Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Pyrox Jussdye the Master of Weapons" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #105071
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 18-Dec-11 10:44 AM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17195 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105071, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Pyrox Jussdye the Master of Weapons"

Sat Dec 17 10:58:19 2011

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 11th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Pyrox perished, never to return.

Race:fire
Class:warrior
Level:40
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:151

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Pyrox Jussdye the Master of Weap..., ORB, 17-Dec-11 05:15 PM, #1
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Pyrox Jussdye the Master of Weap..., Yuzxra (Anonymous), 17-Dec-11 05:37 PM, #2
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Pyrox Jussdye the Master of Weap..., ORB, 17-Dec-11 10:44 PM, #9
          Reply Dude, as a fire sword spec, always assume they are taki..., TMNS, 17-Dec-11 10:54 PM, #12
          Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Pyrox Jussdye the Master of Weap..., Marshall (Anonymous), 18-Dec-11 12:34 AM, #13
     Reply Your last name sucked. ~, _Magus_, 17-Dec-11 05:57 PM, #3
     Reply I was just thinking to myself, Rayihn, 17-Dec-11 06:12 PM, #4
     Reply Or Dark Coffee. nt, Tsunami, 17-Dec-11 07:29 PM, #5
     Reply RE: I was just thinking to myself, ORB, 17-Dec-11 10:51 PM, #10
     Reply Read my Role, it explains it and I got the lastname whe..., ORB, 17-Dec-11 10:29 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Read my Role, it explains it and I got the lastname..., Daevryn, 18-Dec-11 09:58 AM, #16
          Reply I thought it was a creative way to make a last name, Gaplemo, 18-Dec-11 11:07 AM, #18
          Reply RE: Read my Role, it explains it and I got the lastname..., ORB, 18-Dec-11 12:53 PM, #19
          Reply RE: Read my Role, it explains it and I got the lastname..., Daevryn, 19-Dec-11 08:57 AM, #32
          Reply Pardon me for pointing this out...but RPing a firegiant..., Bubthegreat, 18-Dec-11 02:58 PM, #21
               Reply I can see where they're coming from, incognito, 18-Dec-11 03:21 PM, #22
     Reply Huh. I ####ing loved it. Different strokes for differ..., TMNS, 17-Dec-11 10:51 PM, #11
     Reply The first name left something to be desired too. n//t, Alston, 19-Dec-11 08:55 AM, #31
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Pyrox Jussdye the Master of Weap..., Eleagra (Anonymous), 17-Dec-11 09:06 PM, #6
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Pyrox Jussdye the Master of Weap..., ORB, 17-Dec-11 10:41 PM, #8
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Pyrox Jussdye the Master of Weap..., Tontik, 18-Dec-11 01:11 AM, #14
     Reply I thought this was a good character, incognito, 18-Dec-11 07:43 AM, #15
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Pyrox Jussdye the Master of Weap..., Bolzhor (Anonymous), 18-Dec-11 10:13 AM, #17
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Pyrox Jussdye the Master of Weap..., ORB, 18-Dec-11 12:57 PM, #20
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Pyrox Jussdye the Master of Weap..., Iunna, 18-Dec-11 05:38 PM, #23
          Reply I just want to know if you interacted with him before t..., TMNS, 18-Dec-11 05:43 PM, #24
               Reply RE: I just want to know if you interacted with him befo..., Iunna, 18-Dec-11 05:48 PM, #25
                    Reply lame , Oldril, 18-Dec-11 06:15 PM, #26
                    Reply I don't like that answer, but I respect it. NT, TMNS, 18-Dec-11 06:34 PM, #27
                    Reply She's a battle Imm so why does it even matter?, lasentia, 19-Dec-11 10:24 AM, #35
                         Reply I agree with this, Artificial, 19-Dec-11 10:32 AM, #36
                         Reply That's not the point of my discontent., TMNS, 19-Dec-11 07:32 PM, #51
                              Reply Degree matters, Artificial, 19-Dec-11 07:56 PM, #54
                                   Reply It's like you're trying to make me mad., TMNS, 19-Dec-11 08:18 PM, #55
                                        Reply u mad bro?, Artificial, 19-Dec-11 09:17 PM, #57
                                             Reply WTF are you talking about. It WAS a total no idea/expl..., TMNS, 20-Dec-11 12:40 AM, #58
                         Reply Versus a living necro, it's ok outside of a graveyard, incognito, 19-Dec-11 12:36 PM, #39
                              Reply psh, laxman, 19-Dec-11 01:00 PM, #40
                                   Reply I completely disagree, incognito, 19-Dec-11 03:09 PM, #42
                                   Reply RE: psh, Daevryn, 19-Dec-11 03:20 PM, #43
                                        Reply conversly, laxman, 19-Dec-11 03:37 PM, #45
                                        Reply Come now, sometimes you want to hit everyone., lasentia, 19-Dec-11 03:47 PM, #47
                                        Reply Lol. Those poor poor berserkers., lasentia, 19-Dec-11 03:39 PM, #46
                                        Reply Back then BATTLE was a lot different., TMNS, 19-Dec-11 07:39 PM, #53
                                             Reply Fuzzy memories..., Twist, 19-Dec-11 08:18 PM, #56
                                        Reply heh. Would make for some interesting, incognito, 19-Dec-11 04:06 PM, #48
                    Reply I thought the PBF comment said you warned him?, TripHitNdip (Anonymous), 18-Dec-11 08:57 PM, #28
                    Reply RE: I thought the PBF comment said you warned him?, ORB, 18-Dec-11 10:15 PM, #29
                         Reply RE: I thought the PBF comment said you warned him?, Malakhi, 19-Dec-11 04:12 PM, #49
                              Reply I was one of those MARAN I think :), TMNS, 19-Dec-11 07:36 PM, #52
                    Reply First of all, Iunna is a >>>HAWT<<< redhead so that pre..., Alston, 19-Dec-11 08:54 AM, #30
                         Reply Trying hard to not be a ####, but who the #### cares if..., TMNS, 19-Dec-11 09:00 AM, #33
                              Reply RE: Trying hard to not be a ####, but who the #### care..., Daevryn, 19-Dec-11 09:41 AM, #34
                              Reply Well then,, Tsunami, 19-Dec-11 11:20 AM, #37
                              Reply Yepp, and that's why I get AP-weapons back when I die. ..., Amberion, 19-Dec-11 02:53 PM, #41
                              Reply This got strange fast nt, Rayihn, 19-Dec-11 03:30 PM, #44
                              Reply I got in trouble at work because I laughed loudly readi..., TMNS, 19-Dec-11 06:26 PM, #50
                              Reply Oh it matters. It really matters., Alston, 19-Dec-11 12:10 PM, #38

ORBSat 17-Dec-11 05:15 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
993 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105075, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Pyrox Jussdye the Master of Weap..."
In response to Reply #0

Had big plans for Pyrox, sadly too many other distractions right now. When I logged on and the anti-hoard code kicked in, I knew it was time to go. Good luck, really good crop of villagers right now. Shout outs to Tontik and Adekah, really good leaders.

To the Imm that lowered my DB to 75% for that incident with ZynZyn. I think that was a bit harsh. I had him walk into the room with me by myself, and I dirt kicked him to avoid being slept. Which he had done to me with ease in the past, he fled instantly and I didn't engage again. Then I sat back and did nothing as the other two ganged him down. He even complimented me afterward on my parity yet I was the one punished.

That which does not kill us,
makes us stronger.

Yuzxra (Anonymous)Sat 17-Dec-11 05:37 PM
Charter member
#105076, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Pyrox Jussdye the Master of Weap..."
In response to Reply #1

Loved fighting you as Yuzxra but your damn flurries were nasty, I was also savarna and you taught me a good bit. Sorry for armageddon but it was the marshall's wish and you did have the sword long enough. Anyways GLWYN.

ORBSat 17-Dec-11 10:44 PM
993 posts
#105088, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Pyrox Jussdye the Master of Weap..."
In response to Reply #2

Yeah that rubbed me the wrong way with the sword, at the time you called for an honorable duel then that thief showed up. I kill him, you finish me, and then take my armageddon saying the captain demanded it. Which to me rang of the captain going OOC my buddy wants armageddon but this guy always has it.
Anyway I enjoyed Savarna's spunk and felt bad killing you so much, but you kept coming right back at me, and I appreciated that. Glad you took it so well.

makes us stronger.

TMNSSat 17-Dec-11 10:54 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#105091, "Dude, as a fire sword spec, always assume they are taki..."
In response to Reply #9

Seriously. And jump for joy everytime you get to keep it.

Fought (and died to) Pyrox once. You were a beast. But then, I've played a bunch of Fire Sword specs, so after you got me I never worried about you again.

Marshall (Anonymous)Sun 18-Dec-11 12:34 AM
Charter member
#105094, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Pyrox Jussdye the Master of Weap..."
In response to Reply #9

Marshall is definately a goodie thief, he had me sac armageddon like he said you had it to long and it was op which is true. And I did not call yubo, yubo or any thief for that matter fights at any time that is opportune.

_Magus_Sat 17-Dec-11 05:57 PM
Member since 05th Dec 2006
430 posts
#105077, "Your last name sucked. ~"
In response to Reply #1

nt

RayihnSat 17-Dec-11 06:12 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#105078, "I was just thinking to myself"
In response to Reply #3

Who granted this guy last name "Just DIE!"??

TsunamiSat 17-Dec-11 07:29 PM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
#105079, "Or Dark Coffee. nt"
In response to Reply #4

nt

ORBSat 17-Dec-11 10:51 PM
993 posts
#105089, "RE: I was just thinking to myself"
In response to Reply #4

And then you took the two minutes to read my role, and was like ah that makes sense? Or you too busy checking my IP address to see how someone not on your loving list got their last name early? And yes before I get flamed I'm semi kidding.

makes us stronger.

ORBSat 17-Dec-11 10:29 PM
993 posts
#105085, "Read my Role, it explains it and I got the lastname whe..."
In response to Reply #3

BUT MUST JUDGE WITHOUT KNOWING...

makes us stronger.

DaevrynSun 18-Dec-11 09:58 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#105103, "RE: Read my Role, it explains it and I got the lastname..."
In response to Reply #7

There being a reason for it didn't stop me from rolling my eyes every time I saw it.

And I say that as someone who otherwise liked Pyrox.

GaplemoSun 18-Dec-11 11:07 AM
Member since 06th May 2010
619 posts
#105107, "I thought it was a creative way to make a last name"
In response to Reply #16

The role that called for it was pretty creative in coming to it I thought. Imo, its no dumber than some of the other names out there. Stonefist and Ironbeak, Hell I had a druid with Wildheart. While "Just die" normally would be pretty dumb, I thought it was a unique way of coming up with the name and implementing it to the role. Are we really bashing someone for trying to be creative and think outside the box? I thought it was a decent idea, its not like he was trying to RP a fire elemental or gods son or anything.

ORBSun 18-Dec-11 12:53 PM
993 posts
#105109, "RE: Read my Role, it explains it and I got the lastname..."
In response to Reply #16

Well of course you and Baer didn't like it, you guys are the Statler and Waldorf of CF.

makes us stronger.

DaevrynMon 19-Dec-11 08:57 AM
11117 posts
#105129, "RE: Read my Role, it explains it and I got the lastname..."
In response to Reply #19

I just done said I liked your character.

BubthegreatSun 18-Dec-11 02:58 PM
Member since 22nd Mar 2007
194 posts
#105112, "Pardon me for pointing this out...but RPing a firegiant..."
In response to Reply #16

I think people have become too damn sensitive to the name thing at this point. Seriously...when you're a retarded giant, or at least dumb, you don't exactly start reading up on elven lore vocabulary when naming your offspring.

If it's not breaking RP, leave it alone, and stop being so damn sensitive.

incognitoSun 18-Dec-11 03:21 PM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105113, "I can see where they're coming from"
In response to Reply #21

I like Pryox's role and the reason for his name, but the reality is that most people don't know his role. I had the same problem with Victoria the drow. The idea worked well for people that were aware of the reason for it, but for anyone who didn't, it sucked and made the rp environment less immersive. It's always going to be a double-edged sword if you pick a name like that, since those in the know will probably like it and those not, won't.

TMNSSat 17-Dec-11 10:51 PM
2670 posts
#105090, "Huh. I ####ing loved it. Different strokes for differ..."
In response to Reply #3

NT

AlstonMon 19-Dec-11 08:55 AM
Member since 07th Sep 2011
858 posts
#105128, "The first name left something to be desired too. n//t"
In response to Reply #3

sdfv

Eleagra (Anonymous)Sat 17-Dec-11 09:06 PM
Charter member
#105081, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Pyrox Jussdye the Master of Weap..."
In response to Reply #1

I had to stay abit longer in midranks just to take armaggedon from you. But who could imagine you sucked so much to levelsit in midranks as RBW without distention kicking in for two RL months.

ORBSat 17-Dec-11 10:30 PM
993 posts
#105086, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Pyrox Jussdye the Master of Weap..."
In response to Reply #6
Edited on Sat 17-Dec-11 10:41 PM

It's called playing two hours a week, bitter much? Also you never killed me, maybe you have confused yourself with your gank squad buddies who passed the sword over?

makes us stronger.

TontikSun 18-Dec-11 01:11 AM
Member since 27th Aug 2011
104 posts
#105096, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Pyrox Jussdye the Master of Weap..."
In response to Reply #1

man you always were a powerhouse and i think this is the second or third char of yours i have interacted with and was always a pleasure, and damn did you decimate the freaking midranks.....was always funny hearing you on cabal chat telling us all the dead people, i was like hell he must just walk into a group of unshifted shifters or something but then i saw some of the logs and you were just a flurry monster, well glwyn and come back to the fields

tontik

incognitoSun 18-Dec-11 07:43 AM
4495 posts
#105101, "I thought this was a good character"
In response to Reply #1

You had a reputation for being dangerous, but you didn't talk smack to people that would have just padded your pk count if they didn't avoid you. That's a rare combination.

I liked your rp too, from our limited interactions.

Bolzhor (Anonymous)Sun 18-Dec-11 10:44 AM
Charter member
#105104, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Pyrox Jussdye the Master of Weap..."
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Sun 18-Dec-11 10:13 AM

>To the Imm that lowered my DB to 75% for that incident with
>ZynZyn. I think that was a bit harsh.

Thats complete bullcrap if its as you say. Do you have a log of this?

I really liked Pyrox except the fact you took forever to rank up.

GLWYN

ORBSun 18-Dec-11 12:57 PM
993 posts
#105110, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Pyrox Jussdye the Master of Weap..."
In response to Reply #17

Thanks, yeah I posted the log. Liked Bolzhor too. With all my past Battle characters I always felt rushed into heroing and then regretted it. With Pyrox I wanted to take the opposite route and also my time for the character just wasn't there. Especially since it was teased a new mage class came in, I had dreams of a sea of lowbie mages for me to feast on.

makes us stronger.

IunnaSun 18-Dec-11 05:31 PM
473 posts
#105114, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Pyrox Jussdye the Master of Weap..."
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Sun 18-Dec-11 05:38 PM

Edited: I can spell, honest.

>To the Imm that lowered my DB to 75% for that incident with
>ZynZyn. I think that was a bit harsh. I had him walk into the
>room with me by myself, and I dirt kicked him to avoid being
>slept. Which he had done to me with ease in the past, he fled
>instantly and I didn't engage again. Then I sat back and did
>nothing as the other two ganged him down. He even complimented
>me afterward on my parity yet I was the one punished.

I liked this character. That said, I don't think ignorance/accidents
always mean you get a free pass. Battle has caught a lot of heat
in the last year or so for being too lenient and/or not monitored
enough and some of us are attempting to be more proactive. You
are not the only person to be reprimanded in this way, nor am I
the only one doing so. On the bright side, you didn't get booted.
Some won't always be so lucky.

In this instance, every other BattleRager online at the time knew the
fight was 2 v. 2, and who those 2 v. 2 were. I watched what happened
and reacted in the manner I felt was right at the time.

If you have other concerns or want to discuss it further, you can
e-mail me at iunna@carrionfields.com

TMNSSun 18-Dec-11 05:43 PM
2670 posts
#105115, "I just want to know if you interacted with him before t..."
In response to Reply #23

The log on Dio's doesn't show anything of the sort.

If you did, I apologize for not giving you the benefit of the doubt. If you didn't, then that's piss-poor on your part.

IunnaSun 18-Dec-11 05:48 PM
473 posts
#105116, "RE: I just want to know if you interacted with him befo..."
In response to Reply #24

Unfortunately when something like that happens, I don't always have
time to commit for full RP Ffftt experience. It's not something I'm
going to apologize for, and if that reflects poorly, so be it.

OldrilSun 18-Dec-11 06:15 PM
Member since 20th Jan 2011
641 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105117, "lame "
In response to Reply #25

no elaboration needed on why

TMNSSun 18-Dec-11 06:34 PM
2670 posts
#105118, "I don't like that answer, but I respect it. NT"
In response to Reply #25

NT

lasentiaMon 19-Dec-11 10:24 AM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105132, "She's a battle Imm so why does it even matter?"
In response to Reply #27

She could punish one of the people in her cabal cause she felt like it, and really the player should accept it unless it is some sort of systematic abuse of the person for virtually no IC reason. Somehow, I don't think Iunna works like that, nor does any Imm that I've ever seen. This guy slipped up, admittedly minorly, and got a hit for it. But it was also a relatively small hit.

So to me it's fine if she does something like this since it's her cabal, even if she is new to Battle IC, she's still a Battle Imm and so can run it as she sees fit. And an occassionally harsh battle Imm is not entirely a bad thing. If anything, that would curb some of the behavior people tend to complain about. As does any Imm watching over the cabal having a stricter interpretation of cabal rules than most of the players follow.

It'd be more problematic with a non-battle Imm doing that really, but it's her job to watch over Battle, so there's no reason for anyone to complain about what she did.

And I'm kind of happy to see she's not apologetic about it. She shouldn't be. Thror didn't apologize for booting people and such, she shouldn't have to for just lowering someones DB skill. I actually like Imms to sometimes be hard asses on people, even if I'm on the brunt of it, ultimately it can just enhance things and make things a bit more interesting.

Iunna is pretty awesome, as is Padwei. And this is coming from someone who gets at least one negative comment from Iunna in my PBF with all my characters.

And I always got annoyed by battle people that stood by to supposedly "watch their battle ally fight" against people in their PK range, to me it always reeks of them doing nothing more than preventing any area wide ability.

ArtificialMon 19-Dec-11 10:32 AM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
#105133, "I agree with this"
In response to Reply #35

According to most polytheistic religions, you could well expect any number of the gods to get angry over the most minor infraction and take a #### on your forehead. You would then smile and thank them for it because you're a goddamn ant, and that they're showing you even negative attention is a kindness you do not deserve.

Eshval, Cyradia, and Mergulla would all kill/cripple/be mean unjustly, and you took it, because you expected it from them. People need to learn to take whatever the imms give you with some pride.

disclaimer: I in no way suggest Iunna was being unjust here. I fully support battle members having to do more than just pay lip service to parity.

TMNSMon 19-Dec-11 07:32 PM
2670 posts
#105150, "That's not the point of my discontent."
In response to Reply #36

It's not that Pyrox was punished. It's that to an impartial observer, it could have been ANY IMM that did that.

Would you be fine if a TRIB IMM busted down a SCION for not acting how they think a SCION should?

Would you be fine if you character got a punishment in game with no explanation?

For all we know, Pyrox's role was "I kill mages. Don't give a #### how or who I piss off. If get uninducted not care. Mages die" would you still be fine with it? What if next time his sword spec skills were taken away? It's a slippery slope.

I always respected the hell out of RayBaer because when we had our IC difficulties/problems (with Dronstyrr), she RP'd the #### out of the interaction. I speficially remember when she came down after I died and RP'd me losing the tell ability. Made me feel like it was the God who smacked me, not some nerd in his parent's basement who was mad I didn't friend them on facebook.

That's all I was trying to say.

ArtificialMon 19-Dec-11 07:56 PM
1180 posts
#105153, "Degree matters"
In response to Reply #51

Just because Imm1 is TRIB, it doesn't mean he has no idea how NEXUS works, for instance, and if he sees 300-0 Meter bashing down lone chaotic good 0-50 aco healer while empire has 25 people on, it would be more than justified for him to layeth the smackdown, though I am pretty sure theres imm rules against doing that.

On the flipside, I'd say that only my empowering imm should be punishing me for my neutral evil uncaballed shaman acting "too orderly."

Has there ever been a situation in which a char got randomly punished with no idea what he did? Within the last few years, I mean.

TMNSMon 19-Dec-11 08:18 PM
2670 posts
#105154, "It's like you're trying to make me mad."
In response to Reply #54

But yeah.

I can name one. But I'm getting mad again and I don't need to rehash that whole situation.

ArtificialMon 19-Dec-11 09:16 PM
1180 posts
#105158, "u mad bro?"
In response to Reply #55
Edited on Mon 19-Dec-11 09:17 PM

The thing with Jindicho is not a "no idea/explanation" situation. Vague, maybe, but it wasn't "my roleless gnome was spamming spells in my guild at lvl 10 and got turned evil."

TMNSTue 20-Dec-11 12:40 AM
2670 posts
#105160, "WTF are you talking about. It WAS a total no idea/expl..."
In response to Reply #57

I got accused of being a no-role douchebag.

I had a role that was deleted by a bug. I was evil sphere deception.

I had serious in-game consequences that were given to me with no explanation as to why they were given to me. And no RP behind them besides Cyradia mouthing off to me (she then also trolled me on officials).

I don't understand how killing someone as an evil character and telling them "not to come back to their corpse" when their groupmate is sitting there and watched you only loot gold and a mantle of earth from their corpse. Oh, the same character who went OOC to me (which led to the "don't bother coming back" line) but who got no punishment.

If you don't see that, well, I don't know what to tell you other than enjoy my goat.

incognitoMon 19-Dec-11 12:36 PM
4495 posts
#105136, "Versus a living necro, it's ok outside of a graveyard"
In response to Reply #35

But vs an ap, not cool, I agree, since iceball (and to a lesser extent fireball) are so core to their range of options.

laxmanMon 19-Dec-11 01:00 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#105137, "psh"
In response to Reply #39

villagers standing in a room to watch fights should remain. Sure it removes the ability of the enemy to use area spells without fighting multiple people but they already are ahead of where they would be vs anybody else because the other people in this case are just watching and not actively engaging.

incognitoMon 19-Dec-11 03:09 PM
4495 posts
#105139, "I completely disagree"
In response to Reply #40

You're saying it's ok to interfere a bit because you could interfere a lot.

That's like saying it's ok to land 2 demolishes because someone else would land more than 2 and not flee after the 2 have landed.

DaevrynMon 19-Dec-11 03:20 PM
11117 posts
#105140, "RE: psh"
In response to Reply #40

When I read this, it makes me want to put Bloodthirst back to where you could thirst into other Battle.

laxmanMon 19-Dec-11 03:37 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#105142, "conversly"
In response to Reply #43

why not just make it so that anyone using area attacks against battle only hit the people hitting them.

That way you achieve the desired fix without adding to the list of inconveniences of being a villager (of course it takes away strength from the village enemy but so what)

My experience is that these issues generally only come up in the situations where you have lots of villagers and very few enemies. The only real solution is to have a bunch of villagers log off, bunch of enemies log on, or generate something else for villagers to do. The whole PK driven dogma of the cabal kind of makes that third (generally the ideal) option seem more distant.

lasentiaMon 19-Dec-11 03:42 PM
987 posts
#105144, "Come now, sometimes you want to hit everyone."
In response to Reply #45
Edited on Mon 19-Dec-11 03:47 PM

Shield of electricity invoker for example.
A super tank prep whore bard.

It's a decision the battle player makes knowing damn well what it can do. The cases above are generally rare where someone voluntarily wants three villagers fighting him.

And I editted to say there is no easy solution, it's just a behavioral thing. I like watching PK fights too, but doing it to people in range is different. It would also dampen bards & invokers fighting villagers in group fights quite a bit if they could only hit people hitting them with area stuff. Battle could selectively gang each raider one at a time.

Sometimes though, one villager is fighting that guy, and someone standing around messes it up. I know I ran from a great fight with Akedeh in the Weald because Ganicus just walked in and stood there, meaning no more songs for me.

Roundhouse just wasn't going to cut it, so I worded instead of fighting it out.

lasentiaMon 19-Dec-11 03:39 PM
987 posts
#105143, "Lol. Those poor poor berserkers."
In response to Reply #43

Man, Battle had it rough before I began playing I guess. I guess thirst was a far more selectively used skill. Or everyone just went evil and didn't care if they killed allies. These days I don't recall fighting any berserker that didn't thirst near automatically against me just to prevent lullaby & fiend.

It was near routine for villagers to all thirst during a raid on us or when we came for a retrieval. I almost can't imagine what it would be like if really they could not use it at those times, since people would just flee and let the thirster wail on his friends.

Oh how I hated fighting three thirsting villagers at the same time though. Made escaping a bitch without talismans.

Thirst always looks pretty bad ass though. Always wanted to try a berserker, but sadly I suck unless I'm playing a bard.

TMNSMon 19-Dec-11 07:39 PM
2670 posts
#105152, "Back then BATTLE was a lot different."
In response to Reply #46

I wasn't playing yet, but people didn't prep nearly as much as they do now, sick gear didn't get circulated as much, and villagers had only one path (so they got more skills than they do now).

If anything, the anti-gang code was the thing that made ragers life easier now than ever before (but conversely, also makes those that kill ####ton of ragers tougher to kill). I've definitely watched logs of Jinroh's cloud giant commander getting 7 on 1'd

TwistMon 19-Dec-11 08:18 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#105155, "Fuzzy memories..."
In response to Reply #53

Pre-defender/scout/berserker, AFAIR, rager powers were essentially exactly what berserkers get now:

Resistance
Deathblow
Truesight
Spellbane
Bloodthirst
Trophy (which wasn't among the original Battle powers)

Deathblow was 2x at 20, 3x at 30, 4x at 40, and 5x at 50. I'm not sure that's how it lays out now.

Truesight didn't fix blindness, ever.

Spellbane generally <<< ANNIHILATED >>> the caster.

There was no way to spellbane area spells.

Bloodthirst didn't add haste, just a big +dam+hit boost (possibly larger than currently) and auto-attack-everything-you-can-see-even-if-it-is-BATTLE.

They definitely had it harder than now. But they could deathblow on stuff like backstab, ambush, cleave, counter and assassinate, too. So that was fun. And mages didn't have protective shield. Or any other way to stop bash (no enlarge/reduce).

incognitoMon 19-Dec-11 04:06 PM
4495 posts
#105147, "heh. Would make for some interesting"
In response to Reply #43

rp opportunities.

You could be an infiltrator who "accidentally" keeps killing his supposed allies.

TripHitNdip (Anonymous)Sun 18-Dec-11 08:57 PM
Charter member
#105119, "I thought the PBF comment said you warned him?"
In response to Reply #25

You just lower it, say something on cb and that's it or what?

Just wondering because his log just shows his skill getting lowered out of the blue and that's it.

ORBSun 18-Dec-11 10:15 PM
993 posts
#105121, "RE: I thought the PBF comment said you warned him?"
In response to Reply #28

In Iunna's defense she called me out as an unnamed immortal after it happened. Pyrox wasn't over joyed either, as in his eyes he did nothing wrong. I understand why it happened, but it seemed like overkill considering I hit a character for a total of a maim while I was just arriving to the area, he was alone in the room, and both others were on a huge weaponed AP. Which according to village tradition you don't need to keep parity to fight. It was obvious I was being made an example of and I just thought for someone who kept so rigidly to parity the rest of his life, this was kind of lame.

makes us stronger.

MalakhiMon 19-Dec-11 04:12 PM
Member since 12th Dec 2009
367 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105148, "RE: I thought the PBF comment said you warned him?"
In response to Reply #29

That is one of the hidden frustrations to playing Battle that you would never understand unless you played one. I remember one time NbM's rager was surrounded by Maran outside Udgaard that weren't quite ganging him, but were sort of taking turns aiding each other against him. And I couldn't be sure if it would breaking parity - and violating the rules against killing non-enemies - to help him out. It was especially painful because Woldrun was there and if I chose wrong I'd probably get uninducted. There are about 30 things that suck about playing Battle, and "having to act more honorbound than the best knights of Thera to avoid a chance of unindiction while getting blasted on ooc forums despite your best efforts" is one if them. I don't think there's any way to police parity without some collateral damage. Ideally morts will do it among themselves - but in your case it looked like the morts were saying no harm no foul.

TMNSMon 19-Dec-11 07:36 PM
2670 posts
#105151, "I was one of those MARAN I think :)"
In response to Reply #49

And I remember loving the fact that I'd force him to bloodthirst, then recall, get sanc'd up/hastened, and return, and he'd be all pissed because, well, I was stacking the deck in my favor (his character, not the player).

Being a RAGER sucks sometimes, but no one who hasn't played a rager understands how and why.

AlstonMon 19-Dec-11 08:54 AM
858 posts
#105127, "First of all, Iunna is a >>>HAWT<<< redhead so that pre..."
In response to Reply #25

And secondly, I think I recall her saying she was burned out a while back because of ####ty player behavior.

Not character, but player.

I'm not saying Orb is a ####ty player, but maybe Iunna is a little gun shy about having to deal with trying to remain IC with a character (Not neccisarily Orb) who may become irrate about an Imms judgment call.

With that being said, I think it might have been better if she had made the attempt.

But with THAT being said, she didn't, and there is no going back, but there is such a thing as doing things differently next time.

Seriously, ambush iunna hawt

TMNSMon 19-Dec-11 09:00 AM
2670 posts
#105130, "Trying hard to not be a ####, but who the #### cares if..."
In response to Reply #30

If I had a 15 inch #### and looked like Brad Pitt, does that mean I get to roll liches and juiced up AP's all the time who get SHADOW powers and have the Ehren Guard tat with none of the drawbacks?

I'm cool with Iunna's answer even though I think it's kinda a cop-out, but at least she admits that. AND she tried to interact with the character afterwards. As I said, I don't like the situation (looks too much like what happened to me) but at least I respect Iunna for being stand-up about it.

DaevrynMon 19-Dec-11 09:41 AM
11117 posts
#105131, "RE: Trying hard to not be a ####, but who the #### care..."
In response to Reply #33

>If I had a 15 inch #### and looked like Brad Pitt, does that
>mean I get to roll liches and juiced up AP's all the time who
>get SHADOW powers and have the Ehren Guard tat with none of
>the drawbacks?

Sadly, yes. It's in section 8 of the rules.

TsunamiMon 19-Dec-11 11:20 AM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
#105134, "Well then,"
In response to Reply #34

Where is my free lich/juiced AP?

You can send the name/password in an IM to my forum account. Kthx bye.

AmberionMon 19-Dec-11 02:53 PM
Member since 06th Jun 2007
945 posts
#105138, "Yepp, and that's why I get AP-weapons back when I die. ..."
In response to Reply #34

And all other nice rewards I've gotten over the years.

Always shoot first and then call whatever you hit the target.

RayihnMon 19-Dec-11 03:30 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#105141, "This got strange fast nt"
In response to Reply #41

nt

TMNSMon 19-Dec-11 06:26 PM
2670 posts
#105149, "I got in trouble at work because I laughed loudly readi..."
In response to Reply #34

Thanks I needed that.

AlstonMon 19-Dec-11 12:10 PM
858 posts
#105135, "Oh it matters. It really matters."
In response to Reply #33

Seriously.

It matters.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #105071 Previous topic | Next topic