Subject: "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Atracius the Legend of the Battlefi..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #106764
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 28-Feb-12 12:36 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17193 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#106764, "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Atracius the Legend of the Battlefield"

Tue Feb 28 10:32:43 2012

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Atracius perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:211

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Bye bye birdy, Atracius (Anonymous), 28-Feb-12 12:59 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Bye bye birdy, Fjarn, 28-Feb-12 01:53 PM, #2
     Reply Thanks for the kind words, Atracius (Anonymous), 28-Feb-12 05:12 PM, #8
     Reply Atracius was a big help and a good friend, Salyeris (Anonymous), 28-Feb-12 02:07 PM, #3
     Reply Hopefully our final banter was taken as roleplay!, Malraech (Anonymous), 28-Feb-12 02:10 PM, #4
     Reply Yeah, I was pretty sour after those deaths, Atracius (Anonymous), 28-Feb-12 05:12 PM, #9
     Reply Respect, KrunkTheOrc (Anonymous), 28-Feb-12 02:31 PM, #5
     Reply Geww forgot about you, Atracius (Anonymous), 28-Feb-12 05:14 PM, #10
     Reply No worries, Rayihn, 28-Feb-12 02:33 PM, #6
     Reply It wasn't hard at all, Atracius (Anonymous), 28-Feb-12 05:15 PM, #11
     Reply RE: Bye bye birdy, Jastyna (Anonymous), 28-Feb-12 02:47 PM, #7
     Reply Thanks, Atracius (Anonymous), 28-Feb-12 05:17 PM, #12
     Reply RE: Bye bye birdy, Yargy (Anonymous), 28-Feb-12 07:01 PM, #13
     Reply I really enjoyed our talk and fight afterwards., Onya (Anonymous), 28-Feb-12 07:03 PM, #14
     Reply Link Dead Withdrawl..., OldTimer, 28-Feb-12 09:18 PM, #15
     Reply I really, really liked this character, Mauz (Anonymous), 28-Feb-12 11:54 PM, #16
     Reply RE: Bye bye birdy, Qush (Anonymous), 29-Feb-12 03:20 AM, #17
     Reply RE: Bye bye birdy, Ghafler (Anonymous), 29-Feb-12 12:09 PM, #18

Atracius (Anonymous)Tue 28-Feb-12 12:55 PM
Charter member
#106765, "Bye bye birdy"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Tue 28-Feb-12 12:59 PM

Thanks to everyone I interacted with, Arial/sword/dagger/tempest/landslide. People had some negatives views of this character, which was baffling to me considering what I have played in the past and my views on honor/parity etc.

In the end, I probably should have taken whirlwind or soul instead of landslide, but thats probably my jealous "wish I got more PKs" out of it. Turns out driving people into cranial/pincer/Salyeris meant just pushing meat into the grinder but not getting the sausage.

Tempest=Was pretty awesome once you hover around 50-70 saves normally. Never was slept by Dvaylgg rarely spells went through, also reduced the amount of damage I took from Cersee.

Landslide=Pretty great legacy for separating groups, driving people out from inners, only downside is on an Arial its so-so, lots of failed drives led to my death, on a giant I imagine its the ####.

I would like to issue an apology to a few players and Rayihn. there was a high level of snarkyness that came out once in a while, not sure why. Rayihn slapped me on the wrist for it once, Qush got it after he wrote a note to battle (Salyeris then slapped me around). If I short, or a jerk, I'd like to apologize. I'm normally pretty good about that stuff but for some reason I unleashed the beast a few times.

Battle:
The Rites were amazing as always, unfortunately, I was at a severe disadvantage because of my build/bloodthirst and the way others were stacked up. I was shocked there wasn't 1 giant with crashing/greeting, they would have won the whole thing hands down (Tousil).

Fjarn: Man I picked the wrong time to follow you. on top of that, I couldn't find your damn shrine, then when you gave me a hint, I died twice. The first interaction was just so poorly done on my part. I literally sat there afterwards questioning my mental capacity. The second interaction was much better, too bad I was already on the way out.

Saly: Glad you got Commander, head and shoulders above everyone. you helped me out, taught me a lot and even slapped me around when I was being a jerk. I think that makes a great Commander in my book.

Iepnier: Wasn't a huge fan of you, then you got the crown of leadership and you really took off. The drills were a great way to incorporate other villagers. Keep on trucking.

Mauz: I think you got the brunt of my "thank god im almost con dead, yet still pissed I died" attitude. I really liked you and you were always kicking the crap out of people. I don't think many people in the Village knew about how bad ass you were till the Rites and till I raided with you a few times.

Lohakahn: I get it, I know what you are trying to do, we had that talk, but honestly man, cool the jets. Pretty sure everyone dislikes you IC and OOC. you were a monster so that is expected, but some of the moves you pull are suspect, I think I saw the worst and probably the best out of you. What bugs me, is when you are helping others (like Qush) or other stuff, you are a boon, then other times... Anyway, good luck getting Mageslayer.

Xazz: Man, your snide ass comments when I died almost made me go through the roof. Sometimes it is indeed hard to indicate where/who you are fighting as you are getting raked to death by a flying lion and flurried by a dwarf. Then you'd slap a bandage on me at the EXACT moment I needed it and all was forgiven.

Nexans:
Solec: God I despised your forms. It was unreal once you figured out the tricks with manticore. If there is one thing I hate in CF, its getting porc'd. The manticore alone wasn't scary, but coupled with the porcupine you were just nearly impossible for me to take down if you had barrier up. There always seems to be one character that is my kryptonite and you sir were it.

While I hated the forms, you were always raiding/defending and you really helped Nexus out. If it wasn't for you and Puhguly before you, they'd really be in the crapper right now.

Ghafler: I know you were salty about your last death, but I hit you what? Twice? Then you ran around the eastern as I sat there an died to Lohakahn.

Cersee: Hated you. Always had barrier. Just because I put an item in the pit, doesn't mean someone else can't use it. you seemed in shock that someone looted you after we all died on the Island and everyone lost a few pieces. I think you tried to RP with me once or twice but I am pretty sure you were drunk.

Randos:
Yarglen: Good luck, that's about all I can say to that .

Thyndden: Man I wanted to kill you sooooooo bad. But you always escaped, nearly dead, then I'd eat some horrible death to you and someone else.

Rindros: Man I'm pissed I forgot to turn wimpy off in the mountains, probably would have died but ooooh well.

Anyway, starting a new job, probably work my tail off, I'll try and come back when I can.

FjarnTue 28-Feb-12 01:53 PM
Member since 03rd Jun 2008
173 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#106767, "RE: Bye bye birdy"
In response to Reply #1

Yeah, sorry about that. I did watch you some when you might not have expected it. You're right, our first interaction was kind of meh. But I've always been a fan of character growth, and Atracius really seemed to have found a good interpretation of the religion there toward the end. I hope the immxp wasn't too much of a booby prize, I got labelled a hippie for being so generous.

I'm glad you stuck with it, even though my times were so limited. Atracius was really starting to grow on me as he evolved.

Atracius (Anonymous)Tue 28-Feb-12 05:12 PM
Charter member
#106780, "Thanks for the kind words"
In response to Reply #2

The Imm exp was great. I wish I had more time because I have a really cool idea for your religion, guess I'll have to try it out later on.

Salyeris (Anonymous)Tue 28-Feb-12 02:07 PM
Charter member
#106768, "Atracius was a big help and a good friend"
In response to Reply #1

I truly enjoyed travelling with you and just watching you wade into almost battle. Certainly not my style as a bard scout since I'm about as tough as wet paper for some people, but I tended to think with you and I we could keep the head secure against most any group.
Turns out, five was a bit excessive even for us, crappy way to go out but hey, we don't get to pick how we go out in CF

And I'll say you were a bit of a hard ass in regards to others at times, but that's perfectly okay in my book. Salyeris is just anything but a hard ass though, but I think you did actually help me a bit in that regard. Being Commander is odd when you have all these other characters your friends with IC and all the sudden you have to keep an eye on every little thing everyone does and have way too many people in your ear about who does what.

That I scolded you over CB was really just my way of trying to let people in the cabal know I could be a hard ass, even if it is rare. Was nothing personal, I really liked Atracius in every way, and I don't recall ever hearing anything bad about your char.

Hope to see you back maybe when things settle down.

Malraech (Anonymous)Tue 28-Feb-12 02:10 PM
Charter member
#106769, "Hopefully our final banter was taken as roleplay!"
In response to Reply #1

I felt a bit of frustration from your part but thought it was a interesting talk. We've had some good fights...most of the time you'd kick my ass really (Geez, finding wands is tough as hell y'know!) so I'd be meat. Never died to you I think. You never died to me too though (Other than that time on eastern where the guard got you (And that time I wasn't alone)

Hopefully you'll be back, you seem like a cool guy! Take care!

Atracius (Anonymous)Tue 28-Feb-12 05:12 PM
Charter member
#106781, "Yeah, I was pretty sour after those deaths"
In response to Reply #4

But thanks for the fights. Good luck, you have an awesome combo.

KrunkTheOrc (Anonymous)Tue 28-Feb-12 02:31 PM
Charter member
#106771, "Respect"
In response to Reply #1

Found you to be a good enemy, and even when you got rolled a couple times in fairly short succession, you were classy about it. I think early on I might have seen some bleed-through frustration, but nothing that soured the character in my book.

Krunk found you one of the most frustratingly difficult to fight villagers and you were always willing to fight which looped back into the first part made for some interesting times. Hope you enjoyed it. Good luck with whatever is next.

Atracius (Anonymous)Tue 28-Feb-12 05:14 PM
Charter member
#106782, "Geww forgot about you"
In response to Reply #5

How could I? I think the craziest death was at the Island when you rushed around and took out Lohakahn and I, that was pretty crazy.

I don't think I got you, but came ever so close, you were difficult to fight and if you landed bashes and retreat I was toast if I failed a drive. I am shocked there aren't more orcs rolling around trying to imitate you.

RayihnTue 28-Feb-12 02:33 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#106773, "No worries"
In response to Reply #1

We all lose our tempers. I didn't think I slapped you too hard, just wanted to remind you that there wasn't shame in losing, I thought they were brave to bring the fight to you guys, and everyone needs a pick me up once in a while. Your response was perfect, and completely restored my respect in the char.

Atracius (Anonymous)Tue 28-Feb-12 05:15 PM
Charter member
#106783, "It wasn't hard at all"
In response to Reply #6

It was a good little slap on the wrist, I was being INCREDIBLY smug at the time.

Jastyna (Anonymous)Tue 28-Feb-12 02:47 PM
Charter member
#106774, "RE: Bye bye birdy"
In response to Reply #1

I guess you telegraphed that this was coming last night with some of your comments after you died. I really like Atracius. You definitely were one of those people you could rely on in a raid situation. I actually think I felt you to be more reliable than you did me.

For instance, I felt awful you ended up dying in the Steppes that day against the Imperials we went after. I wasn't sure if you remembered how to get out of the bottom level and, forgetting I was probably sneaking, stepped through to go outside hoping you would see me and follow me. Next thing I see you back next to the Imperials, so I run all the way around hoping to get there and not leave you out in the wind. By the time I did, you had done a hell of a job against them, but, it was too much.

Thanks for taking the time to explore with me too. I had fun.

Best of luck with the new job and everything. Maybe we'll see you again soon.

Atracius (Anonymous)Tue 28-Feb-12 05:17 PM
Charter member
#106784, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #7

I try and not rely on other people in a raid situation, I've learned that if you focus too much on what others are doing or not doing, you are probably gonna screw something up. I don't mind hashing it out after or before, but during I figure people typically know better than I do, what they need to do.

That time on the steppes was my own stupid fault. I started panicking and couldn't find the way up, then they jumped on me and I tried to take a few out. Thankfully you got out, that would have made me feel terrible if you didn't escape.

Thanks for the exploring time, I'll need to learn rescue just for the dragon tower again

Yargy (Anonymous)Tue 28-Feb-12 07:01 PM
Charter member
#106786, "RE: Bye bye birdy"
In response to Reply #1

You were tough as hell. Like..wow. Granted, duergar axe/spear doesn't match up the best with bloodthirsting arial dagger/sword. But still....damn. Even fatigued, you parried/dodged well enough that if I came at you with imperial offense on + axes I usually just killed myself due to the extra number of attacks and thus your extra number of returned attacks.

You were quite the monster.

Onya (Anonymous)Tue 28-Feb-12 07:03 PM
Charter member
#106787, "I really enjoyed our talk and fight afterwards."
In response to Reply #1

I was prepped pretty hard core for that fight and you won. Impressive. After that I pretty much left you alone, it was kind of a respect thing from Onya. Anyways, the only way to play a rager is to con die, so in that you were a complete success in my opinion. GLWYN.

OldTimerTue 28-Feb-12 09:18 PM
Member since 20th May 2007
46 posts
#106795, "Link Dead Withdrawl..."
In response to Reply #1

I always thought this was a stand up character, but our last interaction confirmed that. When I lost link and you fled from the fight when you realized... that scored you some style points.

Good luck with the new job... we'll see you when the itch starts up again.

Mauz (Anonymous)Tue 28-Feb-12 11:54 PM
Charter member
#106803, "I really, really liked this character"
In response to Reply #1

I was always, always super glad to see you log on because you were an incredibly solid presence all the time. I never got a hint of snark from you.

Here's where I apologize.

I have very strong feelings about what it means to be a Villager. As such I don't think that simply because a certain situation allows ganging an enemy that it necessitates ganging an enemy. Knowing you were a Berserker follower of Fjarn, I gave you an even wider margin when it came to these situations.

So, you fought Bolvik in the Ruins as he attempted to regain the Head and I stood there and watched and you died. Despite my absolute certainty that you would win the fight without help, you fell and I felt extremely bad about it. Then they ganged me down. I felt legitimate, deserved IRL shame when certain comments were made over CB. I didn't know that you were slowed and he was hasted and I'm sorry for that.

Then you got angry and went and solo killed him at his Inners! That was amazingly badass and proved beyond a doubt that you were more than capable of some remarkable stuff.

When all was said and done, I think there were several lessons to be learned that night. So, thank you. That was some bittersweet CFing right there.

You'll be missed. Come back when you can.

Qush (Anonymous)Wed 29-Feb-12 03:20 AM
Charter member
#106807, "RE: Bye bye birdy"
In response to Reply #1

Liked you the first day you responded to the note. And Thanks again for helping me, it was very good for me.

GLWYN

Ghafler (Anonymous)Wed 29-Feb-12 12:09 PM
Charter member
#106810, "RE: Bye bye birdy"
In response to Reply #1

You were a solid opponent sad to see you go and yea i was having a rough day and it irritated me when loh jumped in on a fight that wasn't his no anger at you your toon was solid and well done.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #106764 Previous topic | Next topic