Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Bohvik Thrawnoak the Affirmation o..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #104669
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 28-Nov-11 08:40 AM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17195 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104669, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Bohvik Thrawnoak the Affirmation of Life, Elder Prophet of the Light"

Mon Nov 28 07:39:55 2011

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 20th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Bohvik perished, never to return.

Race:dwarf
Class:healer
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:192

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Bohvik Thrawnoak the Affirmati..., Yuzxra (Anonymous), 29-Nov-11 05:32 AM, #14
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Bohvik Thrawnoak the Affirmati..., Bohvik (Anonymous), 28-Nov-11 12:24 PM, #1
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Bohvik Thrawnoak the Affirmati..., Caerdryn (Anonymous), 28-Nov-11 12:49 PM, #2
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Bohvik Thrawnoak the Affirmati..., Splntrd, 28-Nov-11 03:17 PM, #6
     Reply My own personal vision of Padwei is a bit different, Vallinane (Anonymous), 28-Nov-11 01:17 PM, #3
     Reply RE: My own personal vision of Padwei is a bit different, Splntrd, 28-Nov-11 03:10 PM, #4
     Reply Thanks for the talks!, Fjodir (Anonymous), 28-Nov-11 02:57 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Thanks for the talks!, Splntrd, 28-Nov-11 03:21 PM, #7
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Bohvik Thrawnoak the Affirmati..., Illanthos, 28-Nov-11 05:09 PM, #8
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Bohvik Thrawnoak the Affirmati..., Splntrd, 28-Nov-11 05:32 PM, #9
     Reply Hell we jes had a good talk too!, Sasaek (Anonymous), 28-Nov-11 06:55 PM, #10
     Reply RE: Hell we jes had a good talk too!, Splntrd, 28-Nov-11 07:25 PM, #11
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Bohvik Thrawnoak the Affirmati..., GoTeamUnderdog (NOT garwern), 29-Nov-11 03:15 AM, #12
          Reply Hmmmm, GoTeamUnderdog (NOT garwern), 29-Nov-11 03:16 AM, #13
          Reply Yea I think the imms should fix this., Tesline, 29-Nov-11 10:07 AM, #15
          Reply RE: Hmmmm, Rayihn, 29-Nov-11 11:00 AM, #16
               Reply Re: Abusing anonymous posting, Zulghinlour, 30-Nov-11 02:37 PM, #18
                    Reply If you want anonymous posting allowed on the forum, the..., Explosion, 30-Nov-11 03:52 PM, #19
                         Reply agree with explosion, laxman, 30-Nov-11 04:07 PM, #20
                         Reply RE: If you want anonymous posting allowed on the forum,..., Daevryn, 30-Nov-11 04:10 PM, #21
                         Reply It's a useless solution, incognito, 30-Nov-11 06:34 PM, #22
                         Reply I think you misunderstood., Vortex Magus, 30-Nov-11 11:05 PM, #23
                         Reply RE: If you want anonymous posting allowed on the forum,..., DurNominator, 02-Dec-11 01:20 AM, #24
          Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Bohvik Thrawnoak the Affirmati..., Splntrd, 29-Nov-11 02:44 PM, #17

Yuzxra (Anonymous)Tue 29-Nov-11 05:32 AM
Charter member
#104690, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Bohvik Thrawnoak the Affirmati..."
In response to Reply #0

I thoroughly enjoyed your presence within the halls. You were very jovial and light-hearted but willing to press yourself into danger which Yuzxra was a magnet for. I wish we had more time together but alas, I understand the college issues to well as both Yuzxra and Thevara. Everytime I get firmly into my character I lose grip on my studies and find myself neck-deep. So I'm taking a break myself until finals are over. As you'll soon see me back in the fields, I hope to see you as well. Your presence in the fields is much needed.

Bohvik (Anonymous)Mon 28-Nov-11 12:24 PM
Charter member
#104670, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Bohvik Thrawnoak the Affirmati..."
In response to Reply #0

Going to keep this short.

My hiatus from school ended up killing my excitement for the character. And not logging in isn't fun for anybody - so it was time to go roll something else.

Thanks to everybody I interacted with - I learned a ton from this character and did everything I could to give back. First hero healer, first leader, first cabalwars character - I had a lot to learn and couldn't have asked for a better time.

You know me - I can talk for ages about the roleplay and the interactions, so if you've got something to say related to Bohvik/Aco/Padwei and want to hear my thoughts, reply and I'll get back to you.

My only specific thanks in this post belongs to Padwei. Wonderful interactions. Thanks for taking an oddball role and running with it as far as you did - you made the character for me in so many ways.

Your song (because this is my thread and I can pre-empt you if I want): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EdtcblBrWg

Caerdryn (Anonymous)Mon 28-Nov-11 12:49 PM
Charter member
#104672, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Bohvik Thrawnoak the Affirmati..."
In response to Reply #1

There were so many times where Bohvik and a handful of others kept me going. It's getting really agitating playing a long-lived character to find most of the people I really don't want to leave leaving.

The only boon here is that there will hopefully be a new Fortie coming up with all of your Bohvik experience behind him.

I will really, truly miss Bohvik. So many times where I did something for the Fort and you were the only one who noticed, or the only one to thank me (especially when Garwern was around) or the only one to help me.

As Caerdryn would say, see you on the Road.

SplntrdMon 28-Nov-11 03:17 PM
Member since 08th Feb 2004
1096 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104676, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Bohvik Thrawnoak the Affirmati..."
In response to Reply #2

>The only boon here is that there will hopefully be a new
>Fortie coming up with all of your Bohvik experience behind
>him.

Not another Fortie immediately, but I play the game mostly to interact and roleplay, so the boon is - there will be another interaction-heavy character coming soon with Bohvik's experience behind him.

>I will really, truly miss Bohvik. So many times where I did
>something for the Fort and you were the only one who noticed,
>or the only one to thank me (especially when Garwern was
>around) or the only one to help me.
>
>As Caerdryn would say, see you on the Road.

I -loved- it the first time Caerdryn said that. Bohvik had a very similar outlook on life - that he walked a path set before him by the gods (in this case, the lifebringer) to do the most Good possible. The outlook is a very useful one from a functional perspective - it turns bumps in the road into faith-based trials, and Bohvik was a pillar o faith because of it.

Bohvik secretly felt Caerdryn had the better deal - he was able to roam freely and serve the Light wherever he walked, as Bohvik used to before he became a scribe.

Splntrd

Vallinane (Anonymous)Mon 28-Nov-11 01:17 PM
Charter member
#104673, "My own personal vision of Padwei is a bit different"
In response to Reply #1

Padwei's Song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlOVEMHLAMc

#1 Wombat of Thera

Bohvik was a badass, and I'm glad you had a good experience in Fort. You started out fairly newbish, but got the hang of things pretty quickly, and quickly became one of the more reliable acolytes to hang with. Appreciate you putting up with everything we threw at you, and glad you finally made it to cabals/hero ranks/whatever else like the rest of us. It's really great fun.

I had tons of fun joking with Bohvik Thrawnoak, First Wombatlover of the Fortress. Stoopid Padwei leading us all around like that. LOL. Interactions really make this game what it is, and interacting with Bohvik was always great fun, whether it was us dragging you around for defiance or us dragging you around for... well... everything else.

There's a reason why people keep coming back to the Fort: you can find awesome interactions here that are hard to come by anywhere else. Make another fortie soon, y'hear?

SplntrdMon 28-Nov-11 02:54 PM
1096 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104674, "RE: My own personal vision of Padwei is a bit different"
In response to Reply #3
Edited on Mon 28-Nov-11 03:10 PM

>Padwei's Song:
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlOVEMHLAMc
>
>#1 Wombat of Thera

This one's probably a little closer - Bohvik frollicked quietly.

Bohvik's role was more centered around being a Lifebringer than worshipping a wombat - "wombat worship" was simply the logical conclusion of a man of faith being told to seek out a wombat. It presented a faith-based challenge for Bohvik - to follow a god no one had ever heard of in the name of a higher cause. Through the woods... dunes... oceans... seasons...

It's all in the role - and the PBF is purchased!

>Bohvik was a badass, and I'm glad you had a good experience in
>Fort. You started out fairly newbish, but got the hang of
>things pretty quickly, and quickly became one of the more
>reliable acolytes to hang with. Appreciate you putting up with
>everything we threw at you, and glad you finally made it to
>cabals/hero ranks/whatever else like the rest of us. It's
>really great fun.

It's no problem - Bohvik sought that stuff out. Not only was it really important to him spiritually to stay close to companions and keep their spirits up - it was highly valuable experience for me. I really lucked into being a scribe at a time when there are a LOT of competent players in Fort, both PKers and RPers, and I wanted to absorb all of it.

>There's a reason why people keep coming back to the Fort: you
>can find awesome interactions here that are hard to come by
>anywhere else. Make another fortie soon, y'hear?

I was beyond impressed with the caliber of roleplay in Fort, and I've definitely been won over by goodie roleplay. Most of my characters in the past have been neutral, and many of them heralds, so it was fun to go from playing multipolar viewpoints to one that was very focused and faith-oriented.

And inflicting my wombat worship on others was at least 150 hours of fun. "You worship... what?"

I can't turn another Fortie around IMMEDIATELY - Bohvik's burnout and ideologies would carry over - but there's no doubt I'll be back.

Vallinane is awesome and an asset to the Fort. Sincerely one of Bohvik's favorite Forties to interact with. On the flip side, Bohvik always wished the Marshall would take a more active role leading - providing some balance to Eachainn's autocraticism.

Splntrd

Fjodir (Anonymous)Mon 28-Nov-11 02:57 PM
Charter member
#104675, "Thanks for the talks!"
In response to Reply #1

That talk at inn when you interviewed a squire was a lot of fun. I hope the two of you enjoyed it too.

Great character. GLWYN

SplntrdMon 28-Nov-11 03:20 PM
1096 posts
#104677, "RE: Thanks for the talks!"
In response to Reply #5
Edited on Mon 28-Nov-11 03:21 PM

It's no problem!

The player inside me was screaming "INSIDIOUS PLOT TO END THE WORLD LURKS HERE- DON'T TRUST THIS GUY"

But Bohvik felt everything unfolded as it should, and despite the risks of very nearly trusting an anti-paladin who wouldn't renounce his demons, took a decidedly neutral stance towards Fjodir because of it.

But Fjodir the character is cool as #### - and I loved it every time you'd make a cool (albeit warped) point about the evils of the Maran.

Splntrd

IllanthosMon 28-Nov-11 05:09 PM
Member since 14th Oct 2011
274 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104678, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Bohvik Thrawnoak the Affirmati..."
In response to Reply #1

Gah! I had plans for you! Plans!!! I can totally sympathize with you about school work. I'm currently knee deep in it right now, with freedom barely in sight.

Illanthos and Boh, together, meant dying wasnt on the menu for today. You seemed pretty new-ish, so I tried to help teach you how to use your supps to their best effectiveness (Though I am pretty new to the class myself). I have to admit, I always groaned when I saw that Boh had managed to lose yet another set of nice gear we decked him out in. I wanted to provide survival tips, but generally the problem was that he managed to maneuver himself into situations where survival was pretty slim.

We presented a good contrast, Illanthos' stern dedication, and Bohvik's playful joviality. The fact that the Fort Council is so varied really helps keep things fresh and interesting. It would've been quite interesting to see how this played out in later years, but alas, it was not to be.

More on Illanthos's thoughts on Boh when he (one day) kicks the bucket.

SplntrdMon 28-Nov-11 05:31 PM
1096 posts
#104679, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Bohvik Thrawnoak the Affirmati..."
In response to Reply #8
Edited on Mon 28-Nov-11 05:32 PM

You're exactly right about how I died all the time - I knew I could reasonably play in such a way that I would rarely die, so I took risks frequently just to see if I could weasel my way out of dying. It was highly productive - and I think fun for everyone.

And yeah - you have no idea how much it chafes me to leave with such a cool council assembled - but you gotta do what you gotta do.

I'd have to say - the contrast between Boh and Illanthos was a lot of fun for me. I liked being the chaotic to your orderly - and it was perfect that you the player had the edge on me skillwise to reinforce the relationship. Illanthos got to look down his nose at Boh occasionally for his shenanigans and mistakes, and Boh got to take it in stride and learn and thus ingratiate Illanthos. The result was probably one of my favorite relationships with this character - as you play Illanthos's role perfectly.

And I'll admit wandering around as Elder Prophet for a day before you got Cardinal felt pretty good.

At the end of the day, we shared a lot philosophically, and the common ground was so, so nice.

Splntrd

Sasaek (Anonymous)Mon 28-Nov-11 06:55 PM
Charter member
#104681, "Hell we jes had a good talk too!"
In response to Reply #1

You were very fun to be around. I honestly...could never.ever understand what you were saying..so half the time i gave a random generic answer back. I understand the school work too..just finish my term paper and finals are close. Pain right in the neck...Well good luck with your next hope it is fun.

SplntrdMon 28-Nov-11 07:25 PM
1096 posts
#104683, "RE: Hell we jes had a good talk too!"
In response to Reply #10

Bohvik had a bad habit of not speaking directly - or rather somewhat poetically. Combined with the accent, I totally understand why he could be difficult to follow.

Someone might be speaking to him of something very specific, and he'd make a vague, colorful comment like "T'is'll be moi foot'n'beard if oi say it oi do" and lose everyone.

It was meant to be an irish accent with a heavy scottish influence. In some of the unwritten parts of my role role that explain Bohvik's exile, Akan and Mortorn were essentially Ireland, and Bohvik's family was akin to the Ulster Scots living in Ireland. Lowland, forest-dwelling, farming dwarves who tried their best to fit in on the mountain but were eventually kicked out over their differences with the people of Akan.

Anyway, I loved talking to Sasaek. Lots of internal conflicts to solve. It feels like you're having a lot of fun with the role - so keep it up!

Splntrd

GoTeamUnderdog (NOT garwern)Tue 29-Nov-11 03:15 AM
Charter member
#104688, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Bohvik Thrawnoak the Affirmati..."
In response to Reply #1

This was a stand-up character which I thoroughly enjoyed. It was clear you were new the healer/cabal wars scene but you held yourself up admirably, didn't get down about any setbacks, and were gung-ho for any and everything. On top of it all you were exceptionally well roleplayed.

You really can't ask much more from a cabal mate, or any character really.

GoTeamUnderdog (NOT garwern)Tue 29-Nov-11 03:16 AM
Charter member
In response to Reply #12

I'm mildly curious why someone would make an account as the name of 'Garwern' in an attempt to out me.

TeslineTue 29-Nov-11 10:07 AM
Member since 25th Jun 2010
582 posts
#104691, "Yea I think the imms should fix this."
In response to Reply #13

It really is a kick in the RP nuts when people find who your current is.

I've got a single #### to give...and it's just for you.

RayihnTue 29-Nov-11 11:00 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#104692, "RE: Hmmmm"
In response to Reply #13

The account is set up for email: fnzjzpxv@sharklasers.com

Feel free to email them and tell them not to be a douche. I'll delete the account.

ZulghinlourWed 30-Nov-11 02:37 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
9792 posts
#104700, "Re: Abusing anonymous posting"
In response to Reply #16

Honestly, I knew this was a possibility when I made the updates for anonymous posting. If this is how the playerbase wants to act, I'll just remove it again because it's not worth the effort to try and verify that whoever is signing up for forum accounts is the actual person who plays the character.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

ExplosionWed 30-Nov-11 03:52 PM
Member since 06th Jul 2011
381 posts
#104701, "If you want anonymous posting allowed on the forum, the..."
In response to Reply #18

1. Allow anonymous posts on Battlefields without registration. Risk - bots spamming.

2. Add a BIG WARNING! When person is posting anonymously about that hole. Something like "You are going to post anonymously! If someone will register same nick as _anonymous_nick_, your TRUE account will be shown!" And continue/abort options.

3. Don't show Name(NOT Anonname) when such things happens. Instead, show it as Anonname(NOT real Anonname!). Probably the best solution.

laxmanWed 30-Nov-11 04:07 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#104702, "agree with explosion"
In response to Reply #19

the only way to really prevent someone from Koving the system would be to either prevent trying to post as anon if someone has the account/allow user to delete their own posts/or indicate that its not the person they claim to be without exposing who it actually is to the whole playerbase.

I can just see the Kov seeing this and thinking diabolically about how easy it would be to ruin everyones day by abusing this. And there are a handful of players who would do this if they were in a pouty mood as well.

DaevrynWed 30-Nov-11 04:10 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#104703, "RE: If you want anonymous posting allowed on the forum,..."
In response to Reply #19

>3. Don't show Name(NOT Anonname) when such things happens.
>Instead, show it as Anonname(NOT real Anonname!). Probably the
>best solution.

That actually seems like a good solution to me, but then, I'm not volunteering to implement it in the near future either.

incognitoWed 30-Nov-11 06:34 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104704, "It's a useless solution"
In response to Reply #19

Because people will just create throwaway accounts, same way as they do on Dio's.

Vortex MagusWed 30-Nov-11 11:05 PM
Member since 20th Apr 2005
400 posts
#104708, "I think you misunderstood."
In response to Reply #22
Edited on Wed 30-Nov-11 11:05 PM

Explosion was proposing that if someone makes an account with Garwern's name, the real account name would not be outed after Garwern's name was stripped, and instead all of Garwern's posts would be changed to "anonymous_01" or something.

DurNominatorFri 02-Dec-11 01:20 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104736, "RE: If you want anonymous posting allowed on the forum,..."
In response to Reply #19

>3. Don't show Name(NOT Anonname) when such things happens.
>Instead, show it as Anonname(NOT real Anonname!). Probably the
>best solution.

Or, it could just, prevent you from posting and notify you that the anon name you chose is already in use, asking you to choose another. Then you could change the anon name and try again. Your idea isn't bad either, though.

SplntrdTue 29-Nov-11 02:43 PM
1096 posts
#104693, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Bohvik Thrawnoak the Affirmati..."
In response to Reply #12
Edited on Tue 29-Nov-11 02:44 PM

Thanks for all the compliments! It's great to hear from people I liked that I was good at exactly what I liked doing.

I got frustrated - once in a great while. The funny thing about being an Aco - you're supposed to have an indomitable spirit, to inspire others. So it was my duty to truck through everything and never lose my morale -to lead by example. So by keeping to my role, I eased my frustrations as well.

I think I said pretty much all that needed to be said about Garwern when you died. I had an absolute ball learning how to healer with you.

Splntrd

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #104669 Previous topic | Next topic