Subject: "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Rijafta the Warden of the Winds" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #106028
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 06-Feb-12 02:08 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17194 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#106028, "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Rijafta the Warden of the Winds"

Mon Feb 6 12:05:50 2012

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 14th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Rijafta perished, never to return.

Race:svirfnebli
Class:ranger
Level:45
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:132

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DallevianMon 06-Feb-12 03:59 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1639 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#106037, "You were actually pretty tough in the 30s."
In response to Reply #0

Not surprised by knowing the player now. I underestimated you on two characters.

Were you not an explorer?

trewynTue 07-Feb-12 09:14 AM
Member since 04th Jan 2005
269 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#106062, "I was."
In response to Reply #2

I had never played a tribunal
I had never played a svirf ranger (not doing that again)
Never been a cavern dweller
Never been an explorer

That being said, the explorer expertise is very very hard to kill. Add in that I picked the edges to make me hard to kill. I had the two herbalist edges and I had just gotten the trap detection edge for the wilds, which seemed to not really improve my chances. But let's list the list.

Tend wounds = no bleeding (Foratha, this is why you were largely ineffective against me)
Resilience = no poison
(Even the mummy had a hard time getting poisons and scourges on me and generally stopped attempting it when he slept me.)
Thanks Garm for helping me to perfect it early. FWIW, those wasps are resisted with a save vs poison. Once resilience got perfected, your wasps almost never slowed me. Got stuck occasionally but never enough to let you catch up to me.)

The at home wild time for an explorer starts at 50%. I believe it's like 60 or 70% for all the rest. (That was what I figured with Grecken, who also had wild time issues due to defending and hunting). As a druid, losing my wild time wasn't so bad. Got a bunch of utility herbs instead of what I wanted and the herbs I picked lasted 40 ticks less (which was actually kinda handy), but sunray still did the damage it was supposed to. With a ranger, neh uh. I thought I could deal with the slow camo, but losing my creep, even in caves... bleh.

The caverndweller stuff all fires off in the spire, so it's good for defense. But the complete lack of usable commands in PK makes the offense kind of suck. Bear charge would never lag anyone for more than a partial round and they were usually lagged more than that from something they did. Though I never kept yellow roots around (the name conflicted with my detect chaos scrolls which are also yellow AND bought in Arkam. First town I checked, first store I checked, first item I checked. Oh yeah, I'm good.)

Garm (Anonymous)Tue 07-Feb-12 07:25 PM
Charter member
#106069, "Re: I was."
In response to Reply #4

I'd have liked to fight more with you but it seemed to me that
you never really committed, since you'd flee at 50-60% health most
of the time.

Given that i couldn't really do unpredictable WTFCRAZYDMG to you,
nor lag you, nor surprise you with my skills (god knows i tried) you came off as a bit conservative. GLWYN.

trewynMon 06-Feb-12 02:29 PM
Member since 04th Jan 2005
269 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#106029, "Done."
In response to Reply #0

I lost my wilderness time and serpent strike isn't going to land me any kills.

If I spend two ticks out of the wilds I lose my fast camo and my ability to creep. Bean counting a character that already has so much stacked against them just isn't fun. I also can't separate Rijafta's personality from the one I am playing now, so it would be only a moment or two before both characters fell apart. Since I am enjoying the new guy much more than Rijafta, it's bye bye Rijafta.

Nivaen (Anonymous)Tue 07-Feb-12 06:48 AM
Charter member
#106061, "See ya.."
In response to Reply #1

The few fights we had were fun.. As I mentioned
I didn't see either of us falling unless some made
a big mistake!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #106028 Previous topic | Next topic