Subject: "(DELETED) [NEXUS] Puhguly Forgestoke the Ugliest Mug an..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #105934
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 04-Feb-12 09:00 AM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17194 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105934, "(DELETED) [NEXUS] Puhguly Forgestoke the Ugliest Mug and Pug of the Island, Rhyme of Resistance"

Sat Feb 4 06:57:59 2012

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 29th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Puhguly perished, never to return.

Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:603

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Seemed like, Mhag (Anonymous), 09-Feb-12 01:11 PM, #42
Reply RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Puhguly Forgestoke the Ugliest Mu..., Jhap (Anonymous), 07-Feb-12 07:31 PM, #41
Reply RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Puhguly Forgestoke the Ugliest Mu..., Daevryn, 06-Feb-12 01:08 PM, #40
Reply RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Puhguly Forgestoke the Ugliest Mu..., Ghuljun, 05-Feb-12 06:22 PM, #36
Reply Glad we could tangle, Atracius (Anonymous), 05-Feb-12 05:00 PM, #35
Reply Just when we started to battle!, Jastyna (Anonymous), 05-Feb-12 10:24 AM, #33
Reply RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Puhguly Forgestoke the Ugliest Mu..., Mreklau, 05-Feb-12 05:47 AM, #32
Reply It's a pity you didn't take me up on the Knight to Squi..., Laesron (Anonymous), 04-Feb-12 10:31 PM, #31
Reply RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Puhguly Forgestoke the Ugliest Mu..., Faru (Anonymous), 04-Feb-12 09:50 PM, #29
Reply Enjoyed our fights, Bolzhor (Anonymous), 04-Feb-12 09:00 PM, #28
Reply RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Puhguly Forgestoke the Ugliest Mu..., Ghafler (Anonymous), 04-Feb-12 02:38 PM, #16
Reply My little brother in arms so to speak, Puhguly, 04-Feb-12 06:16 PM, #22
Reply A drink for the departed., Iepnier (Anonymous), 04-Feb-12 01:36 PM, #10
Reply Great assassin, very classy, Puhguly, 04-Feb-12 01:55 PM, #14
Reply And so it ends., Puhguly, 04-Feb-12 10:34 AM, #5
Reply One of the greatest characters I've ever experienced., Solec of WillowWood (Anonymous), 04-Feb-12 12:56 PM, #8
Reply Sorry to leave you rather high and dry..., Puhguly, 04-Feb-12 01:54 PM, #13
Reply You might've hated bash..., Vallinane (Anonymous), 04-Feb-12 01:30 PM, #9
Reply Hopefully I didn't make your life too annoying., Puhguly, 04-Feb-12 01:52 PM, #12
Reply RE: And so it ends., GarwernPally (Anonymous), 04-Feb-12 01:48 PM, #11
Reply I said it before, I'll say it again., Puhguly, 04-Feb-12 01:56 PM, #15
Reply Well, your bash/flurry did work on me! (Better than it ..., Foratha (Anonymous), 04-Feb-12 02:39 PM, #17
Reply Very good character, Twist, 04-Feb-12 05:22 PM, #18
Reply Means a lot coming from you, Puhguly, 04-Feb-12 06:15 PM, #21
Reply Honestly that is respectable lasting with while annoyed..., Tesline, 04-Feb-12 05:44 PM, #19
Reply Surviving rot was easy, Puhguly, 04-Feb-12 06:13 PM, #20
Reply RE: And so it ends., N b M, 04-Feb-12 08:14 PM, #23
Reply My arch nemesis, Puhguly, 04-Feb-12 08:40 PM, #26
Reply Heh, Rayihn, 04-Feb-12 08:20 PM, #24
Reply I appreciate the kind words, and I love me some Nexus, Puhguly, 04-Feb-12 08:38 PM, #25
     Reply That's the best way to do it, Rayihn, 04-Feb-12 08:44 PM, #27
Reply Gotta respect the dwarf, Ghrondel (Anonymous), 04-Feb-12 10:27 PM, #30
Reply RE: And so it ends., Odrallag, 05-Feb-12 12:22 PM, #34
Reply RE: And so it ends., Wouso (Anonymous), 06-Feb-12 12:23 AM, #37
Reply SBC Stamp of Approval, Cyradia, 06-Feb-12 09:11 AM, #38
Reply Just a great, inspiring character, Donderston (Anonymous), 06-Feb-12 12:00 PM, #39
Reply Boooooooo!, Rolas (Anonymous), 04-Feb-12 10:22 AM, #4
Reply We had a lot of good fights, Puhguly, 04-Feb-12 10:37 AM, #7
Reply Uggh dude... n/t, The-me, 04-Feb-12 10:05 AM, #3
Reply Really? REALLY?! , lasentia, 04-Feb-12 09:47 AM, #2
Reply You were a huge help in everything, Puhguly, 04-Feb-12 10:35 AM, #6
Reply Ouch, such chars shouldn't delete nt, MRSK, 04-Feb-12 09:10 AM, #1

Mhag (Anonymous)Thu 09-Feb-12 01:11 PM
Charter member
#106142, "Seemed like"
In response to Reply #0

The build you had was pretty sweet, on previous characters I had to go to extraordainary lengths to keel you, all those HPS that Dam roll mmmmm nize. Lacking in options though I agree.

As for the Mhag/ Puhg dynamic I think I said it all in game and totally did not expect you to die in that situation, or delete (Didnt know you too were waiting for the right time).

T'was an honor battling at your side man

Jhap (Anonymous)Tue 07-Feb-12 07:31 PM
Charter member
#106070, "RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Puhguly Forgestoke the Ugliest Mu..."
In response to Reply #0

oh man. now its even less fun. i miss my dwarfrilla friend.

DaevrynMon 06-Feb-12 01:08 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#106025, "RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Puhguly Forgestoke the Ugliest Mu..."
In response to Reply #0

It may go without saying that I liked this character, as evidenced by my somewhat cluelessly attempting to give you an edge that Rayihn already had some time before.

GhuljunSun 05-Feb-12 06:21 PM
Member since 11th Sep 2003
51 posts
#106002, "RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Puhguly Forgestoke the Ugliest Mu..."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sun 05-Feb-12 06:22 PM

I agree with everyone in saying that this was a solid character. I had alot of fun fighting you. I agree it was not an ideal build however you made it work pretty well. Soooo dam good at disarming others, between that and solec changing shapes made life a real pain in the ass. To engage solec I needed to access different weapons, however if I fought you I needed to use cursed weapons. . . and I fought you two a couple of times = pain in the ass. That extended invasion of the village involving you and solec was one of my favorite moments with this character so far. You will be missed.

Atracius (Anonymous)Sun 05-Feb-12 05:00 PM
Charter member
#106000, "Glad we could tangle"
In response to Reply #0

I had/have a lot of respect for someone who can play a dwarf sword at hero. I know at the beginning we had a rocky start, I think during one of our long drawn out fights, we really started to get a mutual respect for each other. I think you did a great thing for the Island. Good job, hopefully you will return to the game soon.

Jastyna (Anonymous)Sun 05-Feb-12 10:24 AM
Charter member
#105992, "Just when we started to battle!"
In response to Reply #0

You were a very cool and classy enemy. Not only that you were very tough. Congratulations on an obviously very successful and long lived character. I was looking forward to more fights with you!

When I read your post on Talanus's death thread I was thinking to myself - ####, this guy is gonna eat my lunch when I get into hero range. I was happy that I didn't die to you, at least.

Have fun with your next incarnation!

MreklauSun 05-Feb-12 05:47 AM
Member since 13th Oct 2011
155 posts
#105989, "RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Puhguly Forgestoke the Ugliest Mu..."
In response to Reply #0

I had a level of respect for you IC, and found the fights we had an interesting match up and from my end your legacy choices were extremely effective. But one thing with an orc is there is a large amount of diversity to choose from tactics wise outside the whole bash bash bash route and eventually thats how I managed to get you. I was totally stoked when I finnaly got you but it was alot of work and a large amount of luck that got me there. Big props for being willing to bring it alone.

GLWYN

Laesron (Anonymous)Sat 04-Feb-12 10:31 PM
Charter member
#105987, "It's a pity you didn't take me up on the Knight to Squi..."
In response to Reply #0

Would have made some really interesting moments, I am sure.

I really enjoyed our relationship. While I didn't like any Nexus characters, I sure respected almost all of them. I feel that's the best way to deal with Nexus as a Fortress char.

I honestly hated going against you though. You hit like a truck and even though I could enlarge to get around the bash bash thing, you still tore through me and much of the Fort when we battled.

Great job. Something to be proud about.

Faru (Anonymous)Sat 04-Feb-12 09:50 PM
Charter member
#105985, "RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Puhguly Forgestoke the Ugliest Mu..."
In response to Reply #0

The last few weeks I haven't been able to play much, and when I was able to get back to it I was pretty excited that you were still around, and then I log in this morning and you are no more.

You took me places I had never seen in the game, so thanks for that. Your solid presence is something to be commended.

Well done, and GLWYN

Bolzhor (Anonymous)Sat 04-Feb-12 09:00 PM
Charter member
#105984, "Enjoyed our fights"
In response to Reply #0

Good times. I think you got me a few times solo and in group v. group. I almost had you that one time in the village when I logged in if I recall, you two were raiding, thirsted at the outer and you somehow got by or did I get you? I can't remember but I remember Puhguly was tough and showed up rain or shine and always had one or two swords I was trying to get

Ghafler (Anonymous)Sat 04-Feb-12 02:38 PM
Charter member
#105961, "RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Puhguly Forgestoke the Ugliest Mu..."
In response to Reply #0

Now why did you go an do that. I wish ya was still around ta help me out. My favorite person ah have came across yet, and one of the best warriors I have seen around. Ya brought the isle a long way i hope this does nah have tha effect on it ah think it will. GLWYN

PuhgulySat 04-Feb-12 06:16 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2011
197 posts
#105977, "My little brother in arms so to speak"
In response to Reply #16

Dwarf sword is a rough rough rough go, especially in Nexus. You seem to be getting the hang of it, but it is a very steep learning curve. If you can stick it out, you are gonna be a game changer for sure.

Iepnier (Anonymous)Sat 04-Feb-12 01:36 PM
Charter member
#105954, "A drink for the departed."
In response to Reply #0

When the calm serenity before the battle
displaces thoughts of death
in the faces of our foes
we can only hope to see our own eyes staring back,
for then we know the fight will be good,
and whoever dies
will have died with honor intact.

Your absence will weigh heavy upon friend and foe alike.

PuhgulySat 04-Feb-12 01:55 PM
197 posts
#105958, "Great assassin, very classy"
In response to Reply #10

Arial assassins had my number, every single time. Sooooo frustrating. Keep up the good work. Battle has a lot of very talented folks in it right now.

PuhgulySat 04-Feb-12 10:34 AM
197 posts
#105943, "And so it ends."
In response to Reply #0

I would like to start this by saying that I would greatly appreciate it if you kept any useless trolling and flaming from my death thread. I also would love to take any and all constructive critiscism that is avaiable, so do not hesitate to share.

I had quite the love hate relationship with Puhg. I loved playing the character I created. I had a great time interacting with people, and all the things that I did with him. He was my first leader, my first titled character, my first imm rewarded char. Basically he was the first out of an obscene number of characters I've played that actually accomplished anything of note.

I hated the build that I made for this char. Pk was quite frustrating to me. Bash, even with greeting on a dwarf is slightly above bad. Sadly it was my "best" choice 90% of the time because sword doesn't really offer tactics. Also, sword is terrible for the same things that make it great. I could not rationalize using my hand spec much because I tanked worse, and lost a lot of dmg and riposte etc. So I kind of forced myself into this bash flurry build with below average bash and below average flurry. If I ever find myself looking to make the sword bash machine, it will be a giant for sure.

I was on the brink of deleting this character since about lvl 49 when I realized just how much I hated the build I made for myself. However, the fine folks in Nexus made it so enjoyable to be the character that I stuck with it for way longer then I ever would have thought. I tried to take Nexus down what I felt was the best in the long run approach. Hopefully other people also actually enjoyed the approach I used.

I wanted to last until an age death with this character. I also did try to use the few pieces of +age gear I knew to push it into an age death, it didn't work. The last little bit became a chore to log into the character. The frustrations of the build and the absolute lack of support during my play times was getting to be too much. I was very close to breaking character and bleeding my player frustrations through way to many times. Also, with there being a new vote for Rhyme, I figured this was just the perfect time to call it quits.

There have been so many great and amazing characters that I had the pleasure of interacting with over the course of this character. Instead of trying to ramble off such a long list, I will gladly respond to any replies to this thread with something slightly more personal to the character. I do however have two people in particular that I have to thank first and foremost:

The player of Gdot. You were the single most influencial character in Puhg's life. If it wasn't for you, I would have deleted long ago and missed out on a lot of great things.

The other is RayBaer. I as a player have a really hard time knowing how to approach talking to an imm. You made it quite relaxing, and easy. I cannot stress enough just how great everything that you helped me with made me feel, and I hope that I didn't disappoint you.

Thanks again to everyone for everything, and I hope that you all got as much pleasure out of this character as I did.

Solec of WillowWood (Anonymous)Sat 04-Feb-12 12:56 PM
Charter member
#105952, "One of the greatest characters I've ever experienced."
In response to Reply #5

Extremely well done. By far, one of the greatest characters I've ever experienced. And by far, the greatest dwarf I've ever come across. I just enjoyed your roleplay, and your characters take on life and the Island.

We were the complete opposite in the beginning. You seeking war and taking the offensive front. Me seeking peace and mediation. I think we did an awesome job together.

My only con about the experience. Is that whenever you lead, I became lazy. And I'm sorry for not paying attention at times, not doing what I should have at times, and walking you into deathtraps at times.

Solec of WillowWood

PS. If not for you and Whiysdan, I would have deleted 300 hours ago.

PuhgulySat 04-Feb-12 01:54 PM
197 posts
#105957, "Sorry to leave you rather high and dry..."
In response to Reply #8

All the stars just seem to be aligned for me to call it quits right now though. I remember the first time I ever talked to your char. I couldn't help but laugh because you came off like a shrink, trying to get inside my head. Glad I didn't ever disappoint you with it all and I hope that you can keep trudging along.

And yes, learn to pay attention when you aren't leading. That drove me bonkers.

Hoy!

Vallinane (Anonymous)Sat 04-Feb-12 01:30 PM
Charter member
#105953, "You might've hated bash..."
In response to Reply #5
Edited on Sat 04-Feb-12 01:30 PM

But it sure raped me over and over again.

My only defense against bash specs is really to garrotte them before they see me and prepare for me, but because of the whole Fort-Nexun relationship, especially with religious restrictions, I could almost never swing the kind of situation that I needed to take the advantage.

Consequently, I think you were the only basher who I couldn't really kill back after you killed me, despite me putting a horrifying amount of effort into it that one login. Gah, I was so mad back then. Soooo mad. Thanks for not hating me

Was a pleasure seeing you around, and a shame to see you finally gone. Well played and good luck with your next.

PuhgulySat 04-Feb-12 01:52 PM
197 posts
#105956, "Hopefully I didn't make your life too annoying."
In response to Reply #9

The whole Fort Nexus dynamic was the one that was most difficult for me. Especially since I felt like a Fort player shouldn't ever be on good terms with Nexus. Hopefully through all the efforts I put into warning/respecting the Fort made it more bearable.

That one log in was.... Well, I should have died at least twice, but your allies made my life easy. Keep up the great work with your char.

GarwernPally (Anonymous)Sat 04-Feb-12 01:48 PM
Charter member
#105955, "RE: And so it ends."
In response to Reply #5

Our interactions weren't nice, and they weren't pretty, but they were solid and I thought you were an exceptional character. You kept a level head about you, which is something I've always thought would be rather challenging when playing a nexan.

I interacted you briefly with an assortment of other characters as well, though I think Garwern was easily the most long-lived character that interacted with you the longest.

Sadly I can't recall any individual memories of us that really stick out but I did want to give you kudos for sticking with a stressful cabal for as long as you did, with a character that was as solid, enjoyable, and good for the game as Puhguly was.

PuhgulySat 04-Feb-12 01:56 PM
197 posts
#105959, "I said it before, I'll say it again."
In response to Reply #11

Garwern was everything I thought a dwarf paladin should be, and a great char. Glad you enjoyed mine as much as I enjoyed yours.

Foratha (Anonymous)Sat 04-Feb-12 02:39 PM
Charter member
#105962, "Well, your bash/flurry did work on me! (Better than it ..."
In response to Reply #5

We only faced eachother twice ever.

First encounter: Dwarf! Attack! I hamstring, tank like a god, retreat to go for the hurl torso etc etc, return, miss the hurl torso, gets bashed for 2 horrible rounds where your riposte eats me up, then you hit a 7 hit flurry or so and I'm dead.

Second encouter: You + Mhag vs what? 4-5 outlanders? Nothing glorious about it.

Anyways, I've interacted and fought with and against you with 3 characters now. Awesome interactions and fights. A shame to see you delete, I was certain you'd stay for the age-death.

Keep it up! Chars like this is what makes CF so amazing.

TwistSat 04-Feb-12 05:22 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#105972, "Very good character"
In response to Reply #5

I gave you a Nexus edge (I think) relatively early because you were sticking with it so well, and I was like "once this guy hits x number of hours, I'm totally giving him a third legacy."

Then I was like "Ok, time for a 3rd legacy, what should I give him?" and it turns out someone already had.

PuhgulySat 04-Feb-12 06:15 PM
197 posts
#105976, "Means a lot coming from you"
In response to Reply #18

Yeah, I got magic's might pretty early on, which was awesome. At some point later on, another imm threw me a nice work on cb and tossed me the same edge. I was about to send up a thank you pray for it, then they realized I already had it.

Not quite sure when I got the third legacy, or what it even did, but it was awesome for the imms to feel like I was worth rewarding. I really do appreciate everything that the imm staff does, and I think that the playerbase needs to be better about singing praises instead of just crying foul.

TeslineSat 04-Feb-12 05:44 PM
Member since 25th Jun 2010
582 posts
#105974, "Honestly that is respectable lasting with while annoyed..."
In response to Reply #5

With the characters i fought you with it was always a pain. You played very well. GLWYN I understand how annoying trying to play a dwarf sword/hand spec can be. I am curious though how did you manage to survive rot with -con so easily?

I've got a single #### to give...and it's just for you.

PuhgulySat 04-Feb-12 06:13 PM
197 posts
#105975, "Surviving rot was easy"
In response to Reply #19

For most of the char's life, i was at max con through gear. Hell, I even started adjusting gear as con dropped to get more con.

N b MSat 04-Feb-12 08:14 PM
Member since 29th Sep 2005
444 posts
#105978, "RE: And so it ends."
In response to Reply #5

I can't laud enough compliments over you. This character was a joy to face even if he could perma lag me and drop 50% of my hp with one solid flurry whenever he wanted! The role play was exceptional in victory and defeat. You always tried to retrieve no matter the odds and most times were successful. You were one of the few enemies I would have gone to bat for if you actually took up my offer to come to the village (meaning I would have done everything in my power to see a hut built for you if you actually swore off magic)

Man, you are what makes cf fun!

Akedeh

PuhgulySat 04-Feb-12 08:40 PM
197 posts
#105982, "My arch nemesis"
In response to Reply #23

Your build trumped mine in every aspect. If I could get everything to fall into place perfect, I would have a shot. And that would be me landing a few ripostes a round, landing 2 good bashes and a full 8 hit flurry. Even then, I would be hard pressed to get you. If I thought I was a better rper, I would have tried to come battle, but its not in me to betray the idea of a character I had for so long.

RayihnSat 04-Feb-12 08:20 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#105979, "Heh"
In response to Reply #5

I'm most of a bottle of wine into this goodbye BUT:

"You there, come up with a title that's better than this stupid ass title that I came up with you"

"I LOVE that stupid title!!"

"####."

Thus you became the MUG & PUG.

Loved this char, easily one of my top Nexus leaders. Don't worry, your plans will get uploaded, I just need to get off my lazy butt and do it, and also semi-waiting for more Nexus Library Submissions. I'll try and get it in this week. And you know what that means? It means you need to play more Nexus to see it.

Good luck on your next, I'm so glad to have had such a quality player lead one of my cabals. Should have been part of my religion, Raytat would have made Puhg unstoppable.

PuhgulySat 04-Feb-12 08:38 PM
197 posts
#105981, "I appreciate the kind words, and I love me some Nexus"
In response to Reply #24

It is my favorite cabal. I as a player know very little about interacting with imms, and even less about what tattoos do what. When I saw Zorg with your tat and what it did I was like wtf?! The powergamer in me already made note of that for when it would be applicable.

Thanks again for everything. If I ever would have thought I could get a title, I would have put more thought into it. Maybe I should have went with Gdot's suggestion and been the Bearded Wonder.

Also, from the imm side of things, do you have any pointers for me as a player to help improve my quality?

RayihnSat 04-Feb-12 08:44 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#105983, "That's the best way to do it"
In response to Reply #25

I love having someone RP with me who isn't old hat at my religions (Baer, since I'm the default paladin god is that worst about this) and can offer a fresh perspective, who finds things new and exciting, and actually might be interested in exploring religious connotations. Tattoo's should be a pleasant surprise, not something expected.

So, next time I challenge you to try a religion. I'm not calling you out for mine, just think you need to try one in general.

Ghrondel (Anonymous)Sat 04-Feb-12 10:27 PM
Charter member
#105986, "Gotta respect the dwarf"
In response to Reply #5

At one point I was like, nah. Don't loot the Dern armor, he uses it soo much better.

I've never been dismantled quicker than a greetings dwarf with a porcupine tanking... It's like bashing me into punji sticks. Dirty 'ol bastid! HAR!

All in all, it was fun being your foe. Very classy and respectful. Thanks for the fun times.

OdrallagSun 05-Feb-12 12:22 PM
Member since 18th Nov 2011
46 posts
#105996, "RE: And so it ends."
In response to Reply #5

Great fights! A good and classy enemy all around. Enjoyed our RP, and appreciated how you handled looting. It was refreshing to hear what I like to think of as an "old-school" perspective (although it could be rose colored glasses of course). I enjoyed fighting you over almost anyone else, because each of our fights could have gone either way, and you forced me to really be on my game. I don't think I'll ever like Nexus, but you were a standout. GLWYN and how about you roll a villager.... Haha.

Wouso (Anonymous)Mon 06-Feb-12 12:23 AM
Charter member
#106005, "RE: And so it ends."
In response to Reply #5

Ahhh...POPS!

Heh

Really had fun interacting with you and frankly those interactions are a large part of why I havent retired Wouso. Sooooo many nexuns right now, and I hate being part of the upswing for too long. Don't know whats going to happen now...no Granny, No Pops, just Solec and I never gave him a family title!

Anyways, great character all around, you sure lsted a long time and set your stamp on things.
More later when I do my own death thread.

CyradiaMon 06-Feb-12 09:11 AM
Member since 26th Jan 2005
163 posts
#106010, "SBC Stamp of Approval"
In response to Reply #5

I ran into this character mort-side (with a few inconsequential characters) and was always really impressed. Great leadership, great presence. Two thumbs up.

Donderston (Anonymous)Mon 06-Feb-12 12:00 PM
Charter member
#106022, "Just a great, inspiring character"
In response to Reply #5

As imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I'm sure you realized even way before the end of Puhguly that you were one of the most liked characters out there. I mean not only nexus was doing well in numbers but there were so many dwarf sword specs running around! Seemed like there were a couple months of time where every single Nexus warrior had sword as at least one of their specs. I'm sure some like me were coincidences, but maybe not subconsciously!

I'm upset that my play times have been awful for the past month and I wasn't able to meet up with you very often. I think that - good times or bad - you were the type of leader everyone wants to play under. Holds their own in pk, isn't anal about inductions and shares knowledge and tactics readily.

The game is lessened by Puhguly no longer existing, but believe me when I say I can understand your frustrations (being a very similar build that can't even bash). Also, Nexus logins are always on the extremes - either nothing to do and everything is balanced, or needing to do 10 things at once while you're missing the key and have 4-5 villagers looking for you. I can see how it could become a chore for you if you often had to face the latter situation with no help. Adversity is fun, but only when there's hope of making progress.

Again, it was a great experience playing alongside you, and I hope you continue to have as much of a positive impact on the game in the future.

Rolas (Anonymous)Sat 04-Feb-12 10:22 AM
Charter member
#105941, "Boooooooo!"
In response to Reply #0

Under different circumstances I think Puhg and Rolas would have been great friends. Being a dwarf it just wasn't possible. Out of all of my enemies or semi enemies you were my favorite and most respected. I really expected you to age die. A relief that you are gone, but your presence will be sorely missed.

PuhgulySat 04-Feb-12 10:37 AM
197 posts
#105946, "We had a lot of good fights"
In response to Reply #4

You were one of the few outlanders who didnt just auto hate me for being a dwarf, which was refreshing. You were open to discussion and politic talks and everything. Keep doing a good job running the Tree, it is in good hands with you at the helm.

The-meSat 04-Feb-12 10:05 AM
Member since 14th Jun 2011
333 posts
#105940, "Uggh dude... n/t"
In response to Reply #0

nt

lasentiaSat 04-Feb-12 09:47 AM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105936, "Really? REALLY?! "
In response to Reply #0

603 hours. Damn amazing Rhyme. And you didn't just stick it out for age/con death? I have to say I'm a little surprised. Hell, find a few + age pieces and force the age death if you wanted to go out.

Allysia would have come back and smacked you for not finishing it out til the very end.

But all that aside, as to the char, just absolutely stellar. A much much better Rhyme than I ever was, and you certainly came into your own while I was still alive to the point that I knew me being gone wouldn't matter at all cause you were the new pillar of the Island and I was just the grumpy old person in the corner.

I enjoyed watching you come into your own as the Rhyme, was great watching you transition from a nervous and occassionally second guessing yourself leader to a confident go kick some ass dwarf.

Hope to see you rolling out in the fields again soon.

PuhgulySat 04-Feb-12 10:35 AM
197 posts
#105944, "You were a huge help in everything"
In response to Reply #2

From the development of the character to the things you showed me. It was nice to have such a competent ally to run with. Not sure if I had a chance to interact with anymore of your chars or not, but I hope I get to in the future.

MRSKSat 04-Feb-12 09:10 AM
Member since 06th May 2008
204 posts
#105935, "Ouch, such chars shouldn't delete nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #105934 Previous topic | Next topic