Subject: "(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Caerdryn Blackstone the Priest of..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #104898
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 09-Dec-11 04:20 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17195 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104898, "(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Caerdryn Blackstone the Priest of Baerinika"

Fri Dec 9 14:18:51 2011

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 15th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Caerdryn perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:362

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Some more goodbyes..., Wayward Knight, 17-Dec-11 04:47 PM, #20
Reply Mooooose!, Illanthos, 11-Dec-11 01:36 AM, #16
Reply So much about you..., Wayward Knight, 11-Dec-11 03:00 AM, #17
Reply Some goodbyes..., Wayward Knight, 09-Dec-11 05:14 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Some goodbyes..., Thevara (Anonymous), 09-Dec-11 05:20 PM, #2
     Reply Solid character, solid run. , Aereglen, 09-Dec-11 09:41 PM, #3
     Reply My little drama queen..., Rayihn, 09-Dec-11 10:03 PM, #4
     Reply RE: My little drama queen..., Wayward Knight, 10-Dec-11 12:49 AM, #8
     Reply Bravo, sir, bravo, Onewingedangel, 09-Dec-11 10:48 PM, #5
     Reply My first empoweree!!!!, Whiysdan, 10-Dec-11 12:35 AM, #6
     Reply RE: My first empoweree!!!!, Wayward Knight, 10-Dec-11 12:42 AM, #7
     Reply RE: My first empoweree!!!!, Milisnria (Anonymous), 10-Dec-11 04:31 AM, #9
     Reply Keep the RP logs coming if you have more., DurNominator, 11-Dec-11 05:17 PM, #18
     Reply It's a good thing Gorty can't read forums!, Gortanvil (Anonymous), 10-Dec-11 06:07 PM, #12
     Reply You were a reason to come back., Gortanvil (Anonymous), 10-Dec-11 05:10 PM, #10
     Reply RE: You were a reason to come back., Wayward Knight, 10-Dec-11 05:31 PM, #11
     Reply Very well done..you saved my ass more than a very times..., Tesline, 10-Dec-11 07:43 PM, #13
     Reply Goodbye, my rebel!, Ilianthia (Anonymous), 10-Dec-11 11:21 PM, #14
     Reply Hey, please PM me, either here or on QHCF., Wayward Knight, 11-Dec-11 12:01 AM, #15
     Reply Goodbye Caerdryn!, Kursh (Anonymous), 16-Dec-11 01:50 AM, #19
          Reply You and Fasiden..., Wayward Knight, 17-Dec-11 04:50 PM, #21
               Reply RE: You and Fasiden..., Kursh (Anonymous), 18-Dec-11 02:23 AM, #22
                    Reply RE: You and Fasiden..., Caerdryn (Anonymous), 18-Dec-11 02:56 AM, #23

Wayward KnightSat 17-Dec-11 04:47 PM
Member since 06th Jan 2010
129 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#105073, "Some more goodbyes..."
In response to Reply #0

Sorry, I have been busy with a new character and with trying to get my effects in order for the holidays.

Nobody would have really noticed this, but Caerdryn spent his entire life on Wimpy 0, purposefully. I was sphere Courage, I thought it fit the bill to only retreat when it was a sound decision.

I threw myself into ganks, I threw myself at people bigger than me, I threw myself at Imperial Death Squads. And yes, when I got older, I got a little more conservative with that depleting con. I never acted like a coward, though.

Ozrek - Involving you with the Maran was a highlight of my funstick with RP. I like having Imm interaction, of course, but being able to -share- that interaction with other characters is awesome. The interaction is what really keeps me coming back to empowerment characters. Ozrek was always a fun ride every time we went adventuring. I bet you miss your dress.

Bhurmag - one of my favorite foes to fight later on. I was sad when you went away. You were great, and even if you didn't have a role, you roleplayed with me, and I liked it.

Yubotexz - If anyone could possibly be Caerdryn's archenemy, it was you. It is a shame that you never made it to hero before Caerdryn died. I would have liked one last pitched battle between the two of them. Yubotexz was awesome - shadowy, fear-inspiring and deadly. Much kudos.

Zosi / Ilianthia - Developing a respect for Outlanders wasn't something that I just randomly decided to do with Caer, it kind of happened over time. And what ended up developing between Caerdryn and you two was very interesting, to say the least. Had the cards come up a different way I might very well have tried to push Caerdryn into Outlander, but they didn't. Maybe next time!

Gdot - Love/hate relationship in character. It made Caerdryn upset that he basically had to kill you in order to keep you from killing his allies or him, that time. I mean, what paladins like to slaughter gnomes? But you roleplayed it all the way and I loved that.

Ganicus - You were just one ####-mouthed little bastard, you know that? You deserved exactly what you got when Caerdryn beat you down, if not for killing Angynn then definitely for just running your mouth your whole life. And still I loved you, you dirty svirf bastard. Ganicus was always really entertaining, and a tough opponent to boot.

Gharindul - The matchups just never worked in your favor. I had a virtue that specifically catered to fighting warriors, so that wasn't good on your end, but you also never seemed well-equipped enough to deal with me when I came knocking. I loved your rp in it though - the threat of vengeance, even though it came through a speech impediment, was great to interact with.

Fjodir - Man, what a roundabout with you... you happen to have an incredibly similar role to what I have written for an antipaladin, so I may need to make some changes to it before I try to pull off my first evil. You were a strong roleplayer and when we finally fought, a beast.

Otuerghad - the third wheel. Your opportunistic methods nearly caught me so many times. I insulted you heavily in character but you were playing a great Empire thief, IMO.

All I can think of for now. Sorry it took me so long.

IllanthosSun 11-Dec-11 01:36 AM
Member since 14th Oct 2011
274 posts
#104966, "Mooooose!"
In response to Reply #0

Nothing about me?

You were what I would describe as a glass cannon among Paladins. I kept an especially close eye on your health while you were around because I just knew that if a fight broke out, you'd be tanking with your face. In that respect, we were an excellent pairing, as I could generally keep you in the fight long enough for you to melt the collective faces of whatever ganks came our way. We didnt have alot of group fights, but when we did, the two of us were easily turning away imperials 2v3.

I would've liked to chat you up a bit more, possibly finish exploring that area we got partway through. I enjoyed your RP; it was very dynamic which is something I dont see often enough these days. I enjoy a character who can really change and grow throughout their lives, and stand up for these changes in belief.

See you on the road!

Wayward KnightSun 11-Dec-11 03:00 AM
129 posts
#104967, "So much about you..."
In response to Reply #16

But nobody else out here would get it. Mooooose about sums it up! Ahahahaha.

You're another character I will sorely miss. Yet another reason to roll up another fortie, imo - just for the RP with Illanthos, or whoever you make next.

As for our power playability, we actually turned away five imperials at one point, but I don't think I have the log. You and I made a sick combination.

Most definitely, see you on the road.

Wayward KnightFri 09-Dec-11 04:49 PM
129 posts
#104899, "Some goodbyes..."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Fri 09-Dec-11 05:14 PM

Man... so much to write. Specific goodbyes are going to be a pain, because there are so many people who influenced Caerdryn from the first day.

Baerinika - Of course, by far, one of the primary driving forces behind Caerdryn, for better or for worse at times. It was a hell of a ride. You definitely helped attach me to the roleplay that Caerdryn developed, both by being a driving force behind it and being an opposing force to it, at times. I am certainly not unhappy with how everything went, in the end. All of it only makes me wish he wasn't dead even more. Thank you for everything. I think I may make another Baerinika follower after this.

The Ghost of a Long Dead Maran - You got me through a period of time in which I was pretty sure I would just log on one day and decide it wasn't worth continuing, and delete. I am glad I made it through that brief period of weakness, but that's not all I have to thank you for. You made me want, more than I already did, to roleplay with others about the things that we talked about. And that you would pop in when they were around was even better. Whoever you are, and I think I have an idea, interacting with you will be sorely missed.

Milisnria - From the first bloody day. Really. Despite the differences of opinion that we developed, you are still the first thing on my mind when I think of Caerdryn's friends. I am pretty sure I know who the player behind the character is, but that isn't really relevant. Thank you for being a great friend IC.

Vallinane - There are so many things to say. I think I can only sum them up by saying holy ####, I'll miss you man.

Eachainn - You gave me both the worst times and the best times with Caerdryn. Whether or not you appropriately type your sentences, heh. Thank you for being another driving force behind the development of the character.

Morin - Another early-on who helped develop Caerdryn with his own ideals. Morin had a very fatherly outlook on the whole Fortress, and when Caerdryn was young that affected him heavier than I can really say. When Morin was disappointed with Caerdryn for not healing him in that hopeless situation, that really sank deep into me. I actually felt depressed alongside exactly what I imagine Caerdryn would have felt if he were a real person.

Thevara - I was going to wait to write this, but I will edit it in now. You were the one character beyond any other that influenced Caerdryn, because even after you were gone, he remembered everything that happened between the two of you. If Thevara had not died, Caerdryn would have proposed. The memory of Thevara pushed him to keep going more than anything else. You influenced his interaction with just about every single other character in the game, including Baerinika and the Maran spirit. Hope you don't delete with your next one!

Oh man. There is just so much to write. I will keep writing more goodbyes and respond to them as I go along, but right now I have to go get ready for a gig. I pay the bills with my guitar.

I have no hate for anyone after this character. You all contributed in your own way. So thanks to everyone.

More soon. As Caerdryn would say, see you on the Road!

Thevara (Anonymous)Fri 09-Dec-11 05:20 PM
Charter member
#104900, "RE: Some goodbyes..."
In response to Reply #1

You were a force, and pushed my paladin past limits I knew. I would watch you fight, and watch how you held your faith and honor and think to myself I need to become more like you. As time passed we slowly became better matched and found an equilibrium that sparked more than I thought it would. You were truly my most fun to interact with up to date. Tying you and blonk and the elder shifter I cant remember. Deleting was a decision thinking it was best to leave Cf before I got to attached to my char and school starting, but it was foolish because I rolled up yuzxra weeks later. It was hard to not pick up where I left off due to rp but still had a soft spot for your character. It was great to see a char not remain static but actually grow. Between Thevara and yuzxra. You grew wiser I remember when we talked of love as Thevara you said the only thing you had love for was striking down the wicked and the grip of your sword, soon thevara replaced that, and when thevara passed your love for the wisdom of the light soon took after. You kept thevara an idol way past her death. And taught yuzxra that a gentle mind and quick tongue can be just as deadly as her fist. Thanks for the interactions and good luck with your next.

AereglenFri 09-Dec-11 09:41 PM
Member since 23rd Apr 2011
476 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104906, "Solid character, solid run. "
In response to Reply #1

Hopefully this will shut up some of the haters on QHCF. Apparently you kept the same gear your whole life because you never took risks. I hope you come back soon and give the scrubs something else to hate on!

RayihnFri 09-Dec-11 10:03 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#104907, "My little drama queen..."
In response to Reply #1

I thought I had the market cornered on drama loving paladins but you put me to shame! It looked like a wild ride for you, and my favorite characters have been RP'd like that, so immersive that they have their own personality, instinct, and it becomes like wearing a different skin. Baer is like that for me.

We started off so good, and then when you got caught up with Thevara it really drove a wedge between us. Some of that is just how Baer is and her beliefs about that sort of thing, but a lot of it was how much Thevara influenced and changed you. It was good your character evolved, and I hope you don't think I punished you too harshly. I tried to go easy-ish on you.

After that, there were days I wanted to just ring your neck, I'll tell you that much. And times when I wanted to put you on ignore, but Baer would never have done that to you. You were just so damned stubborn! Arg.

Anyways...it was a rocky journey, and I wish we'd had a little more time to actually mend the rift. We were back together but it still felt off to me. I was trying to catch you when I saw you with 1 death left so I could cut your con quest short and finish it up and then....dead. Sigh, poor timing. I really am sorry it ended that way.

Good luck on your next, and I do hope to see you around the shrine again. Maybe with something a little less hell bent on disagreeing with me.

Wayward KnightSat 10-Dec-11 12:49 AM
129 posts
#104913, "RE: My little drama queen..."
In response to Reply #4

The feelings, good and aggravated, are mutual. But the greatest part about it is it helped me develop the character, and there is nothing but gratitude that I have for that.

I really did not realize that I only had one death left. Even if I had known, I still would have gone after Dvalygg, because despite what some people on QHCF think of me, I took risks all the time. I just tried not to be foolish about it!

I definitely, at one point, did feel like I was getting too harshly treated. But my response to it was entirely in-character, and Caerdryn had his own feelings on the matter. In the end I am definitely happy that things worked out well with Baerinika and Caerdryn.

I have made up my mind that you will certainly see me in Baerinika's shrine again, but I have a lot more concepts I want to try as well. Fortunately, I really like paladins, and I enjoy the PK aspect, so you should have a new Wayward Knight paladin at your beck and call soon enough.

Definitely one more malleable!

OnewingedangelFri 09-Dec-11 10:48 PM
Member since 22nd Jul 2009
447 posts
#104908, "Bravo, sir, bravo"
In response to Reply #1

I interacted with you as both Shikala? I think, and more as Lethmitel. Shikala probably couldn't done pretty well against you in hero ranks, but..I just got bored of her. But you were great. You took risks, and you did well sometimes, but sometimes, we just ended up in bad places. That time against Dvalygg...I could've survived, but I was just too stubborn, and wasn't going to leave you, even though you ended up safe. Lethmitel never left a man behind...which caused alot of his deaths.

And your character evolution, that's always the best. The way it changed so dramatically. That was my favorite part of Sirak, and I easily would've age or con died him if my laptop hadn't broke. I hope to see you in the fields soon.

GLWYN, man. I know it'll be great.

WhiysdanSat 10-Dec-11 12:35 AM
Member since 04th Aug 2011
243 posts
#104910, "My first empoweree!!!!"
In response to Reply #1

I'm really glad you enjoyed my interactions with you as the ghost of a long dead Maran. I had some fun twists and turns planned, but you ended up making up with Baer, so I just let her have you in the end. The funny thing is, I was going to pop down and interact with you as the ghost today when I saw you logged on, but then I noticed you had one death left, Baer was talking to you, and then you had died. Like Baer said, bummer on the timing.

I really enjoyed our interactions and I'm glad you had as much fun as I did.

Best of luck on whatever is next. This one was a lot of fun.

"W"

Wayward KnightSat 10-Dec-11 12:42 AM
129 posts
#104911, "RE: My first empoweree!!!!"
In response to Reply #6

The devotion between you and Baerinika was about a fifty-fifty split, I really wish you had popped down to see me today. I have logged just about every RP incident with Caerdryn and will be posting them on QHCF and maybe here as well. You were amazing. Thanks for a great time!

Milisnria (Anonymous)Sat 10-Dec-11 04:31 AM
Charter member
#104918, "RE: My first empoweree!!!!"
In response to Reply #7

sad to see you go good character, I was just getting back too
: ) You and Eachainne seem to be the last ones left of good
old times. Dam Im starting to feel old. Kudos to sticking to
the creed and oath. All around top notch character, and surely
a great friend of Mili.

DurNominatorSun 11-Dec-11 05:17 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104975, "Keep the RP logs coming if you have more."
In response to Reply #7

They've been a good read so far.

Gortanvil (Anonymous)Sat 10-Dec-11 06:07 PM
Charter member
#104944, "It's a good thing Gorty can't read forums!"
In response to Reply #6

Haha!

Gortanvil (Anonymous)Sat 10-Dec-11 05:10 PM
Charter member
#104938, "You were a reason to come back."
In response to Reply #1

Thanks for your efforts IC to keep things going when the "Blight" gets a hold ya.

Looks like I'll never get those things back.. Ha!

Gorty

Wayward KnightSat 10-Dec-11 05:31 PM
129 posts
#104943, "RE: You were a reason to come back."
In response to Reply #10

You definitely seemed to me like a guy who just needed a little break. The game gets pretty frustrating at times with silent PKers like the guy who nailed you. I've fought him a dozen times over the past three characters and never once has the guy spoken anything more than the yells from me attacking him back.

I am glad you decided to stick around. More roleplayers makes for a game experience with far more immersion.

TeslineSat 10-Dec-11 07:43 PM
Member since 25th Jun 2010
582 posts
#104947, "Very well done..you saved my ass more than a very times..."
In response to Reply #1

Thanks for the advice..but if CF were poker Id be all in everytime. The people on Dio are retarded they still think DB is OP. You did take risks you just werent suicidal. sorry i couldnt help you finish your con quest...those were some random items.

I've got a single #### to give...and it's just for you.

Ilianthia (Anonymous)Sat 10-Dec-11 11:21 PM
Charter member
#104954, "Goodbye, my rebel!"
In response to Reply #1

Here's to the several fun conversations you engendered, and it would have been fun to have upset the applecart by having you in the tree as Baerinika suggested. Chaos is good for the spirit, and you wore it proudly like a majestic robe. Thanks for the great roleplay.

Wayward KnightSun 11-Dec-11 12:01 AM
129 posts
#104961, "Hey, please PM me, either here or on QHCF."
In response to Reply #14

Would like to talk to you about something a bit unrelated to Caerdryn. Just an idea I had.

Kursh (Anonymous)Fri 16-Dec-11 01:50 AM
Charter member
#105051, "Goodbye Caerdryn!"
In response to Reply #1

You gave me one of my best lines ever when I met you in that orc village with Vrigbez! "Kursh, you are one intrepid gnome!"

Thank you for saving me in the Underdark! It changed the direction of Kursh for quite some time, and therefore affected quite a lot of people! Ozrek even thought Kursh might be redeemed because of that one change! Unfortunately, Kursh found it too sad to disappoint him to tell Ozrek that Kursh was much more interested in specific goals and magical knowledge than goodness. Although it will be interesting to see if Kursh thinks he is released from his promise now that you're gone! In some sense Kursh will feel a palpable sense of relief, I think, although he always misses his friends!

Wayward KnightSat 17-Dec-11 04:50 PM
129 posts
#105074, "You and Fasiden..."
In response to Reply #19

You were my favorite gnomes... I loved talking with Kursh. I am glad that I had such an influence on you. Hopefully we will interact with my next.

Fasiden, also, was a favorite gnome of mine. I hope the guy that plays him is still around, because his roleplay was absolutely hilarious. I will never forget the first time he greeted me...

"GREETINGS, NOBLE KNIGHT!!! ARE YOU INTERESTED IN A DIMINUTIVE BUT ENTHUSIASTIC COMPANION?!?!"

I laughed and spit food onto my computer. For real.

Kursh (Anonymous)Sun 18-Dec-11 02:23 AM
Charter member
#105098, "RE: You and Fasiden..."
In response to Reply #21

Actually, that was me, not Fasiden!!

Caerdryn (Anonymous)Sun 18-Dec-11 02:56 AM
Charter member
#105099, "RE: You and Fasiden..."
In response to Reply #22

What?? Really? Oh boy, I have no idea how I got those two mixed up!

Well it was still hilarious and by far the most entertaining gnome interaction I have had ever.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #104898 Previous topic | Next topic