Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Hapne the Legend of the Battle..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #104584
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 23-Nov-11 07:00 AM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17195 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104584, "(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Hapne the Legend of the Battlefield"

Wed Nov 23 06:00:01 2011

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Hapne perished, never to return.

Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:113

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Hapne the Legend of the Ba..., xrus (NOT anerus), 26-Nov-11 03:53 PM, #4
Reply Really not sure why this showed as a rage delete...but ..., Bubthegreat, 25-Nov-11 11:07 PM, #2
Reply Sorry to see you go, Sasaek (Anonymous), 26-Nov-11 11:52 AM, #3
Reply Yeah, the problems I ran into..., Bubthegreat, 27-Nov-11 06:39 PM, #9
Reply RE: Really not sure why this showed as a rage delete......, Onewingedangel, 26-Nov-11 05:08 PM, #5
Reply I liked you., Puhguly, 26-Nov-11 09:45 PM, #6
Reply Regarding Maranation, Vallinane (Anonymous), 27-Nov-11 10:55 AM, #7
Reply Wow...never knew it took that long., Bubthegreat, 27-Nov-11 06:32 PM, #8
     Reply RE: Wow...never knew it took that long., Rayihn, 27-Nov-11 06:53 PM, #10
          Reply RE: Wow...never knew it took that long., xrus (NOT anerus), 28-Nov-11 01:55 AM, #11
Reply RE: Really not sure why this showed as a rage delete......, Odrallag, 02-Dec-11 11:36 AM, #12
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Hapne the Legend of the Ba..., Bohvik (Anonymous), 25-Nov-11 03:10 PM, #1

xrus (NOT anerus)Sat 26-Nov-11 03:53 PM
Charter member
#104647, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Hapne the Legend of the Ba..."
In response to Reply #0

I wish Anerus had found you earlier! before you come, there were some tactics in my head, but always failed using them. After a few runs with you, I got other ideas on how to use my polearm! I wish to see you back soon.

BubthegreatFri 25-Nov-11 11:07 PM
Member since 22nd Mar 2007
194 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104641, "Really not sure why this showed as a rage delete...but ..."
In response to Reply #0

Posted a blurb on dio's. I found out this week my grandmother has cancer, likely terminal, and a friend died. Between funeral arrangements, trying to get my mom to stop freaking out, school, and a new girlfriend, it wasn't gonna work.

This was my first real attempt at a fortie. I'm still a bit rough on fortress rollplay, and this is my first attempt at pk with a warrior class. Also my first dwarf ever -- I'm a fan. Went sphere honor because of the role - came down to make sure the weapons he forged didn't get used for evil - but that never really panned out as a good sphere choice. I was ranking at the time and had an oh-####-panic sphere choice when I started getting 0 exp.

Never managed to Maran, so most of the time I was running around with a beefy version of prot vs. evil when I was fighting, and had to prep to the teeth to really be competitive with anyone. I don't think I ever got "deathly" enough to merit Maran, but it woulda been nice to see how pheonix brand and lightforged stuff worked! (Imms, if you have any advice on what to do differently, please chime in, I need all the help I can get!)

I hunted with others when there were groups of enemies, and challenged/fought single people when there weren't. Sometimes I managed to pull off a win, but for the most part it was a learning experience. Everybody I ended up fighting with was pretty classy about it, so it was easy to just pick up and go for it. I lost a (for me) nice set a few times, picked up, and kept truckin'.

Goodbyes - I know I'm forgetting a bunch of people. I can't think of everyone off the top of my head. Post something and I'll reply, there were still a bunch of people I feel like I'm missing, but I don't have time to pore through logs to find everyone's name. and please forgive the spelling

Fortress:
Eachannin: Thanks for letting me in. I feel like it's pretty easy to become a squire, but thanks for some of the advice, etc. Maybe next time I'll impress you guys enough to make maran!

Vallinane: Advice was needed. About 3/4 of the way through I started pulling my hair out wondering what I should do to make Maran, and had seen a couple other people make it waaaaay faster. It was nice to have two active leaders around.

Ckonnar : Thanks for the help and advice. You seemed like a bad-a all the time

Bhovik: Hah! It was always nice to have another dwarf around. You saved my @$$ a ton of times, and it was always fun.

Illanthos: I swear, I had more noob moments when you were around than anyone else. Forget a potion and unghost? Of course Illanthos is on. *sigh* Thanks for putting up with me.

Argivo: It was always depressing to be fighting the vanquisher and then have you walk up and start throwing ***DEVASTATES*** on 4-5 hit drums. That said, you were always awesome. Thanks

Garwern: Holy powerhouse! (pun intended, nyuck nyuck) I swear, every time you got on it was like the tides turned single handedly no matter who we were against. mad props, and thanks for putting up with a squire who didn't know what he was doing. I could tell it was frustrating for you sometimes, but you dealt with me.

Lethmitel: Mah ranga nigga! Didn't get to interact much on a p2p level, but the few times we were out and about it was fun. thx for the snare up on kiadana.

Anerus: Ah, the only other polearm wielding person around! It was always nice to see someone else using polearms. I felt like I wasn't alone! You seemed to always be willing to throw down too, so it was fun when you logged in and it didn't matter the odds, we'd go.

Zimmaru: Fun to fight, both with and against. We never really butted heads but once, but those arena fights were fun.

Puhugully: Damn...made me realize I should have chosen swords! haha

Raegahn: I hated you so much when you killed me with those guards. I kept thinking to myself -retreat, dont flee, or you're going to die, but then I thought, nah, I'll make it this time. *sigh*

Phrazgrah: Fun to fight. I felt like you were someone that I could actually compete with instead of getting steamrolled. Thanks for the fun fights.

Tzarmummy: Never got looted by you during a summon gank, but it was fun running from you and Eleagra.

Eleagra: Good lord, I hated fighting you. It didn't matter how prepped I was, there was no getting the upper hand on you.

Otuerghad: Holy balls that hurt when I walked in on 15-16 traps of yours...brought me from 1300hp to 250ish in a second, plus bleeding, crippling, etc. Yikes.

Gerelexes: It was fun to fight you. You always seemed to be willing to throw down, with or without others. I thought I could get Phraz and then quaff that one time in the orphaage area, but phraz kept healing up. Was sad to see you deleted.

Dvallyg: Classy killer. That about sums you up. I always wanted to fight with you, but always dreaded the zombie rescue that was inevitably coming.

Thror: Thanks for the scepters! I literally woke up from death after fighting Odrallag where a thief was following us and spamming get all. Lost all of my maces to the thief and Akedeh when he killed me, then all the sudden I see the sapper echoes. That's the first time I've ever had immteraction before, and it was a blast. The honey badger comment literally had me laughing out loud in an empty room. I think my sister thought I'd gone nuts finally.

Odrallag: Always a fun fight as well. I liked you and a lot of the villagers who fought alongside you. I tried my best where if it was 1v1 to keep it that way without cry of the pheonix etc. I felt like a lot of the village was willing to fight, but when you get two full maran's crying at the same time...well, that's just not fun for anybody. stay classy boss, and congrats on the immtership!

Tontik: I doubted I'd ever actually be a threat to you, but you were fun to interact with as well. You had a real air of "I'm the boss" with your RP whenever I'd interact with you. Good show.

Ganicus: Balls that was a tough fight with you in front of the Inn. I felt bad for Bohvik when I watched you throw that pain on him.

Arrgakk: Where the hell did you go man? Again, someone I felt like I could almost compete with. I got lucky against you a few times, and the rest of our fights were pretty one sided.

VillageCat: Damnit, I can't remember your name off the top of my head right now. You were fun to fight. I freakin' hate eyejab/strip. bastard.

Anyway,

See you in the fields once things settle back down a bit. Probably wont be for a month or so since finals are coming up.

Sasaek (Anonymous)Sat 26-Nov-11 11:52 AM
Charter member
#104644, "Sorry to see you go"
In response to Reply #2

Fort dwarf warrior is a very easy pk combo. Just find something you feel you can fight with and go with it. Personally I prefer mace specs and flail spec because you can keep others in fights and beat on them. Being a good Maran is just what the Creed says.

Maran isnt always an easy task. I have had characters that have struggled to get squire.

BubthegreatSun 27-Nov-11 06:39 PM
194 posts
#104665, "Yeah, the problems I ran into..."
In response to Reply #3

were that I really had no plan for my legacies, I just picked them without an idea how I was going to use them. They worked great when they worked, but fires didn't do much good against the flurrying fire giants, and gates didn't do much good when I didn't have a good idea about where to get gear or what to use.

We didn't get to interact as much as I'd hoped, but you seemed pretty cool. See you with my next if you're still around then!

OnewingedangelSat 26-Nov-11 05:08 PM
Member since 22nd Jul 2009
447 posts
#104650, "RE: Really not sure why this showed as a rage delete......"
In response to Reply #2

Yeah, we definitely could've done some more things together, but that snare on Kiadanah was just so perfect. One of my great Memories with Lethmitel, that and the time I helped Rohaid snare Tzaritzawah...and his wraith form fell...

Can't wait for you to come back, you were fun.

GLWYN

PuhgulySat 26-Nov-11 09:45 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2011
197 posts
#104653, "I liked you."
In response to Reply #2

As far as dwarf sword goes... Meh, I almost kick myself every single time I log in for the build I picked. In that warrior challenge, you just happened to eat a full flurry from me with an avg 30 and avg 28 sword and an 85 dmg =). It very very rarely does that.

Vallinane (Anonymous)Sun 27-Nov-11 10:55 AM
Charter member
#104654, "Regarding Maranation"
In response to Reply #2

Maranation at 113 hours doesn't happen very often. It can, if you're very PK competent or have standout RP or, best yet, some combination of both.

I got the sense that you wanted maranation, but its not just IRL time that counts. Hapne had very consistent presence, but the people you talked about who hit maran earlier than you? They were also online a lot more, and had more PK wins as well. If you'd like some tips for PKing as a dwarf warrior, I can certainly give you those.

Long story short, I've had a LOT of forties, and some of my more competent, reliable ones never got maranated until 200+ hours in. You'd need something pretty standout if you want 100 hour maranation. Something to differentiate you from all the others, and make the imms realize you're a badass who deserves maran.

That all being said, I did like Hapne. If you had stuck with Hapne a bit more, I'm sure you would have gotten maran eventually. There are indeed people who've put in 300+ hours in their squires without maranation, but I think those cases are very rare and you'd have to be doing something really desperately wrong in order for that to happen.

BubthegreatSun 27-Nov-11 06:32 PM
194 posts
#104664, "Wow...never knew it took that long."
In response to Reply #7

I would have run out of con by about 150 hours anyhow. I'd already put about 5-6 trains into con and was at 20 if I remember right. That's good to know, I just figured I wasn't good enough at the PK side of things to be considered yet.

Thanks again for the help. It made a world of difference.

RayihnSun 27-Nov-11 06:53 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#104666, "RE: Wow...never knew it took that long."
In response to Reply #8

Unless you're a pk or RP powerhouse, the earliest I'm probably going to look at you for Maran is 80-100 hours after induction. There are a lot of factors I look at - do you have a role? Do you make attempts to retrieve your item? Get the items you should get? Do you scout on CB for other Forties? How early did you try and get in the Fort? There's just a lot of things that go into it.

I didn't mind Hapne at all but there also wasn't a lot that stood out to me there. You were on the right path, though, and I hope to see you around the Fort again.

xrus (NOT anerus)Mon 28-Nov-11 01:55 AM
Charter member
#104668, "RE: Wow...never knew it took that long."
In response to Reply #10

Could I ask what Anerus lacked to become a maran? I guess it was PK?

OdrallagFri 02-Dec-11 11:36 AM
Member since 18th Nov 2011
46 posts
#104747, "RE: Really not sure why this showed as a rage delete......"
In response to Reply #2

Hapne was great! We were pretty friendly between the Iunna quest, and the times we actually had to fight eachother. Odrallag has a soft spot for dwarves too, so that helps. I definitely wish we would have had a few more fights with eachother, I seem to remember us trying to get into the arena three or four times and it never panned out. GLWYN and see you in the fields!

Bohvik (Anonymous)Fri 25-Nov-11 03:10 PM
Charter member
#104640, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Hapne the Legend of the Ba..."
In response to Reply #0

Classy in-game note about this. Now write up something thoughtful about how you grew as a person with this character.

No good-byes, no replies. |:<

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #104584 Previous topic | Next topic