Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Furhyk Kharhedhe the Champion of t..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #105710
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 23-Jan-12 02:40 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17195 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105710, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Furhyk Kharhedhe the Champion of the Virtues"

Mon Jan 23 12:39:18 2012

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 15th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Furhyk perished, never to return.

Race:dwarf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:59

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Furhyk Kharhedhe the Champion ..., Illanthos, 24-Jan-12 05:32 AM, #13
Reply Nothing but smiles., Laesron (Anonymous), 23-Jan-12 02:56 PM, #7
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Furhyk Kharhedhe the Champion ..., Vaellron (Anonymous), 23-Jan-12 02:48 PM, #2
Reply Heh, Twist, 23-Jan-12 02:51 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Heh, Vaellron (Anonymous), 23-Jan-12 02:56 PM, #6
     Reply Do you sleep?, laxman, 23-Jan-12 04:12 PM, #9
          Reply My playtimes vary, Twist, 23-Jan-12 04:45 PM, #11
Reply Well, that was fun for a bit..., Twist, 23-Jan-12 02:47 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Well, that was fun for a bit..., Yuzxra (Anonymous), 23-Jan-12 02:49 PM, #3
     Reply Not to be mean..., Twist, 23-Jan-12 02:56 PM, #5
          Reply RE: Not to be mean..., Yuzxra (Anonymous), 23-Jan-12 04:26 PM, #10
          Reply Agreed, incognito, 24-Jan-12 09:02 PM, #14
     Reply RE: Well, that was fun for a bit..., Whiysdan, 23-Jan-12 03:16 PM, #8
     Reply RE: Well, that was fun for a bit..., Tontik, 23-Jan-12 11:36 PM, #12

IllanthosTue 24-Jan-12 05:32 AM
Member since 14th Oct 2011
274 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105731, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Furhyk Kharhedhe the Champion ..."
In response to Reply #0

Damn you. You keep doing it to me. I think there's some sort of curse on the Acolytes preventing our numbers from rising above ~3. I keep recruiting and inducting, but they never stay

I liked you! You were pretty fun, and a consistent presence. Furhyk knew his stuff, and I LOVED his backstory. I hope you have that interaction logged. I tend to log stuff only when I'm anticipating something, and for me, RP happens at the drop of a hat.

I am VERY disappointed that I was not online to help you through the 13 card pulls, and give you some inspirational jazz to convince you to truck on through it.

Furhyk was definitely an up-and-coming powerhouse, he will be missed.

GLWYN

Laesron (Anonymous)Mon 23-Jan-12 02:56 PM
Charter member
#105718, "Nothing but smiles."
In response to Reply #0

Admit it, you deleted because there has been no one to fight with for a while.

I liked this one, for what it is worth.

Vaellron (Anonymous)Mon 23-Jan-12 02:48 PM
Charter member
#105712, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Furhyk Kharhedhe the Champion ..."
In response to Reply #0

Seriously what transpired?

TwistMon 23-Jan-12 02:51 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#105714, "Heh"
In response to Reply #2

Furhyk decided to draw 13 times from the Deck of Fate (because he followed Whiysdan and the whole character was based around 13).

The 10th draw was the Temperance card which does bad things (but matched the Faith that Whiysdan had given me).

When the 13th draw did the same card, Furhyk came unglued. Thirteen is supposed to be SPECIAL. Not only did something bad happen (he could take that) but it was the same old boring bad thing that happened on draw 10.

So his whole belief structure turned out to be a lie, he cursed his god as a deceiver (and got unempowered, rightly, because of it), drank all the alcohol he could find, prayed some more choice curses (thirteen poxes on Whiysdan, for instance) and deleted.

Vaellron (Anonymous)Mon 23-Jan-12 02:56 PM
Charter member
#105717, "RE: Heh"
In response to Reply #4

But you were a powerhouse and I was looking forward to learning what I could from you. Because my knowledge is eclipsed by a good bit of the fortress. Good luck with your next. And I'm sure that the fortress outnumbering empire and scion didn't make it better. We are kinda on limbo until darkness builds in numbers.

laxmanMon 23-Jan-12 04:12 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#105722, "Do you sleep?"
In response to Reply #4

serious question I don't know where you get all the time to play so much and I am jealous.

TwistMon 23-Jan-12 04:45 PM
3431 posts
#105724, "My playtimes vary"
In response to Reply #9

When playing Tavlin I had a lot more time to play during the day. Now, not so much, usually.

TwistMon 23-Jan-12 02:47 PM
3431 posts
#105711, "Well, that was fun for a bit..."
In response to Reply #0

Was good to see what monks could do after giving up on elfmonk at level 20 a long time ago (deleted and rolled Dupmasione as shield dedicant instead, for reference's sake).

Wow monks are great tanks. A good choice for Acolyte or Trib, I'd think. Not so much for Maran unless you're badass like Beront - no way to keep someone in combat makes it pretty tough, and makes all those kills he got as Kzardr even more impressive.

Big props/thanks to Whiysdan for the empowerment and stuff. Great interactions. I had fun, hope it was fun for you too.

Thanks to most all I grouped with in Fort and outside.

Enemies were largely awesome too. 2 PKdeaths and I think I lost maybe like 3 things? Maybe not even.

Yuzxra (Anonymous)Mon 23-Jan-12 02:49 PM
Charter member
#105713, "RE: Well, that was fun for a bit..."
In response to Reply #1

As yuzxra and Thevara I learned to pk successfully. View intensify as a flurry. whittle them down to maybe gushing(since your a dwarf) or in my case (half-drow) writhing and intensify I sealed a good bit of kills with it. Fell eleagra and pyrox who at the time were pretty damn deadly. Anyways GLWYN

TwistMon 23-Jan-12 02:56 PM
3431 posts
#105716, "Not to be mean..."
In response to Reply #3

...but yeah, I understand how you'd have to go about using monk's skillset to PK.

But keep in mind you say you learned to pk successfully, yet the two characters you name were a combined 15/80. Not really the kind of record I'd be happy with - that's not a knock on you (or not trying to be), it's more of a knock on me. Some folks can play a character and be happy if they get 14pkwins, even if they lose 56 times. I don't have it in me.

The bottom line is the way things stand right now, I think I fought like 5 times at hero. I did perfectly well in them, generally forcing my foes to run. But being goodie number 3734 that was hunting them didn't entice me.

Your point is well taken, though, except you can't type "flee" in mid flurry (though you can wimpy). Intensify is awesome, but not for sealing a kill ala flurry.

Yuzxra (Anonymous)Mon 23-Jan-12 04:26 PM
Charter member
#105723, "RE: Not to be mean..."
In response to Reply #5

Yes I did step into risky situations that I shouldn't have which got me a lot of pk losses. (Balls to the wall) but I've stopped doing that. However I agree with your game knowledge know that would not be decent at all. I love monks but decided to give them a break seeing there is no empire/scion power going on at all right now. So the choice of prey is slim to none.

incognitoTue 24-Jan-12 09:02 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105741, "Agreed"
In response to Reply #5

I typically flee regularly against monks to counter intensify.

Wimpy, however, often gets screwed by my love of the courageous virtue.

WhiysdanMon 23-Jan-12 03:16 PM
Member since 04th Aug 2011
243 posts
#105719, "RE: Well, that was fun for a bit..."
In response to Reply #1

I definitely did enjoy the interactions. Great fun. I really didn't think you'd go through with the 13 pulls on the Deck of Fate. Great idea, but I kind of figured it would end up with you deleting.

Glad you enjoyed it, too!

"W"

TontikMon 23-Jan-12 11:36 PM
Member since 27th Aug 2011
104 posts
#105730, "RE: Well, that was fun for a bit..."
In response to Reply #1

didnt really get to interact with you much but had some fun in the arena and I dont know why you always pick chars than can roflstomp a pincersvirf but dang a monk paladin can just be rough, always good char glwyn

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #105710 Previous topic | Next topic