Subject: "(AUTO) [FORTRESS] Irusan Ba'alsinoth the Champion of th..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #105009
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 13-Dec-11 02:32 AM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17195 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105009, "(AUTO) [FORTRESS] Irusan Ba'alsinoth the Champion of the Virtues"

Tue Dec 13 00:30:01 2011

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Irusan perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:242

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

VladamirWed 14-Dec-11 11:42 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#105039, "Fairly disappointing character for me, start to finish."
In response to Reply #0

Intended to do a religion switch, something I had never done, only to find out my initial empoweree was MIA, and it wasn't displayed as such on the wizlist when I rolled. After that it was all fairly downhill. Got my virtues and empowerment from Baer, as well as a very quick Maranation, but I still always felt like the red headed stepchild. For me an empowerment character is all about the imm, and I had very little interaction with mine. Playing from a cellular aircard as my only net for a few months really took a huge bite out of my con, and with only 5 con left, no interaction and most of the people I started with being dead, I was really at a loss for what to do with myself. I spent a long LONG time just taking people out to bitch rank them, which also took a nice chunk of my con because I got careless, mostly from not caring.

I detest deletion, I'm really more a con death sort of fellow, but this character was just really meh. I felt like the Fort and the game deserved a better effort from me, but I just really lacked the drive to make the time for it, when my time is so seriously limited as it is. I'm back in PA after 20 years, and working 12-16 hours a day 7 days a week for the next little while, but after it dies down and I get regular hours I'll do something and give it more of my effort.

Not in any way bitching about Baer, either. I got my empowerment after a long LONG empowerment chat, and I never had to wait for any of my virtues, promotions within the Fort or any of that. As far as that stuff goes, I have zero complaints. After a recent post she made I know why there wasn't more interaction, and I can't say she wasn't justified in how much we interacted. I was never denied anything, except facetime, and really for an empowerment character that's fairly critical for the development unless you have oodles of time to play to develop without direction, and I just lack the time. No recriminations from me. Thank you for empowering me, something you clearly didn't want to do. You didn't have to, and I appreciate it.

Everyone else, post and I'll reply. I've had this character for a long while, and known a LOT of people.

RayihnThu 15-Dec-11 10:05 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105043, "RE: Fairly disappointing character for me, start to fin..."
In response to Reply #1

I didn't know this was you at first, it only became obvious to me probably after you were a hero.

Baer's semi chill attitude towards you had nothing to do with who you were. She's sphere purity and just takes a really hard core attitude towards worship if you're going to be a priest. Changing gods from evil Kastellyn over to her is just something she seriously dislikes, which you definetly got the idea of during the first empowerment interview. Truthfully, I empowered you more as an ooc thing than anything IC, just one of those RP concsesions I have to make to try and keep the game fun for people. I could tell you weren't going to give up on the char and respected that you kept it up despite the issues. I was the one who originally told you that Kasty empowerment wasn't going to happen. Baer would have been warmer to you if you'd rerolled with a diff name and similar role, but it is what it is. You did do a good job adjusting your role and explaining the god swap.

That said, I tried to be very fair to you. You often greeted me on CB or sent up a few prays here and there, but after you got maran/full empowerment/virtue you never came back to my shrine. From my perspective that meant you didn't want to interact with me, and I left it at that. It isn't Baer's way to force herself on people or really leave her shrine unless she has to. I make myself available and open and if people want to come talk, I'm there. I've said often that I'm not going to chase you down because I don't want to force interaction on someone who doesn't want it.

I thought Irusan was a good character, though you found interesting and fun ways die (as you are wont to do), sometimes in ways that would just make me cringe. Hope to see you back in the Fort sometime, and with a role a bit more designed for Baer rather than shoe-horned in by necessity.

VladamirThu 15-Dec-11 04:23 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#105046, "Actually Irusan was always meant to follow you eventual..."
In response to Reply #2

The Irusan is an obscure Celtic folk legend, it's a jaguar spirit. Irusan was always intended to follow you eventually. I was going to follow Kasty, discover the "shocking truth" about his icky evilness, then convert. The role actually wasn't shoe horned in, and I was never sure if I had made that clear enough in my actual role entries or not. Like I said, this wasn't my best effort, and I feel a bit guilty about that.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #105009 Previous topic | Next topic