Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Heben Kiph'Wa the Legend of the B..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #105414
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 10-Jan-12 11:40 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17195 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105414, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Heben Kiph'Wa the Legend of the Battlefield"

Tue Jan 10 21:39:32 2012

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Heben perished, never to return.

Race:fire
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:158

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Heben Kiph'Wa the Legend of t..., Mhag (Anonymous), 13-Jan-12 03:03 PM, #39
Reply No need to be sorry, Twist, 13-Jan-12 04:34 PM, #40
Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Heben Kiph'Wa the Legend of t..., Garm (Anonymous), 11-Jan-12 10:42 PM, #35
Reply Giant sword flurryspec with rape role? Twist?, Twist, 10-Jan-12 11:51 PM, #1
     Reply What do you think of outlander for warriors?, Oldril, 10-Jan-12 11:56 PM, #2
     Reply That was part of the experiment, Twist, 11-Jan-12 12:19 AM, #5
          Reply I had the same idea, Gaspar, 13-Jan-12 11:50 AM, #37
               Reply and strength of the ancients?, Tsunami, 13-Jan-12 11:56 AM, #38
     Reply RE: Giant sword flurryspec with rape role? Twist?, Malawen (Anonymous), 11-Jan-12 12:05 AM, #3
     Reply You made leader life hard, Rindros (Anonymous), 11-Jan-12 12:12 AM, #4
     Reply That ranger lied to me..., Twist, 11-Jan-12 12:32 AM, #6
     Reply Was looking forward to run with you., Foratha (Anonymous), 11-Jan-12 01:12 AM, #7
     Reply RE: Giant sword flurryspec with rape role? Twist?, Onya (Anonymous), 11-Jan-12 02:36 AM, #8
     Reply Ha! I finally killed a char of yours after like 15 year..., Lloth (Anonymous), 11-Jan-12 02:44 AM, #9
     Reply Is it due to lack of outtie Imms that they are dragging..., Abernyte, 11-Jan-12 04:00 AM, #10
     Reply I've noticed some interesting logging as well, incognito, 11-Jan-12 04:55 PM, #26
     Reply Good times, Rolas (Anonymous), 11-Jan-12 09:31 AM, #11
     Reply Why the edited mancrush?, Dallevian, 11-Jan-12 10:37 AM, #12
     Reply RE: Why the edited mancrush?, Twist, 11-Jan-12 10:39 AM, #13
          Reply Sure., Dallevian, 11-Jan-12 10:50 AM, #14
          Reply RE: Sure., Twist, 11-Jan-12 11:52 AM, #17
          Reply RE: Why the edited mancrush?, Isildur, 11-Jan-12 11:02 AM, #15
               Reply Dallevian is probably refering to, Twist, 11-Jan-12 11:43 AM, #16
                    Reply RE: Dallevian is probably refering to, Isildur, 11-Jan-12 12:06 PM, #19
     Reply RE: Giant sword flurryspec with rape role? Twist?, Akedeh (Anonymous), 11-Jan-12 12:04 PM, #18
     Reply That tell..., Twist, 11-Jan-12 01:28 PM, #21
     Reply Farewell my friend, Quinlon (Anonymous), 11-Jan-12 12:47 PM, #20
     Reply RE: Farewell my friend, Twist, 11-Jan-12 01:32 PM, #22
          Reply RE: Farewell my friend, Daevryn, 11-Jan-12 01:40 PM, #23
          Reply because, Quinlon (Anonymous), 11-Jan-12 01:45 PM, #24
               Reply Huh., Twist, 11-Jan-12 02:09 PM, #25
     Reply RE: Giant sword flurryspec with rape role? Twist?, Illanthos, 11-Jan-12 06:52 PM, #27
     Reply I kept waiting...., Twist, 11-Jan-12 08:13 PM, #32
     Reply RE: Giant sword flurryspec with rape role? Twist?, Zynzyn (Anonymous), 11-Jan-12 06:56 PM, #28
     Reply You will be missed., Cirkie (Anonymous), 11-Jan-12 07:12 PM, #29
     Reply Sort of a grudge..., Twist, 11-Jan-12 08:15 PM, #33
     Reply Thanks for the fun!, Craia (Anonymous), 11-Jan-12 07:19 PM, #30
     Reply Correction: poor tactics on your part does not equal lu..., Puhguly, 11-Jan-12 08:12 PM, #31
     Reply RE: Correction: poor tactics on your part does not equa..., Isildur, 11-Jan-12 09:32 PM, #34
     Reply RE: Giant sword flurryspec with rape role? Twist?, Tousil (Anonymous), 12-Jan-12 12:02 AM, #36

Mhag (Anonymous)Fri 13-Jan-12 03:03 PM
Charter member
#105491, "RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Heben Kiph'Wa the Legend of t..."
In response to Reply #0

God damnit, every time you started bashing me I turned into a spaz and decide to flurry through it or something. Sorry about the time near the vaults we were just trying to get them some exp in Trothon not really prepped for a fight, besides its a long wake to get the stuff from your corpse

TwistFri 13-Jan-12 04:34 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105497, "No need to be sorry"
In response to Reply #39

You had the exact right of it, we'd have gone for you first to get you out of the way. Heben didn't see things that way of course, she fully expected to jump groups of 3 (and 4 one time) and kill one or two and either escape or make the others run.

It really didn't work out that way most of the time.

Garm (Anonymous)Wed 11-Jan-12 10:42 PM
Charter member
#105466, "RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Heben Kiph'Wa the Legend of t..."
In response to Reply #0

Your raids gave me some cool fight opportunities, cheers for that. Totally expected you to get reaver, maybe i'll hero now =)

TwistTue 10-Jan-12 11:51 PM
3431 posts
#105415, "Giant sword flurryspec with rape role? Twist?"
In response to Reply #0

Shocker.

So yeah this character had a few goals (and seems to not have come close to any of them) but was mostly just to make up for the failure that my orc was in terms of "put out so much damage that they have to flee."

Bash, bash, warcry for combat goodness, bash, flurry, exam corpse was fun, but with it becoming more and more clear that the Ancients wanted no part of Heben as Nightreaver, and absolutely dreadful luck praying for Thror, I logged on tonight halfway pondering deletion.

Malawen logged in a bit later and we had a bit of enjoyment, then a bug that I'll be pestering Zulg about bit me and I was like "Yep, that's that."

So bahletion.

Sorry to those of you who got angry when I killed you. I don't think I looted much if anything. I got very upset myself when I died, but I think this character did fairly well in the "don't-whine-about-eq" category. So there's that.

Most of my goodbyes go out to fellow Outlanders - it was good to run with almost all of you. A few of you seem deathly afraid to stay logged in if it looks like someone might raid. Bleh on you.

Tribs, almost all super classy. Can't remember anyone who wasn't.

Pugs, damn you got lucky tonight.

Necros (all of you) can bite me. Invokers too. Heben got straight up owned by them. Strangely, not so much bards and transmuters, which were the absolute bane of Hunsobo. Funny how things work, I guess.

See you all with the next one!

OldrilTue 10-Jan-12 11:56 PM
Member since 20th Jan 2011
641 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105416, "What do you think of outlander for warriors?"
In response to Reply #1

Serious question.

TwistWed 11-Jan-12 12:19 AM
3431 posts
#105419, "That was part of the experiment"
In response to Reply #2

Ignite, stacked, would give me +18 dam at hero.

Having my favorite druids change swords to wood would allow me to get Armageddon (for instance) to like +12 dam and other swords to +8/+10 or so.

Combining that with warcry legacy (+14 at hero) and berserk (+10 at hero) put me up at about 100 dam with an "ok" set (in comparison to some of the sets I've had with warriors).

That and windwalk/chameleon/etc. made it very nice.

GasparFri 13-Jan-12 11:50 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2007
367 posts
#105485, "I had the same idea"
In response to Reply #5

When hell reopens I wanna do this build too.

Trapping, CoT fire giant sword/pole and +18 dam at hero for ignite, and maybe +24 dam for nightreaver. There's also chilling, but there are some nice heavy swords and poles for trapping

TsunamiFri 13-Jan-12 11:56 AM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
#105486, "and strength of the ancients?"
In response to Reply #37

I know next to nothing of outlander, but that seems like a pretty sweet edge.

Malawen (Anonymous)Wed 11-Jan-12 12:05 AM
Charter member
#105417, "RE: Giant sword flurryspec with rape role? Twist?"
In response to Reply #1

I followed you into oblivian shortly afterward.

Bards: not my cup of tea.

Liked Heben. But, yeah, the resemblence to Hunsobo was pretty strong.

Rindros (Anonymous)Wed 11-Jan-12 12:12 AM
Charter member
#105418, "You made leader life hard"
In response to Reply #1

I'm trying to do interviews/inductions and you're somehow always there to bash me.

If that ranger hadn't tried to kill me himself in that trap, you'd have had me.

TwistWed 11-Jan-12 12:20 AM
3431 posts
#105420, "That ranger lied to me..."
In response to Reply #4
Edited on Wed 11-Jan-12 12:32 AM

...and said you walked right through his snare.

Also you had the best (worst) luck with me missing a bash at just the wrong moment. Grr.

Foratha (Anonymous)Wed 11-Jan-12 01:12 AM
Charter member
#105421, "Was looking forward to run with you."
In response to Reply #1

Finally hit hero range and you go and delete. Was looking forward to do some damage with you. Well, thank you for the help ranking. No Twisty warning bells went off with Heben, good or bad? No idea. Hehe

You seemed to be out hunting constantly, which is a good thing.

Onya (Anonymous)Wed 11-Jan-12 02:36 AM
Charter member
#105422, "RE: Giant sword flurryspec with rape role? Twist?"
In response to Reply #1

Wow. I so did not see it being you. But then again, we had few times to run with each other. It was, however, plainly obvious to me that you knew the game in and out much much better than I so I guess it's not too crazy. All in all, strong character. Will be missed. GLWYN

Lloth (Anonymous)Wed 11-Jan-12 02:44 AM
Charter member
#105423, "Ha! I finally killed a char of yours after like 15 year..."
In response to Reply #1

I finally avenged my Master you backstabbed that one time.

Ok, no further incrimination needed. You were fun to tangle with though.

AbernyteWed 11-Jan-12 04:00 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
975 posts
#105424, "Is it due to lack of outtie Imms that they are dragging..."
In response to Reply #1

There are quite a few candidates for the role of Nightreaver about. Can you use your IMP contacts and find out why?

As for those logging off and fearing a raid, yeah I have noticed that happening and ruining a good fight.

incognitoWed 11-Jan-12 04:55 PM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105453, "I've noticed some interesting logging as well"
In response to Reply #10

Only it relates to logging on together and then doing stuff together. I'm still watching to see if it keeps happening or whether it was just a few times in a row by coincidence.

Rolas (Anonymous)Wed 11-Jan-12 09:31 AM
Charter member
#105426, "Good times"
In response to Reply #1

Heben was just sick damage output and a great tank. I had you pegged for reaver, but oh well. I did also think our first interactions were interesting with the whole "who the hell are you" "no, who the hell are YOU?!" Then I threaten to kill both you and warden if the animosity carried over into a raid situation. Some great internal fights there. Nice to have you in outlander.

DallevianWed 11-Jan-12 10:15 AM
1639 posts
#105427, "Why the edited mancrush?"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Wed 11-Jan-12 10:37 AM

Was this almost the third Twist/edited inadvertent hero tandem?

TwistWed 11-Jan-12 10:39 AM
3431 posts
#105428, "RE: Why the edited mancrush?"
In response to Reply #12

I edited your post because I'm not sure the guy wants to be outted. Maybe playing it too safe, but hey that's how I roll.

I did want to answer your question though.

I do love me some mancrush on that guy's chars, but keep in mind that Tavlin pwned some of him several times, to the point that he was quite aggravated by it (almost as aggravated as I was as Heben getting pwned by necros ).

Both that guy and I *generally* tend to play long-lived characters. If you look at Hunsobo, Tavlin, Woldrun, and Dupmasione, I bet you can find a bunch of people that I've had "2 or 3 inadvertent hero tandems" with.

Mostly it's likely due to he and I having very similar playtimes available to us. I've loved that similarity at times, and I've HATED it because he had an enemy build that was absolutely perfectly built to destroy my current mortal.

DallevianWed 11-Jan-12 10:50 AM
1639 posts
#105429, "Sure."
In response to Reply #13

He's a really good friend. And my post isn't about anything improper going on with you or any other people, not one bit. I just find it amusing that you really like his characters to the point of needing to know his characters. Not that they are overly difficult to spot, granted.

By the way, he told me Heben was you within seemingly the first interaction. I was pretty certain it wasn't you because what kind of sadist does ANOTHER giant sword bash spec? Talk about a rut...

TwistWed 11-Jan-12 11:52 AM
3431 posts
#105438, "RE: Sure."
In response to Reply #14

>I just find it amusing that you really like his characters to
>the point of needing to know his characters. Not that they are
>overly difficult to spot, granted.

Needing to know his characters? Only after he posted something on the boards did I realize "Oh hey look I've somehow joined up with Isildur again." I wouldn't have realized it from his RP, actually.

>By the way, he told me Heben was you within seemingly the
>first interaction. I was pretty certain it wasn't you because
>what kind of sadist does ANOTHER giant sword bash spec? Talk
>about a rut...

Meh. My last giant sword bash spec was Yalthulic, an absolute failure, and before that Woldrun, which was about four years ago. It was kinda like putting on comfortable shoes for a while after playing my first trib paladin, my first hero necro since Master, my first defense shifter, and my first orc.

IsildurWed 11-Jan-12 11:02 AM
5969 posts
#105431, "RE: Why the edited mancrush?"
In response to Reply #13

Tavlin did frustrate me, but I also felt like he could have been so much more frustrating if you'd wanted him to be. It was so trivial for you to raid Empire, you should really have had the Codex 24/7 unless we had big numbers or a lowbie to retrieve. Seemed like there were lots of situations where we had no lowbies but you left the Codex in the palace anyway.

For what it's worth, none of my characters had ally relationships with Dupmasione, Woldrun, Tavlin, Feilinal or Galtholnicus. That's all your characters that I can remember. So really it's just Waserax+Hunsobo and Malawen+Heben. And, honestly, I was more of a hindrance to Heben PK wise than a help.

I guess Ageryn (or Kasir; I forget) was "friendly" with Woldrun, but we never PK'd together. About the only time I grouped with him was to go into the blue dragon lair.

TwistWed 11-Jan-12 11:43 AM
3431 posts
#105437, "Dallevian is probably refering to"
In response to Reply #15

Faolai/Sivyh as well.

You also didn't have any alliance with Brom, Grongt, my recently failed Acolyte sadass shifter attempt whose name I forget, Rathandio (Scion), Balthudar (Battle), Aldonius (Nexus), Dimmigron (Nexus)...

IsildurWed 11-Jan-12 12:06 PM
5969 posts
#105442, "RE: Dallevian is probably refering to"
In response to Reply #16

Oh yeah, Faolai. Yeah- I certainly did benefit from my association with Faolai to an extent I wondered about it after you deleted. Mainly the fact that you inducted me so early (after I stupidly got myself stuck in the sewers w/o a potion), deleted instead of taking Emperor (which was yours to take), and gave me your gear upon deletion (which included strange bracers).

Then again, I also killed Faolai with Denawe.

Akedeh (Anonymous)Wed 11-Jan-12 12:04 PM
Charter member
#105441, "RE: Giant sword flurryspec with rape role? Twist?"
In response to Reply #1

I liked Heben. We seemed to have an agreeable relationship concerning mutual foes. Also, it seemed that if I was fighting one of your magicians you wouldn't jump in on the fight. Like wise, if you would ever fight one of my Battleragers, I would never consider interfering.

I felt bad yesterday when you sent me that tell about the Scions, but as the Commander of Battle I was not going to run off to help a warrior in any Cabal with magicians, no matter how bad your odds or how likely it was for one of the magicians to get killed.

Thank you for that fight in the Arena, it opened my eyes to a few things that will influence my next fight against that type of build.

TwistWed 11-Jan-12 01:28 PM
3431 posts
#105445, "That tell..."
In response to Reply #18

it was tough to articulate it with dumb giantess Heben, but that tell wasn't intended as a "Help me!", it was intended as a "those guys you are probably looking to pwn are at X location." I'd have told you if I saw them raiding Empire or Fort, too.

In the meantime, I went and whittled down the nightwalker to convulsing and then finished it off while Scree wanded up (or was afk) at the Inner and Rindros tesseracted back from wherever he'd gotten off to after placing the Fetish. Walked out right past Rindros just arriving. Another Outlander who didn't have those two in range had forced the third defender to flee.

Quinlon (Anonymous)Wed 11-Jan-12 12:47 PM
Charter member
#105444, "Farewell my friend"
In response to Reply #1

We had some fun back and forth (until you killed my familiar you dirty bastard!!!). Was a bit tough for you guys because scree and myself could take the fetish long before you guys could get back to defend but you were always willing to give it a shot. Out of curiosity when you killed my familiar did you happen to have invoker shields? Because my understanding was that what you did to cause that death should not have been possible otherwise and I don't recall seeing any vokers on at the time.

You hit hard, even with full ABS, resist positive, voker shields a lot of the time and more HP then most people ever see you were chewing through me like a hot knife through butter.

p.s. how do you put up with fire int for practices and skills? I could never do a fire/cloud warrior because of those things. Do you have a method to get your skills up in a timely manner or just truck on with sub par skills until they naturally rise over time?

TwistWed 11-Jan-12 01:32 PM
3431 posts
#105446, "RE: Farewell my friend"
In response to Reply #20

>We had some fun back and forth (until you killed my familiar
>you dirty bastard!!!). Was a bit tough for you guys because
>scree and myself could take the fetish long before you guys
>could get back to defend but you were always willing to give
>it a shot. Out of curiosity when you killed my familiar did
>you happen to have invoker shields? Because my understanding
>was that what you did to cause that death should not have been
>possible otherwise and I don't recall seeing any vokers on at
>the time.

No shields. I'm not sure what you're thinking would have protected your familiar from bashing that invoker shields would have nullified, but I'm not real familiar (no pun intended) with how they work, to be honest.

>p.s. how do you put up with fire int for practices and skills?
> I could never do a fire/cloud warrior because of those
>things. Do you have a method to get your skills up in a
>timely manner or just truck on with sub par skills until they
>naturally rise over time?

I lost a lot of kills in the mid ranks and at 40th due to sub-par skills. 158 hours in when I deleted, Riposte was still at like 97%, pincer 92%, disembowel only 85%...

The only skills I spammed to perfection intentionally were flurry (essentially by flurrying everything, at all times) and weaponbreaker (Barovia skeletons/zombies at level 40). Everything else went up via tanking and use during leveling (like doublethrust). I probably only had like 10 skills perfected.

Oh wait I did perfect parting blow by practicing with another Outlander in a closed room with practice weapons (which helped those weapons go up some too).

DaevrynWed 11-Jan-12 01:40 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#105448, "RE: Farewell my friend"
In response to Reply #22

I can vouch that over the years I've seen Twist do a lot of PKing with giant warriors with staggeringly poor skills.

(Though, obviously, when he does stick with a character for 500 hours they get high eventually.)

Quinlon (Anonymous)Wed 11-Jan-12 01:45 PM
Charter member
#105449, "because"
In response to Reply #22

that familiar has a greater invoker shield that has stopped every other person who ever tried to bash it from suceeding.

TwistWed 11-Jan-12 02:09 PM
3431 posts
#105450, "Huh."
In response to Reply #24

I didn't know familiars had those. I'm pretty sure I didn't have any shields, Rolas was the only one helping me out at the time.

IllanthosWed 11-Jan-12 06:52 PM
Member since 14th Oct 2011
274 posts
#105456, "RE: Giant sword flurryspec with rape role? Twist?"
In response to Reply #1

I could immediately tell there was a skilled player behind the wheel of Heben. You can bet I will be stealing a few of your tricks when I go to make an Outlander of my own.

I was waiting for you to stab me in the back for quite a while. Imagine my surprise when you never did.

TwistWed 11-Jan-12 08:13 PM
3431 posts
#105461, "I kept waiting...."
In response to Reply #27

...for you to sanc and heal the Trib outer when they had the Fetish, but you didn't, so Heben was pretty much like "Burn dat elfs laters."

Zynzyn (Anonymous)Wed 11-Jan-12 06:56 PM
Charter member
#105457, "RE: Giant sword flurryspec with rape role? Twist?"
In response to Reply #1

I don't think we interacted a ton, but the times we did I enjoyed. I don't seem to be able to find a log, but didn't we have a good encounter in the mid-30's?

I couldn't believe the damage you were doing lately though. Suddenly, I was scared of eating a flurry, even with a/b/s up!

Cirkie (Anonymous)Wed 11-Jan-12 07:12 PM
Charter member
#105458, "You will be missed."
In response to Reply #1

I liked you because even though you wanted to "burn everything" as you always said, you didn't hold a grudge against the warden branch. I have seen many in the past act very hostile toward good oultanders and when I ask why they either have no answer or it's because the good are "weak". You were evil, but you were outlander first, and what was good for the tree and Thar-Eris's return is the way to be. Things would sway further in our favor whenever you were around. It's sad seeing you go but, as is life. GLWTN!

TwistWed 11-Jan-12 08:15 PM
3431 posts
#105462, "Sort of a grudge..."
In response to Reply #29

Heben hated the Sunwarden. Wardens who actually SHOWED UP TO PLAY, EVER, though, didn't get Heben's bad side. Especially ones who gave her white dragonhide at like level 34.

Craia (Anonymous)Wed 11-Jan-12 07:19 PM
Charter member
#105459, "Thanks for the fun!"
In response to Reply #1

You were always kind to Craia - willing to show her things - even offering to do so without being asked.

Never figured you were a super-immortal!

Thanks for the fun!

PuhgulyWed 11-Jan-12 08:12 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2011
197 posts
#105460, "Correction: poor tactics on your part does not equal lu..."
In response to Reply #1

I enjoyed fighting you, giant sword > dwarf sword for sure. For what its worth, fighting you felt like a waste of my time. You used such a high wimpy that there was nothing at all that I could do to keep you in a fight. Hell, that high of a wimpy also made it so you couldn't even pour out enough damage to kill me during bash bash cry bash flurry.

Its a good thing that you and Mala used such sketchy tactics. I thought for sure I was toast both times I got slept. Nice to see you still pumping out morts though. GLWYN, perhaps come rock a Nexus?

IsildurWed 11-Jan-12 09:32 PM
5969 posts
#105464, "RE: Correction: poor tactics on your part does not equa..."
In response to Reply #31

You can blame me for screwing that up. I didn't realize he was going to pincer, so I tripped too soon.

Tousil (Anonymous)Thu 12-Jan-12 12:02 AM
Charter member
#105471, "RE: Giant sword flurryspec with rape role? Twist?"
In response to Reply #1

We had two fights I recall. One I won as a result of rank difference basically, the second one I had just killed a few people in a row and was feeling confident and not to worried about the fight. I was so annoyed with myself for fighting you the way I did, I was unaware of what you had learned from the monks.

You have no idea how painful that was not to attack you that one time.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #105414 Previous topic | Next topic