Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Vaellron the Grand Master of A..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #105932
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 04-Feb-12 08:24 AM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17194 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105932, "(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Vaellron the Grand Master of Artistry"

Sat Feb 4 06:22:32 2012

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 26th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Vaellron perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:120

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I keep inducting them, they keep deleting., Illanthos, 04-Feb-12 03:34 PM, #2
Reply RE: I keep inducting them, they keep deleting., Vaellron (Anonymous), 04-Feb-12 04:07 PM, #3
Reply RE: I keep inducting them, they keep deleting., Kayalza (Anonymous), 04-Feb-12 05:42 PM, #5
     Reply RE: I keep inducting them, they keep deleting., Illanthos, 04-Feb-12 08:27 PM, #6
          Reply RE: I keep inducting them, they keep deleting., Vaellron (Anonymous), 05-Feb-12 05:47 AM, #7
Reply This is real gay., Vallinane (Anonymous), 04-Feb-12 12:26 PM, #1
     Reply RE: This is real gay., Vaellron (Anonymous), 04-Feb-12 04:49 PM, #4

IllanthosSat 04-Feb-12 03:34 PM
Member since 14th Oct 2011
274 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105964, "I keep inducting them, they keep deleting."
In response to Reply #0

I wish they'd stop deleting.

I sensed you were new, and gave you a few crash courses in support, preparation, and team combat. As you were one of the most active Scribes, I was really trying to groom you for Acolyteship, discussing the subtleties of our role, but now you're gone and that's all for naught.

You were pretty funny, and had a really interesting role that I wanted to expand on. Contrast is wonderful.

GLWYN

Vaellron (Anonymous)Sat 04-Feb-12 04:07 PM
Charter member
#105967, "RE: I keep inducting them, they keep deleting."
In response to Reply #2

I want to thank you deeply for the time and effort you put into me. And I wasn't fresh to acolyteship as I was Thevara the Acolyte monk paladin and Yuzxra the Maran Monk Paladin. I was however very new to the fact of trying to heal and protect people with less of the utilitarian moves granted to paladins and healers. This is where knowledge of staves, scrolls and preps came in and that's where I lacked. I'm sorry to have deleted on you I was really going to go all the way with this character just for the fact that acolytes where slim to none, but than I began to lose interest.

Kayalza (Anonymous)Sat 04-Feb-12 05:42 PM
Charter member
#105973, "RE: I keep inducting them, they keep deleting."
In response to Reply #2

Vaellron=Kalyalza I didn't want to leave you in the way I did but I could not make a invoker work out as an acolyte...seems not a bard either. Healers and paladins it is

IllanthosSat 04-Feb-12 08:27 PM
Member since 14th Oct 2011
274 posts
#105980, "RE: I keep inducting them, they keep deleting."
In response to Reply #5

Bard Acolytes can pull off some crazy things that Healer Acos can only dream of. Unfortunately, Bards don't really get anything out of Spiritual Link. It'd be pretty neat if non-priest Acolytes got something spiffy instead, just like Maran mages get Fierra'rogra Aegis, instead of zeal.

Vaellron (Anonymous)Sun 05-Feb-12 05:47 AM
Charter member
#105988, "RE: I keep inducting them, they keep deleting."
In response to Reply #6

I agree the fortress has to much of an upswing right now for it to be enjoyable, at least for me. I promise to be back with a char that does not delete in the process. Until than continue to instill in others what you instilled in my char.

Vallinane (Anonymous)Sat 04-Feb-12 12:23 PM
Charter member
#105950, "This is real gay."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sat 04-Feb-12 12:26 PM

Just kidding, I meant bi.

The Good: I liked your RP, had me in stitches of real laughter a couple of times and provided a lot of interesting conversations with allies. Even though Vallinane didn't know how to handle you (I couldn't think of an IC response that wouldn't have led to being even gayer than you) I really enjoyed some of our sillier conversations. And you getting into that silly verbal joust with Cersee just a day or two ago was particularly entertaining.

The Bad: I hated hated hated hated the fact that you never once used the staff of return to save people you really could have saved (myself occasionally among them). I didn't think your tactics were bad, per se, but I thought you weren't very aware of your teammates. I also feel bad about this, though, because I wasn't being very fair - was mostly comparing you with Teriseta and Llae and a few other earlier fort bards who were a bit more experienced to boot. So I probably took out some extra frustration on you, more than you really warranted. Sorry. It's really a small complaint, though, so don't let it get you down.

Overall, I thought Vaellron started out a bit flat and then developed into quite an interesting, outgoing goofball character, and I was looking forward to see where you went with it. I thought you were the most promising of the recent scribes, too, so I'm sad to see this deletion.

Vaellron (Anonymous)Sat 04-Feb-12 04:49 PM
Charter member
#105970, "RE: This is real gay."
In response to Reply #1

Cf can be black and white at times and I thought it would be fun to make a "gay" twist to this character and bring players out of their comfort zone. It was nice because Vaellron is an elven character (goodie) with a very sinful outlook on life. Which was suppose to be overcame before hitting acolyte. I thought a lot of the book Dorian Dray through this characters life. In all honesty Vaellron was an experiment to see how romantic elven bards worked after playing to epic nexun bards salvamash and savarna. I enjoyed it but felt that with the overpowering swing in fortress there was not as much to do as in my previous days when I played Thevara and Yuzxra. And I ultimately got bored. I'll be back to the fortress soon but after this cycle dies out and a new one starts again. You were fun and VERY accepting of my RP and I loved that. Many of the fortress lose the essence of RP which is the very factor that keeps people around. My favorite char to date and time period was Thevara with Caerdryn Angynn and you guys. I learned alot and experienced alot with that character and that is what has made the fortress my favorite cabal. Thanks again and I hope to see you soon.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #105932 Previous topic | Next topic