Subject: "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Tontik the Unearthed Caudata, Drill..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #105881
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 06-Feb-12 02:48 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17194 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105881, "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Tontik the Unearthed Caudata, Drillmaster of Battle, Smith of the Noldarian Forge"

Thu Feb 2 21:17:55 2012

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 34th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Tontik perished, never to return.

Race:svirfnebli
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:411

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Kudos character!, Callad (porcupine/tiger) (Anonymous), 07-Feb-12 02:12 AM, #73
Reply Shifters should always do this: Name (form/form) n/t, Homard, 07-Feb-12 09:32 AM, #74
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Tontik the Unearthed Caudata, D..., Cyradia, 06-Feb-12 07:24 AM, #36
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Tontik the Unearthed Caudata, D..., Tontik, 06-Feb-12 09:58 AM, #49
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Tontik the Unearthed Caudata, D..., Nreykre, 06-Feb-12 10:15 AM, #38
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Tontik the Unearthed Caudata, D..., Daevryn, 06-Feb-12 10:34 AM, #39
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Tontik the Unearthed Caudata, D..., Cyradia, 06-Feb-12 10:44 AM, #40
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Tontik the Unearthed Caudata, D..., Daevryn, 06-Feb-12 11:12 AM, #42
     Reply I don't think so..., Cyradia, 06-Feb-12 11:31 AM, #43
Reply One quick thing, Tontik:, Malakhi, 06-Feb-12 10:58 AM, #41
Reply You get this., TMNS, 06-Feb-12 01:10 PM, #47
Reply Grow up and dust your hat off man. Nuff said no topic, Khacan (Anonymous), 06-Feb-12 11:42 AM, #45
Reply In her defense, she deals with a lot of ####ty players., TMNS, 06-Feb-12 01:07 PM, #46
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Tontik the Unearthed Caudata, D..., Daevryn, 06-Feb-12 02:34 PM, #48
Reply Been following this, but there seems to be a lack of cl..., Gaspar, 06-Feb-12 03:13 PM, #53
Reply RE: Been following this, but there seems to be a lack o..., Daevryn, 06-Feb-12 04:34 PM, #55
Reply Words describing events, Gaspar, 06-Feb-12 07:18 PM, #58
     Reply it's your near-incomprehensible syntax and grammar. I d..., blackbird, 06-Feb-12 08:14 PM, #63
          Reply To this day, scholars are still unclear on the translat..., Gaspar, 06-Feb-12 09:12 PM, #66
Reply RE: Been following this, but there seems to be a lack o..., Oldril, 06-Feb-12 07:22 PM, #59
Reply RE: Been following this, but there seems to be a lack o..., Rayihn, 06-Feb-12 07:40 PM, #60
Reply Thank you!, Gaspar, 06-Feb-12 07:47 PM, #61
Reply RE: Thank you!, Cyradia, 06-Feb-12 09:01 PM, #64
     Reply Re: PBF comments, Gaspar, 06-Feb-12 09:09 PM, #65
Reply glad you can post stuff that was never said and the res..., Tontik, 06-Feb-12 09:36 PM, #67
     Reply Back to my lowbie comments from Argivo's thread...., Oldril, 06-Feb-12 10:34 PM, #68
     Reply RE: Gemnax, Gaspar, 06-Feb-12 10:41 PM, #69
     Reply Yes, it was perfectly fine., Gaplemo, 06-Feb-12 10:56 PM, #70
          Reply Wow, calm down bro, Oldril, 07-Feb-12 12:06 AM, #71
     Reply RE: glad you can post stuff that was never said and the..., Daevryn, 07-Feb-12 12:22 AM, #72
Reply From my POV, Gaspar, 06-Feb-12 07:58 PM, #62
Reply RE: Been following this, but there seems to be a lack o..., HammerSong, 07-Feb-12 08:16 PM, #75
Reply This is a fair post on many levels, Oldril, 06-Feb-12 05:57 PM, #57
Reply Deleted that one reply by the anon dude , Rayihn, 06-Feb-12 02:49 PM, #50
Reply Johnny on the spot! Thank you! nt, fist-law, 06-Feb-12 02:51 PM, #51
Reply Re: Spotlights, fist-law, 06-Feb-12 02:51 PM, #52
Reply Chin up & all that., Martainn, 06-Feb-12 03:37 PM, #54
Reply It's the law of coolness, Knac, 06-Feb-12 05:30 PM, #56
Reply well wasnt going to rage....but then i read my pbf, Tontik, 05-Feb-12 11:02 PM, #35
Reply Solution: Stop melting over getting looted., DurNominator, 06-Feb-12 07:36 AM, #37
Reply Heh, what's worse?, Tsunami, 06-Feb-12 11:35 AM, #44
Reply Great job you seemed well collected., Tesline, 03-Feb-12 10:06 PM, #26
Reply RE: Great job you seemed well collected., Tontik, 03-Feb-12 11:26 PM, #31
     Reply Number one rule i broke over and over...nt, Tesline, 04-Feb-12 12:19 AM, #32
Reply thanks for all the smoke and blood, Tontik, 03-Feb-12 02:53 AM, #6
Reply Great little rager and DM!, Abernyte, 03-Feb-12 05:20 AM, #10
Reply Great Char, Awesome fights. , Puhguly, 03-Feb-12 05:35 AM, #11
Reply The perfect choice for DM, Gaplemo, 03-Feb-12 06:14 AM, #12
Reply RE: The perfect choice for DM, Abernyte, 03-Feb-12 06:52 AM, #13
     Reply I meant that more as a compliment to Tontik..., Gaplemo, 03-Feb-12 12:43 PM, #15
Reply Oh, man., Mauz (Anonymous), 03-Feb-12 10:33 AM, #14
Reply yeah work blocked cf's new ip and killed my time, Tontik, 03-Feb-12 09:15 PM, #25
Reply It was an honor to usher you into the Beyond., Solec of WillowWood (Anonymous), 03-Feb-12 01:51 PM, #16
Reply Absofrickinglutely spectacular., N b M, 03-Feb-12 07:07 PM, #17
Reply RE: Absofrickinglutely spectacular., Tontik, 03-Feb-12 08:11 PM, #19
Reply RE: thanks for all the smoke and blood, HammerSong, 03-Feb-12 07:52 PM, #18
Reply RE: thanks for all the smoke and blood, Tontik, 03-Feb-12 08:19 PM, #20
     Reply RE: thanks for all the smoke and blood, HammerSong, 03-Feb-12 08:44 PM, #21
     Reply RE: thanks for all the smoke and blood, Tontik, 03-Feb-12 09:04 PM, #23
     Reply With all due respect, Oldril, 03-Feb-12 09:38 PM, #33
          Reply RE: With all due respect, Tontik, 03-Feb-12 10:29 PM, #28
          Reply RE: With all due respect, Daevryn, 03-Feb-12 11:11 PM, #29
               Reply RE: With all due respect, Tontik, 03-Feb-12 11:24 PM, #30
     Reply RE: thanks for all the smoke and blood, Kalageadon, 03-Feb-12 08:50 PM, #22
          Reply yeah guess just sour grapes, Tontik, 03-Feb-12 09:12 PM, #24
               Reply Regarding staff and rewards., Bolzhor (Anonymous), 03-Feb-12 10:06 PM, #27
Reply RE: thanks for all the smoke and blood, Odrallag, 05-Feb-12 12:15 PM, #34
Reply Awesome character!, Amberion, 03-Feb-12 02:35 AM, #5
Reply RE: Awesome character!, Tontik, 03-Feb-12 02:54 AM, #7
Reply You magnificent bastard., Allysia (Anonymous), 02-Feb-12 11:56 PM, #4
Reply RE: You magnificent bastard., Tontik, 03-Feb-12 02:55 AM, #8
Reply Awesome Drillmaster, Ghrondel (Anonymous), 02-Feb-12 11:32 PM, #3
Reply Great Character, Bolzhor (Anonymous), 02-Feb-12 11:30 PM, #2
Reply RE: Great Character, Tontik, 03-Feb-12 02:57 AM, #9
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Tontik the Unearthed Caudata, D..., Rindros (Anonymous), 02-Feb-12 11:27 PM, #1

Callad (porcupine/tiger) (Anonymous)Tue 07-Feb-12 02:12 AM
Charter member
#106059, "Kudos character!"
In response to Reply #0

And most certainly the greatest gameplay show from a player. If only there were more people like Tontik around, CF would be more playable for sure.

HomardTue 07-Feb-12 09:32 AM
Member since 10th Apr 2010
959 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#106064, "Shifters should always do this: Name (form/form) n/t"
In response to Reply #73

n/t

CyradiaMon 06-Feb-12 06:52 AM
Member since 26th Jan 2005
163 posts
#106008, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Tontik the Unearthed Caudata, D..."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Mon 06-Feb-12 07:24 AM

I can't speak for all of the immortals, only my comments. These comments should be taken as a whole since they were made within minutes of each other:

Wed Sep 21 08:47:06 2011 by 'Cyradia' at level 51 (216 hrs):
Lost 6 items (77 percent) in a PK loss to NEXUS. Proceeded to whine and claim he'd "been robbed blind", "half his things been stolen", and "left naked except for weapons". Man-up, crybaby.

Wed Sep 21 08:51:16 2011 by 'Cyradia' at level 51 (216 hrs):
Also, if I were a Battle god, I'd be even more annoyed at his comment to NEXUS that he just wasn't going to fight them any more bc they loot...bc, you know...that's not your sworn enemy and shiny preservation is more importan

Wed Sep 21 09:12:13 2011 by 'Cyradia' at level 51 (216 hrs):
In this guy's defense...one insulting gecho, a rude pray, and a curt tell later...he attacked both NEXUS and got the head back.

I don't watch battle routinely. I didn't watch this character routinely. This event though...was you melting down and embarrassing yourself. If I remember correctly, I had a random snoop on either you or a NEXUS guy (I do that to randomly sling experience points for good RPing) and saw a few comments after you lost...I ignored. Then you kept going. Then you KEPT going. The things in quotes were direct quotes. The 77% comment is mathematically how much you physically picked back up directly from your corpse (though, that is just a total count on number of items, so a canteen in your inventory slot is treated equally to a sword of badass). I agree this is a confusing way to word that, since the 6 items is what you lost and the 77% is the percentage you kept. Space on history comments is very limited and there's no editing them. I made a comment so that battle imms knew about it. I consider it poor form, and breaking character to tell your arch enemy you just won't fight them ever again because you might lose your gear.

Then you KEPT going...the was hardly a single tell or two, so I intervened with visible tools to you (the last comment). Since it did snap you out of your downward spiral, I also commented the redeeming behavior, so your imms would have a full picture.

I'll also quote YOU, from your own good-bye thread. You seemed to know you "raged" occasionally. I'm surprised you were surprised by your character history...

>p.s. and to anyone i raged at sorry if i did not say it then
>sometimes people just drive me bonkers and i cant control it,
>part of being a fireman and a marine i guess
>

You can be offended if you want and have Aether throw you a pity party, but my limited observation of you makes me suspect that you are capable of great characters, but have a bad temper that can really sour someone observing you on a bad day.

I think the best analogy of this is someone sitting on their couch looking outside and seeing a car run a red light and causing a horrible accident. They report it. Maybe the guy that ran the light is a great driver 99% of the time, but they still shouldn't not call the cops for fear of messing up his driving record....

TontikMon 06-Feb-12 02:48 PM
Member since 27th Aug 2011
104 posts
#106012, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Tontik the Unearthed Caudata, D..."
In response to Reply #36

even better analogy is someone driving by an accident seeing someone standing outside of a car, and say Wow it must have been their fault they are a horrible driver and I am going to run and tell everyone I know that I saw the worlds worst driver.

The reason I give that one for you is because I just read your last 35 immortal comments that were on pfs (although I will admit i can only search and find ones with your actual name not ones where you posted as immortal) and what did i magically find, other than 2 posts about easter eggs and role contests, one post about making a guy a scarab and one post about how awesome twists char was and how he needed more imm exp was that every other comment you made was negative or made in a very mocking manner saying how stupid someone was or how much a jerk they were.....

so yeah I feel vindicated because yes i was there for the entire thing and the 1.5 rl hours of fighting the guy that led up to the fight not just snooping and not really paying attention

I am done with this, you guys win all IMMS are great and never make mistakes and of course could never be wrong it is always the players who are in the wrong

NreykreMon 06-Feb-12 10:15 AM
Member since 05th Apr 2011
90 posts
#106013, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Tontik the Unearthed Caudata, D..."
In response to Reply #49

>even better analogy is someone driving by an accident seeing
>someone standing outside of a car, and say Wow it must have
>been their fault they are a horrible driver and I am going to
>run and tell everyone I know that I saw the worlds worst
>driver.

Except (unless you're accusing both of them of flat lying) the guy (you) did cause the accident, and in fact two bystanders saw you mow the guy down.

>The reason I give that one for you is because I just read your
>last 35 immortal comments that were on pfs (although I will
>admit i can only search and find ones with your actual name
>not ones where you posted as immortal) and what did i
>magically find, other than 2 posts about easter eggs and role
>contests, one post about making a guy a scarab and one post
>about how awesome twists char was and how he needed more imm
>exp was that every other comment you made was negative or made
>in a very mocking manner saying how stupid someone was or how
>much a jerk they were.....

FWIW, I take comfort in knowing there are Immortals up there holding people accountable for their IC actions. Tontik seemed like a really solid character, but no number of hours of good RP buy you a pass for going ape #### when you're mad. You can judge Cyradia if you want, but at the end of the day if you hadn't behaved in a way that both you, every Immortal in question, and most of the player base agree was in poor taste, you'd probably have (as you kind of suggested) zero comments from Cyradia in your PBF.

>
>so yeah I feel vindicated because yes i was there for the
>entire thing and the 1.5 rl hours of fighting the guy that led
>up to the fight not just snooping and not really paying
>attention

>
>I am done with this, you guys win all IMMS are great and never
>make mistakes and of course could never be wrong it is always
>the players who are in the wrong

I ask rhetorically, who said that?

DaevrynMon 06-Feb-12 10:34 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#106014, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Tontik the Unearthed Caudata, D..."
In response to Reply #49

You know, you made a mistake. You had a bad day. It happens to the best of us.

You can own that, or you can try to blame someone else for it.

CyradiaMon 06-Feb-12 10:44 AM
163 posts
#106015, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Tontik the Unearthed Caudata, D..."
In response to Reply #49

The repetitive and whiny tells WERE the car crash. I saw it firsthand. That seems to be the logic disconnect between us. I don't give a damn how many hours you fought the guy before the death. I don't care if NEXUS ganged you 10 on 1 after claiming to be Cador's long-lost honor-bound sons. You send THAT many tells of the content I observed (and quoted) for as long as you did, to as many different people as you did, and I'm going to make a history comment and eventually step in. OOC meltdowns from other players suck when you're trying to play, and I'll do what I can to protect other players from them.

Did you lose a skill? Lose experience? Get an embarrassing title? Stop you from leadership and a tattoo? Oh, that's right...your character wasn't harmed in any way other than a note that wasn't public until death...and one that might help us, as a staff, manage it if it became a trend. Clearly I'm drunk on power.

Ironically, I can communicate with the staff in less transparent ways, but I generally think PBFs are for feedback and I tend to call things like I see them.

Re: Immortal Comments...when I see something positive, I give experience. When I give experience, it makes the comment I leave explaining anonymous. I'm ok with that. I play this game when I have time and when I have fun doing it...not a popularity contest for me.

DaevrynMon 06-Feb-12 11:12 AM
11117 posts
#106017, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Tontik the Unearthed Caudata, D..."
In response to Reply #40

>Did you lose a skill? Lose experience? Get an embarrassing
>title? Stop you from leadership and a tattoo? Oh, that's
>right...your character wasn't harmed in any way other than a
>note that wasn't public until death...and one that might help
>us, as a staff, manage it if it became a trend.

I think he did have some fallout from Thror, later. Thror asked me to dig some of the relevant bits from the logs on his behalf so he could have the full context and decide if it was problematic per his religion.

CyradiaMon 06-Feb-12 11:28 AM
163 posts
#106018, "I don't think so..."
In response to Reply #42
Edited on Mon 06-Feb-12 11:31 AM

My comments were made before Thror even tattooed him (the first time). Since he was tattooed 3 days later, I daresay it didn't effect his tattoo experience.

As I stated in the beginning, I'm only speaking to my observed "episode".

I should clarify that my point was this, particular, character certainly didn't seem permanently crippled from my observations despite him flipping out post-PBF publish. That shouldn't be construed as to say negative history comments couldn't/shouldn't/wouldn't effect RP rewards. I would hope that the point of the history thread is to let the deciding imm make more informed decisions and watch for a pattern.

MalakhiMon 06-Feb-12 10:58 AM
Member since 12th Dec 2009
367 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#106016, "One quick thing, Tontik:"
In response to Reply #49

I read in this thread where Thror offers to discuss your character via emails. TAKE advantage of that and send him an email!

I remember one character I played (who's actually on the totem) and Lyristeon made some ambivalent remark about how the char could have been better, and to email him if I wanted details so as to not clutter my BField thread. I was like, "could have been better?!" and actually emailed him.

It was hilarious how many worst day moments he'd accumulated. The most memorable one was that I'd charge through a forest of ents, killing a few in the process, to get to one Minotaur with an axe I wanted. I'd disarm the Minotaur, take the axe, and leave without killing the Minotaur . I laugh about it because it never crossed my mind that could be bad Outlander RP.

Anyway, the point is, no one other than me wanted that character to shine more than Lyristeon. Likewise, I don't think (based on this thread) Tontik had a bigger fan than Thror. So my advice is to have an open mind and email the guy about any questions you have. It might make the next char even more fun for you.

TMNSMon 06-Feb-12 01:10 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#106026, "You get this."
In response to Reply #41

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

Great post.

Khacan (Anonymous)Mon 06-Feb-12 11:42 AM
Charter member
#106020, "Grow up and dust your hat off man. Nuff said no topic"
In response to Reply #49

no topic

TMNSMon 06-Feb-12 01:07 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#106024, "In her defense, she deals with a lot of ####ty players."
In response to Reply #49

And see's the worst CF has to offer.

It is what it is.

DaevrynMon 06-Feb-12 02:34 PM
11117 posts
#106030, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Tontik the Unearthed Caudata, D..."
In response to Reply #49

>I am done with this, you guys win all IMMS are great and never
>make mistakes and of course could never be wrong it is always
>the players who are in the wrong

I thought about this a little more, and my question for you is:

Are you disputing that you said what your PBF comments claim you said? I don't mind taking the time to dig the exact quotes out of the logs if that'll put everyone on the same page.

Or was your position, "Yes, I did have a meltdown and say some ####ty things, but my character otherwise is cool so they should have ignored it?"

If it's the former, it's a question of fact we can easily settle. If it's the latter, it's a question of opinion about which people can reasonably disagree.

GasparMon 06-Feb-12 03:13 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2007
367 posts
#106035, "Been following this, but there seems to be a lack of cl..."
In response to Reply #48

Tontik's player was looted after a gang inside the village. Got to his corpse things were missing, things were to be returned if the assault would halt for a time. Eachainn's player refuted this and continued the raid, so he rebutted with the threat of sacrificing another dead opposing players gear if there was no cease fire so that things could be sorted and returned.

I think an IMM confused this whining with Tontik's player trying to be assertive into controlling the situation which was being negated by Eachainn's refusal to quit raiding. The grounds for gear to be returned/traded was Tontik gives X' players gear back, Tontik gets his gear back, but only on the grounds of stopping the raid.

As it turned out, the raid didn't stop, Tontik was chastised and had his reputation besmirched through IMM note, which would later lead to Tontik in a poor light with Thror, which lead to 200+ hours of neglect, tattoo removal, refusal to reward with promised Sapper training, and overall dissatisfaction from Tontik's player, who mind you, only wanted interaction from Thror, and didn't know he could be reprimanded by Cyradia or Baerinika for behavior.

Correct me if this does not sum it up.

DaevrynMon 06-Feb-12 04:34 PM
11117 posts
#106038, "RE: Been following this, but there seems to be a lack o..."
In response to Reply #53

I've read this a few times and I still can't make any sense of it.

GasparMon 06-Feb-12 07:01 PM
367 posts
#106043, "Words describing events"
In response to Reply #55
Edited on Mon 06-Feb-12 07:18 PM

It was what I determined from following the events in chronological order. Since I had a rager in the village at this time, and now that I've seen the PBF too, it's my summation of the events seen and unseen. It is only based upon my interpretation of what I saw and have read.

If you are having trouble reading what I wrote and following the words, I can retype it for you. For Spanish, press 2.

Edit: Also, just noticed some autocorrect fails by my phone in the previous post, but can't change them. It does make things somewhat confusing, but not completely. Anything that seems wrong, just post with a quote if you want me to rewrite. Press 3 for Chinese.

blackbirdMon 06-Feb-12 08:14 PM
Member since 04th Sep 2009
178 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#106049, "it's your near-incomprehensible syntax and grammar. I d..."
In response to Reply #58

GasparMon 06-Feb-12 09:12 PM
367 posts
#106052, "To this day, scholars are still unclear on the translat..."
In response to Reply #63

But thank you anyways!

OldrilMon 06-Feb-12 07:22 PM
Member since 20th Jan 2011
641 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#106044, "RE: Been following this, but there seems to be a lack o..."
In response to Reply #53

>Tontik's player was looted after a gang inside the village.
>Got to his corpse things were missing, things were to be
>returned if the assault would halt for a time. Eachainn's
>player refuted this and continued the raid, so he rebutted
>with the threat of sacrificing another dead opposing players
>gear if there was no cease fire so that things could be sorted
>and returned.

Forgive me for being ignorant, but why is the Fortress raiding Battle with neutral defenders?

>I think an IMM confused this whining with Tontik's player
>trying to be assertive into controlling the situation which
>was being negated by Eachainn's refusal to quit raiding. The
>grounds for gear to be returned/traded was Tontik gives X'
>players gear back, Tontik gets his gear back, but only on the
>grounds of stopping the raid.

Yeah lets grovel with the mage we are sworn to kill and hope for our gear back? That sounds worse to me than anything else!

>As it turned out, the raid didn't stop, Tontik was chastised
>and had his reputation besmirched through IMM note, which
>would later lead to Tontik in a poor light with Thror, which
>lead to 200+ hours of neglect, tattoo removal, refusal to
>reward with promised Sapper training, and overall
>dissatisfaction from Tontik's player, who mind you, only
>wanted interaction from Thror, and didn't know he could be
>reprimanded by Cyradia or Baerinika for behavior.

Tontik was the only character in the village that I saw get any love from Thror. Any! It therefore seems unreasonable for him to complain about not getting any love.

RayihnMon 06-Feb-12 07:40 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#106045, "RE: Been following this, but there seems to be a lack o..."
In response to Reply #59

The story from my POV goes like this.

Akedeh declared it an act of war to have a mage as a cabal leader (I think this was the sticking point) and told Battle they could take the Fort Orb as long as Eachainn was on. Battle did much raiding of Fort before I got tired of it and told Fort they could counter raid. On this particular day, there were a lot of Fort on and a lot of battle on. By this point, I'd also marked many members of Battle as Hunted by Fortress despite being neutral, because they had taken the Orb and downed it in the Village.

So Fort attacks the Battle cabal. Most people died including Tontik. There's a lot going on, but essentially (per my history) the logs state that Tontik took back 19 items from his corpse and various other people took 6 total items, one of which was subsequently given back. I've asked Daev to check the code on how this logging system works, because what the logs state and what Tontik posted in his log do not match up.

This was immediately followed by things like:

Tontik says 'And i get robbed blind'
Tontik says 'I missing over half me things'
Tontik says 'Fine then, the naked ones get nothing'
Tontik says 'You contunie I destroy thier things'
Tontik says 'You all get nothing if he contunies, I destroy the rest.' (this I think was when Eachainn continued the raid)
Tontik says 'I get nothing back then'
Tontik says 'How nice'
Zynzyn tells Tontik 'Looks like _you_ grabbed most of your things?'
Tontik tells Zynzyn 'I lost over half'
Tontik tells Vallinane 'Who took the rest of me things?'

All of these things said in about a 10 minute span.

Maybe I misunderstood the situation and my history notes were unwarranted, but from what I saw he cared a lot more about the gear and was greatly exaggerating his plight.

GasparMon 06-Feb-12 07:47 PM
367 posts
#106046, "Thank you!"
In response to Reply #60

Sorry about my poor write up of the events; ironic that I was trying to bring clarity.

Anyways, was trying to just get to a summation of events, which you have made beautifully. Thank you, dunno why it was so confusing trying to write this all up without a log.

CyradiaMon 06-Feb-12 09:01 PM
163 posts
#106050, "RE: Thank you!"
In response to Reply #61

You also only summarized (poorly) what I assume was the Fortress raid complaint, which Raybaer noted at 300-something hours. This was a completely separate whine-fest than I noted at 200-something hours (regarding a Nexus death).

Raybaer and I are separate people and were commenting on separate things. My comments above (and I assume Tontik's emotional responses) were only about my observation of his Nexus death 100+ hours earlier. I'm not exactly sure why they've been lumped together.

GasparMon 06-Feb-12 09:09 PM
367 posts
#106051, "Re: PBF comments"
In response to Reply #64

Yea, seems I suck with the summaries, so I'll stop. But I was trying to bring clarity to events surrounding all the negative parts people have been discussing from the PBF so that there's not as much confusion in regard to his complaints with what happened and peoples interpretation of the events which don't seem accurate. The character did live a whole mess of hours, and this was maybe 20 minutes out of that time.

But enough about that, how are you? Whatcha been up to?

TontikMon 06-Feb-12 09:26 PM
104 posts
#106053, "glad you can post stuff that was never said and the res..."
In response to Reply #60
Edited on Mon 06-Feb-12 09:36 PM

since you wanna post what the word were "like" and not what was actually said here is my last post on the entire deal, here is the log with all the tells and says that occured and not sure how long it took but I unghosted right before i sent the tell to germanax

so yeha half the crap you said was never even said and the rest of the stuff you posted was placed there out of context so here you go

***right after i looted what was posted eailer***
<66hp/6% 30m 1009mv/ 24350tnl (-26.49%)> 8 PM
Vallinane says 'Zynzyn has some of your things.'

66hp/6% 30m 1009mv/ 24350tnl (-26.49%)> 8 PM say And i get robbed blind

You tell Zynzyn 'You takin my things mate?'

<376hp/35% 9m 1006mv/ 24350tnl (-26.49%)> 2 AM say who is missing what?
You say 'who is missing what?'

Rohaid tells you 'Zynzyn was the one who took your things.'

40% 26m 1009mv/ 24350tnl (-26.49%)> 3 AM
Argivo says 'I am missing all.'

<430hp/40% 26m 1009mv/ 24350tnl (-26.49%)> 3 AM
Argivo says 'And I have all of ODrallag's.'

Vallinane says to you 'You took most of Argivo's things.'

Rohaid says 'Mostly everything.'

Vallinane says 'I took as much as I could of it.'

Vallinane says 'I have some of Karzii's as well.'

<430hp/40% 26m 1009mv/ 24350tnl (-26.49%)> 3 AM say Cause mine was taken
You say 'Cause mine was taken'

l (-26.49%)> 4 AM
Odrallag says 'Gemmnnax dooook quide a bid.'

<575hp/54% 57m 1009mv/ 24350tnl (-26.49%)> 5 AM Rohaid says 'Ah, a thief..'

<575hp/54% 57m 1009mv/ 24350tnl (-26.49%)> 5 AM
Odrallag says to you 'Gemmnnax.'

Rohaid says 'I took your ermine, but I gave it back after I realized that.'

<575hp/54% 57m 1009mv/ 24350tnl (-26.49%)> 5 AM
Zynzyn says 'Anyhow. It was a splendid show of strength and bravery. I've collected some valuable information.'

You say 'Most of this was in the pit.'

Zynzyn says 'If I could, I'd have a drink with all of you and salute your skill.'

Odrallag says to Zynzyn 'Shood oovv, woordlethth gid.'

Vallinane says 'Return what you have of Argivo's, please. He has Odrallag's things.'
***i return everything to argivo and rohaid so odrallag will get his things back*****

Teriseta says 'Where is Argivo?'
Zynzyn says to Odrallag 'Right then, shooting off!'

.49%)> 7 AM
Rohaid says 'Those are my things.'

-26.49%)> 7 AM
Rohaid says 'Not argivo's...'

9%)> 9 AM
Rohaid says 'Your sheet? Not my sheet.'

50tnl (-26.49%)> 9 AM
Vallinane says 'Mine.'

***here eachin contunies to raid while we are trying to get odralagg and the other two thier gear back***

<820hp/77% 108m 1006mv/ 24350tnl (-26.49%)> 9 AM say You all get nothing if he contunies, I destroy the rest.

9%)> 10 AM
Vallinane says to you 'Continues what?'

You say 'With the destructor'

Zynzyn tells you 'Truthfully, I only have the one thing. And, I gave you a replacement. Granted, it's not platemail but it will at least cover you.'

Vallinane says 'Didn't stop you from killing our watcher.'

***actually i logged on to them raiding battle, was not part of the watcher fight that time****

AM
Zynzyn tells you 'I am certain you will have many chances to reclaim it.'

You tell Zynzyn 'who took all the rest?'

)> 11 AM
Rohaid says 'My cloak.'

Odrallag says 'I had a cooral ammuled, annd a clooak.'

.49%)> 11 AM
Zynzyn tells you 'I'm trying to recall. That was a rather massive engagement....give me a moment.'

09mv/ 24350tnl (-26.49%)> 1 PM
Odrallag says to Vallinane 'Nnoo, thoommedinng de bride oov dith limmb writhd here demmanndth.'

Zynzyn tells you 'Someone, I assume Eachainn, took your stole. Although...no, I wouldn't have spotted his sly movements. A ranger?'

Odrallag says 'Baarbed thwoordth?'

You say 'I get nothing back then'

<1053hp/100% 180m 1009mv/ 24350tnl (-26.49%)> 2 PM You say 'How nice'

<1053hp/100% 197m 1009mv/ 24350tnl (-26.49%)> 3 PM
Zynzyn tells you 'I am guessing it may be divided between Vallinane and the Captain.'

Zynzyn tells you 'For other than what I said, I saw no one else take from your remains.'

<1053hp/100% 210m 1009mv/ 24350tnl (-26.49%)> 4 PM
Vallinane tells you 'Zynzyn had some.'

Zynzyn tells you 'There was a rather sneaky bard present.'

Vallinane tells you 'And a young thief named Gemnax paid a visit to our corpses, too.'

<1053hp/100% 210m 1009mv/ 24350tnl (-26.49%)> 4 PM tell vall He showed me all he took, which was not much
You tell Vallinane 'He showed me all he took, which was not much'

? or something like that?
You tell Riehne 'You see the thief named Germix? or something like that?'

Zynzyn says 'Goodness.'

26.49%)> 2 AM tell gemnax Takin my things mate?
You tell Gemnax 'Takin my things mate?'

to which i get no response, really am done with this, this is exactly what happened not what someone said may have happened or kind of what happened, or something like this happened, all taken exactly form the log here you go make your own decision

this is the log involving argivo deaththread where raybear called me a dueche and gave her follower 1kimm exp for keeping ordrallags crap until they got it back and which i got smacked upon

OldrilMon 06-Feb-12 10:34 PM
641 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#106054, "Back to my lowbie comments from Argivo's thread...."
In response to Reply #67

Gemnax causes a massive ####storm of anger amidst players, has imms defending their actions...and never gets a single iota of even discomfort for being a jackhole.

You guys think some out-of-range lowbie (who is 100% a veteran player) who causes this much #### OOC months after the fact should just be able to keep doing it?

This lowbie asshole is the most maddening part of this whole saga, not bad imm comments.

GasparMon 06-Feb-12 10:41 PM
367 posts
#106055, "RE: Gemnax"
In response to Reply #68

True, a lowbie did cause a lot of problems, but there's not much besides corpse guard to do about it.

GaplemoMon 06-Feb-12 10:54 PM
Member since 06th May 2010
619 posts
#106056, "Yes, it was perfectly fine."
In response to Reply #68
Edited on Mon 06-Feb-12 10:56 PM

It's not the problem of the thief that took the loot to have to deal with. Lowbie looting is a part of CF. It always HAS been a part of CF. Whining and bitching got corpseguard put in, which is more than enough. What are you going to do? Make it so you can only loot corpses of people in range? Yeah right. Then the next step, people will bitch that they lost an item or two. Because it's "theirs" and they are used to getting looted even LESS than before, and their sense of entitlement is just going to inflate. This will lead to gear circulation ceasing to exist for the most part, a boring mid range, and the game straight DYING.

The excitement and thrill of getting a sick item out of a loot (maybe not even my own loot), or losing an item the same way, is a large part of what CF interesting. The more you nerf that sense of loss, the more you pussify and change what the game was originally made to be. And this game was meant to be a casino, when you're up you're up, and when you're down you're down. The gamble is what makes it exciting.

People that bitch about lowbie looting really piss me off. And corpseguard is partly to blame for it too. People bitched a LOT less when eating a full loot was a common thing. ####, they didn't even come back to their corpse. They got armor, came back at you, and killed you, and took it all back plus some. Did it suck sometimes? Hell yeah. But nobody acted like their tampon came loose about it. They manned up.

OldrilTue 07-Feb-12 12:06 AM
641 posts
#106057, "Wow, calm down bro"
In response to Reply #70

Lowbie looting is not something I think is good for CF.

Its one thing to full loot/sac someone you killed, but fulling or near fulling a hero who you followed cabal enemies around of is just plain lame, to me.

I am not saying make it illegal. I am saying if the imms see some ####head following around heros in hopes of getting a fatty loot maybe they should step in with some sort of penalties. I won't rehash my stance on that any further so as not to derail this thread.

Bottom line, look at how much bitching and drama some ####head lowbie looter caused and didn't even kill anyone or get a single negative thing about it. I don't see how you think a scenario like this caused is good for the game.

DaevrynTue 07-Feb-12 12:22 AM
11117 posts
#106058, "RE: glad you can post stuff that was never said and the..."
In response to Reply #67

>so yeha half the crap you said was never even said and the
>rest of the stuff you posted was placed there out of context
>so here you go

That's direct out of the game's logs verbatim. It represents about ten minutes of time and there are other things in there that are skipped for brevity, but there's nothing in Rayihn's post that you didn't actually say. Thror requested and got (from me) the full version with everything in it and made whatever decisions he did based on the complete logs.

If you don't trust me confirming that, maybe Twist or Zulg or Scarabaeus or someone feels like grepping the logs for you.

GasparMon 06-Feb-12 07:58 PM
367 posts
#106047, "From my POV"
In response to Reply #59

It wasn't about not getting love. Crap, this guy was a walking mini-Thror when I was playing. It was just all a cluster#### of miscommunication and interpretation I think. It became convoluted with "he-said" "she-said" and sour grapes, but the true event was never displayed correctly. But now it is.

Tontik was a very honorable guy when it came to loots, and I feel that when he got looted he got angry. I'd argue that he interacted very thoroughly with everyone he met and fought by sentiments stated in other players goodbyes. He was very respectful in that regard.

HammerSongTue 07-Feb-12 08:16 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
679 posts
#106071, "RE: Been following this, but there seems to be a lack o..."
In response to Reply #53

I'm not sure I can add more to this thread without detracting from the "character."

I will say this, if Tontik felt neglected post incident, then woe to the dozen other followers (hey Twist) who had to endure my lack of availability.

The sense of entitlement is a little disheartening. I am the God of HARDSHIP. My followers should embrace a tough situation and should it be imposed by an enemy their response should be along the lines of, "Is that all you got you little bitch!?"

If you get caught in any capacity whining about the loss of gear, the removal of my tattoo (which I consider an awesome power/edge) is the least of your concerns.

I did not take these observations for face value. I discussed with Tontik the incident(s) and reviewed logfiles which are typically not made available to lower level immortals and came to my own conclusion on what was a fitting "godly" response.

In short, this thread does much more harm than a couple of PFB comments ever could do.

A shame really.

OldrilMon 06-Feb-12 05:57 PM
641 posts
#106040, "This is a fair post on many levels"
In response to Reply #48

To me Daevryn's post here pretty much sums up this issue.

RayihnMon 06-Feb-12 02:49 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#106032, "Deleted that one reply by the anon dude "
In response to Reply #49

who said that thing but the anon code backfired on him and such, in case he didn't want what happened to happen. Repost at will!

fist-lawMon 06-Feb-12 02:51 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2011
149 posts
#106033, "Johnny on the spot! Thank you! nt"
In response to Reply #50

asf

fist-lawMon 06-Feb-12 02:51 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2011
149 posts
#106034, "Re: Spotlights"
In response to Reply #49

I've had it happen a couple times where I make a character I really enjoy, everyone I interacted with enjoys, but who ultimately gets blasted on the PBF comments. I even blew up about it (well, my pretty subdued form of blowing up) on the forums a bit because it seemed like things that were focused on so negatively were just a miniscule, almost trivially small portion of those characters' long, long lives, and yet those comments dominated their PBF, tarnishing their reputations. It makes you feel like you do at any job where you have a boss, and it seems like all that boss does is make a big deal out of one negative thing (not that it was necessary), while completely ignoring the good that you do 99% of the time.

After all this time though, it doesn't bug me anymore. I realized the Imms aren't out to bash me down, and if I count up my good experiences in the MUD (Immteraction included), it far outweighs the bad. But, we all tend to put a spotlight on bad things - imms included. When you are doing good, it's not really brought up because it's just expected that you be that way.

All of this may seem a bit rambly, but let me bring it home by saying that if you had a character who got hammered on the PBF, never got immteraction, never got noticed for just being a good, solid presence, that would be one thing. But, as much as you are hating that spotlight on the negatives, you had some really GREAT moments that also had a big spotlight put on them, and you were totally loved on by some Imms and had the respect of the playerbase as Tontik.

Just try to remember all of that, and take anything acidically-phrased in your PBF as constructive criticism, even if it's not the way you may have said it.

Anyway, take a breather and come back sometime.

MartainnMon 06-Feb-12 03:37 PM
Member since 19th Nov 2004
28 posts
#106036, "Chin up & all that."
In response to Reply #49

Tontik was an excellent character. Focus on making the next one better, not on the mistakes, but on learning from experiences that seem like mistakes to others. Constructive input is invaluable, say thanks and move on down the road.

I really enjoyed running with you as Judicael, and you deserved all the Imm love you got and more. Still in our limited time together I wanted to take you to the circle one time

You played well, got more Imm love than a half dozen of my chars put together and ran a much more than respectable pk ratio for a Rager.

Build on that, don't dwell on the gaffs. We all make them.

KnacMon 06-Feb-12 05:30 PM
Member since 07th May 2010
202 posts
#106039, "It's the law of coolness"
In response to Reply #36

We all encounter it every day of our lives. We kick ass at our jobs and other factors of our lives. Sometimes we get acknowledge for doing well. MOST of the time, it's just another day. We bring our average up to a point where our average, compared to other people, is SPECTACULAR - but we don't get the notice that we think we deserve.

It's the same situation here. God knows I've had certain comments in my PBF that I think are completely unwarranted and lack any credibility whatsoever. Some of the things I don't even recall doing - and if I do recall, I remember it differently than the imms (for whatever reason, whether there is a miscommunication or they don't see it from my perspective).

The bottom line is, you were caught with your pants down, so to speak, and even though your average is way above others, there were times when it was soured. The problem with having a high profile character is that you are scrutinized for nearly everything you do. No one plays a 'perfect' character - look at some of Cabdru's logs (not to point fingers). Some of the way he spoke to his group was distasteful and was borderline OOCish.

You played an exceptional character, from all accounts. You know this. All of the imms acknowledge this. The playerbase acknowledges this. So you had a few meltdown that the IMMs took notice of. #### happens, and it was reflected in your PBF.

Stop noticing the crap on your PBF and notice the good things. Then put it into the Imms perspective.

TontikSun 05-Feb-12 11:02 PM
104 posts
#106004, "well wasnt going to rage....but then i read my pbf"
In response to Reply #0

over 400 hours 115 pk wins, 114 pk deaths and out of my 2.5 pages of imm comments 7 of them are about 2 deaths and makes me look like a whinny bitch when even cyrdias math states i ONLY lost 77% of my gear and told me to man up and stop whining about losing half mY gear\.....seriously if in over 200 pks and 450 hours all you guys are going to write is stuff to make people looke like duechebags why even write anything at all, and you wonder why people accuse imms of playing favorites and treating some people like crap just to treat them like crap.....

Thu Nov 17 14:54:53 2011 by 'Baerinika' at level 51 (366 hrs):
Cracking me up - threatening to full sac Fortress because they attacked the Destructor. You've got to be kidding me.

first off I never full sacced anyone in my life, and i said since at the time we were returnign gear that he had of mine (and he had fulled odrallag and said odrallag would not be getting anything back unless he got all his stuff back) eachian kept raiding and I said if he keeps raiding you will not get your stuff back until we have the head....so no not threating to fullsac anyone, glad i messed with your follower so you could bitch at me and make me look like a jerk for doing the exact same thing your follower did.

Thu Aug 18 15:10:44 2011 by 'Baerinika' at level 51 (106 hrs):
Someone with a ave group size per kill of 2.17 is complaining that Nexus killed him 2 vs 1. Le sigh.

and that complaint was because he challanged me to a 1v1 fight maybe you should pay attention and not just be a jerk, and according to my pbf since my gank score was so high i did hte math and 92% of any pk assist or pk's vs more than 1 i had were in the village or nexus cabal so that means my whinny bitch pk record was all on raids or defenses....wow this is why people rage and when 99.9% of the mud likes your char and thinks you have good rp and stuff but yet 2 imms only bitch about you and call you a duechbag.......ARGH

DurNominatorMon 06-Feb-12 07:36 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#106009, "Solution: Stop melting over getting looted."
In response to Reply #35

The view I got from all comments: Had a couple of melts over losing in PK/losing gear, great character otherwise. Shouldn't be a huge issue if bad things get documented too. People who interacted with you know what the character was. Neither of the two Imms is calling you douchebag in the comments or as reply to the goodbye thread. It's not a big deal and your character didn't lose face over it, so why make a big issue (also accounting for Torak's thread in Dio's) about it?

Also, weren't the seven comments about THREE incidents?

1 by Baer for the Nexus gank thing, 3 by Cyradia for the Nexus thing and 3 by Baer for the Fort thing. It is highly likely that Baer was speccing Nexus and Fort in the incidents. The numerical amount of the comments doesn't matter. It's clear that the comments were for three incidents. Anyone can see that. More comments of the same incident = The Imm had more things to say.

TsunamiMon 06-Feb-12 11:35 AM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
#106019, "Heh, what's worse?"
In response to Reply #35

The fact that you got a couple negative comments that in no way affected your "fun" in game?

or

The ridiculous circle jerk of people threatening to take "stuff" and/or not give "stuff" back?

One of the biggest impacts on my own personal fun, in the rare instances I make it to hero, is everyone's nonsense focus on their "stuff." No one cares that they died, who killed them, why they are fighting, who is what enemy, or anything. All they care about is "YOU TOOK SOME OF MY STUFF NOW I TAKE YOURS"

-----------------

That aside. Looking past any particular imm hatred/favoritism/Orbesque (<3 Orb) conspiracy theories: Seriously dude, you got plenty of imm experience and a tattoo. A few negative comments sour that for you? How did you even make it so many hours?

TeslineFri 03-Feb-12 10:03 PM
Member since 25th Jun 2010
582 posts
#105919, "Great job you seemed well collected."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Fri 03-Feb-12 10:06 PM

Sorry about killing you at the giant with my Shaman Sasaek...I was spamming co demon tontik. That was the only time i ever saw you lose your cool and that was A LOT better than most do. GLWYN and I hope we get to fight some more. Thanks for the two different inducts.

Edit: Why were you titled a salamander is it because you spit fire?

I've got a single #### to give...and it's just for you.

TontikFri 03-Feb-12 11:26 PM
104 posts
#105925, "RE: Great job you seemed well collected."
In response to Reply #26

no idea about the salamander, just got title with it one day sort of fit into my role but then once again imms comes up wiht some cool of the wall ####.

and on inductions i tried to make them a bit eaiser than I had though i was a stickler on the history of the village and the reco's but honestly there for a long time (3 seperate times) i wwas the only one doing any inductions so i tried to give people a break.

and dont forget the seventh rule of the tablet, dont do anything stupid ahhahahhaa

TeslineSat 04-Feb-12 12:19 AM
Member since 25th Jun 2010
582 posts
#105926, "Number one rule i broke over and over...nt"
In response to Reply #31

nt

I've got a single #### to give...and it's just for you.

TontikFri 03-Feb-12 02:53 AM
104 posts
#105888, "thanks for all the smoke and blood"
In response to Reply #0

where to start...... I started tontik as my comeback char over 9 months ago(been playing off and on since 96) but had taken a pretty big break here recently.

and to get it out of the way all the haters accusing me of being super immstacked with 3 or 4 legacies.... I had ignite, and got offhand strip as imm rewards and then one edge during twists contest nothing else.

My first pincersvirf and like 3rd villager (first ranked up with thror, and other was an orc in battle so awhile ago) He started off as just a social experiment, i never looted anything from anyone's corpse that had not taken it from me first, it seems a few people noticed and said something about it but it seems not to stand out as much as i thought it would and that worked out well most of the time with only a handful of instances were it ended up bad for me.

comments on build and specs: Axe/whip...axe for the same reason everyone else takes it and whip for the eyejab and entwine, and i think pull/entwine got me more kills than pincer ever did. Also went gates/whisper and tried the twist build of never caring about armor seemed to work out great, and before zulg changed it whispers was great but then started to suck more and more as my con got lower, but then after the patch was back to pretty decent.

Imms:

Thror: kinda of a little bit of sour grapes i guess but man took me 200 hours before you even replied to a prayer or email and then at like 210 hours you gave me ignite as part of my sapper training and told me once i perfected it I would learn the second of three things, well in 200 hours after that i never heard anymore about it. But all around thanks for walking me through your religion and giving me breaks (first thror follower) overall would have to say when you were around it was awesome but i guess our playtimes just did not match up very well.

Odrallag: Glad you imm'd was good to see someone take the chance and try to pay it back for the great game they give us.

other imms: was fun doing the iunna quest. and I must have done something right i think i had close to 8k imm exp but the incident discussed in the other thread really just left a bad taste in my mouth so decided to end it on a high note instead of ranting and raging.

Battle:
You guys are just going to have to post, there has been literally hundreds of villagers since i made tontik and its just impossible to remember them all

Hell i think i lasted through 6 commanders (i was not even inducted till like level 36 because no commander or drillmaster ever around) hope i came off as a good drillmaster since i never expected to last this long, I think I got drillmaster when I had 9 con, and thanks to a conquest and 2 x extra training managed to last as long as I did, probably could have went longer but just burned the last four deaths today.

Fortress

Eachian: tough little bugger and man I only got you one time in what was probably 100 fights, just hard to keep an invoker in the fight that does not want to be there. good job

Vallanine: You really saved my arse with lending me your dagger (atelast it only took you 4 months to get it back) and was fun exploring with you the few times we did.

Tribunal: Lots of lawmen come and go hard to remember people who have not already died, but man I had to have allot of warrants for not being an outlander, and I think i once went 3rl weeks with the same warrant, fun to have you all around, diffently could throw a monkey in the wrench.
Fozarn: the most recent interactions i had and good work sticking to your rp guns, keep on trucking

Empire: at war, not a war, at war, not at war.... The times were good and the times were bad but hey if I liked you, you knew it.

Oruerghad: Man when we were fighting i was always a nervous wreck when you were around, one set of traps from you and by the time it was done i was at 50%, and when i killed you and the mage in a single round after elegra fled will be one of my best cf moments ever

Elergra: when we first started fighting seemed like you had a undead unbilical cord but i came to like you after the bad influence was gone

outlanders: Never interacted with you much except for fighting Onya for as long as it took them to type ca word, but hell if you fight a fight you know you cant win then you end up condead at 450 hours like me

Scion:

The original adivsor (names escapes me at the moment) Man was fun fighting you all the time, and when I killed that behir right after you got it was super pumped, but damn you have some kind of sick sixth sense that would always find me when I has half dead and super jacked up, swoop and and try and kill me before i could get the eyejab off.

Rindros: We went through the lower ranks a little and was hoping to get to take a swing at you but by the time you got up in the ranks was always something that got in the way, and no idea how i would have done....never really fought a conjurer at hero ranks

Zynzyn: good luck and I like your rp, we never really got to duke it out but sure would have been fun.

Nagibah: I think you were my first pk loss like 9 months ago, dang it man stop picking the low hanging fruit of the lowbie ranks and come join the heroes

Scarab:
Dvalygg: tough as nails and great rp, when I killed you a couple days ago and got my fourth mummy kill i wanted to high five the laptop, keep up the deathfulness and the stellar rp.

Nexus:

Solec: glad my last death was to you, man i used to smack you around and still did not do to horrible. Really liked talking to you and it was nice to not have everyone just be crazy all the time.

Pughly: After that incident in the island because of stupid ganacius I had a some pretty bad feeling for you ic but it all washed out in the end, and damn i honest think all of our fights the person who won was at less than 100hp every time

and to the 192438320934825 nexus shifters, keep on trucking the villagers have to get mageslayer titles somehow

p.s. and to anyone i raged at sorry if i did not say it then sometimes people just drive me bonkers and i cant control it, part of being a fireman and a marine i guess

p.p.s. Anyone i forgot (and there is a huge amount) just post and I will reply, its just to late for me to think straight and to late to look through my millions logs

and the final thoughts are cf is and will always be a great game and thanks to everyone who makes it so, but i think i will be taking another break and will see everyone in the fields in a few years

Tontik the Unearthed Caudata (which means salamander if you were to lazy to google it )

AbernyteFri 03-Feb-12 05:20 AM
975 posts
#105893, "Great little rager and DM!"
In response to Reply #6

Watched you get tougher as you got older. You really grew into your characters abilities because damn I saw you dead a lot but then you hit a critical point and started handing out the kickings.

You and another prominent rager in the last few weeks have given me the rager bug back and I enjoyed my first deathblow a few days ago (the first in about 10 years!) and I think I might be hooked again!

Don't leave it too long before you roll again because CF is a great game but it is kept great by people like you playing characters like Tontik.

PuhgulyFri 03-Feb-12 05:35 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2011
197 posts
#105895, "Great Char, Awesome fights. "
In response to Reply #6

I loved me some Tontik. We had some very very good back and forths, lots of really close fights as well. That incident at the Isle... I as a player still feel pretty crappy about it. Sadly, I couldn't not carry out what I said, cause then I wouldn't be rping my character properly. Glad that you enjoyed your character so much, and I am sure that lots of other people did as well. See ya in the fields again soon.

GaplemoFri 03-Feb-12 06:14 AM
619 posts
#105896, "The perfect choice for DM"
In response to Reply #6

I'm glad I picked you. Like it was already stated, you were always badass in the RP department, but Tontik was like a fine wine. He just got better and better with age. I think later in life was the perfect time for you to obtain drillmaster, you really started to carve through foes. Did Nuk and Tontik ever fight? I don't remember if we did. If we did I doubt I won though, I was hoping that circle fight never came, because I would have lost. Nuk was sort of a quiet commander other than his fits of bloodthirst, so you being the stout outspoken leader was perfect. I can't believe you lived so long. This character was just epic on every level man. Kudos to you. The village will suffer with the current crop now that you are not around to show them how a real villager does things.

AbernyteFri 03-Feb-12 06:52 AM
975 posts
#105897, "RE: The perfect choice for DM"
In response to Reply #12

The village will suffer with the current crop now that you are not around to show them how a real villager does things.

Awww Come on, I have not been out of the rager saddle that long!

GaplemoFri 03-Feb-12 12:43 PM
619 posts
#105902, "I meant that more as a compliment to Tontik..."
In response to Reply #13

Than a knock on the current villagers. I think it goes without saying that Tontik was above and beyond your average villager. For a svirf he stood taller than all the villagers around him. That's what made me like him so much.

Mauz (Anonymous)Fri 03-Feb-12 10:33 AM
Charter member
#105901, "Oh, man."
In response to Reply #6

I'll begin by saying that having initially played an enemy of Tontik's I found him to be one of the classiest Villagers to come along in a while. I never felt that Tontik wanted anything other than the fairest fight possible, which was refreshing.

One of the reasons I rolled Mauz was so I could spend some time with you. Unfortunately our times just seemed to not match up the way I would have liked. That's just the way it goes.

But from what I saw on both sides of the fence you were an exemplary Villager, an excellent Drillmaster, and a tough as nails sonofabitch. My only complaint is that I didn't get more Tontik, but I'm selfish.

Good Luck With Your Next

TontikFri 03-Feb-12 09:15 PM
104 posts
#105917, "yeah work blocked cf's new ip and killed my time"
In response to Reply #14

i am a fireman so work 24 hour shifts (which is bad during a raid/pk when a 911 call comes in, but actually only happened 3 times in the life of tontik) So after than and with me nwo currently being in nursing school i had to regulate myself to two hours a day to keep up on all the school work.

but if its any consulation what i saw of mauz i really like, and like i said before glad i brought another over to the darkside whahahahhahahha

Solec of WillowWood (Anonymous)Fri 03-Feb-12 01:51 PM
Charter member
#105904, "It was an honor to usher you into the Beyond."
In response to Reply #6

Amazing character. You were everything I expected a Village Berserker to be. Deathful, cunning, persistant, and mostly, respectful. You were both foe and friend to Solec. I wished you would have taken my offer to join the Island. But those are the breaks. Good luck with you next.

Solec of WillowWood.

N b MFri 03-Feb-12 07:07 PM
Member since 29th Sep 2005
444 posts
#105908, "Absofrickinglutely spectacular."
In response to Reply #6
Edited on Fri 03-Feb-12 07:07 PM

Out of all the villagers I have ever played or played against, you were my favorite. Honorable, stubborn to a fault, and just out for fun no matter the odds. You didn't bitch about bad odds other than to say damn the luck and I guess it's more for us to kill. You took to the Drillmaster job with fervent emphasis and rolled with the direction I (for better or worse) wanted to take the cabal.

I loved me some Tontik, and you better not take that long of a break.

If you do take a break, try not to take too long of one, dust off that keyboard and roll up something that you have never played before.

BRAVO

NbM (akedeh)

TontikFri 03-Feb-12 08:11 PM
104 posts
#105910, "RE: Absofrickinglutely spectacular."
In response to Reply #17

man i thought at the begining the double talk and twitching was going to get on my nerves but you just kept growing and growing on me, I loved your playstyle and damn did we have some fun together.

I also thought it was it was the funniest #### when we would go after some super tough mob or raiding and you would flee like 4 times and have to rest and i would finish the fight at 90% health, seriously that only happened when you were around most of the time i got curbstomped

best of luck and was good times

HammerSongFri 03-Feb-12 07:52 PM
679 posts
#105909, "RE: thanks for all the smoke and blood"
In response to Reply #6

There are a few people that stand out as exceptional followers since my return. Knacnar, Ghrummin are among the few.

Tontik falls into this league. What an outstanding character concept, BattleRager and Noldarian. You went well above what I initially thought was a rough start for a character. Over time, you managed to grasp the concept of my religion which was tarnished (and punished severely) by a single incident. I gave you a second chance and unfortunately was unable to follow through with some oversight to help determine if you were in the running for more Sapper training.

You came out on top in so many battles I expected you to die in and showed a tremendous amount of Courage. Great job with this character and thank you for making him so entertaining.

I think you'll find out you fulfilled several goals, despite what your interpretation of the outcome happens to be.

Good luck with the next.

TontikFri 03-Feb-12 08:19 PM
104 posts
#105911, "RE: thanks for all the smoke and blood"
In response to Reply #18

and yeah like i said thanks again for walking me through the religion i really like the idea and how you broke it down for me like i was a third grader but still made me figure it out myself.

and about the punishment we will just have to agree to disagree, raybear called me a duechebag and must have left some negative imm comments that ended up getting me punished for the same thing they gave thier follower 1k imm exp for, and we even talked about it once and you said I was fine then 1-2 weeks later you punished me so what i take from that is that someone else said it was not fine, or told you i was not telling the truth (and i have no problems posting the entire huge unedited log) so after you told me i was fine you had to come back and put the smack down on me.

p.s. and how long you supposed to wait man when i got punsihed and redeemed i had 6 deaths left..... i went over 400 hours with no second bout of training (and the last 250 hours started when i was at 11 con) i don't know how long people have drillmasters but seemed like a crap ton of time to me, but then again i was playing it and normally condie within 200 hours, oh well

overall like i said great experience and our times must just not have meshed glad you liked what you saw and glad i could make a good impression with my first imm following char this decade.

HammerSongFri 03-Feb-12 08:44 PM
679 posts
#105913, "RE: thanks for all the smoke and blood"
In response to Reply #20

In all fairness, I don't know that I'd go down the route of posting the log for others to view. I have the log in question as well. The actions within went completely against my religion (thus the punishment). I'm happy to discuss it via emails.

I've had nothing but positive experiences with Baer and she's been nothing but fair to players (in my experience). Don't tarnish your death thread with any accusations. Think of how the log might have been interpreted by the God of War, Hardship and a Noldarian and that might give you some perspective into how I was able to digest it.

Good luck with the next and keep your head up. Good things come to those who leave a lasting mark.

TontikFri 03-Feb-12 09:04 PM
104 posts
#105915, "RE: thanks for all the smoke and blood"
In response to Reply #21

yeah good call bygones are bygones, like i said not trying to say anything just guess i interpted differntly than everyone else oh well once again good times and thanks for the games

OldrilSat 04-Feb-12 07:48 AM
641 posts
#105918, "With all due respect"
In response to Reply #21

Tontik was arguably the fairest, most stick to his guns RP character I've been across in a long time.

Why would it be a bad thing for him to post the log?

TontikFri 03-Feb-12 10:29 PM
104 posts
#105921, "RE: With all due respect"
In response to Reply #33

thanks for the compliment man and its over tontiks done no big deal, i dont wanna ruin anyone elses fun by being the bitch about something that does not matter anymore thanks again for all the fun and im glad everyone like the char it was really my best one ever, and one I wont be forgetting anytime soon

DaevrynFri 03-Feb-12 11:11 PM
11117 posts
#105923, "RE: With all due respect"
In response to Reply #33

That's exactly it.

Too good of a character to end up remembered for what might have been his worst day, even if his worst day was still better than most people's worst days.

TontikFri 03-Feb-12 11:23 PM
104 posts
#105924, "RE: With all due respect"
In response to Reply #29
Edited on Fri 03-Feb-12 11:24 PM

thankyou, though sometimes it does seem you can get punished repeadetly for something that happend in 5 minutes when you had the other 450 hours were good, like i said thanks for all the work on the game

KalageadonFri 03-Feb-12 08:50 PM
Member since 23rd Oct 2003
1049 posts
#105914, "RE: thanks for all the smoke and blood"
In response to Reply #20

Don't feel too bad. Back in the day when I played Zylundak I had nearly 700 hrs when I was finally dead. I likely only saw Thror a hand full of times. I think I had... Think.. somewhere over 500ish hours before I even became a full smith. I also held Drillmaster and Commander positions and never got a perk that wasn't natural to Drillmaster/Commander or Tattoo, except title.

Then again, I did have about the most fun with any character I've ever had and the few interactions I had made me feel like I was on top of the world. Even with the limited interactions Thror's religion is still at the top of my list for any one that I've sampled. Not to knock any other imms cause they all do a fantastic job.

As an aside.
- I really liked Tontik both as an Ally and Enemy. I'll not mention the Ally but as Gwildonian you sure made my job annoying at times. I can't tell you how long I would sit around scanning for fire when I knew you were around. That one time outside of town I was really surprised that I got you. Most the time I simply had to revert and word due to that huge reduction in damage you always seemed to have. Anyway, I say you had a pretty stand out char and I wish you luck with your next.

TontikFri 03-Feb-12 09:12 PM
104 posts
#105916, "yeah guess just sour grapes"
In response to Reply #22

i know lots of people have gone way longer than me with nothing to show for it but in the time of custom familars, long descriptions, quest forms and all the other crap it just seems that stuff like that is out there to be had and seems to be handed out lots more than it was ever before and just not sure how much better a char i could possibly played to get some it.....oh well just sorta felt down on myself

and on gwildonian i tried to take the approach of letting some stuff not be up to try and make it a closer fight to keep you around and wow did the work out well fo rme, i think you 4 rounded me hahahaha but yeah i liked the talks and liked the char

Bolzhor (Anonymous)Fri 03-Feb-12 10:06 PM
Charter member
#105920, "Regarding staff and rewards."
In response to Reply #24

I was on almost every single day with Bolzhor. At the time I encountered Garwern, I had not seen Thror or any other village imm even once in my characters life. Garwern had sapper training and yet wasn't a follower of Thror let alone Battle, and Ill admit that it was frustrating. That sort of situation is always going to lead to conspiracy theories and a feeling of sour grapes among players. I pity the staff in that regard because I know they want to reward good players but that always means another character is going to feel slighted because they didn't receive any reward.

I say all that not to slight Thror, but to say that sometimes its not a conspiracy its just how stuff happens.

You got more immortal love than anyone in Battle in a long time, sour grapes is the last thing you should feel. Maybe it was just being in the wrong time at the wrong place for more rewards for Tontik but I am fairly certain the staff loved your character, I know I did.

OdrallagSun 05-Feb-12 12:15 PM
Member since 18th Nov 2011
46 posts
#105995, "RE: thanks for all the smoke and blood"
In response to Reply #6

Thanks for the kind words. Been wanting to try it out for a while, and this char was succesful enough and had the profile, so I went for it! Tontik was a great presence, and I am amazed at how long you held on to your life. I remember you being on the ropes before we even had the Rites. I also saw how you improved and got to know your build better. I remember when you were burning through con like I usually do. It's always cool to see someone learn and improve over the course of a character. In any case, GLWYN, great job!

AmberionFri 03-Feb-12 02:35 AM
Member since 06th Jun 2007
945 posts
#105887, "Awesome character!"
In response to Reply #0

Interacted with you as my duergar village warrior and then fought you a bunch as Fjodir. Super classy, tough as hell, great RP.

One hell of a villager! I'd really like to see you on the pillar! I sure hope you get it!

Awesome awesomeness!

Always shoot first and then call whatever you hit the target.

TontikFri 03-Feb-12 02:54 AM
104 posts
#105889, "RE: Awesome character!"
In response to Reply #5

yeah i caught allot of crap for not looting your big unholy the two times i killed you, but had never looted anything from anyone and was not going to start, I liked both your chars allot. Keep them up.

Allysia (Anonymous)Thu 02-Feb-12 11:56 PM
Charter member
#105885, "You magnificent bastard."
In response to Reply #0

You finally died. I can't believe it, was beginning to think you were immortal or something.

Excellent job with everything I ever saw, start to finish. You were just about one of the last people from my time that was still kicking, kept looking around thinking he had to pop up soon after me and damned if you dind't keep going for a long time.

Hope to see you come up with something equally great in the future!

And sorry for the con loss I may have caused you back in the days when you were keeping the village together.

TontikFri 03-Feb-12 02:55 AM
104 posts
#105890, "RE: You magnificent bastard."
In response to Reply #4

and yeah I am reasonably sure (when i get around to buying the pbf we will see) that you killed me probably twice as much as any other char in cf, and i did not really understand what you were talking about being lonely but hell only after 450 hours i started to not know anyone and you are right, its hard to keep on keeping on.

Ghrondel (Anonymous)Thu 02-Feb-12 11:32 PM
Charter member
#105884, "Awesome Drillmaster"
In response to Reply #0

Classiest non gang happy pincer svirf I've seen in the village in a long, long time. Thror was lucky to have such a great Sapper with his mark.

Good luck with your next!

Bolzhor (Anonymous)Thu 02-Feb-12 11:30 PM
Charter member
#105883, "Great Character"
In response to Reply #0

I saw how bad the odds were you were facing every day as a player and I rolled Bolzhor because of it. Might not have agreed in character about looting but I thought Tontik was a great char all around and I think CF needs more characters like this.

Great job

TontikFri 03-Feb-12 02:57 AM
104 posts
#105891, "RE: Great Character"
In response to Reply #2

thanks man, glad to see i suckered some people into feeling sorry for me and rolling a damn fine villager. Now if you all would have just stuck to your guns we would have ruled the world *insert crazy lagugh here*

Rindros (Anonymous)Thu 02-Feb-12 11:27 PM
Charter member
#105882, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Tontik the Unearthed Caudata, D..."
In response to Reply #0

Shame we never got to fight since I was really looking forward to it, but you probably would have kicked my ass since I don't do very well against villagers.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #105881 Previous topic | Next topic