Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Kragg the Warlord of the Grinning Skul..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #106915
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 03-Mar-12 04:04 AM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17192 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#106915, "(DELETED) [None] Kragg the Warlord of the Grinning Skulls"

Sat Mar 3 02:00:54 2012

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Kragg perished, never to return.

Race:orc
Class:berserker
Level:50
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:152

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Goodbyes, Kragg (Anonymous), 05-Mar-12 11:24 AM, #3
Reply Where's mine?, Alvorax (Anonymous), 05-Mar-12 12:06 PM, #5
Reply RE: Where's mine?, Kragg (Anonymous), 05-Mar-12 12:47 PM, #8
Reply Dawwww, Vallinane (Anonymous), 05-Mar-12 12:22 PM, #6
Reply RE: Dawwww, Kragg (Anonymous), 05-Mar-12 12:54 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Dawwww, Kragg (Anonymous), 05-Mar-12 03:48 PM, #11
Reply Respect., Laesron (Anonymous), 05-Mar-12 01:13 PM, #9
Reply RE: Respect., Kragg (Anonymous), 05-Mar-12 02:38 PM, #10
Reply You'll be missed..., KrunkTheOrc (Anonymous), 05-Mar-12 05:54 PM, #12
Reply You were my favorite orc when I was Chief., Gralog (Anonymous), 07-Mar-12 03:22 AM, #13
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Kragg the Warlord of the Grinning ..., Kragg (Anonymous), 05-Mar-12 10:57 AM, #2
Reply *sigh* Muzgash sad now., Muzgash (Anonymous), 03-Mar-12 04:34 AM, #1
     Reply RE: *sigh* Muzgash sad now., Kragg (Anonymous), 05-Mar-12 11:34 AM, #4

Kragg (Anonymous)Mon 05-Mar-12 11:24 AM
Charter member
#106956, "Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

SHORT goodbyes I am sure to leave many out but in my A.D.D state I forget things alot. Just drop a line and I will try to fill it in as we go along.

Demiero: Thanks for the good times. You were one of the few people that actually ended up getting along with me. I looked forward to our fights as much as tagging along to try and crunch on some others. I think just about everytime we got at someone you were the one to seal the kill and gank it away from me heh.

Zynzyn: We had a bit of fun. Didn't interact a whole lot, but those times we had you to summon out those hiding in their cabals was fun. Kinda seems like you were happy to be a orc user in the sence that you need some firepower and then would call on us.

Barzahbee: Probably spelled wrong. Man you were tough. When I finally managed to drop you I was so happy I pee'd a little bit You atleast were classy and would take me on alone. Thank you for the times. You were my best enemy.

Marans in general: Wusses, Gutless, Spineless panzies. The whole paladin wrath thing was a b*tch and a half. It still boggles my mind that you can cast that commune as fast as a sword warrior can jab. Bloody commune should cost 250 mana if you can cast it that fast!

Vozimir: Now that I've read some other threads and realize your RL obligations it makes more since why you were there then gone. Always made me giggle that when your arm got broke you were instantly gone.

Laesron: Had some respect for you when we were younger and you tried to take me on, but in the end you ended up being a panzy just like the rest of em and were more then happy to run clean up. The few times I actually managed to slay somebody you were always there trying to take me out before I even got a chance to check their corpse out.

Vallinae: Probably spelled that wrong but hey. You were the worst of all of them. For a thief that could knock someone out and truss them up as easily as you could, you sure were not willing to try to take me on alone even when I didn't have a weapon in hand you were still always calling warriors and healers to lend a hand. You need to grow some pride boy, do something yourself Was still fun though.

Orcs!: Hey Gralog! I kept that Arctic Fury my whole life! Thanks for the times. Krunk, Gerbronk, Mreklau and the rest thanks for the times as well. If it were not for the clan having a quasi presence I might not of even stuck it out for the short time I did. I hope to see the day when the clan has the overwhelming numbers the other cabals do and see what kind of chaos the clan can cause then. I hope my insignificant presence helped make the clan more entertaining for some of you anyways.

Probably forgetting a whole slew of others but I'm not real big on goodbyes. Drop a line and I'll try to get to you.

I know my responses to some of you characters are very negative (Specially towards you marans), BUT THE FACT of the matter is you still enriched my characters life and it wouldn't have been the same without you there to torment me! I always tried to guard corpses and very very rarely took anything, even coins. In the end I hope some of you had a appreciation for that atleast.

Any immortals have some input on how I did? I know I spazzed out a lot (and I appologize) and probably made myself look bad more often that I looked good, sometimes my agitation just gets the best of me. I'm still curious what some of you thought.

LONG LIVE THE FIELDS!

Alvorax (Anonymous)Mon 05-Mar-12 12:06 PM
Charter member
#106958, "Where's mine?"
In response to Reply #3

Well that was a little rough saying that about all the Marans.

First, I can't count the number of weapons I've lost to you and other orcs but it is likely over 40. This largely due to fighting you all solo(Often/not always).

You and many other orcs around the same level are a tough fight. I'd come prepped and get, mob bash, grapple, then perma bashed dead, rather often. This wouldn't matter if I carried 300 or 500 lbs and was enlarged or picked up an item designed to help with bash deflection. Also getting hit with cheap shot when you miss, and feeling savage feeding? So even if you miss I still take lag from the shot.

The degree of your defense ability astounded me also. You took blows on par with me, which still blows my mind.

Another huge thing was the 8 hit flurries you would land against me, when I would throw mine. wtf? You'd also react to a riposte if I recall. I lost my logs recently so I can't say that is for certain.

I don't think I've landed a hero range orc kill solo and I've tried a lot! I'll not go too far into a rant though and will close by saying.

All around, I'd say you were very deathful in my experience, I don't know much for RP, cause.. What is a Storm giant gonna say? Luck with whatever is next.

Kragg (Anonymous)Mon 05-Mar-12 12:42 PM
Charter member
#106961, "RE: Where's mine?"
In response to Reply #5
Edited on Mon 05-Mar-12 12:47 PM

We had some fun, but didn't actually get to come to blows with you too often. I think you were probably one of the ones that actually managed to land blows on me with the most force, and thats through stone skin, iron skin, and shield. The flurries I managed to react to and get a couple retaliations in, but they still generally were the skill that sealed the deal. There were a few times I snapped your arm, but those times I missed boy it stunk. I generally was dead before I even had a chance to start spamming flee flee flee! Heh. All in all I will omit and give you credit that you did have some bawls and gave a good show.

Gave an edit to say the amount of time I put into perfecting my defenses was ridiculous. Dodge teetered on 99% for probably 125 hours before I managed to gain perfection and that 1% made a hell of a lot of a difference.

Vallinane (Anonymous)Mon 05-Mar-12 12:21 PM
Charter member
#106959, "Dawwww"
In response to Reply #3
Edited on Mon 05-Mar-12 12:22 PM

And after you caught me off-guard that one time and killed me from full health in two bashes, or after that other time where I missed the garrotte and instantly died to you without getting a second command in?

I figured you'd realize by now that elf thief vs orc axe-wielder with iron weapons that he can't parry isn't a favorable matchup at -all-

I've died so many times to orcs, it isn't even funny. Heh.

Every garrotte against an orc was a risk - if it failed, I had zero chance of winning and a huge chance of dying. And trying to fight you without garrotte wouldn't even be a contest, unless I had several others nearby to assist me. I dare you to try soloing orcs with an elf thief and see how well you do in my place =P

That being said, I thought Kragg was one of the cannier orcs, and a good enemy to fight, and it's unfortunate that he's gone. I regret that you didn't have a better experience with the Fortress, but I think that's more a question of cabal design, and a topic for another thread entirely.

In any case, see you in the fields and good luck with your next.

Kragg (Anonymous)Mon 05-Mar-12 12:30 PM
Charter member
#106960, "RE: Dawwww"
In response to Reply #6
Edited on Mon 05-Mar-12 12:54 PM

True story. You were still my very dangerous with those holy weapons of yours and you always always seem to catch me when my flight failed. There was several times I thought escape was ensured then flight fell and WHAM-O dead. You had a uncanny knack for catching me when I wasn't ready. Like I said I gave all of you marans grief, but it would have been the same with out you.

And most of time I didn't use axes on you I used maces!

Kragg (Anonymous)Mon 05-Mar-12 03:47 PM
Charter member
#106965, "RE: Dawwww"
In response to Reply #7
Edited on Mon 05-Mar-12 03:48 PM

Missed that before my edit period was up, but at the end there I meant to say it wouldn't be the same without you not would. Begs some pardons.

Edited because I can't bloody spell!

Laesron (Anonymous)Mon 05-Mar-12 01:13 PM
Charter member
#106963, "Respect."
In response to Reply #3

Though, I will say, killing Qiirvas and then you back to back in a 1 minute span got me MARAN, so thanks?

I fought (and killed) you alone a few times, but yeah, I'm never just going to walk past the orc who just brutally murdered a squire. Also, you did threaten to full-loot me if you ever killed me so yeah, I killed you in cheap ways a couple of times, but that's life.

Good luck with your next.

Kragg (Anonymous)Mon 05-Mar-12 02:38 PM
Charter member
#106964, "RE: Respect."
In response to Reply #9

You were one the few I learned not to try and hack your arm. You switching to hands after I snapped your hands in half just erked me out because you still hit so bloody hard with the hand specs. The threat to loot you was after I was standing there guarding a corpse and you came in with the healer trotting behind you and then thought you had good reason to loot me after I was guarding the marshalls corpse. Miffed me right out, but alas I never was able to live up to my threat. What surprised me though I could go toe to toe with your in decent style without hacking your hand. I should have broke your leg, but the again I'm not the most brilliant tactician in the basket

Good times though, good times

KrunkTheOrc (Anonymous)Mon 05-Mar-12 05:54 PM
Charter member
#106966, "You'll be missed..."
In response to Reply #3

Krunk was even contemplating plans for you, but alas, you are gone and so is that opportunity. The best part of roving hordes of fortmens is waiting until you can get one off by themselves and murdering their faces off. It can make the hour you just spent pinballing around Thera and skulking through caves to avoid their gang totally worth it.

Hope you come back to the clan someday, it can be fun, but is a tough road to hoe at the best of times, and current CF climate is far from the best of times for an orc.

Gralog (Anonymous)Wed 07-Mar-12 03:22 AM
Charter member
#107031, "You were my favorite orc when I was Chief."
In response to Reply #3

Funny story, I was driving down a west Texas road and crossed a another road named Krag and though to myself "What a great orc name!" the you showed up like the next week.

I could tell you knew more about Orcs then I did (Gralog was my second) and appreciated your skill in imparting knowledge in a way that felt appropriate for a younger orc addressing a chief. I actually expected you to take chief from me (nothing against Mreklau), but your ranking was a bit slower than Gralog had time to hang around for and Krunk was just hitting hero ranks anyway when I deleted.

Kragg (Anonymous)Mon 05-Mar-12 10:57 AM
Charter member
#106955, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Kragg the Warlord of the Grinning ..."
In response to Reply #0

I had intended on rocking this character until the wheels fell off but in the end I lost the will to play Kragg. The fortman horde broke my will to live! I completely agree with Demiero's assessment of how the fort plays with their currently players, like a bunch of wusses. It AMUSED me deeply that I would challenge one of them to a fight only to start up then have thieves come and knock me out and truss me up (Demon in the woodpile was dissapointing on that front) and I ended up dealing with three or four of them at once.

I took it upon myself to be a quartermaster of sorts for the clan after the "Me orc, orc strong, me smash" RP didn't play out the way I had hoped. Hopefully all that running around and putting mass amounts of gear in the pit helped some of your orclings out.

Playing a mamlauk was entertaining in a way and no so great in a great deal of ways. Their skills are awesome in concept, but far far too slow to recover from. By the time you initiated any skill like hack or such they were long gone by the time you recovered. Perhaps as a way to make them a but more functional since their skills take so long to recover from and miss pretty frequently would be to make whomp knock people on their asses a bit more often or increase their percentage of success?

A short goodbyes thread will follow.

Muzgash (Anonymous)Sat 03-Mar-12 04:34 AM
Charter member
#106916, "*sigh* Muzgash sad now."
In response to Reply #0

It was nice having six actual hero-range orcs around for awhile. Sadly, that's looking like days of the past. Sorta disappointed that you didn't like that big hammer after we both lost like 2-3 con down there trying to find it for you! Ah well, come back something orc-friendly!

Kragg (Anonymous)Mon 05-Mar-12 11:34 AM
Charter member
#106957, "RE: *sigh* Muzgash sad now."
In response to Reply #1

The Skullripper was actually a awesome hammer, but being a smash weapon it didn't really have enough UMPH! for me, so I rarely used it. Just something about smash, everything seemed to resist it. Even using a beating type hammer that was 14 pounds lighter than it seemed to work out better. But hey we found the bugger eventually. Couldn't keep two determined orcs down.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #106915 Previous topic | Next topic