Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Gralog the Chieftain of the Grinning S..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #105245
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 25-Dec-11 05:40 AM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17195 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105245, "(DELETED) [None] Gralog the Chieftain of the Grinning Skulls"

Sun Dec 25 03:38:34 2011

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Gralog perished, never to return.

Race:orc
Class:berserker
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:256

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Gralog the Chieftain of the Grinni..., Gralog (Anonymous), 27-Dec-11 03:04 AM, #1
     Reply Good chief, Rogran (Anonymous), 27-Dec-11 09:18 AM, #2
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Gralog the Chieftain of the Grinni..., Garleen (Anonymous), 28-Dec-11 06:02 AM, #3
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Gralog the Chieftain of the Grinni..., Odrallag, 31-Dec-11 11:21 AM, #4
     Reply Hail to the Chief, Argivo (Anonymous), 15-Jan-12 11:17 AM, #5
          Reply RE: Hail to the Chief, Gralog (Anonymous), 17-Jan-12 02:21 PM, #6

Gralog (Anonymous)Tue 27-Dec-11 03:04 AM
Charter member
#105259, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Gralog the Chieftain of the Grinni..."
In response to Reply #0

I wasn't tired of Bash yet when Srogpk con died, so I rolled another orc was it was obvious he wasn't lasting much longer. My main goals with this char were to become chief and break 50 kills which I did.
It felt like I definitely hit a wall a week or two after getting chief and never really made a good transition to hero range, but overall was still more successful than most of my characters. Goodbye's

Ugnok - Sorry for getting you killed. Those guards hit a lot more than i thought they would.

Kragg - Awesome Orc, hope you will be hanging around awhile

Rogran - You sure got tough quick.

Gawreen - Thanks for teaching the the swamp.

Taerg and Odrallag - You were the closest things Gralog had to friends early on. It was hard to translate that into tactical advantages a lot of the time though.

Raeghan
I knew any time I traveled with you good things were going to happen. One of my favorite memories of this char was logging on for about 40 minutes in an Airport and liking up with youngish you and I think Elegra and getting 2 or 3 kills before I had to go.

Miric
You were one of my favorite people to run with, but then our times quit meshing. I was kinda happy not to get pulled into some of the fights you were seeking though (namely village and Empire)

Desferic and Kahlio
I enjoyed our evolving relationship. Sorry about your forms Kahlio and that Miric Looted you Desferic

Phz whatever orc, thanks for helping me rank up.

Fort
Seemed like pretty good sports for the most part. Eachin, Garwern, and Ckonnar pretty much had their way with me, but didn't multi by any means unless I forced it. Argivo, thanks for all the fights
Vallinane I always wanted to know if you were around or not. Sorry about warbannering your corpse before you got back that time. I got to excited.
Caerdyn, you sure where a lot tougher then when I played Srogpk.
Lots I am forgetting I am sure.

Rogran (Anonymous)Tue 27-Dec-11 09:18 AM
Charter member
#105261, "Good chief"
In response to Reply #1

Good fights all around. I hated for a long time knowing you'd be bringing that huge army. But after a while, I did learn.

GLWYN

Garleen (Anonymous)Wed 28-Dec-11 06:02 AM
Charter member
#105264, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Gralog the Chieftain of the Grinni..."
In response to Reply #1

Sticking as long as you did playing a hero orc is a feat itself. Good job at that.
About the swamp - no problem. If not you, I probably wouldnt have ever gone there, because there's little I can do there solo.

I have also played someone else you mention in your post. You're welcome and thanks for the fun times we had.

Keep trucking and GLWYN!

OdrallagSat 31-Dec-11 11:21 AM
Member since 18th Nov 2011
46 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105304, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Gralog the Chieftain of the Grinni..."
In response to Reply #1

Enjoyed our interactoins quite a bit. Was nice to have an orc that was on the village's "side" most of the time. And yeah, the few times we could have wreaked some havoc together were before the village was really at war with the fort. In any case, GLWYN and see you in the fields.

Argivo (Anonymous)Sun 15-Jan-12 11:17 AM
Charter member
#105520, "Hail to the Chief"
In response to Reply #1

Hail to the Chief Congrats on a very long and bloody run
You were without a doubt, my archnemesis since mid 20s. You are such a better player than me that I have no doubt with any other build than a orc you could stomp me flat with no problems every time. I know also though you died quite a bit, much of that was that you seemed to be in a pk continuously from log in to log out, rather than biding your time, retreating when you run out of preparations, or waiting for allies. You had no problem charging a group of 3 Fort on Eastern Road because that was fun for you to see if you could take one down before they got you.

You were very sportsmanlike as chief of the orcs without breaking your evil RP. I was very impressed with you proving that you don't have to be a total jerk or a full looter to be an orc, even though there were plenty of times when I was cursing your name when you + an ally would be hunting me down or sending me running

I was never bored whenever you were around, and you were around a lot, I was too busy fighting to stay alive

Gralog (Anonymous)Tue 17-Jan-12 02:21 PM
Charter member
#105574, "RE: Hail to the Chief"
In response to Reply #5

I always appreciated your willingness to give me solo fights, even when you could have called in help. It was fun to watch Argivo develop from a char I could pretty much steamroll to one that pretty much always bested me.

"You are such a better player than me that I have no doubt with any other build than a orc you could stomp me flat with no problems every time."

Thank you for the kind words. However, I doubt the above statement is true and think it reflects people underselling the potential deadliness of orcs overall. PK wise, I think i've done a little better with orcs than most of my characters. Orcs are kinda like any other melee class in my opinion, some matchups will go very well for you, some you have to catch your oponent completely unprepared to have any shot.

I died a lot, but i die a lot regardless of what I play. I'm pretty sure I would con kill a defense defense shifter in under 300 hours.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #105245 Previous topic | Next topic