Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Teriseta Galadlor the Grand Mi..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #104770
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 04-Dec-11 08:24 AM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17195 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104770, "(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Teriseta Galadlor the Grand Mistress of Artistry"

Sun Dec 4 06:21:01 2011

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 7th of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Teriseta perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:204

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Lame lame lame., Vallinane (Anonymous), 05-Dec-11 06:23 PM, #6
Reply Things are going pretty well for Fort from what I saw., Teriseta (Anonymous), 05-Dec-11 10:02 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Things are going pretty well for Fort from what I s..., Yuzxra (Anonymous), 06-Dec-11 04:28 AM, #8
     Reply Disappointing, Argivo (Anonymous), 10-Dec-11 02:40 AM, #9
          Reply Not at all., Teriseta (Anonymous), 10-Dec-11 09:38 AM, #10
Reply C'mon, you didn't know Annabel Lee?, Rindros (Anonymous), 04-Dec-11 09:43 AM, #1
     Reply RE: C'mon, you didn't know Annabel Lee?, Illanthos, 04-Dec-11 08:02 PM, #2
     Reply No worries., Teriseta (Anonymous), 04-Dec-11 10:54 PM, #4
          Reply RE: No worries., Rindros (Anonymous), 05-Dec-11 03:30 AM, #5
     Reply I thoroughly enjoyed that talk., Teriseta (Anonymous), 04-Dec-11 10:21 PM, #3

Vallinane (Anonymous)Mon 05-Dec-11 06:23 PM
Charter member
#104780, "Lame lame lame."
In response to Reply #0

You were totally going to be a badass. Why delete before we got things rolling?

No more from me until you post some goodbyes. So lazy, yeesh.

Teriseta (Anonymous)Mon 05-Dec-11 10:02 PM
Charter member
#104784, "Things are going pretty well for Fort from what I saw."
In response to Reply #6

I usually don't delete characters, but this one suffered from a an increasingly busy RL coming up and an overly large fort presence that just made most times I logged in fairly dull. Can only gather so much gear/preps/gold before you really don't need anything else and want some people to try it all out against.

Only Vallinane and Eachainn really spent time with Teriseta, and I thought highly of you both, glad I got a chance to play on their side as they are two very well done characters who impressed me every time I got to hang around with them.

A few other fort people I saw around and hung around with, and generally everyone was great all the time, as were the enemies, but there was nothing all that memorable about this character.

It was just, honestly speaking, dull. And I honestly did't have it in me with this one to go through that. Not a complaint about Fort, but the cabal is just not for me, at least not the Maran path. Maybe I'll try an acolyte sometime.

Sorry to let you down Vall, but I had no intention of being any sort of bad ass with this one. Fort has a few already, as odd as that sounds, so they didn't need me helping out. I'd rather help a weak cabal get strong than join an already strong one.

If I played her out as I actually wanted to role wise, I'm pretty sure she would have gotten into trouble, as ultimately her dream was going to lead her to seeking out Zulghinlour and following him above anything else. Maybe it could have worked within the Fort dynamic, maybe not. But he is a busy guy with all he does for CF, so I didn't want to waste his time unless I had the time to really commit to the char, which I didn't, so that just was one more reason to hang it up.

Yuzxra (Anonymous)Tue 06-Dec-11 04:28 AM
Charter member
#104786, "RE: Things are going pretty well for Fort from what I s..."
In response to Reply #7

The time we got together and raided the empire, while they had those to defend set a good feeling in my stomach. You were very cool and collected, which bonded well with Yuzxra's impulsive nature. I don't know how you ultimately felt about me but I hope you enjoyed it. I still am on limbo between if I prefer acolytes or marans. Having had Yuzxra and Thevara. My acolyte was better set up however. Anyways GLWYN.

Argivo (Anonymous)Sat 10-Dec-11 02:40 AM
Charter member
#104915, "Disappointing"
In response to Reply #7

So basically, you were so awesome that I'm mad at you at deleting and not really giving things a fair shake. I'm really, really glad you were 100% with us doing the outbreak of hostilities with Battleragers, your fearless presence was really a gamechanger. In fact, I kind of did my best behind the scenes to make that happen, more on that in my death_thread. I'm sad that you didn't think I didn't spend time with you, but Argivo's always on the hunt or preparing (when he's not running for his life), and it was hard to get you to come along!

I remember talking to Teriseta when she was a level 20something pledge, getting excited about the great things in store for a character that well played. I think you could have tried harder, but you seemed to just give up and decidee things were dull before you tried. I remember that Argivo had to push you, even, to get a single blooding/pkill from Gralog as pledge at level 46ish so that Teriseta could become a squire! On the other hand, it was clear you were so intelligently played, experienced, and fun to be around that I would make that investment in Teriseta again if I had to

Argivo was really disappointed about the delete. He tried really hard to cultivate you, get you fired up, and give you leadership and pk opportunities. He could see your intelligence and potential, and did his best to help you express you it. No to mention, a well played bard like Teriseta could take Fort far for the next generation.

I think you get out of CF, and a login, what you bring to it. There were plenty of times I was wondering what the heck Teriseta was doing that was so important in places like Organia while I was fighting 1 or 2 scions. I remember mentioning to Eachainn that I got a more consistent help from outcabal bards than from our own. I'm really suprised to hear you say a prime reason for your deletion was that you were bored endlessly collecting preps and eq and never using it, when to me it seemed like you were never trying to create or join opportunities to fight evil chars outside of raid/counterraid.

There hasn't ever been a time when an evil character , outnumbered, would decline an offer of a duel, excepting perhaps Fjodir, but it seemed like you didn't have the initiative to do that because you decided your char was going to be bored before you started

GLWYN!

Teriseta (Anonymous)Sat 10-Dec-11 09:38 AM
Charter member
#104922, "Not at all."
In response to Reply #9

Teriseta suffered from numerous problems for me. Boredom yes, but also one was RL was going to sap any sort of consistent playing time for a good while, so I primarily played at work connecting through the main site in early morning eastern time when it was usually a low count and there would still be 3/4 fort people on and nobody else. Add in the holidays coupled with work and it just didn't leave me a lot of CF time. So now I can manage maybe an hour here and there, and that's just not enough to be fair to a cabal in my eyes. When things lighten up and I've the time I might give the scribe path a real effort.

The first PK: When you PK with a bard you start to understand why it takes time. It's not easy to solo PK with the class, especially with an 800 xp penalty, until you really get up in ranks and can use grand nocturne to seal some kills And three of us ganging down Gralog, you'll have to excuse me for not seeming overly thrilled or proud about that.

I was in Organia trying to check for something, except killing that dragon solo took a VERY long time with her because of the near automatic scourging. I would check who pk though, and usually our numbers were enough that I didn't think me being there was adversely impacting things.

On duels: I dislike the very idea of asking someone to come fight me because I can't find them. To me, asking for duels is the epitome of lazy and so I will never bother initiating or responding to them. If you want to fight me, find me. If I want to fight you, I'll do the same. That and I never trust evils to keep their word.

The real mistake I made with the character, ultimately, was in going squire and not scribe. I very much wanted to just be a quiet low key background elf that helped out when it was needed, but really was only in fort to try and seek out her dream and hold back the darkness from the land. I think the seeking should have been the greater part of her RP though, and so I should have went scribe. But the allure of PKing alongside all of you got the better of me (most everyone was great to be around and travel with, even if they did make the occassional PK mistake like attacking people I put to sleep instantly).

Most of my time was with Eachainn and Vall exploring and gathering stuff. The village dynamic was interesting, but we were fighting with a major handicap since we didn't take the head really. If you're going to fight the war, fight to win. Teriseta was probably most valuable solely because bards tear through villagers better than most so I could make it overly difficult for them to do much of anything. There were some epic fights that waged on for long times though but ultimately Eachainn was right, the body count was overwhelming in our favor for a time.

Rindros (Anonymous)Sun 04-Dec-11 09:43 AM
Charter member
#104771, "C'mon, you didn't know Annabel Lee?"
In response to Reply #0

It was many and many a year ago,
In a kingdom by the sea,
That a maiden there lived whom you may know
By the name of Annabel Lee;
And this maiden she lived with no other thought
Than to love and be loved by me.

I was a child and she was a child,
In this kingdom by the sea;
But we loved with a love that was more than love-
I and my Annabel Lee;
With a love that the winged seraphs of heaven
Coveted her and me.

And this was the reason that, long ago,
In this kingdom by the sea,
A wind blew out of a cloud, chilling
My beautiful Annabel Lee;
So that her highborn kinsman came
And bore her away from me,
To shut her up in a sepulchre
In this kingdom by the sea.

The angels, not half so happy in heaven,
Went envying her and me-
Yes!- that was the reason (as all men know,
In this kingdom by the sea)
That the wind came out of the cloud by night,
Chilling and killing my Annabel Lee.

But our love it was stronger by far than the love
Of those who were older than we-
Of many far wiser than we-
And neither the angels in heaven above,
Nor the demons down under the sea,
Can ever dissever my soul from the soul
Of the beautiful Annabel Lee.

For the moon never beams without bringing me dreams
Of the beautiful Annabel Lee;
And the stars never rise but I feel the bright eyes
Of the beautiful Annabel Lee;
And so, all the night-tide, I lie down by the side
Of my darling- my darling- my life and my bride,
In the sepulchre there by the sea,
In her tomb by the sounding sea.

Well met entirely, sirrah.

You cost me a sweet loot on Oteur with that fiend. I had the super immolation from his trap on me so I couldn't risk staying unfortunately. I enjoyed our talk, chaotic as it was.

IllanthosSun 04-Dec-11 08:02 PM
Member since 14th Oct 2011
274 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104772, "RE: C'mon, you didn't know Annabel Lee?"
In response to Reply #1

An Edgar Allen Poe favourite.

Why did you delete? You seemed really competent. Together we would've been able to keep Fort going strong for ages. Illanthos held a soft spot in his heart for you. I REALLY regret not being around to interact with you more, but such is school life.

Teriseta (Anonymous)Sun 04-Dec-11 10:54 PM
Charter member
#104774, "No worries."
In response to Reply #2

Edgar Allen Poe does't exist in Thera, was sort of the point.

Illanthos was nice, shame I did not see you more as you were awesome to talk with when i had the chances.

I just was pretty bored with things as they were. Pretty much my character was just hanging around talking with the Captain and Marshall when they were about.

Fort is pretty strong all the time, they always tend to be. At least numbers wise.

Thanks for thinking I was competent though, never played fort before.

Rindros (Anonymous)Mon 05-Dec-11 03:30 AM
Charter member
#104778, "RE: No worries."
In response to Reply #4

Just because Poe does not exist, it doesn't mean that his poems don't. Italy doesn't exist in Thera, but there is lots of Italian (from Sacer).

I said I'd hold your hand through the darkness when all the light is gone. Something like that.

Teriseta (Anonymous)Sun 04-Dec-11 10:21 PM
Charter member
#104773, "I thoroughly enjoyed that talk."
In response to Reply #1

I was going to tell you any skilled bard can see without their eyes, but you logged off after the comment that had something to do with my eyes being removed or something.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #104770 Previous topic | Next topic