mentor so..., TMNS, 08-Mar-12 12:39 PM, #25
Reply Hey, You Remembered Me!!, Maussiffin (Anonymous), 09-Mar-12 11:24 AM, #26
Reply I'm going to miss you!, Jammenon (Anonymous), 11-Mar-12 03:57 AM, #27
Reply Well Crap, Tairneach (Anonymous), 05-Mar-12 09:57 PM, #1

TMNSMon 05-Mar-12 10:03 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#106969, "Twist was mean to me."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Mon 05-Mar-12 10:17 PM

No, not really

This was a really simple role, and really straight-forward playstyle, and was basically the character Ghrimriddor was meant to kinda be. I think I had relative success with my RP though it was a lot better before I hit hero range (a curse with all my characters).

I had middling PK success. Nailed some tough customers through exploiting some tactics available. All in all I'm relatively happy with this effort.

Two main things about Laesron's RP with one or two cavaets.

One - I always ALWAYS tried to be as polite and courteous to my enemies. I failed this maybe 2? times (1 time that I know of fighting two villagers on Eastern I really was upset about afterwards; the other time was also about villagers actually because Iepnier kept trying to assassinate me heh). For the most part I bit my real-life tongue several times after someone said something ignorant or stupid to me, and I actually kinda really enjoyed it for the most part. I got reasonably good RP from all my enemies so that was good.

Two - Sphere Combat. He loved to fight. Nothing pleased him more than charging into battle with a bunch of MARAN and trying to come out victorious. It's why often I'd give someone a solo fight and then gang them down later. I gave solo fights when I could but I was really never going to turn down a fight (unless it was with another goodie or a non-aggressive neutral).

There were also two or three other little quirks. He wanted to be liked and accepted by a band of warriors so he often adopted the jokes and humor of his companions. I tried to use emotes for the first 75 hours of his life to show that he still didn't speak common tongue all that great (consistant with coming to the main continents from somewhere distant and isolated). Finally, he never trusted evils. Foratha helped with that

I'd like to thank the Immortals that interacted with me: RayBaer, Whisydan, Enlilth. You all were fun. I think I sent a tell or two to Akresius but once I realized he was cool with goodies killing other goodies I decided I couldn't follow him with the role in mind. RayBaer, thanks for giving me a shot at a con-quest. I thought the items involved were tough enough to get that it would be worth a CON point or two. In the end though, I just kinda wanted to roll a new character so...yeah. Thanks again though for everything you do.

These are in the order I remember them via Laesron, not in order of importance or anything and I may forget some.

PRE INDUCTION INTO FORTRESS
Garwern - Missed ya while I was still getting started. I know your current and I'll always respect the #### out of you. You should have let me be your Vnshuld (which was the word for apprentice or squire in Laesron's home language) but I understand

Caerdryn - Really helped with the roleplay I kinda adopted later in life. I really enjoyed our chats and I hope you got a new char rocking in the lands.

Forid - You really were my lowbie nemesis. Helped shape my later roleplay when you deleted after I killed you that last time.

Mhournhul - JMC owned me like 90 times in a row.

Elanya - We got to run together again. All I wanted You really should have emailed Akresius you dummy.

Foratha - We had some great battles. If not for Eleagra you would have been my nemesis. Laesron (and I) would loot things that were better than what he had from a corpse if it was there (and also the occasional legendary/famous item for my mates).

POST INDUCTION INTO FORTRESS
Vallinane - I'm going to miss you the most, Sir. I had so much fun every time we were together, and trust me, no one was more crestfallen every time I ####ed up I use the CF client on the website most of the time so I have no aliases or macros, and sometimes I'm on a different computer/monitor in different computer labs etc. I did what I could and we did run shop on a couple people. I think you're the one who wanted me to do the con quest the most heh.

Puhguly - Really enjoyed our relationship. Probably the best Nexus/other cabal interaction I've ever had. Wish you had taken me up on the offer.

Eachainn - Inducted me and Laesron always looked up to you. Was really hoping for my last death to be earlier today when we were battling the SCIONS but oh well. Keep igniting those bad-guys Edited to add: I can't believe I forgot about your love of PIE! Constantly cracked me up.

Maussiffin - Missed you later in life. Was fun when you were a lowbie squire with me.

Argivo - Awesome with the random chats we had. At first I kinda didn't like you as I watched you get mashed by Scree when I thought you might have used better tactics and you chastised me, but then I realized Laesron could use that and become a better soldier. Always were there to lend a sword/mace or word when I needed it. An inspiration.

Veneroth - Keep the Fort held down by Storm Giant power. Probably the closest any other Storm Giant came to Laesron, you were the closest thing he had to a real brother.

Sava - Really was sad when you stopped showing/deleted. You were pretty cool.

Zeurane - I think I gave you a nice sword when you were level 15 or so and I had just been inducted into the Fort. You'll do well and keep trucking those evil bastards.

Illanthos - I get the feeling you haven't played a lot of goodies or a lot of healers. One or the other. Either way you were awesome, thanks for the patience you had with me, and you were probably the best goodie healer I ever got to travel with (which places you 8th in the all-alignment list hahahahaha)

Vaaki - Man, you were tough for an orc. Doh!

Zantala - You were the only Anti-Paladin to ever kill me, I'm pretty sure. Cabasko got me in a big gang but didn't get the last hit I don't think. You were super solid and I enjoyed that one chat we had after I died at Centurions.

Vaellron - Man you were crazy. But funny. And crazy bloodthirsty for a SCRIBE. Challenging Reksah IN THE CHASM? DOH.

Dvalygg - I'm not sure if you remember when we chatted in what, early December when I was level 21? Was the start of a good relationship (in an "I'm going to kill you somehow" way) and if you were around more, I'd probably say you were my nemesis. You did kill me 4 times I think but the two or three times I found you (instead of the other way around) I somehow ####ed up my chances. One of the best roleplayed evils going.

Lohakhan - Man you're too transparent. Other than that, I hope you're sphere Anger because then you are roleplaying perfect Tough as #### though.

Iepnier - I totally had your number once I hit the mid 40s. Glad you stopped trying to assassinate me Good luck with the village.

Vozmuir - Pretty sure I know who you are and we were finally on the same side for once. You did some AMAZING things and think people should recognize that. I remember when I was a level 36 SQUIRE and you were facing Scree + Rindros + Zynzyn + others in assorted logins. You were definitely the militant type though.

Krunk - Never killed you solo. Toughest orc I probably had ever fought. Impressive. Keep being an opportunistic bastard, you ####-brained orc

Tairneach - You'll do real well. A shaman can be meat at hero with no backup, but when you have other MARAN on you were invaluable. Keep holding down the Fort.

Arngrum - I really liked you (and almost didn't when you got mad when I left you in the Underdark) and was sad you deleted. I also got a little disheartened with the absurd odds some evils were facing though. Kinda killed my character (I had like 13 CON at 200 hrs or so and then decided to be a little reckless) but it is what it is.

Eleagra - My mother-####ing nemesis. MAN did you own me so many times. I thought to myself many a late night wondering how I could kill you solo. In the end I have to be happy that me and Elanya did it that one time in the Palace (no virtued paladin + level 51 squire v War Master at his inners is a matchup I'd take Eleagra in 95% of the time) and again one time in a gang on Eastern. I think it sucks you got Anathema'd but you stuck to your guns your own advancement be damned. I don't know whether to shake my head at you or admire you. Whatever the case, Eleagra was a great villain to Laesron.

Clahier - Thanks for talking me off the ledge You'll do well. I liked your RP a lot. I hope the bitching recently on the forum doesn't get you down.

Rindros - You know, you + despoil + ice devil + vapor sprite vs squire me and squire whomever is a matchup you really should win everytime. And you usually did. Just seemed to be frustration from your part a few times. You have a really tough character though, so keep on keeping on.

Elolania - I was sad you put me on ignore. I killed you completely solo at least two times after you claimed I couldn't do it.

Otuerghad - You're awesome. I really enjoyed the two post-death chats we had (one where I pasted you and one where you wtfpwned me). You may not be the most overtly powerful type of character, but IMHO you're just what Empire needs. Good luck.

Qiirvas - Said what I needed to say.

Zynzyn - Ditto. You were awesome though. Don't give up Mek!

Sarin - Another ditto. You cracked me up though, especially when it was you, Vallinane and me. PS I told you angel would be a bad idea there.

Xazzax - Another I'm saying you have perfect evil drow RP and not that you're a jerk OOC (because I really believe it due to going over our interactions). You're tough as #### and good luck building the village back up.

Mauz - You rule. That is all.

Jammenon - My best bud Laesron will be watching over you and your journies in the afterlife. I enjoyed trying to share some of the knowledge I've accrued with you, and really enjoyed all the times we traveled together. Thanks again for being a cool character.

Mochodin - At first, I won't lie. I was like "I've been a squire for a month and a week and I have around 25 evil kills, and this level 25 thief is a MARAN?" Then I got to see you in action. And got to know you. I admit, I thought this was Jalim as well But like, a kinder, gentler Jalim. "Was that stupid" "I don't know, was it" are exactly the type of character interactions I love on CF. Reminded me of Ghrim and Doban. You're the best.

Shaendath - Almost forgot you (sneaky bastard). We had some fun times and I watched you struggle as a squire for even longer than I did Great job and I thought you were a real nice presence for the Fortress.

Yarglen - You are awesome. Always up for a rumble, hilarious, and quick (in both wit and feet). You deserve the love you've been getting. Was funny when Enlilth was talking trash on me and then I killed you solo on Eastern though (I had 23 hp at the end heh). I expect big things from you.

Quelryon, Kheffrion, assorted others like Dorien. You guys are the new generation. Lots of up and coming evils and future evil powerhouses coming up, so be on your toes!

If I forgot anyone, I'm sorry. I rolled Laesron when another character I had fizzled out in October. I played around 30-35 hrs a month until December when I had a buttload of time and I put in a 60 hr month then a 100 hr month in January.

Polearm was awesome. Cutoff rules. Pincer staff is great (but god no not OP). Was very happy with this spec. Not very offensive but oh well.

HTH ruled for stun and defending without a weapon. Yeah, pummel was super unreliable, vital was mostly useless and crushing blow worked when I needed it to like 3 times out of 100. But stun saved my life and landed me some kills. And defending without my polearm was CRUCIAL. Plus, once I hit some 100s in most of my skills, HTH was suprisingly tanky (I think I actually tanked a bit better than polearm to be honest).

My favorite edges were Swath of Destruction (best polearm edge IMHO), whatever the edge is that gives you an extra inventory spot was awesome (thanks RayBaer and Eachainn!), and thick veined (sooooooooo clutch).

Legacies were perfect. Landslide is what it is. Clutch against anyone you can't normally lag and awesome to seperate groups. Enigma was taken basically to be able to GTFO via quaff return. I had dreams of zapping people with lightforged wands but I failed sooooooooooooo often with opal wands early in my hero life that I just gave up on zapping people.

I'll be back in a few with something.

Jastyna (Anonymous)Mon 05-Mar-12 11:42 PM
Charter member
#106970, "How I hated that pincer staff!"
In response to Reply #2

It really can be a difference maker. I have a log (somewhere) of two fights between us. One, the pincer staff claws me down once or twice, but, not enough to prevent me from singing. I win that fight, but neither of us die. We fought again shortly after that and the staff, I believe I counted, fired 7 times in 11 rounds. Yeah... I died! If you remember there was an elf shifter I had just slept in Udgaard but you showed up so I left the city. We fought to the south and you drove me all the way back into Udgaard. My next song came at the gates with all the guards, and then the shifter walked in.

Even though that was frustrating, I'm not trying to complain here. It's a part of the game, available to you, and you did a good job putting it to use. It sure did get my blood pumping when we fought though because if it fired alot, I could die, or if another fortie showed up, I could die. Stressful but fun! We usually had good fights. Sometimes they were a little lopsided when there were a bunch of forties running about, but, that's just the way it goes. I think I called you "DOG!!!" one time after a lopsided fight. Just RP.

TMNSTue 06-Mar-12 12:20 AM
2670 posts
#106971, "Respect."
In response to Reply #3

Sorry I forgot about you. I felt really bad because the moment you hit hero range there were like 4 of us all gunning for MARAN just trying to slaughter the first evil in range.

I think I got you 3 times. Once in Udgaard like you said, once near Voralian with Vallinane when he cried in at the very end, and once in Voralian when it was Arngrum and I against Lohakhan and you.

You were always someone I thought of as dangerous. The one time you f-ed me all up with your songs I was kinda surprised because I had a illithid charm on I think.

Keep doing well by battle My biggest regret with Ghrimriddor was not inducting and cultivating more bards

Jastyna (Anonymous)Tue 06-Mar-12 10:29 AM
Charter member
#106997, "RE: Respect."
In response to Reply #4

No problems. I think that number sounds about right. Someone that can lag you significantly is always going to be tough for a bard, especially if it's in a group fight.

Don't worry about the Ghrimriddor thing too much. You can't control what other people play! Battle bards are great for the cabal to have, but, they just aren't played with a lot of frequency (which is strange because after playing one I think they're pretty great). I think you are usually fortunate to have one around at a time. Now we just happen to have three! That's the way it goes.

Yargy (Anonymous)Tue 06-Mar-12 02:02 AM
Charter member
#106973, "RE: Twist was mean to me."
In response to Reply #2

Props. You and Team Fort brutalized my life ranking up, but you stood out as classy and more solo-oriented than the others.

We had some good fights, and polespecs give me a LOT of trouble(I knew they would when I rolled, believe it or not, but had been out of the game a while and wasn't quite aware how many there were.) That said, I learned a few tricks closer to the end of my life that I believe started to show(I think I won our last few encounters.)

Anywho, you were a pleasure to interact with and fight.

Good luck on your next.

AmberionTue 06-Mar-12 04:14 AM
Member since 06th Jun 2007
945 posts
#106975, "I liked you, even though I raged at you at times..."
In response to Reply #2

... but the first time I saw you I thought: Ooh, an Arrna copy. But then I saw you took enigma. (Arrna was pole/h2h landslide/riddle pre third legacy)

Anyways, great job with this one! Looking forward to something else, but please roll something outside of fort, the powerswings are just insane.

Always shoot first and then call whatever you hit the target.

TMNSTue 06-Mar-12 10:06 AM
2670 posts
#106993, "I've had 4 hero range goodies out of my last 8 chars."
In response to Reply #6

I'm done with goodies They suck (I want to bash who I want to bash dammit!) and are so much weaker PK then evils it's not even funny.

I never held you "slightly raging" against you man. You're pure class other than that so yeah

And yeah, I rolled the build reading old Aeinrez/Arrna logs. I was like "Arrna was a lot better tank than I would have thought" and so viola!

BaerinikaTue 06-Mar-12 08:30 AM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
338 posts
#106978, "RE: Twist was mean to me."
In response to Reply #2

This was a really good char for you. I do apologize, I should have Maran'd you earlier. I somehow missed this big gap between the bumbling guy who took out more of his own cabal than the enemies and then then guy with 250 hours and a bunch of (non good) pk's. Completely my fault.

You started off seeming like you wanted to give my religion a serious go but the start was rocky and I think you got frustrated and gave up too easy. I was sending my followers to chat you up about everything that had been happening and hoping you would go along with it, get a little stronger, come on back ready to throw down but you instead went the other way, which was too bad.

Hope you try out the religion again some time, it was nice having you on our side.
Good luck on your next!

Baerbaer

There will be no white flag above my door. - Dido

Stones taught me to fly
Love taught me to cry
So come on courage
Teach me to be shy
Cause it's not hard to fall - Damien Rice

What doesn't kill you makes a fighter, footsteps even lighter - Kelly Clarkso

TMNSTue 06-Mar-12 10:03 AM
2670 posts
#106990, "Haha. You were great no worries."
In response to Reply #7
Edited on Tue 06-Mar-12 10:04 AM

But! Laesron was not a follower. I do find it funny I went to your shrine and chatted with you more than I did when I actually HAD a follower of yours

Laesron believed that all the Gods of Light deserved equal praise. I did the same for Marcatis a time or two, but you were the "God of Light" that Laesron most actively saw, so he came to you the most. I enjoyed every chat we had (and yes, at about hour 233 I was like 'Maybe I should have gone sphere Courage').

And don't worry about the Maranation. I don't mind dealing with hardships and it made Laesron's RP that much better. Besides, in all honesty, I never got my cool badass kills when you were logged on

Edited to add: I'm all done with goodies, but I'm really leaning towards doing a Rayihn empowered character. Got a really sweet role and it would fit perfectly for that religion. I got finals coming up though so don't expect it until May-ish

RayihnTue 06-Mar-12 10:05 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#106992, "RE: Haha. You were great no worries."
In response to Reply #10

Ah that makes it make more sense. Though, you do know that I also have sphere combat right??

And you don't have to be good to be a quality Ray follower. Far from it, actually, she pretty seriously disdains the "I'm good and want to heal the world!" style role. Evil is so much more fun...

TMNSTue 06-Mar-12 10:08 AM
2670 posts
#106994, "I did not know that somehow :("
In response to Reply #11

Not that it would have changed much, but it might have

And don't worry. Definitely got my good-aligned fix for the next 2 years or so Will be most likely something that murders a lot of people, but with a Rayihn-style flourish

RayihnTue 06-Mar-12 10:15 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#106995, "RE: I did not know that somehow :("
In response to Reply #13

You crack me up man. Sometimes you act even blonder than I do.

DaevrynTue 06-Mar-12 10:17 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#106996, "RE: Haha. You were great no worries."
In response to Reply #11

No kidding. There's a huge untapped well of "I'm evil and I want to heal the world... in a way that makes total sense to me but is actually twisted and evil" roles.

TMNSTue 06-Mar-12 05:18 PM
2670 posts
#107018, "PS I was hoping no one would mention my brutality on Va..."
In response to Reply #7

DAMN YOU

That was ugly. He's the story if anyone was interested.

Dvalygg basically ####ing with me, Vaellron, Veneroth and Perathian (who is off exploring Trothon).

He's coming to the Fort, trying to PWK one of us or sleep us, then teleporting in that snazzy cool power he has.

So I run by the Tara'bal one time, and see Vaellron sleeping there. Naturally, I assume Dvalygg slept him and he hasn't told us anything. I ALSO am really worried that Dvalygg will just PWK him (since sleeping people save really ####ty) so I remove my polearm, send a CB Vaellron I wake you, and vital him.

He had no protections up and I hit him for like 4 MANGLES the first round, and 3 MANGLES the second, and kill him.

Laesron then went to Baerinika's shrine and sat there for 1 RL hour (2 days) and 3 or 4 logins (I'd void out in the shrine...sorry).

Clahier then comes to talk to me (as I had put on quiet and turned off CB) in the shrine, tells me to stop being an emo fag, and to get out there and kick evil ass. I pontificate a while, then decide to suicide myself on a group of 3 evils on the Mount 2 or 3 times Then, I came back I think I was level 45? at the time.

That's why by the way, I never minded my long wait for MARAN. Between that and the fact my PK record hovered at 50% my entire life (except for a bit where it MIGHT have been around 60%) I never really worried about getting MARAN.

KrunkTheOrc (Anonymous)Tue 06-Mar-12 08:58 AM
Charter member
#106979, "Pretty tough yourself..."
In response to Reply #2

My logs say we went 1-0 Krunk vs Laesron, and I know we had quite a few fights, so I'd say neither of us was dominating the other in any way. It is possible I missed a fight or there was a gang that doesn't show up when I grep, but you were always willing to throw down whether you had other forties in tow or not, and that deserves much respect in my book.

Krunk will be happy to have one less pole spec in his life. That is for sure.

GLWYN... Play an orc

OldrilTue 06-Mar-12 09:32 AM
Member since 20th Jan 2011
641 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#106985, "Fought you with a few characters"
In response to Reply #2

With Taeldur you destroyed me one on one, then ganged me, I wasn't a fan of that.

With Jolfyr you fought me solo more often. That time at the Inn when you stunned me I was cursed and knew you'd hit cutoffs if I fled so I spammed heal uncurse and the 2nd one went through and my word did also very low health.

Tough char, GLWYN

IllanthosTue 06-Mar-12 02:46 PM
Member since 14th Oct 2011
274 posts
#107010, "RE: Twist was mean to me."
In response to Reply #2

I saw this coming. I saw this coming a mile away. You were one of the reckless Squires who I could never really synergize with. I.e: Rushing in to the imperial council without sanc or grouping up with me, or pulling me around like a dog on a leash when I have Follow on you, and I'm doing something important somewhere else. You wouldn't flee from the Archmage so I could cleanse your soften/slow unless I asked eight times in group chat, you'd spam rescue on me every time I was brought into combat by something, lagging me to hell... It just didn't really work, and you died a lot as a result.

You came off as a green player to me, based on your choices both in and outside of combat, but I'll be damned if I lose my patience helping someone figure stuff out.

Laesron had a lot of heart, and was as unpredictable for his enemies as he was for his allies. Laes had bursts of badassery punctuated by bumbling jammy-handedness. I was pretty bummed that we were not able to finish your con quest, but c'est la vie. Laes was always ready to mix it up even though he'd probably get his head kicked in - think Yarglen, but less scary.

***Illanthos - I get the feeling you haven't played a lot of goodies or a lot of healers. One or the other. Either way you were awesome, thanks for the patience you had with me, and you were probably the best goodie healer I ever got to travel with (which places you 8th in the all-alignment list hahahahaha)***

This is my first 'serious' attempt at both a healer and an empowerment class. But that being said, you were hard as hell to keep alive. See above.

"Feh"

GLWYN

TMNSTue 06-Mar-12 05:09 PM
2670 posts
#107017, "Two reasons for that :)"
In response to Reply #17

One, Laesron was as gung-ho and fearless as a ####er. Most of the time I did something reckless I made sure I approached the situation completely different the second time. Also, he always thought you'd be better off keeping other, less stouter folk alive (such as the pansy elves mwuahahaha) so I never wanted to ask you for any type of healing unless you were sitting there twiddling thumbs

Two, I've been lucky enough to play with some awesome healers. Don't take this as too harsh criticism, but if I have to ASK you to heal me or give me sanc, you're probably ####ing up

Again, you were awesome and I'm glad I got to travel with you as much as possible. Good luck with the "flock"

IllanthosTue 06-Mar-12 05:23 PM
Member since 14th Oct 2011
274 posts
#107019, "RE: Two reasons for that :)"
In response to Reply #18

You were one of the Squires I grumbled about running AWAY from me when I was trying to heal/sanc you. You were all over the place, and I'm not going to chase you down when I have other people to manage.

I get the loose cannon thing, but it puts me in a difficult position as a support character.

Iepnier (Anonymous)Wed 07-Mar-12 10:56 AM
Charter member
#107035, "RE: Twist was mean to me."
In response to Reply #2

You certainly did have my number. With progging polearms and landslide, there was very little I could do to you short of an assassination, and due to reasons I shall not get into here, I grew disinclined to see you dead. I was astonished to see you had con died. Did you suicide on dragons? It seemed as though the Fortress had been tripping over itself to find someone to fight let alone for you to die to. GLWYN

TMNSWed 07-Mar-12 10:59 AM
2670 posts
#107036, "I think I lost 6 or so CON in a one week period."
In response to Reply #21

Had like 5 or 6 mob deaths in there.

I took some stupid odds too (and here you say 'What? You always had odds on your side' and I say 'Not really'.

Liked you.

TeslineWed 07-Mar-12 07:39 PM
Member since 25th Jun 2010
582 posts
#107048, "Wow I cant believe you remember fighting Forid."
In response to Reply #2

That was my first necro. I got you once or twice you were the only one I ever had trouble fighting with him. I wish we got to fight again. GLWYN I remember you having to protect my characters before. It is good to have atleast been a threat to you now.

I've got a single #### to give...and it's just for you.

Vallinane (Anonymous)Thu 08-Mar-12 12:44 AM
Charter member
#107060, "Glad you enjoyed yourself as much as I did."
In response to Reply #2

I had a lot of fun running with Laezy, and I think we had some really quality interactions. That nickname in particular was a stroke of true genius. I was also a big fan of the whole squire seeking knight thing you had going in your early years, and I actually recently thought to try to push you to take it to the next step and look for a squire of your own to mentor. Alas, it was not to be.

I learned long ago that Fortress can get deadly boring unless you can make your own entertainment, and I think thats part of what Vallinane set out to do. I hope I livened things up for you a bit, and I hope you don't hate me for cracking some of those incredibly terrible jokes that I just couldn't resist.

I noticed your weird PK thing, too. Sometimes you'd do just fine, play your cards like a vet and act pretty close to flawlessly. Other times you'd just charge on ahead heedless of all consequences, away from the group, or do something else that was really silly, and I'd just be shaking my head, wondering what you were thinking. I couldn't decide if you were a vet or a newbie, though knowing who you are now I'm leaning towards a shamanman style vet

Well, either way, I think Laesron was a bit underestimated when it came to PK prowess due to that silly inconsistency, but a very solid maran overall. He was also a great friend, and he will totally be missed.

P.S. Very sad, all the best nicknames in the Fort are deleting on me.

TMNSThu 08-Mar-12 12:39 PM
2670 posts
#107097, "Well, Shamanman is my mentor so..."
In response to Reply #24

But yeah.

Mostly that's because this is a game. If I ####up and die because I was holding a periapt when I attacked someone, oh well, I got looted and died

I wouldn't be shocked if sometimes people who watch think two different people play my characters I always get comments like "Sometimes you were badass, sometimes you were retarded" so...yeah.

I loved Vallinane for the exact reasons you claimed. You made being logged on to a horrible (in a good way) range fun when normally I would have wanted to kill myself.

PS I still succeeded in your mission in my eyes

Maussiffin (Anonymous)Fri 09-Mar-12 11:24 AM
Charter member
#107152, "Hey, You Remembered Me!!"
In response to Reply #2

I hardly even remembered myself... Hence I really didn't even make a goodbye posting on my Auto. I rolled Maussiffin in a down time in my life (working at a Ski Area, with no snow, then got a storm that dumped two feet in 2 days) that turned into a #### show amount of hours.

Anyways, I loved rolling with Laesron. I never had any of the support character problems with you, but that was probably because I had a very similar approach to playing, run into the council room as a sub-40s mage et all and to hell with the consequences.

GLWYN

Jammenon (Anonymous)Sun 11-Mar-12 03:57 AM
Charter member
#107196, "I'm going to miss you!"
In response to Reply #2

Dude, you were awesome. You were always up for exploring, looking for fights, collecting stuff or whatever. You were always up for doing something and it wasn't boring being with you. You talked! It might be an odd thing to point out, but most people are in strait pk mode and it lacks the fun arpee stuff. Not you! The only thing lacking was my available playtime, it was not enough. I still am trying to find more time, and I assure you I eventually will. Good luck with your next move and thanks so much for playing this super sweet game! Miss ya buddy!

p.s. I still can't believe how well our search went. Thanks again! *wink*

Tairneach (Anonymous)Mon 05-Mar-12 09:57 PM
Charter member
#106968, "Well Crap"
In response to Reply #0

Was hoping I'd be able to see you when you went out. Had some good times, really enjoyed the character. GLWYN hope to interact with one of your chars again soon.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #106967 Previous topic | Next topic