Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Gotrell Beardless the Legend o..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #106323
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 15-Feb-12 05:16 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17193 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#106323, "(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Gotrell Beardless the Legend of the Battlefield"

Wed Feb 15 15:13:53 2012

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 25th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Gotrell perished, never to return.

Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:132

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MoggemanFri 17-Feb-12 04:57 AM
Member since 11th Nov 2007
8 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#106358, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Gotrell Beardless the Lege..."
In response to Reply #0

Main reason i deleted was that playing CF is to much fun, and it is hard to play a good char at CF and at the same time trying to attain a "Master of science in Electrical engineering"
But when i get some time off i'll make another char.

Last character i played was Zhalindra or Lhiana, and that was quite along time ago, so my knowledge of the areas was more or less gone, however it was interesting getting a deja vu experience every time i entered an area

First i created an arial imperial "Azcien" to just get a feeling for the game again. Empire was more or less dead so that was not fun.

Thus i created Gotrell, the Beardless dwarf. I wanted to try out maces, and after playing an arial i wanted some health, and add to that not playing a goodie since my first char ever in Thera. And that char (Elvam) was around the time Zorszaul scurried around in the fields.
So a goodie goodie dwarf with maces was a new challenge for me.

With my fancy mobile broadband connection (1 bar out of 5) i get around quite nicely in 1v1 situation, but whenever there are groupfights i get heavy lag spikes, therefor my participation in such situations were quite embaressing

I have played 3-4 orcs in my days, and while trying to adapt to the dwarf speech i naturally fell into a light version of my old orcs. And after a while i just said, #### it, i'll go with my light orc version instead.

I enjoyed playing in Fortress, didn't really want to go up to hero seeing as there are so many Fortress heroes already.
But everytime i logged on i got all of those "can you harm etc etc" and then they took a cabal item and i had to spend my online time sitting at the Fortress guarding the Maran, so i got those extra titles afterall.

I always try to have something unique and fun with my characters, well most of the time atleast, and with Gotrell i had fun writing my little notes to the Fortress.
Most players never practices pen or the likes, and still write notes. I wanted to show everyone how a real illiterate dwarf got around, signing with the classic illiterate "X" at the bottom
Hope i added some entertainment with them atleast

One must say his farewells else he is a rude bastard, so here goes:

Laesron: Gotrell's BFF for sure, you were always there for me, getting me roots, money, equipment (kick ass polearms), you name it, you got it for me And i don't even know you irl. Thanks a bunch!

Illanthos: You play an excellent healer, always there for everyone. Always enjoyable playing alongside someone who holds so tight to his role.
I could never play such a warm character as you do.
Keep it up!

Vallinane: Well played char, you were dangerous and nice, i was wondering if you would ever start using some nickname for me as you did with all the rest, but it came in the end

Eachainn: You played a good Captain, if it weren't for you i would never had ran around with gold all the time, and preps

Veneroth/Elanya: Didn't interact alot with the two of you, but i fought you with Azcien and i knew you were strong. Always fun to talk with someone you fought with another character

Arngrum: Hate/Love relationship, Gotrell didn't like you at the start seeing as you were a kin. And our little clash over the CB weren't that beautiful either But it fitted into Gotrell's role atleast, and i never wanted you to get booted, so Gotrell swallowed his pride and befriended you. Well that and i had the chance to write a note that most people would read

Enemies:

Zantala: Hehe man it was boring to sit on watch against you in the Fortress, you could always summon me and get the jump on me.
Sure was fun when you decided to let me know that you were going "to sleep"

empire shaman who made it to imperial priest: Man it was annoying to fight you, knowing that you would maledict the hell out of me, and if it got bad for you, you would just word out and come back. Well played, but i got you once atleast

Villager Fire "weaponbreak" spec:
It was annoying fighting you when you would just break my weapons, but i found a mace of air and could fight you normally atleast. Got you once or twice, then you got bloodthirst and it was not as interesting fighting you anymore

Godfather Kip: Hehe, man i wanted to take you down, but you were slippery as hell I died of laughter when i first tried to attack you, you hid and stole my mace. Then you told me "your mace is at the market square". Humiliating and fun at the same time, well played

Foratha: I didn't have enough strength to fight you evenly, and you were so much faster than me it was ridiciolus. I gathered two high average mithril maces and a ####load of dmg roll just to fight you
You have inspired me to play a dex warrior again.

I have forgotten a bunch of you, but if you are interested in my opinion in your character, or just want to talk some about the weather etc. etc. Just mail me, or drop a reply here.

Thanks to the imm who gave me my lastname, don't know how i deserved it, but thanks a bunch!

/the man who goes by the nicks of Moggeman and Muggebugge
morganask@yahoo.se

RayihnFri 17-Feb-12 06:53 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#106360, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Gotrell Beardless the Lege..."
In response to Reply #1

It's really hard to stand out in Fort right now, they are so so many great characters, but you did pretty well considering you didn't really have much of a religion.

I'm not familiar with your past chars, but I'm glad you played Fortress and really hope you do it again some time.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #106323 Previous topic | Next topic