Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Findecano the Student of the Mac..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #104041
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 03-Nov-11 05:00 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17196 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104041, "(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Findecano the Student of the Macalla"

Thu Nov 3 16:57:46 2011

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Findecano perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:warrior
Level:48
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:77

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Not a lot of goodies in battle :(, Gaspar, 05-Nov-11 12:37 AM, #12
Reply So ends another return to CF., Nourn, 04-Nov-11 02:47 PM, #4
Reply Let me just say..., Twist, 04-Nov-11 04:06 PM, #5
Reply RE: Let me just say..., Nourn, 04-Nov-11 07:08 PM, #10
     Reply RE: Let me just say..., HammerSong, 04-Nov-11 07:17 PM, #11
Reply Hopefully was all character., Mahkreen (Anonymous), 04-Nov-11 04:15 PM, #6
Reply RE: Hopefully was all character., Nourn, 04-Nov-11 06:22 PM, #8
Reply Really, Explosion (NOT Tzar), 04-Nov-11 04:41 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Really, Nourn, 04-Nov-11 06:53 PM, #9
Reply Sorry to see this, Argivo (Anonymous), 04-Nov-11 12:46 AM, #3
Reply This makes me sad, Sugabear (NOT Puhguly), 03-Nov-11 07:13 PM, #2
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Findecano the Student of the..., Maligannt (Anonymous), 03-Nov-11 06:50 PM, #1

GasparSat 05-Nov-11 12:37 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2007
367 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104076, "Not a lot of goodies in battle :("
In response to Reply #0

I wanted to get you to level 48 and your second legacy, but after pushing super fast to 51 I had to give myself a break before I flew off the rails. It's a crazy train.

Did the legacies end up working for you? Elf Scout STSF/Flow? You are a great player and very respectful of others, I'll miss having you in the village.

NournFri 04-Nov-11 02:47 PM
Member since 06th Dec 2010
17 posts
#104065, "So ends another return to CF."
In response to Reply #0

I had a lot of fun coming back to Cf after spending 5 plus years away. I feel unfortunately that the game has passed me by. I'm typing this on a cell phone so forgive any typos.

I enjoyed Findecano. He was the first good aligned character I've ever played. It was really tough for me because I had no clue where to level him and could not find any really good eq. I was shocked how much gear in the game I know about is anti-good.

I, like always really enjoyed the battle cabal. I had envisioned being a real do gooder type that would take all the evil racers to the circle often, but it didn't pan out.

Some brief goodbyes.

Akedeh: You helped me a ton with this character and I thank you for that. Players like you are in short supply on this game. I truly hope you get the next Commander spot. Battle needs a stronger leader presence right now.

Arrgak: Can't recall if I am spelling it right, but thanks for the kind words and hopefully you keep on trucking. I think I may know who you are, and this wouldn't be the first time you've helped me out with some pk mechanics. If its not you, well thanks anyways.

Ghrondel: Thanks for helping me level in the lower ranks. It would have been a long road without your assistance. Your pretty fearless in this game and its inspiring to those around ya.

Tontik: I played pretty often due to a small break I got at work. I didn't see you often, but reading your logs you know how to throw down. Good luck.

Maligant: We came up together. Keep up the good fight. It was nice having a good friend around I knew I could count on.

Most of my enemies were pretty classy and I tried to return the favor. Had a blast fighting all of the recent Nexun's. A real solid group.

To that mummy, everyone plays this game for fun. It seems like you were trying to get under peoples skin and with me it worked. Hopefully the imms will see this type of behavior and remove players like you from the game. People like you do more harm than good for cf. You are not the only player like this, but it makes so much more of a chore to want to login and play.

To the imm that spoke with me, I apologize for wasting the immortals time, and I told you this, but that guy had it coming and truly behaves like a douche.

I doubt I'll return to cf, my last break lasted I think almost 8 years. The game has passed me by and my limited time is only a hindrance. The smaller playerbase from when I played before is a blessing and a curse. There are a lot of really cool people playing, but also a lot of jerks. I suppose they stand out more now due to the smaller numbers. Either way, this game is what you make of it. I've had fun and I hope everyone else continues to do the same.

Thrawk, Syther, Findecano were the characters of note I played during my brief return to cf. To anyone who interacted with them, thanks for the fun times.

TwistFri 04-Nov-11 04:06 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#104069, "Let me just say..."
In response to Reply #4

...that giving up on a return to CF after playing those three characters probably isn't giving neo-CF a fair shot.

Specifically:
Thrawk was pretty badass, and was the first char you came back with.

Syther was one of the few to kill Tavlin solo when Tavlin was rocking full zombie army *purely out of great tactics*. Many times I could attribute a solo PKloss to my own stupidity at going back for zombies or not getting out when I should have. You simply played Battle Scout with hide exactly as it should be played. And getting Commander when you did probably hurt the char more than helped.

Findecano was a build that I think most anyone but Marcus would have some serious trouble with. Elf Rager is tough enough that each time I think about trying it I think "Nah."

Best of luck, whatever you decide!

NournFri 04-Nov-11 07:08 PM
17 posts
#104074, "RE: Let me just say..."
In response to Reply #5

Thanks Twist. You are truly talented at this game and I have to say I am envious. You are a great Imm and I always knew you were a good guy from back in the day when I first started this game, like 96 or 97. I asked you when you were visible why warriors were titled master of copper, steel, etc. and asked why there was no master of soft leather. Out of no where you titled my first character, who was like level 21 at the time, The Master of Soft Leather. I got a hundred tells about my title for days. Hehe.

Thank you and all the other Imms for a unique, challenging, and rewarding game.

By the way, everytime I remember killing the mighty Tavlin, I fist pump at least three times.

HammerSongFri 04-Nov-11 07:17 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
679 posts
#104075, "RE: Let me just say..."
In response to Reply #10

lol. That got a nice laugh out of me. I have to agree with Twist. I've been back a couple of years now. Four morts into it and I Stella still don't got her groove back.

It takes time.

Good luck with the next one.

Mahkreen (Anonymous)Fri 04-Nov-11 04:15 PM
Charter member
#104070, "Hopefully was all character."
In response to Reply #4

Definately DIDN'T like Findecano, but given our character's ideas and role, our characters would never have liked each other. That said, I hope you come back when you have time. I've always liked having Nourn around!

NournFri 04-Nov-11 06:22 PM
17 posts
#104072, "RE: Hopefully was all character."
In response to Reply #6

All in character. You rock man, and play a cool mysterious assassin. Way better than I ever did. I figured if I was an elf why be nice to the evil creepy assassin. I liked our conflict, made the village more interesting.

Explosion (NOT Tzar)Fri 04-Nov-11 04:30 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #4
Edited on Fri 04-Nov-11 04:41 PM

We were returning from the fortress after the raid with the orb. You went on the way and died. None of your things were taken by us. We expected a quick retaliation, so we had no time sitting and guarding your corpse.

There you go:

<51 Fire War> (PK) Eleagra Gurkral the Legend of the Battlefield, Imperial War Master
<51 Elf Shf> (PK) Lorathennil the Grand Master of Changelings
<51 H-Drw Inv> (PK) Jolka Biruti the Weaver of the Elements
<51 Gnome Shf> (PK) Callad the Grand Master of Changelings
<51 Mummy Nec> (PK) Dvalygg Veidt the Mummy Lord, Initiate of the Beast
<51 W-Elf Bar> (PK) Zuseris Al'Snahad the Grand Master of Artistry, Seeker of the Seventh
<51 Gnome Shf> (PK) Jitleph the Grand Master of Changelings, Magistrate of Galadon
<51 Dwarf War> (PK) Puhguly Forgestoke the Legend of the Battlefield, Rhyme of Resistance
<51 Storm War> (PK) (WANTED) Ckonnar the Legend of the Battlefield
<51 Human Con> (PK) Naija the Planewalker
*51 Mummy Nec* (PK) Tzaritzawah Tenebraus the Picker of Pocket Lint, Imperial Dread Lord
<47 Elf Shf> (PK) Annarika the Mistress of Changelings
<51 Dwarf Pal> (PK) Garwern Warpoldson the Unrelenting Flame of Iunna, Sapper-Trained Priest of War
<51 D-Elf Hea> (PK) Raegahn Veluje the Seeker of Pointy Boots and Glory, Imperial High Priestess
<44 Elf War> (PK) Findecano the Initiate of the Macalla
<46 Human Pal> (PK) Maligannt Mith'tinechor the Preceptor of Temperance
<51 D-Elf Thi> (PK) Otuerghad Delantr'yl the Hand of the Unseen, Imperial Shadow Lord
<51 H-Elf Shf> (PK) Lastril the Grand Mistress of Changelings

Players found: 18

** Snip non-planned killing you and Maligant on the way from crossroads to Hamsah. Nothing were taken by any of us, except for the coins. **

Findecano tells you 'And you leave my corpse. Truly noble gesture. I hope you took pride in that kill.'

You tell Findecano 'We hd an orb.'

Findecano tells you 'Still found the time to summon me three times, but leaving more corpse...no time for that.

You tell Findecano 'I am not your babysitter.'

Findecano tells you 'I hope you get rectum cancer, ass hat. People like you...gah...'

Half of the tick later:

Eleagra grunts something incomprehensible, not amused by her circumstances.
an Imperial Centurion: Help! Garwern is attacking me at Entrance to the Village of Balator!

---
All this happened within about 5 minutes. Fort attacked while you have been trashtalking.

Sorry that I do not play a babysitting mummy. Sorry that I care very little for elves, even less for villagers and even less for elven villagers. And I completely do not care for people sending such tells.

EDIT: removed offensive comment and added more from the log.

NournFri 04-Nov-11 06:53 PM
17 posts
#104073, "RE: Really"
In response to Reply #7

I felt like the babysitting comment was extremely ooc. So yes I bit back. Unfortunately logs do not show time. You and those others walked around eastern "with the orb" by your own omission for quite sometime. Summoning me over and over again long enough for me to think...what are these guys doing, land the kill already. I'll not argue with you about it, I'm a priority to hunt and kill for 5 min, but not a priority to stand by a corpse for 10 seconds running from galadon. Its common player courtesy. Rp and player courtesy are two different. I did not get a long with evil ragers, but I didn't hamstring them during a raid, why because while its viable roleplay its poor player form.

My only advice to you, which I'm sure you will not follow is simple. Grow up and treat others with a tad bit of respect. Posting that full loot bit on the other board screams you're in your twenties most likely and need to realize a lot more about being an adult. Dont be a pushover, by no means. Though you were acting in poor taste from the moment I met you in that encounter and I do not know why. I've never interacted with you and I do not have a big forum persona, I merely enjoy the game and play for a fun experience.

You are not the reason I'm bowing out, but people like you are a reason on a small list. The imms are working hard and are good people for investing time like they do, but they are the glue holding this rickety playerbase together.

I'm seeing less and less people like Akedeh, Allysia, Puhguly and more individuals like yourself, which is a shame.

I am man enough to admit my comment was in poor taste and I do apologize. You seem talented enough at cf, just use that in a positive way for newer players.

Again, I type this from a phone. Sorry for typos.

Argivo (Anonymous)Fri 04-Nov-11 12:46 AM
Charter member
#104050, "Sorry to see this"
In response to Reply #0

You were a good friend to me (although I give you two big brass balls for mage hating 100% as a good aligned elf), and I wasn't trying to blow off our last interaction. In fact, I took it quite seriously, talked to Baerinka about it, and was looking forward to trying to working to gain more of your trust and respect and share Argivo's views of life/good/religon with you.

What pushed it over the edge?

Sugabear (NOT Puhguly)Thu 03-Nov-11 07:13 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #0

You were def one of my favorite of the current Villagers. Much respect for rocking out a non power combo and doing pretty well with it, in my opinion at least. GLWYN

Maligannt (Anonymous)Thu 03-Nov-11 06:50 PM
Charter member
#104045, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Findecano the Student of the..."
In response to Reply #0

Damn, sorry to see this, enjoyed our time together. I've been taking a break for a few days to rest the carpal tunnel and avoid deleting myself out of frustration.

GLWYN

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #104041 Previous topic | Next topic