Subject: "(CON LOSS) [TRIBUNAL] Naija the Planewalker, Justiciar ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #105606
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 23-Jan-12 11:42 AM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17195 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105606, "(CON LOSS) [TRIBUNAL] Naija the Planewalker, Justiciar of Thera"

Wed Jan 18 16:51:16 2012

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 33rd of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Naija perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:conjurer
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:220

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply <3 @ Marcatis, Twist, Padwei, Proxying, Lhydia, 20-Jan-12 07:34 AM, #23
Reply you know to kill me you need to both enter the same roo..., Ganicus (Anonymous), 20-Jan-12 09:16 AM, #5
Reply I like the 'IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO CATCH A BERSERKER ON FO..., Lhydia, 20-Jan-12 04:49 PM, #13
Reply RE: <3 @ Marcatis, Twist, Padwei, Proxying, Daevryn, 20-Jan-12 09:17 AM, #6
Reply I'll miss Lauren., Laesron (Anonymous), 20-Jan-12 09:22 AM, #7
Reply Nope. No idea this was you., Twist, 20-Jan-12 09:39 AM, #8
Reply Question about your policies and Trib policy in general..., Homard, 20-Jan-12 10:38 AM, #9
Reply If it involved my pets, Quinlon (Anonymous), 20-Jan-12 10:53 AM, #10
Reply RE: Safety, Lhydia, 20-Jan-12 04:58 PM, #15
Reply I'm sure my policy would have been 100% different if I ..., Lhydia, 20-Jan-12 04:56 PM, #14
Reply RE: <3 @ Marcatis, Twist, Padwei, Proxying, Onya (Anonymous), 20-Jan-12 04:24 PM, #11
Reply RE: <3 @ Marcatis, Twist, Padwei, Proxying, Mhag (Anonymous), 20-Jan-12 04:25 PM, #12
Reply Neutral berserker, Bolzhor (Anonymous), 20-Jan-12 06:48 PM, #16
Reply That was a different situation., Lhydia, 20-Jan-12 08:53 PM, #18
Reply This was clearly more reknown character than what you p..., DurNominator, 20-Jan-12 06:56 PM, #17
Reply good justiciar, incognito, 20-Jan-12 09:15 PM, #19
Reply I guess you're still active? You could be a few people...., Lhydia, 20-Jan-12 09:27 PM, #20
Reply Bye Naija!, Kursh (Anonymous), 20-Jan-12 09:30 PM, #21
     Reply My role concept. , Lhydia, 20-Jan-12 11:20 PM, #22
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [TRIBUNAL] Naija the Planewalker, Justic..., Tryphen (Anonymous), 19-Jan-12 02:13 PM, #4
Reply You were like a good teacher, tough but fair., Vokharin (Anonymous), 19-Jan-12 05:22 AM, #3
Reply My much respected foe, Rolas (Anonymous), 18-Jan-12 08:20 PM, #2
Reply Great fights!, Foratha (Anonymous), 18-Jan-12 07:10 PM, #1

LhydiaMon 23-Jan-12 11:42 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105629, "<3 @ Marcatis, Twist, Padwei, Proxying"
In response to Reply #0

I'm not sure how much proxying this character for the first 170 hours actually helped me meet my goals, but it did make me up my game as far as RP goes in an effort to blend in and avoid my habits and quirks.

Padwei, those role contest rewards were the best I've received ever. Also I enjoyed interacting with you about IC conflicts with Fortress and lawlessness towards the beginning.

Twist! This was my first actual Mage follower of yours. I knew it would be difficult getting your attention but I figured if I consistently prayed and thinned the veil eventually you would catch up with me, you did and I was surprised at our interaction awesomeness. I quit proxying a little while after I got your tat, about the same time I was abrasive on the forums, I'm wondering if that had anything to do with not hearing from you again. =P

Marcatis: You do a lot for the mud, specifically the Tribunal cabal. I think you are awesome. You were willing to go out of your way to interact with me on a number of occasions, to answer questions I had in regards to cabal policy, and you really made me get into this character and critically think about different situations I found myself in. My hours dropped off for a while there because for two weeks straight every time I logged in I'd have four or five berserkers gunning for me and I was bleeding con, so I rolled a Nexus Binder to alleviate the frustration. Once you approached me with Justiciar proposal I deleted it and went back to full Naija.

Yantha, you do a good job and were fun to interact with. You've got to get more cock-sure though. You are the Provost, you make the policies. I logged in during my early morning hours before work specifically to interact with you multiple times just so we could hang out.

Tryphen, it was fun watching your character grow. I knew you were new to the game pretty much immediately after interacting with you. I never really could figure out the best way to approach you because you seemed really distant at first even after I made a few efforts of conversation. Once we got you ranked up though and we interacted it was a lot easier. I hope you're satisfied with your legacy choices. Also I hope the things I showed you helped you out and will continue to do so throughout your time on CF, I tried to hit all the points of interest that I wish I knew earlier in my CF career.

Other Magistrates, I tried to help out where I could and interact appropriately.

Goodies: Apparently I was unlikeable...a couple hours after I quit proxying...hm..Haha.

Illanthos, really dug our interactions towards the end, it was awesome of you to listen to my gripes.

Illianthia, Naija totally was all about raiding all the time until you kept almost dying to me. After some conversations and having detect camo I realized you were literally the only Outlander ever online and would be my only Outlander enemy, so I stopped raiding. I thought it was hilarious that you worded the ranger guy that was attacking me at the tree that time, but I was already home free via word of recall so there was no need. Our interactions were top knotch.

Fortress: There were like 5 of you that talked to me over the course of this character and actually listened, much appreciated. Eachainn, you totally rubbed me the wrong way. I attempted to RP/interact with you about five times with no response at all, one time you looked at me after I talked to you in the same room and just wandered off. The first time you talked to me, you were asking if I would give you my rings of stamina. WTF. Sadly that was pretty much the tone of a lot of my Fort Hero interactions. Hey can we have your gear why are we criminals dude we are fort we kill evil u mad bro ono manacles what do you mean you're sad you have to fight us hahaha dont you rp sadness isnt the right emotion we are goodies killing evils.

Evils: Surprisingly I had very few evil deaths, most things that actually attacked me or got attacked by me were neutral ragers or outlanders. Onya, I came close to killing you a couple of times, that was neat for me considering your conservatism. But thats usually how it worked out, people underestimated the dam output the first time they would attack me and then be conservative after.

This build was crazy, I was very stoked at level 17 when I got coyote as my familiar. I wasn't really expecting to win the role-contest, I don't usually do 'journal' type roles, but it made it easier for me to keep track of what I was doing IC.

My pbf comments were mostly positive.

I did have Ganicus writhing in Azreth forest and I was chasing him near Galadon when I got attacked by Taerg, so yeah I did say he interfered and saved Ganicus, so that is what happened. Mostly what I was complaining about was the fact that Ganicus was running away and Taerg intercepted me chasing him. Not sure what you were basing your statement on Iunna, but hey.

Yes I killed a neutral berserker with an Imperial. If I remember correctly we had been fighting in Galadon and he was fleeing in manacles up eastern when he got bashed by Imperial, yes I continued my chase and killed him with the Imperial.

Anyway, it was neat to have a character that I was able to play that I didn't feel biased against or otherwise watched/ignored due to my IP address. I'm not sure if it did or didn't help, but the facts are I haven't gotten many rewards in the past few years, and once my IP was masked via a proxy I got RC win, (quest familiar, quest spell) tattoo, leadership, justiciar, and a bug fixed in 2 days WITHIN 160 HOURS. After proxy came down I got 0 immteraction, and I'm still waiting for the bug I posted to be fixed (quest familiar can't emote). Bug might be due to not having enough IMM exp though, but if I recall correctly for shifters/conjurers the EXP required is 2000 and I had 2400.

Thanks everyone involved for a positive CF experience.

-Jalim

Ganicus (Anonymous)Fri 20-Jan-12 09:15 AM
Charter member
#105630, "you know to kill me you need to both enter the same roo..."
In response to Reply #23
Edited on Fri 20-Jan-12 09:16 AM

I was rope a doping you that entire time and had complete control over the situation. I was actually mad that Taerg interupted because from my perspective that broke up my strategy to kill you.

You are bat #### crazy if you really think you could overtake me in a foot chase where my goal is to get away and not be tracked. Especially with an archon.

LhydiaFri 20-Jan-12 04:49 PM
2390 posts
#105645, "I like the 'IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO CATCH A BERSERKER ON FO..."
In response to Reply #5

However, you were completely right that I couldn't catch you and you proved it solidly with our next interaction.

My point was, the way the comment was made made it look like I was completely lying about the situation when it should have been obvious the dude interfered with our fight and saved you from the possibility of getting finished.

DaevrynFri 20-Jan-12 09:17 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#105631, "RE: <3 @ Marcatis, Twist, Padwei, Proxying"
In response to Reply #23

I think the difference in your experience is less about your IP and more about playing a kind of PK-ineffectual good Tribunal. It's way easier for your RP to stand out playing that vs. assassinating uncaballed assassin #39.

Your mileage may vary. I'm glad you had fun with it.

Laesron (Anonymous)Fri 20-Jan-12 09:22 AM
Charter member
#105632, "I'll miss Lauren."
In response to Reply #23

And we had some interesting talks. I've always thought the relationship between Trib goodies and Maran (or squires, in my case) was one that could be full of depth and aid in both clarifying their roleplay.

Good job, never would have guessed this was a Jalim character.

TwistFri 20-Jan-12 09:39 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#105633, "Nope. No idea this was you."
In response to Reply #23

...but then I usually don't know it is you anyways.

The funny thing is, I felt bad for ignoring you for SUCH A LONG TIME in the early part of your life (while you were proxying). I would log in at unusual times for me just to try to find you.

One day you logged on while I was on as Heben and I *almost* logged off as Heben so I could login as Twist and give you some immteraction goodness, but then of course it'd look like Heben was logging off to avoid you (I'd just logged on IIRC) so I stayed on for a while, then did something else for a few minutes, then logged on as Twist and you'd logged out. Doh!.

Anyways from what I watched, good character. You held it together really really well when you got triple-teamed at the Tree, so nice work on that, too.

HomardFri 20-Jan-12 10:38 AM
Member since 10th Apr 2010
959 posts
#105635, "Question about your policies and Trib policy in general..."
In response to Reply #23

It seemed to me that you had a policy of not warranting a conjie when their pets were still aggro from a fight that started outside a protected city.

Was this how you played it, and how does this mesh with Trib policy overall?

Please not that this is not a criticism, as I think that letting individual magistrates interpret the law is key to making the game fun for everyone (otherwise there could just be NPCs who flag.) I'm just curious because I've never played a Tribbie and your take on it seemed different than what I've experienced in the past.

Quinlon (Anonymous)Fri 20-Jan-12 10:53 AM
Charter member
#105638, "If it involved my pets"
In response to Reply #9

I blatantly lied about the event causing them to agro having took place outside the city and Naija had no other evidence beside he said she said to discern who to flag and so I got away with a few crimes that way.

My only complaint was the whole pets/familiars only count as being safe when the conjie is in the same room as them...

LhydiaFri 20-Jan-12 04:58 PM
2390 posts
#105647, "RE: Safety"
In response to Reply #10

As far as familiars go I said it wasn't a crime to hit a familiar in town because from a RP perspective, random warrior dude who sees a coyote running up the street and is like HOLY #### A COYOTE IS LOOSE IN TOWN KILL IT WITH FIRE might not necessarily know that it is the familiar of a conjurer. Sure we all know what the familiars are, but random CF character might not and might just think its some creature he can pop for fun.

LhydiaFri 20-Jan-12 04:56 PM
2390 posts
#105646, "I'm sure my policy would have been 100% different if I ..."
In response to Reply #9

The way the character viewed it though and my view was...it has been long standing policy from leader to leader that if you get gaunted out of town, or fiended out of town, or even 'the hunted' out of town, and you word or run into town and it tracks you, there is no crime involved because the initial attacked happened out of town.

I knew, as Naija, that I would run into situations where villager/outlander/whoever would attack my archon out of town, and walk in town behind me just to get attacked so they could bitch about it and say I broke the law, so even before I was Justiciar I spoke to Yantha about it and we decided that, like a nightgaunt, once a creature is attacked it has a natural response to chase. This is no fault of the conjurers, and it doesn't represent irrisponsibility on the conjurer's part, it is simply a creature defending itself. So I said that as long as the servitor doesn't cast area spells, and as long as it isn't a situation of like..a demon attacking a paladin, then if the Conjurer does not participate in the assault and isn't assaulted, it is between the creature and the aggressive individual who provoked it. I also said that if a demon and an angel got into it in town and there was no player involved, it wasn't a crime.

So yeah I sort of did it to avoid breaking the law on my own part with this character, but from a conjurer's perspective it made sense in character as well.

Current and future Provosts have the ability to change this viewpoint and a lot of the 'gray' areas of Tribunal Law are not set in stone, that is one aspect of Tribunal I like. Iktul had COMPLETELY different viewpoints on multiple issues than Naija and probably would have had a LOT more flags placed, and most people said Naija was a hardass.

Also Tryphen, that day you mentioned Iktul to me I LOL'd.

Onya (Anonymous)Fri 20-Jan-12 04:24 PM
Charter member
#105640, "RE: <3 @ Marcatis, Twist, Padwei, Proxying"
In response to Reply #23

Strong character. I've always found conjurer's with archons to be trouble, but yours seemed to be especially difficult for some reason. By the way, getting me low and killing me are two COMPLETELY different things. Archon conjurer's just aren't a threat to actually kill me, just beat the snot outta me lol. And you definatly did that so well done and GLWYN.

Mhag (Anonymous)Fri 20-Jan-12 04:25 PM
Charter member
#105641, "RE: <3 @ Marcatis, Twist, Padwei, Proxying"
In response to Reply #23

Damn when you said your con was low and that you werent doing anything about it, I was pretty sad. Then it turned out it must have been super low, kudos on burning that much con in that amount of time, when I was with you, I knew you had my back (even if it was a word for my own good) and I have a tendency to get people killed with my antics (Sorry Naakt et al) with you though it seemed you were unstoppable, the pk ratio doesnt really reflect it, but i guess thats down to a lot of people fleeing. With your setup you could walk into the tree and take it with 2 defenders, thats some impressive stuff, alot of servitor work, but you seemed to prep well and have some really good game knowledge. Your rp and feel of the character was pretty immersive and i genuienly liked the persona, you made me lol with your first tell and it was fun to kill stuff with you. Thanks for the boosting on Calandryl too. GLWYN (P.s. Immteraction/reward is totally random, I think its less IP snoop and more RP snoop)

Bolzhor (Anonymous)Fri 20-Jan-12 06:48 PM
Charter member
#105648, "Neutral berserker"
In response to Reply #23

I was the neutral berserker you jumped right after I killed Eleagra, who had bard Sorva with him helping.

LhydiaFri 20-Jan-12 08:53 PM
2390 posts
#105654, "That was a different situation."
In response to Reply #16

But yeah, to Naija Battle was more evil than Empire considering her beliefs, both were evil, but she'd put any rager down she could given the opportunity.

DurNominatorFri 20-Jan-12 06:56 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105649, "This was clearly more reknown character than what you p..."
In response to Reply #23

We didn't interact, but my character had an idea who Naija was, while the rest of the characters you played last year (if you had any) did not stand out in similar fashion as far as I know. This, in my opinion, affected towards the recognition you got from Imms more than any proxying (unless the proxying alters your own behaviour in positive fashion). Naija was somewhat famous (via notes and stuff) and contributed towards RP enviroment to increase the immersion into the game environment. We never interacted, Naija had a minor positive effect towards my character regardless.

incognitoFri 20-Jan-12 09:15 PM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105657, "good justiciar"
In response to Reply #23

I never got any joy out of your judgments, but at least you did more than a token investigation.

Basically I felt like you recognised that I'd been screwed (repeatedly) by magistrates and that you tried to do your job to get to the truth. In practice, there wasn't much you could do (given time elapsed etc.), but unlike the others (who could have done something) you tried, and for that, I give you props.

I didn't know this character well, but what I saw, I liked.

LhydiaFri 20-Jan-12 09:27 PM
2390 posts
#105658, "I guess you're still active? You could be a few people...."
In response to Reply #19

gr

Kursh (Anonymous)Fri 20-Jan-12 09:30 PM
Charter member
#105659, "Bye Naija!"
In response to Reply #23

Thank you, you were fun to have around as a super secret investigator!

I'm really curious, what determined your decision to be Justiciar instead of Vindicator?

LhydiaFri 20-Jan-12 11:20 PM
2390 posts
#105662, "My role concept. "
In response to Reply #21

Literally just thought it was a neat role idea and went with it. Her whole purpose was to be better than her father was to prove that she wasn't as worthless as him abandoning her due to his own failures as a Judge/Protector of the people made her feel.

Tryphen (Anonymous)Thu 19-Jan-12 02:13 PM
Charter member
#105620, "RE: (CON LOSS) [TRIBUNAL] Naija the Planewalker, Justic..."
In response to Reply #0

Hoped it would not happen so soon, but as the inevitable happens.. Initially as a Magistrate, I was not really sure how to take you since you seemed the rather strict and not one to cross or bother type and thats all I knew.. Once I got to know you a bit and saw the other side I really ended up liking you a lot. Much appreciation for all the help and loved the little adventures we had in the last bits of Naija's life. Definitiely one of my favouries.. Your advice helped much in the Spire itself, all around techniques, and experiences. The spire took a large blow with your passing, regardless what others may think.

BTW, Will keep your bear safe as long as I can.

GLWYN

My respects,
Tryphen

Vokharin (Anonymous)Thu 19-Jan-12 05:22 AM
Charter member
#105615, "You were like a good teacher, tough but fair."
In response to Reply #0

The greater archon conjuring/glorious archon coupled with the beefed up coyote made you the nightmare build for an outlander. You could see us, hurt us and after fleeing a little and moving a few rooms, be back to near full health.

You always came to retrieve and raid, making you a lot of fun in my book and would always try my best to bring you down and got you convulsing a few times but never got the kill. That said I did get the runner-up prize of a familiar death when you worded out of the refuge.

Only time I saw you die was in that mad clusterf**k fight where you came for the scales at the same time as Foratha, Nivaen and I were defending against Scree and either Quinlon or some fire giant. It was mental for a good 20-30 minutes before you fell at the centaur.

You ranked super quick and had the uber-archon and familiar, you rarely died to the playerbase so I guess you explored plenty and lost all your con in 220 hours that way?!

Gutted you have gone because pretty much all of the tribunals are too scared to try and retrieve!

anyway, GLWYN.

Rolas (Anonymous)Wed 18-Jan-12 08:20 PM
Charter member
#105608, "My much respected foe"
In response to Reply #0

You were a frickin powerhouse. I was literally flummoxed on how to deal with you. After a while I just decided, screw the kill, go for her familiar every time. You were definitely deadly and on your game. I tip my hat to you, and look forward to your next character.

Foratha (Anonymous)Wed 18-Jan-12 07:10 PM
Charter member
#105607, "Great fights!"
In response to Reply #0

Enjoyed fighting you a lot. You felt nearly impossible to kill, so the two kills I landed on you (1 was like 5vs3 or so and then the last con-death kill 1vs1) was very satisfying.

Keep kicking ass and GLWYN

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #105606 Previous topic | Next topic