Subject: "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Akedeh Aruk'kal the Imperceptible P..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #105540
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 18-Jan-12 02:29 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17195 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105540, "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Akedeh Aruk'kal the Imperceptible Pestilence, Hunted by the Fortress, Commander of Battle"

Mon Jan 16 12:41:35 2012

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 18th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Akedeh perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:294

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply May the fierce gale winds guide your strikes., Akedeh (Anonymous), 16-Jan-12 03:06 PM, #24
Reply RE: May the fierce gale winds guide your strikes., Belgha (Anonymous), 16-Jan-12 03:17 PM, #1
Reply Not even an honorable mention! I'm insulted!, Kalash (Anonymous), 16-Jan-12 03:19 PM, #2
Reply Liked me some Akedeh, nice job., Allysia (Anonymous), 16-Jan-12 03:26 PM, #3
Reply When Taerg died, you took his place., Solec of WillowWood (Anonymous), 16-Jan-12 03:35 PM, #4
Reply RE: May the fierce gale winds guide your strikes., Rayihn, 16-Jan-12 04:17 PM, #5
Reply I like this part -, Dallevian, 16-Jan-12 05:24 PM, #8
Reply Well played, Ghrondel (Anonymous), 16-Jan-12 04:45 PM, #7
Reply Was so glad you got commander, Bolzhor (Anonymous), 16-Jan-12 05:29 PM, #9
Reply I liked your focus, Twist, 16-Jan-12 05:38 PM, #10
Reply I adored this character. Very well done..., Gar (Anonymous), 16-Jan-12 06:19 PM, #11
Reply This is prolly the saddest death yet during my characte..., Puhguly, 16-Jan-12 07:28 PM, #12
Reply Was fun, Atracius (Anonymous), 16-Jan-12 10:36 PM, #13
Reply son of a bit.....thats like 8 commanders i have put dow..., Tontik, 16-Jan-12 10:44 PM, #14
Reply Top Notch Commander, Mauz (Anonymous), 16-Jan-12 11:37 PM, #15
Reply RE: May the fierce gale winds guide your strikes., Fjarn, 17-Jan-12 07:21 AM, #16
Reply Fearsome enemy., KrunkTheOrc (Anonymous), 17-Jan-12 09:29 AM, #17
Reply You were awesome as everyone said, Donderston (Anonymous), 17-Jan-12 10:43 AM, #18
Reply RE: May the fierce gale winds guide your strikes., scree (Anonymous), 17-Jan-12 07:17 PM, #21
Reply Well played, Argivo (Anonymous), 18-Jan-12 01:25 AM, #22
Reply RE: May the fierce gale winds guide your strikes., Odrallag, 18-Jan-12 02:22 PM, #23
Reply RE: May the fierce gale winds guide your strikes., HammerSong, 18-Jan-12 09:26 PM, #25
Reply NbM = Gahdak and Ohbehb :), TMNS, 19-Jan-12 03:15 AM, #26
Reply RE: NbM = Gahdak and Ohbehb :), HammerSong, 19-Jan-12 12:49 PM, #30
Reply I am quas, laxman, 19-Jan-12 11:44 AM, #28
Reply I am wrathpuppet, also for the record. n/t, Homard, 19-Jan-12 11:59 AM, #29
Reply I appreciate the praise, sirrah, Rindros (Anonymous), 19-Jan-12 11:32 AM, #27
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Akedeh Aruk'kal the Imperceptib..., the-me (Anonymous), 17-Jan-12 01:21 PM, #20
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Akedeh Aruk'kal the Imperceptib..., Daevryn, 16-Jan-12 04:38 PM, #6
     Reply Add to that:, Daevryn, 17-Jan-12 11:15 AM, #19

Akedeh (Anonymous)Wed 18-Jan-12 02:29 PM
Charter member
#105541, "May the fierce gale winds guide your strikes."
In response to Reply #0

Wow, where the heck do I even start? Oh, at the beginning I suppose.

I rolled Akedeh with the entire legacy setup in mind for one reason, to see if I could take out Tavlin alone. Unfortunately I never got the chance, but in hindsight I think if he came against me in the village he would of had a good fight.

How do you rp an overagressive self depreciating mage hating arial who stutters? Well, I tried anyway.

Imms :

Thror - I can't laud over how outstanding and lifelike cf feels when you are around. You push people to do things they would never have considered and you reward those people who take chances awesomely. That being said, you've got to come around more often man! You are just too good at this to not make time for it

Iunna - I only saw you a few times, but every time you came around it seems like the villagers peeked up.

Rayihn/Baerinika - I tried to rp with you a few times, as both your identities. I was truly impressed by how different you could portray the personalities.

Foes :

Puhguly - I freaking can't say enough good about you as a foe. You would take chances, try to recover your item no matter the odds, keep every thing in character but very sporting, and you were just a good enemy. I will miss our fights, you were my favorite foe and you should've given up on the island then came and pledged to the village.

Solec - CURSE YOU! I never got a chance to fight you with... well, you know what I mean. Oh well, this character could change the course of any fight, armadillo porcupine is just dangerous.

Dvalygg - You were one of my favorite enemies to run up against because the odds were almost always in your favor and it seemed like a true challenge, though the few times you got out of the areas you seemed to prefer to fight in, things swung my way.

Rindros - I adore this character, you were dangerous and have built one of the more dangerous chasms in a long long time. And despite all that, our conversations were fun.

Scree - Dangerous dangerous dangerous, my only beef is that you don't take as many chances as you did when we first fought.

Zynzyn - On a pk level, you really weren't that dangerous Akedeh... yet. But on a role play level, I loved me the S out of everything you had to say.

Eachainn - Dude, I tried to give you every opportunity to role play with me I could, but you just would either ignore me, or log off. Eventually watching you lead other marans to the village and then abandoning them so you could keep your leader position really started to irritate me.

Krunk - Sorry I had you marked, but you kept freaking taking the head. And when I confronted you about it, you didn't lie your way out of it or say you would stop, so I had to have you marked hunted. Fun dangerous character though, oh how I hate me some spinebreak.

Eleagra - For, the, love, of, god. Take a chance, and start to rp a little.

Friends :

There are so many up and coming villagers, I don't really know how to comment on all of them. So many stand outs it will be neat to see where the village goes in the futures.

Tontik - You bastard, I told you that you would outlast me. You need to start logging on and helping out the little guys, they are going to be hurting soon!

Boggom - Same with you, stand out dangerous villager. At first you rubbed me the wrong way just a bit, but you seemed to realize it and calm down, since then you've been both an asset in pk and tactical knowledge.

Mauz - I heart me some Mauz, be wary of the shadows you magicians.

Salyeris/Tousil - I am sorry I couldn't finish what you guys started like I said I would, I hope you see it through.

Well, it was a spectacular experience on all fronts. People say carrionfields is dieing off, but I can't disagree more. This game has never been more spectacular and if everyone would just take the time to log in and play against good or bad odds they may just see that.

Well, time to think up another role, see you all in the fields.

NbM

Belgha (Anonymous)Mon 16-Jan-12 03:17 PM
Charter member
#105542, "RE: May the fierce gale winds guide your strikes."
In response to Reply #24

I wish our times could have matched up better only got to fight you once. You and bogg seemed to show up at the right time, I had no preps up at all pincer/cran is no fun. See you in the fields!

Kalash (Anonymous)Mon 16-Jan-12 03:19 PM
Charter member
#105543, "Not even an honorable mention! I'm insulted!"
In response to Reply #24

hahah, just kidding. Akedeh was fun to fight against, even though it was almost always impossible for me to win. The few times I did get lucky were just that, luck! You are literally the only char that's caught me with my pants down, but you've done it so many times!

I had hoped to start RPing a bit more with you, but alas, constitution's a biznitch. Sorry to see you go, good enemies are hard to come by.

GLWYN

Allysia (Anonymous)Mon 16-Jan-12 03:26 PM
Charter member
#105544, "Liked me some Akedeh, nice job."
In response to Reply #24

I don't even remember if you got commander while I was still alive, and if you had I didn't live much past that, but I liked Akedeh as a foe the chances we had to fight, though I'm sure if I had to fight Akedeh at the end of his life our fights would have been far more one-sided in your favor.

You were ballsy to a fault at times, coming at the Island and pretty much everything that moved and was an enemy, head or no, and just throwing down without care if you died- which was a style I just can't seem to match.
You really did start dominating me by the end though. Impale with an iron spear + boneshatter just ruined my day so many times, but we had a few good scraps that I recall, and you certainly had me on my toes when you were around. Partly due to the fact that you were the only villager to kill me in a span of close to six months.

Well done, looking forward to seeing what you come out with next for sure.

Solec of WillowWood (Anonymous)Mon 16-Jan-12 03:35 PM
Charter member
#105545, "When Taerg died, you took his place."
In response to Reply #24

Taerg was always Solec's worst nightmare. And when he passed on, you seemed to fill his place perfectly. Deadly, well roleplayed, showed up in the damnedest of places. Your set up made me miserable. Exceptionally well done, and I'll see you in the fields.

Solec of WillowWood

P.S. The Village is much less without you. And that makes me happy.

RayihnMon 16-Jan-12 04:12 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105546, "RE: May the fierce gale winds guide your strikes."
In response to Reply #24
Edited on Mon 16-Jan-12 04:17 PM

All in all a very good character. You fought well and classy, the type of person I wouldn't mind fighting/losing to.

That said, there were a few things that smudged this character a little bit for me. I think your imm paranoia/dislike clouds your IC judgement sometimes, often unfounded. Telling Nexus you thought Baer was telling them where you were? Crazy talk. Baer wouldn't even tell Fort where someone was so they could go pk them, that would be dishonorable. No, she's not an honor god, but she believes in a fair fight. The idea that she'd IC go to the fence-sitters so they could go kill you? Purple meth crazy talk. Further, that would be walking an imm line of cheating, so it does seem kind of like you're not so veiled accusing me of doing so. Meh on that.

As far as the war went, I ignored it at first, but then Reksah accused me of turning Baer too nice and I realized he was pretty much right. Baer wouldn't roll over and take someone taking the Orb without repercussions. So, those that did were hunted. Yes, this probably made life more difficult for the Fort than the ignoring did, but it still felt like the right thing to do at the time. It racked up body counts on both sides, and I suppose at the end of the day, that's what CF is meant to do.

Eachainn can defend himself if he wants to, but I've never had any problems with how he handled things. It constantly amused me to see a bunch of neutral battle screaming coward at him.

So, all in all, good luck on your next. Maybe try a follower some time. I imagine it wouldn't be as painful as you think it would be.

Edited to say: Thanks for the compliment on being able to clearly distinguish my two imm personas apart. Sometimes if I play too much Baer, Ray gets a little cold-feeling, so I've been trying extra hard not to let that happen.

DallevianMon 16-Jan-12 05:24 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1639 posts
#105552, "I like this part -"
In response to Reply #5

"It racked up body counts on both sides, and I suppose at the end of the day, that's what CF is meant to do."

Ghrondel (Anonymous)Mon 16-Jan-12 04:45 PM
Charter member
#105548, "Well played"
In response to Reply #24

I hope my forgecraft helped with those maces! +16 dam was pretty sweet

Bolzhor (Anonymous)Mon 16-Jan-12 05:29 PM
Charter member
#105553, "Was so glad you got commander"
In response to Reply #24

Great char all around, GLWYN.

TwistMon 16-Jan-12 05:38 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#105554, "I liked your focus"
In response to Reply #24

Each time Heben would tell you where this or that Imperial non-mage was, you'd tell Heben that you didn't care (though a bit more nicely, I s'pose).

Very clear that the only non-magi you wanted to hunt were the ones in Scion and Nexus.

Well RP'd from the amount that I watched you from the skies, too. Nice work.

Gar (Anonymous)Mon 16-Jan-12 06:19 PM
Charter member
#105555, "I adored this character. Very well done..."
In response to Reply #24

I can't say enough good things about Akedeh. Your roleplay was fresh and new, a breath of fresh air. You were a hell of a fighter but you had no problem sitting down and roleplaying it was just...it was amazing.

Good job.

PuhgulyMon 16-Jan-12 07:28 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2011
197 posts
#105558, "This is prolly the saddest death yet during my characte..."
In response to Reply #24

I was/am a super fan of your character. I also loved the hell out of our fights. I think you were the only rager that I wouldn't just quaff out on during a close fight (if I wasn't trying to regain the key.) I knew that there was very little chance I had to actually kill you, but I also didn't want to cheat you out of a well earned victory either.

I appreciate the kind words, and I cannot wait to see what the next incarnation is. Hopefully I will end up alongside the next one, whatever it is. GLWYN and if you haven't ever done it, give Nexus a go.

Atracius (Anonymous)Mon 16-Jan-12 10:36 PM
Charter member
#105560, "Was fun"
In response to Reply #24

Thanks for being a good Commander, thought you did a great job. Unfortunately I didn't get to see you fight directly as much as I would have liked, but thems the breaks. I think the Village is on an upswing thanks to you. GLWYN!

TontikMon 16-Jan-12 10:44 PM
Member since 27th Aug 2011
104 posts
#105561, "son of a bit.....thats like 8 commanders i have put dow..."
In response to Reply #24

seriously absoultey rocked having you around and you were a great choice for commander i cant believe i have outlived you out of shear meaness i guess ahhahahahah. Seriously though finals and chirstmas and crap really hurt my time for a bit but been back in force lately then you freaking condie on me.....

And cf lives for sure like you said, i had really great times with you and I would actually giggle a little to myself when we would raid and you as the supertanky char would have to flee at 30% and i would finish and be at 99% always made me laugh and i know it drove you crazy. Well I will be joining you really soon but we had one hell of a run, good luck with your next

Mauz (Anonymous)Mon 16-Jan-12 11:37 PM
Charter member
#105563, "Top Notch Commander"
In response to Reply #24

Liked Akedeh a lot. You were an absolute beast to watch in battle.

Enjoyed your RP, but I never took the way you spoke as a stutter, per se. It came across, to me, as more of a hesitance, which I thought meshed amazingly well with your indomitable martial prowess. You'd Unspeak some mage and then report "Mage is, is dead." For me it added humility to a build that a lot of guys would have played off as Rambo.

Excellent work.

I had no idea whatsoever that you were that close to con-death. I would have loved to have quested with the rest of the Village to restore your vitality.

You'll be missed.

FjarnTue 17-Jan-12 07:21 AM
Member since 03rd Jun 2008
173 posts
#105565, "RE: May the fierce gale winds guide your strikes."
In response to Reply #24

You never know what you're going to get when you pick a leader until much later, when you can look back in hindsight. After watching you and the village you've built over this time, I'm really glad you got it. It seemed to me that you earned the respect of your enemies as well.

The way you kept the village focused where you wanted it to go was superb. I thought Akedeh was well-played, and even though I knew this was coming soon, I'm sad to see it finally happen.

KrunkTheOrc (Anonymous)Tue 17-Jan-12 09:29 AM
Charter member
#105566, "Fearsome enemy."
In response to Reply #24

Krunk - Sorry I had you marked, but you kept freaking taking the head. And when I confronted you about it, you didn't lie your way out of it or say you would stop, so I had to have you marked hunted. Fun dangerous character though, oh how I hate me some spinebreak.

I think this was a case of two characters RP leading them to a place of IC consequences, or at least that was certainly the impression I got from you.

You were a very very tough matchup for Krunk, and you certainly came out ahead in the end, but hopefully we had some mildly entertaining fights for you. They were nerve racking for me. I'm not sure if arials have a weakness to sprinebreak (hollow bones), but it sure seemed like you got hit with it most every time.

Well played. Good luck on whatever comes next.

Donderston (Anonymous)Tue 17-Jan-12 10:43 AM
Charter member
#105569, "You were awesome as everyone said"
In response to Reply #24

I'm not used to having such good experiences with villagers while I'm directly opposed to them, but interactions with you and a couple others in recent memory have always been great.

You seemed to have most of the Island on their heels, but Donderston didn't really understand what they were so worried about. As a player I could see how dangerous you were to just about everyone out there though (and me unless things went well early). Great build, and I've always wanted to try something similar.

scree (Anonymous)Tue 17-Jan-12 07:17 PM
Charter member
#105584, "RE: May the fierce gale winds guide your strikes."
In response to Reply #24

Thanks for the fights. They were always scary. In most our fights a round or more would have ended me. RNG is a fickle mistress and luck's a bitch

glwyn

Argivo (Anonymous)Wed 18-Jan-12 01:25 AM
Charter member
#105590, "Well played"
In response to Reply #24

Well played. Just, very well played.

IC, of course, Argivo had a lot of respect for your skills but felt very differently about the character

OdrallagWed 18-Jan-12 02:22 PM
Member since 18th Nov 2011
46 posts
#105602, "RE: May the fierce gale winds guide your strikes."
In response to Reply #24

Big Akedeh fan. Great Commander, really enjoyed the line you took and the focus you tried to push into the village. I did send a note to all the village imms after we talked the other day, but... I guess that didn't pan out. Heh. Wish I would have spent some more time as a mort in the village with you, but hey, thems the breaks. Good luck with the next!

HammerSongWed 18-Jan-12 09:26 PM
679 posts
#105609, "RE: May the fierce gale winds guide your strikes."
In response to Reply #24

My availability has been somewhat strained the beginning of this new year but I had hopes to try to redeem you with a con quest. I saw Odrallag's note a couple of days ago, checked your con one evening and our paths didn't cross.

That being said, you easily would have earned one.

Initially, you indicated that you were not interested in a role as a leader. However, some characters (and players) are inclined to lead, even by example.

Akedeh was one such character. You had focus, drive, motivation and a unique way of inspiring those around you.

I still have no clue who NBM is vs Quas vs Wrathpuppet on these forums. Damn if I can't keep up with all the names. What I do know is, you are among an elite group of players that continues to produce quality characters. Thanks for bringing that to the mud.

I also appreciate you participating in the events we put on. Players like you make this a quality game. Great job with Akedeh. I had hopes to see him take his "conquest" of magic even further. Damndable con!

Cheers.

TMNSThu 19-Jan-12 03:15 AM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#105612, "NbM = Gahdak and Ohbehb :)"
In response to Reply #25

That's really all you need to know re: Battle

HammerSongThu 19-Jan-12 12:49 PM
679 posts
#105619, "RE: NbM = Gahdak and Ohbehb :)"
In response to Reply #26

...now that I've seen the posts below...

So confused! Bastirds!

laxmanThu 19-Jan-12 11:44 AM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#105617, "I am quas"
In response to Reply #25

for the record

HomardThu 19-Jan-12 11:59 AM
Member since 10th Apr 2010
959 posts
#105618, "I am wrathpuppet, also for the record. n/t"
In response to Reply #25

n/t

Rindros (Anonymous)Thu 19-Jan-12 11:32 AM
Charter member
#105616, "I appreciate the praise, sirrah"
In response to Reply #24

It really sucks that our times didn't really mesh very well till after the holidays (sorry everyone, but we were both guilty).

I enjoyed the volatile nature of our (few) fights. Usually when you were on though, the veil was so strong (because other ragers would log on) that I couldn't get a strong pet to fight you, as evidenced by that barbed devil.

When you were on I knew there was going to be excitement, and thats all anyone could ask for. Always very strong and looking for a fight.

the-me (Anonymous)Tue 17-Jan-12 01:21 PM
Charter member
#105572, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Akedeh Aruk'kal the Imperceptib..."
In response to Reply #0

Gonna post as non specific as I interacted with you with a number of chars. You even landed a kill on me in the most surprising turn around. I thought your character was awesome, in a cabal that somtimes takes the cheap kill, you didnt. What little verbal interactions we had were top notch and the feel of the village was altered by your commandership (is that a word)? I've also seen a lot of quality balls to the walls guys that you inducted with top notch RP. Nothing but praise, really surprised they didnt just toss your more con, but maybe they did You lived the life of the character from start to finish and for this sir, I applaud you.

DaevrynMon 16-Jan-12 04:38 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#105547, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Akedeh Aruk'kal the Imperceptib..."
In response to Reply #0

Really great effort all-around. Easily one of my favorites of yours.

DaevrynTue 17-Jan-12 11:15 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#105570, "Add to that:"
In response to Reply #6

1) I really liked that you had an original take on who got raided and such and when. It's hard to manage something new under the sun there.

2) I think this character's particular speech patterns helped you a lot because it really helped convey the feel of the character.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #105540 Previous topic | Next topic