Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [NEXUS] Allysia Shadowsong the Nullifying R..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #103876
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 30-Oct-11 06:49 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103876, "(AGE DEATH) [NEXUS] Allysia Shadowsong the Nullifying Requiem of Fates, Dragonslayer"

Sun Oct 30 15:03:14 2011

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 4th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Allysia perished, never to return.

Race:wood-elf
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:945

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I missed it!, Skeeta Twitterlark (Anonymous), 02-Nov-11 10:36 AM, #57
Reply Interview would have been fun, lasentia, 02-Nov-11 10:52 AM, #58
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [NEXUS] Allysia Shadowsong the Nullifyi..., The-me, 01-Nov-11 06:06 PM, #56
Reply Loved this char, Rayihn, 31-Oct-11 11:30 AM, #50
Reply Thanks Zulgh!, lasentia, 31-Oct-11 11:53 AM, #52
Reply Does this mean chars in general live longer now? nt, Artificial, 31-Oct-11 12:08 PM, #54
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [NEXUS] Allysia Shadowsong the Nullifyi..., Caerdryn (Anonymous), 31-Oct-11 08:55 AM, #45
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [NEXUS] Allysia Shadowsong the Nullifyi..., Daevryn, 30-Oct-11 11:45 PM, #38
Reply Thanks Daev, lasentia, 31-Oct-11 06:57 AM, #41
Reply Granny...Noooo......, Wouso (Anonymous), 30-Oct-11 09:19 PM, #31
Reply RE: Granny...Noooo......, lasentia, 30-Oct-11 09:41 PM, #34
Reply And quite a few goodbyes., lasentia, 30-Oct-11 06:52 PM, #11
Reply Knew it was you halfway through Ghrim's life., TMNS, 30-Oct-11 07:08 PM, #13
Reply Thanks for saying that., lasentia, 30-Oct-11 08:10 PM, #22
Reply RE: And quite a few goodbyes., Tontik, 30-Oct-11 07:46 PM, #15
Reply My favorite of the current villagers., lasentia, 30-Oct-11 08:21 PM, #23
Reply A true inspiration in every aspect of the word., Sugabear (NOT Puhguly), 30-Oct-11 07:50 PM, #16
Reply You're doing a great job., lasentia, 30-Oct-11 09:04 PM, #30
Reply Spectacular, Akedeh (Anonymous), 30-Oct-11 07:54 PM, #17
Reply RE: Spectacular, lasentia, 30-Oct-11 08:41 PM, #27
Reply Absolutely top tier in every category., Eck (Anonymous), 30-Oct-11 07:56 PM, #18
Reply You always were soft on me., lasentia, 30-Oct-11 08:24 PM, #24
Reply Thank god., Ilianthia (Anonymous), 30-Oct-11 08:38 PM, #26
Reply Completely fair to say., lasentia, 30-Oct-11 09:30 PM, #32
Reply Allysia was awesome., Tesline, 30-Oct-11 08:55 PM, #29
Reply Thanks, lasentia, 30-Oct-11 09:33 PM, #33
Reply RE: And quite a few goodbyes., GoTeamUnderdog (NOT garwern), 30-Oct-11 10:29 PM, #35
Reply Oh it was all in good fun, lasentia, 31-Oct-11 06:59 AM, #42
Reply Aww no Mubs love?, Torak, 30-Oct-11 11:11 PM, #37
Reply Nothing but respect for Mubs., lasentia, 31-Oct-11 07:13 AM, #43
Reply And I don't get a mention? Weldone, Masardu (Anonymous), 31-Oct-11 10:08 AM, #47
Reply Were nice chats, lasentia, 31-Oct-11 11:17 AM, #49
Reply Ya gresy git!, Ganicus (Anonymous), 31-Oct-11 11:04 AM, #48
Reply Lol, lasentia, 31-Oct-11 11:33 AM, #51
     Reply Fort now, please. Pleasepleaseplease? n/t, Vallinane (Anonymous), 31-Oct-11 12:06 PM, #53
Reply RE: And quite a few goodbyes., Onya (Anonymous), 31-Oct-11 08:57 PM, #55
Reply Another bard again? , Zephon, 05-Nov-11 12:42 AM, #59
Reply Some general thoughts, Allysia (Anonymous), 30-Oct-11 04:25 PM, #9
Reply Illanthos never did get a chance to find you that tent., Illanthos, 30-Oct-11 04:40 PM, #3
Reply I would have enjoyed that, lasentia, 30-Oct-11 07:57 PM, #19
Reply Powerful char, Bolzhor (Anonymous), 30-Oct-11 05:02 PM, #5
Reply Always ways to win., lasentia, 30-Oct-11 08:01 PM, #20
Reply RE: Some general thoughts, Hralpelk/Gurzgred (Anonymous), 30-Oct-11 05:27 PM, #6
Reply Both of those guys were awesome, lasentia, 30-Oct-11 08:07 PM, #21
Reply RE: Both of those guys were awesome, H/G (Anonymous), 30-Oct-11 10:33 PM, #36
Reply RE: Some general thoughts, Rhone (Anonymous), 31-Oct-11 02:11 AM, #40
Reply Flaaayin owned you - question, Explosion, 30-Oct-11 05:40 PM, #7
Reply No other thief = Flaaayin, lasentia, 30-Oct-11 06:59 PM, #12
     Reply Yeah, Flaaayin was well above any other competition, MoetEtChandon, 30-Oct-11 07:17 PM, #14
Reply Excelente., Dallevian, 30-Oct-11 06:51 PM, #10
Reply I really enjoyed this character. Post some goodbyes! n..., Vallinane (Anonymous), 30-Oct-11 06:43 PM, #8
Reply That's not nice., lasentia, 30-Oct-11 08:30 PM, #25
     Reply You're welcome! I really liked Allysia., Vallinane (Anonymous), 31-Oct-11 01:52 AM, #39
          Reply RE: You're welcome! I really liked Allysia., lasentia, 31-Oct-11 07:57 AM, #44
          Reply Oh, one little tip., lasentia, 31-Oct-11 09:15 AM, #46
Reply Absolutely awesome. ~, Batman (Anonymous), 30-Oct-11 04:16 PM, #2
Reply Scary?, lasentia, 30-Oct-11 08:50 PM, #28
Reply I will send you out with a proper bard farewell. , Quezzumpliet, 30-Oct-11 04:07 PM, #1
     Reply Thanks, Allysia (Anonymous), 30-Oct-11 04:47 PM, #4

Skeeta Twitterlark (Anonymous)Wed 02-Nov-11 10:36 AM
Charter member
#103980, "I missed it!"
In response to Reply #0

So sad that I missed your death, AND that final interview I wanted to have with you! *sigh* And now I've been gone a few days, too. Drat, drat, DRAT! Thanks for the compliment, but very sad I've dropped the ball on this one.

I think everyone has already said it. You were awesome, fun, and an icon to this generation of CF. Killing ragers, slaying dragons, and roleplaying the whole time! Well done. I definitely hope we will see you in another incarnation in the future.

lasentiaWed 02-Nov-11 10:52 AM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103983, "Interview would have been fun"
In response to Reply #57

Always liked all the times we did get to talk, though the ban did keep me from coming in. At one point I was pretty regular there, since I enjoy heraldy goodness and I know visitors make playing a herald fun.

Just keep doing what you're doing. The post is one of the best herald things I've seen. Maybe one day I'll have another character that gets mentioned in the post

The-meTue 01-Nov-11 06:06 PM
Member since 14th Jun 2011
333 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103970, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [NEXUS] Allysia Shadowsong the Nullifyi..."
In response to Reply #0

Really great char, interacted with you across 4-5 chars now I think, which is crazy given they have all been over 100 hours at least, good times through out, only ever dueled you, and you spanked me stupid twice >< Unpossible! Dont care what you play next, I'm sure it will be magic

RayihnMon 31-Oct-11 11:30 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#103944, "Loved this char"
In response to Reply #0

Well done, girl! I could tell you were going to age die this char come hell or high water and when you asked for back in the Island I thought...eh, she only has like 50 hours left, why not let her live it out in glory? And then Zulg retouched aging and you ended up with like 250 hours left and I got a good laugh out of that.

Good luck on your next - you made Nexus bard look so amazingly bad ass. Can't wait to see you play Nexus again.

lasentiaMon 31-Oct-11 11:45 AM
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103946, "Thanks Zulgh!"
In response to Reply #50
Edited on Mon 31-Oct-11 11:53 AM

Was certainly a point of mine to age die. Flaaayin age died, I had to as well, I told him the only thing that could ever kill either of us was time. (Well, except he could kill me at will too) I had 621 hours when Flaayin age died at 620 (and I had just been exiled). Though thanks to Zulgh I ended up outliving Tjok hours wise and being one of the oldest age wise ever I imagine. Felt like a damn lich!

I was around 1100 years old when I came back in. I check my age one day and it was around 900. I was like oh well, it doesn't mean I got more hours actually, but I'll pray to check and get told I just gained a few hours. 200 hours later, I finally died

Nexus bard is amazingly bad ass once you figure things out, that's why it looked that way. But I can't do another nexus bard to the village, that just would not be fair to them, they need a break from me.

I'll be back someday, but given my characters tend to live long lives, might be a while.

ArtificialMon 31-Oct-11 12:08 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
#103950, "Does this mean chars in general live longer now? nt"
In response to Reply #50

nt

Caerdryn (Anonymous)Mon 31-Oct-11 08:55 AM
Charter member
#103930, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [NEXUS] Allysia Shadowsong the Nullifyi..."
In response to Reply #0

I had a great time interacting with Allysia each time we did, and I wish our roles had synched to cause us to interact more, because, like Daev said... you were pretty damn fun.

See you on the Road.

DaevrynSun 30-Oct-11 11:45 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#103922, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [NEXUS] Allysia Shadowsong the Nullifyi..."
In response to Reply #0

The other day I made a comment about Allysia to Raybaer, which I'll share here because it's probably the best compliment I can pay you:

"I've seen people make Nexus bard look reasonably tough before, but I think Allysia is the first character to make it look fun at the same time."

GLWYN and all that!

lasentiaMon 31-Oct-11 06:57 AM
987 posts
#103925, "Thanks Daev"
In response to Reply #38

I have never had as much fun in CF as I did with Allysia just cause I got to do pretty much everything a char could hope to do. Explore everything, RP all the time, and PK pretty much all the time. Had my doubts about Nexus at first, but it was just great it turned out. If I didn't live so long, I'd probably play another.

And I always wondered if you were any of the nexuns I ever saw. I know there were a few mid range ones that were terrors for people but were just generally quiet. Guess I'll never know now!

Wouso (Anonymous)Sun 30-Oct-11 09:19 PM
Charter member
#103913, "Granny...Noooo......"
In response to Reply #0

Ah I just heard the news! Man you lived a long time. 945 hours. WOW.

Glad I had a chance to be on Team Nexus with you. This is my first time as a nexun and being able to do so while you were still around has been a blast. Going to be rough without you out there scaring all the villagers!

I really dug having you as my grandma, Wouso takes the whole 'family' thing seriously being an orphan and all and you were perfect as the cranky old lady who could back it up. Wish you had another 100 hours in you. So did you take off that circlet or what? You seemed like you were getting bored with it there at the end.

Anyways....

Nexus is a powerhouse right now...lets see how it goes.

lasentiaSun 30-Oct-11 09:41 PM
987 posts
#103917, "RE: Granny...Noooo......"
In response to Reply #31

I liked the little upstart kid that came with a note on his chest. It was her time to go though, as I said to Onya when I got to talk with her, I felt my time had passed. Newer generations all around, and we were relics and legends of a forgotten age.

I think I rolled her last December, maybe late november, if that is any indication.

And yes, I did take it off to die. But nine years to an elf is about 3 to 4 hours, so not really much of a difference as far as my lifespan. Stoneshatter would have killed me

I was not bored at all, was having fun right up til the end. Problem was, I knew I could go any moment, so I tried to be a little more distant as I got really up in years. Some log ins were dull, but hey, can't always have non stop PK or RP action.

lasentiaSun 30-Oct-11 06:52 PM
987 posts
#103892, "And quite a few goodbyes."
In response to Reply #0

Sorry, no need to post anonymously anymore, force of habit when doing things on this forum. Though by my posting it's probably pretty obvious I played her anyway. I just enjoy the bard class so much I can't stop playing them. Allysia was my attempt at a PK version of my herald and I think she did alright PK wise. Never really been a PK oriented player though, as was evidenced by the fact that easily 50% of my PK deaths were due to my own complete stupidity. (like holding my potion of return to brandish, not using orbs of travel, walking into three villagers at once) I got so used to fighting villagers, when I fought other people, I tended to go full retard so often it was embarassing.

Allysia was supposed to be generally two sided, one dark and one light. I didn't really flush out the role as well though since I didn't have a great grasp of where it was supposed to go at the beginning, but it sort of ended up working. Oddly, my build could have went outlander, village or nexus when I went back and read it, but it was Nexus in the end. Was so much fun making friends and enemies.

IMMs
Twist: I wish I got to see more of you, and I am sure I generally came across as having no clue what being in nexus was about for a lot of my early times. I didn't mind being booted, but I just have to say I really did it trying to serve the balance. Had nothing to do wth wanting to kill Tiamat. Glad you didn't exile me again later

Rayihn: You gave me my second chance, I had to run out to dinner during that chat, so it got cut short (think you had things to do too) I felt sort of bad asking you to help out with me going back in, but I didn't have it in me to ask Twist. Wold have asked Daev, but never saw him. Glad you never did slay me afterwards, I did try to do a better job the second go round.

Thror: You coming to the Island to compliment me that day, that just blew me away. Completely unexpected. I was just doing my job an then the lord of the village comes and tells me well done, I was stunned. I was a little jealous of villagers because they get to have such a great Imm looking over them and interacting with them on those kinds of levels. Keep it up, and I hope the villagers really appreciate having you there for them.

Random Imm: Whoever brought me to ROTD and I spoke with during the whole Karkarrak OOC tirade thing, thanks for being classy about it and hearing me out on what I had to say- that was my only time ever being brought there and I tried my best to do as you said and forget about the whole thing. And thanks for letting me defend the Island in the middle of it.

Neltouda: Thanks for the drink contest, and for threatening me last night. I like the Captain a lot. I did get a little out of line, inadvertently. Allysia saw all Nexus people as her family so she looked out for them in odd ways. But yeah, shouldn't be suggesting what you should be doing to an imm with a seal!

NEXUS (Trying to limit this to actives)
Puhguly: I had some doubts when you were named rhyme so early. At first. By the time I died, I had none. The most important aspect of being the Rhyme that I learned was acting as if I knew what I was doing, even if I did not. It turns out, if you actally lead people, people follow and respond. You're doing a great job of that. Keep it up and I'm sure the Island will continue to flourish.

Wouso: I think you are doing a first rate job all around. Wish we had you around sooner, was a time we fought lots of shadows and had nobody that could see them. I tried to act annoyed by being called Granny, but yeah, I was old. And your RP is great.

Gdot: Can be tough to be the mage leader of the Island, villagers I think want to make a point of going after you. You have a great attitude though, and nothing seems to get you down. Good luck with the future of the Island.

Zorg: I can't believe you came back. Just cause you were gone so long. But you seem to be doing well now, so keep serving that Island and the goddess.

All the rest: I tried my best to be helpful while at the same time encouraged you to take care of things for yourself. I think I was lucky in that I always had so many great allies around and it was all of you that made my char so much fun and kept me logging in.

BATTLE
Tontik: You went from sort of tough to true threat and a completely stand out villager. You just always kept on trucking no matter what, and I respected you a lot for that. Win or lose, you always brought it and the village is doing pretty well right now under you.

Akedeh: You're about the toughest one of them out there right now, at least in my eyes. Not sure if that is cause you used iron to fight me or not, but you gave me lots of trouble. I certainly respected you, but at the same time, you can't expect everyone to fight on terms you like. Four on two at the destructor, in my eyes, is an even fight.

Ganicus: I always laughed at your talking and ol red. I never really thought you wee as tough as some of the others, based on your legacy choices, but man, sometimes you were just a truck when we fought and you made me nervous. Sorry about the axes, but you weapon break me, I destroy the axes. Seemed fair

Taerg: I have seen the build, and it works well in cursed areas, but outside the village I didn't worry about you. Sorry about taunts and such, was actually trying to get you to consider your tactics to be a little more effective when you fought me. But there are no bards in the Isle now, so you don't need to worry about that. Keep on being a truck, cause man can you dish out some pain!

Argakk: I had a bunch to say, but I deleted it. Instead, just grow up. Stop going OOC. Stop making it blatantly obvious who you are for everyone. And stop whining about everything. And I mean everything. Don't make excuses, and just learn to actually play CF as a whole.

Ghrim: Of all the commanders, you were my favorite by far. You had a damn tough job, but you did it well. And how I escaped you flaayin and one other while convulsing and knocked out at the Isle I still don't know.

Eck: Ah how I missed having an arial admirer stalking me. You got me twice. Can't believe you got me twice with assassinates. But you were fun, and helped calm Allysia's distaste for villagers a bit. Sivyh was the only other one who got me I think.

Empire:
I honestly don't know any of you anymore, but there seems to be a few of you around now and that is good to see after things so often being all fort.

Sivyh: You went for assassinations on me for some reason, when really you probably should have just come out swining, cause you were by far one of the hardest people for me to fight. Fully prepped, you just whipped me, every time. You were great though. The one time it landed, I just had to let you take a swing

Wiril: My favorite imperial by far, missed our talks when you went away. Thanks for getting me humansunder, even though I gave him Bal Talon to replace it with since I had it on me at the time.

Scion:
Obregon: You're one of my favorite kinds of evil. The kind that is not blatantly so, but that I always sensed had something going on in the background. I thoroughly enjoyed all the times we got to travel, especially going to that place and calming nightwalkers. Maybe the chancellor should be able to calm them too or maybe take one as a summon

FORT
Vallinane: Loved talking with you a lot. Discussing things was fun, and I know fort has problems with nexus. But hey, that's sort of what keeps it interesting. Nice to have friends who you can PK to when things are dull First rate job you're doing from what I saw.

Garwern: Hate us all you want, I tried to just nudge you on a little. I hope you know it was all IC, I really did like the char. I would have liked to kill you once, but you are a pretty damned tough foe. But outmatched, no. Just don't expect me to stand and go toe to toe with you. I'm not suicidal and that's not how a bard fights. Dwarf paladins though, I do love those and yours is a great one from what I see.

Illanthos:
Sorry if I get the name wrong, but I liked the talks. I thought it would be fun to live out my days with Tiamat, but oh well. Was not meant to be. Hope you stick around, good RP and good talks are great for CF.

OUTLANDER
Onya: You're the oldest alone now, keep representing the old women and showing these young people what the elderly can do

Sunwardern: Actually fought you more at the fort than at the tree, but I like what I see.

Balta: Yu were awesome, and you messed with us quite a bit. But clouds don't do well against fiends And yeah, lots of the outlanders never got along with us, can't tell how many times I got death marked. Wonder if any outlander ever got me, I lost track of all my deaths.

Zosi: Nice work as the harbinger, know you've been away but hope to see you back out there mixing things up again.

HERALD
Skeeta: You are simply amazing at what you do.
If you could have known the back story of my last character, you would have laughed when you tried to get me to join herald. It was nearly identical to what happened. I was not going to join though, just sucked I got banned and stoppd being able to come in for chats.

There were just so many others I can't possibly name them all.
But thanks to all of you for making Thera such a great place, players and Imms both. And I tried my best to respond to anyone who asked me things IC, and hopefully I was helpful to those who did speak with me. I so often had three conversations at once I would get jumbled up a lot, and if there were fights I tended to lose track, so sorry if I came off as rude to anyone. Hard to speak when a villager is beating me up sometimes

TMNSSun 30-Oct-11 07:08 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#103895, "Knew it was you halfway through Ghrim's life."
In response to Reply #11

Just fantastic job all the way around on this one.

Perma?

lasentiaSun 30-Oct-11 08:10 PM
987 posts
#103904, "Thanks for saying that."
In response to Reply #13

Would enjoy being on your side for once.
Maybe with my next bard.

Hope you're still in the fields somewhere mixing it up.

TontikSun 30-Oct-11 07:46 PM
Member since 27th Aug 2011
104 posts
#103897, "RE: And quite a few goodbyes."
In response to Reply #11

wow you were just freaking scary, i saw you tank vs 4 thirsting villagers for 8 rounds and get hit twice..and I was like crap this is not going to end well. You where a game changer when you were on, i try not to let who is on make my decisions for me when raiding or defending, but if it was you and about anyone else i was always trying to make a plan to retreat if I had to (dang quicksand). Seriously though i know i got you close a few times but could never seal the kill (stupid echos and disembowl) but you always mixed it up and made it a good fight. And I am resonably sure (will have to check the pbf when i go ) but you killed me more than anyone else, and i am sure i lost atleast 3 con to you probably more.

tontik

p.s. good luck with the next and sorry about the capitalization i sent this from my phone.

p.s.s. And i know we are not supposed to be buddy buddy and all but it was nice to atleast talk and try and rp with an islander.

lasentiaSun 30-Oct-11 08:21 PM
987 posts
#103905, "My favorite of the current villagers."
In response to Reply #15

Hands down. You've done amazingly well as a village leader, and I've seen a lot of them. You were easily one of the best, and well deserving of Thror's mark. I'm glad you're still alive and kicking, and seem to have really gotten the strengths of your build down.

I had insanely good luck in lots of fights. I think it made up for my utter stupidity in so many of the ones I died in. And trust me, early Tontik to tontik now is a huge difference. I was certainly wary of you by the end, even if I wouldn't admit it at the time.

There is nothing wrong with Rp'ing with an islander. And not all RP has to be hatred, especially when I am not a mage. I wouldn't say sit and have tea with me and never fight me and rai empire with me, but talking, I think that's fine. It's a general respect thing and I try to gain an insight into characters that I see so much of. And Tontik certainly had my respect, so it would be rude of me if all we ever did was kill one another I thought.

Sugabear (NOT Puhguly)Sun 30-Oct-11 07:50 PM
Charter member
#103898, "A true inspiration in every aspect of the word."
In response to Reply #11

You were HUGE in the shaping of the way I carry on the character and his interactions with the rest of the cabals and even the Isle. I know at times I seem like I have no clue how to approach things, and generally that is because I don't. I appreciate the vote of confidence from you. Helps me feel like I am not just royal screwing people with some decisions I have made.

But all in all, an absolute classy character who made my life much easier in the rebuilding days of the Isle. Now, its gonna be a much harder road with the Village thriving and a few of the Pillars from the Isle crumbling.

Come back to the Isle again, I would hate to have to fight your crazy bard killing machine. =)

lasentiaSun 30-Oct-11 09:04 PM
987 posts
#103912, "You're doing a great job."
In response to Reply #16

Trust me on that, a much better Rhyme then I ever was. This was my first Nexan. And I got named Rhyme very young for some reason, same as you. And like you, I thought I was stumbling for the first term or so. Thankfully, it didn't take you long to realize how to lead is by doing and being confident in yourself, it took me a long time. (Especially since Flaaayin made literally every Nexan hate their life and I had no way to deal with him.) You've been doing great ever since. You don't stay Rhyme unless you do well you know.

When I came back after the outcasting, I tried my best to not be a leader anymore and to let you guys run the show. I was happy to make suggestions, but it wasn't my cabal to lead. I was, as Wouso called me, just granny Allysia there to watch over you all and make your lives a little easier.

I enjoyed the Island, but 945 hours is about three to five normal char life spans. So I think I've had my fill of Nexus for now. I'll be back in some form though. Maybe we'll bump into other.

Til then, keep going strong Rhyme.
Hoy!

Akedeh (Anonymous)Sun 30-Oct-11 07:54 PM
Charter member
#103899, "Spectacular"
In response to Reply #11

You had great roleplay, you were tough as nails alone or with others, you were always doing your nexun thing to the fullest, and even with all those awesome traits you also had a very sporting attitude about you. I really liked fighting this character whether alone or in a raid situation, and which ever situation it was that we ran across each other it seemed that you wouldn't back down either way. For that I couldn't stop complimenting you, and that is the point I was trying to get across. It wasn't that people would always come in groups to fight one or two villagers at the destructor, it is that certain people would only fight in that situation. You were specifically feared by most of the villagers because you could and would fight in almost any situation with or without others. And you would put up a good fight till things turned against you, then you would escape. That is what I liked most about this character, the willingness to pk in a pk heavy game and have crystal clear rp the entire time. Very well done all around, I feel sorry for the other Nexuns now, but at the same time lament the loss of such a great enemy.

lasentiaSun 30-Oct-11 08:41 PM
987 posts
#103909, "RE: Spectacular"
In response to Reply #17

You're doing a fabulous job, and you have the attitude a villager should. You fight, you win quite a bit, you escape some, you die some, but when you did actually go down you generally accepted it and just kept right on trucking along. A perfect mentality for a villager.

You and that damned iron spear! Man did that thing hurt me.

I would give you a go anytime, but man did you have my number solo at the end. And you and Azalix I believe were my last PK death for what it's worth

Very kind words, I do appreciate it. Biggest problem with you was after a fight I was out of commission for like twelve hours from the impales and boneshatters. Man did I hate that, but it certainly worked on me.

I tried to fight smarter and use what I had. I actually have a hard time PKing at times, once or twice a log in is usually it for me on anyone foe, unless they keep coming at me. Hard when there are some villagers who just never quit trying for the head.

I'm sure the Islanders will keep you busy even without me, shame I'm mising a good build up on both sides, looks like lots of fun fights on the horizon.

Eck (Anonymous)Sun 30-Oct-11 07:56 PM
Charter member
#103900, "Absolutely top tier in every category."
In response to Reply #11

One of, if not the best, character I've ever had the pleasure of interacting with.

Thank you.

lasentiaSun 30-Oct-11 08:24 PM
987 posts
#103906, "You always were soft on me."
In response to Reply #18

Maybe cause you assassinated me twice in like two days and felt bad for killing a poor helpless little bard

Thoroughly enjoyed Eck on the PK and RP sides. Shame you died so young, I kept thinking maybe I could get you to come over to the Isle someday

Thank you for the nice words.

Ilianthia (Anonymous)Sun 30-Oct-11 08:38 PM
Charter member
#103908, "Thank god."
In response to Reply #11

Your presence made a huge impact in game play, and with Argorok at your hip to create such impressive damaging lag, it was pretty easy for your to mow down entire groups. The balance shifted when you were on to whichever side you through your weight. I wish you had thrown it behind me every now and then.

I spouted a lot of vitriol at you, but it was a perspective thing. From my point of view you were happy to raid the tree to return the scales, but I never saw your group raiding the spire to return the fetish. I saw nexus grouped with mummies, but I never saw you fighting them. Add Tavlin's comment in his death thread about reaching an understanding with the Nexus, and I was feeling a lot of hate. And invariably, when it was one outlander versus two imperials and a tribunal, the best I could ever hope for was for one of you to tell me that everything was balanced, for I never heard any of you offer help. So from my point of view, Nexus was always screwing me over, and for all practical purposes you were its leader.

Great character, but I am glad you are gone.

lasentiaSun 30-Oct-11 09:30 PM
987 posts
#103915, "Completely fair to say."
In response to Reply #26

And I know it seemed that way. Bard + invoker is not a fight anyone really wants to go up against, so I don't blame you. We could go against groups of five without any real worry, unless they were villagers.

And honestly, of late I can't recall order ever swaying, and light generally always is. The forces of order I am guessing don't carry much weight. And lots of people are chaotic, and that influences things. Almost all villagers are for example. The balance is not a cabal thing alone, it's all players. Most people tend towads chaotic over orderly, tree or no.

Personally, I was happy to help outlanders if any of you asked and balance required it. I rarely saw the fetish out of place and order in sway, in fact I'd dare say it's been months. I used to ask outlanders back before your time. I always got rebuffed because I had hit the spirit before. You can blame Balta for that, he istilled the whole kill nexans/Allysia on sight thing which seems to have lingered on with current ones.

I am guessing it was you that asked if I had arrangements with the current mummies. The answer was a clear no, though you didn't wait to hear that. I actually really disliked Dvalygg and had been fighting him the day before. The other one I almost never saw, but did kill once I think pre mummy. Honestly didn't even know a thing about him. But I would not have hesitated to go after him. But you assumed otherwise I think.

That was Tavlin, but in general it has to do with scions. At one time when I was actually Rhyme it was my policy for nexans to slay any scarab on sight and to never aid a scion in any fashion, period.
Getting outlanders to do anything with us got to the point of futility after a while though.

TeslineSun 30-Oct-11 08:54 PM
Member since 25th Jun 2010
582 posts
#103911, "Allysia was awesome."
In response to Reply #11
Edited on Sun 30-Oct-11 08:55 PM

You helped me go from being an idiot with derialx and never prepping to teaching me how to fight...even though it didnt help me with derialx it ended up helping me with every other character i made since. I still wish i stole human sunder off you with roriack but you never ever let go of it when i was around. Well anyways great character its amazing that you age died. GLWYN

edit: Oh meant to say thank you for the help a bit drunk..

I've got a single #### to give...and it's just for you.

lasentiaSun 30-Oct-11 09:33 PM
987 posts
#103916, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #29

Humans I believe can not touch humansunder, sort of like iron to an elf, but I could be wrong. And an invoker is the only reason to not be wielding it, so of course I never stopped using it.

But glad you're picking things up and having fun I hope.

GoTeamUnderdog (NOT garwern)Sun 30-Oct-11 10:29 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #11

I'm aware it was all IC and I enjoyed Allysia as well. No hard feelings at all. An irate dwarf is an irate dwarf is an irate dwarf, though, so you get what you get when one comes around. . Glad you didn't take it too hard.

Allysia was a pleasure, and I'll echo the others- a truly representational Nexan.

lasentiaMon 31-Oct-11 06:59 AM
987 posts
#103926, "Oh it was all in good fun"
In response to Reply #35

Knew alone you really couldn't kill me.
Though five of you on the sea made me nervous.

I played a Ysal dwarf pally,so trust me when I say I love the irate dwarf RP!

TorakSun 30-Oct-11 11:07 PM
Member since 15th Feb 2007
1216 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103920, "Aww no Mubs love?"
In response to Reply #11
Edited on Sun 30-Oct-11 11:11 PM

I'm on the spectrum of characters you destroyed but I think near the end it started to get somewhat more respectable. I don't think I got you alone per-say but I definitely got you at least once...I remember celebrating . Pure damage builds just do *not* work against a prepped Nexus bard and I really didn't have many options at all because of my legacy/weapon choices. Echoes and fiends just destroyed me until I started to get full mental sets (I'm talking 6-8 pieces) and even then, hitting a hasted bard when distorted was damn near impossible. Even without it I was so impressed at how well you defended against AXES of all things (I still think it's a bit crazy how bad axes are in melee compared to sword/mace).

You definitely felt some sort of pity though and I remember more than once you yelling at Nexuns for trying to full loot me. I rarely took anything either but apparently when I would destroy Jolka/random gnome/etc in 1-2 rounds with unspeaks, they wanted major payback and would leech to your side whenever on

Great character though. And honestly, I would have done Tiamat too. Sometimes I think RP can destroy the game and that's a perfect instance of where I would have said "ya, #### it - how many people take down Tiamat?" Its one of the reason I've held off from Nexus because I distinctly remember a group I lead in the Inferno where an Immortal started harassing two nexuns for staying with us in the middle of freaking Dis. It completely ruined our several hour trip and in the end all we got from it was two Nexun corpses. So retarded...

Have fun with your next

lasentiaMon 31-Oct-11 07:13 AM
987 posts
#103927, "Nothing but respect for Mubs."
In response to Reply #37

Sorry, I tried to keep it to people who were still alive so that it didn't run through 100s of characters she got to interact with. I liked Mubs a lot. I looked up the premium of Mubs to check and it wasn't me that you got (unless maybe I got killed by a mob for the killing blow, which is possible)- I'm pretty good about knowing which villagers killed me because most all of them swore they would do so, so I wanted to see who would make good on it.

I remember teasing you about the squirrel was going to need a new home and you yelling back about me not doing nothing Nutty. I laughed and almost always laughed whenever you did a warcry. If you had died once, to me or not, I generally wanted to avoid you. Cloud villagers can have enough problems without a nexan bard harassing them as well.

And yes, you went from insta death to a fiend to Oh crap that only bought me two or three rounds and he's hitting me like a tank, when you hit me of course.

Tiamat was done within my RP bounds. My interpretation was as sphere dedication you do anything you can to help the balance. Light swayed, there were like seven of them on, one imperial and maybe two or three of us. Only way we were denting that, in my eyes, was using something external. So I asked them if they wanted to go to tiamat, which I think they were planning to anyway. They said yes, I told the other nexans to stay behind, and off we went. Nobody killed her before, figured we would be just another epic fail, I'd die along with five goodies. Balance served. Just didn't quite work out.

But yes, I did pass on every hell trip for that very reason. Tiamat I could justify because it was relatively quick and odds were we would die. But going to hell when darkness overpowers I couldn't see a way to do in the confines of being a Nexan. And I don't do the whole betray groupmates thing, cause that is about as lame as it gets.

Masardu (Anonymous)Mon 31-Oct-11 10:08 AM
Charter member
#103933, "And I don't get a mention? Weldone"
In response to Reply #11

I knew you from my previous 2 characters and wanted to start talking to you where we left off on the last one. But starting back up from last char was almost impossible without giving you hints.

I loved everyone of of our chats. Thanks for taking time out and talking to a drow. We sat and chatted for like 3-5 times and 30mins each.

And also thank you for all the eq you passed my way.

GLWYN

lasentiaMon 31-Oct-11 11:17 AM
987 posts
#103943, "Were nice chats"
In response to Reply #47

Would have had more had I not gotten banned, but those are the breaks.

And I generally do not respond to people who take what they learn about my char forward and use it with another, so I'm glad you didn't go that route.

Ganicus (Anonymous)Mon 31-Oct-11 11:04 AM
Charter member
#103941, "Ya gresy git!"
In response to Reply #11

So I spent a little time in the mid ranks where my jaw was pretty much always just down around my ankles because I couldn't comprehend why all the villagers would basically walk up to you and let you kill them with little more then echos and vibrato spam over and over and over and over.

Then I got to hero and realized how much of a ludacris tank you were when you prepped up.

I think in the end you got me twice. The first time we fought I assumed I would just swat you like all the other nexus bards so I thirsted right off the bat, a few rounds later I haven't landed a single blow and I am like... oh ####. The second tiem you got me we were scrappin and I had you on the defensive then you landed a sleep with 2 hours left on my resist. Then you got a solid fiend and I couldn't kill it off and couldn't use powers cause of the song of ultimate gayness (whoever decided to give a group deny cabal powers to a class that also has sleep is a BIG MEANY!)

I got to hand it to you though you were just one of a handful of people I had to be really careful about how and when I engaged them and for a while when Mubs was still alive that was tough considering he wanted to just get the forces and charge blindly into you for mass slaughter every chance he got.

Now that you have tasted life outside Herald I encourage you to stick with it and maybe try something with bash.

lasentiaMon 31-Oct-11 11:33 AM
987 posts
#103945, "Lol"
In response to Reply #48

Mine did too to be honest. Maybe they just wanted to be the one that got me? I don't know, so many fights were so one sided. Pure damage was not a great way to go after a fully prepped bard and I was always amazed people went that route. Then again hit and run does not work, since I have healing and decent dam redux without preps through anthem and vanguard. But add in haste, aura, stoneskin, shield and even being permalagged I could pretty much outtank a thirsting berserker. And that's just wrong.

Ganicus was smarter, so I usually would have to run you around a bit, and maybe go for the sleep. It did work on the sea that time. But yeah, only got you twice, unless maybe in a raid or something.

And I was apocalyptic spam usually, except against svirfs. I like to get that nice eradicate every once and a while.

Should be glad a bard can't sing fantasia in combat, cause that would make the song truly OP against villagers. Given how rarely I bothered to sleep villagers though (It was just a guaranteed way to make them run- so the fiend would have to be a kill sealer) most never got hit with fantasia.

I have played lots of warriors, but I prefer bards because they are great for doing things solo. So I never have downtime cause I can go almost anywhere alone and gather any item and such. That's a major plus in my book, and really not many classes can do that so easily as a bard can.

Really just working through the cabals with my bards. Herald, Battle, Scion and Nexus are done.

Vallinane (Anonymous)Mon 31-Oct-11 12:06 PM
Charter member
#103949, "Fort now, please. Pleasepleaseplease? n/t"
In response to Reply #51

xx

Onya (Anonymous)Mon 31-Oct-11 08:57 PM
Charter member
#103958, "RE: And quite a few goodbyes."
In response to Reply #11

I've always heard good things about you from those around you, so you definatly had an large impact on this game. I'll keep hanging in there, but I cant have much longer myself... We'll see. GLWYN.

ZephonSat 05-Nov-11 12:42 AM
Member since 21st Mar 2007
488 posts
#104077, "Another bard again? "
In response to Reply #11

Please tell me you are going to roll something else up other than ba bard. I know you love bards but still. lol I cant blame you really though. I liked my bard too. Its just there are so many other fun/cool classes in the game.

On a character related note, I only met you briefly near the end of this character's life. Probably one of the last days, if not the day before the last. I cannot remember. Cant say more. Good luck with the next one.

Telene

Allysia (Anonymous)Sun 30-Oct-11 06:49 PM
Charter member
#103879, "Some general thoughts"
In response to Reply #0

945 hours and 1188 years old- I kept saying I was old but I don't think people really knew just how old I was. I honestly thought I would age die every time I logged in for the past month, but she kept on going. In the end I figured it was close since the oldest char I ever saw was 1175, so I picked a spot, removed my one piece of -9 age gear, and it happened. I figured it best to go out quietly on my terms as that was generally how I played her the whole time.

Anyway, on to some thoughts.
Nexus Cabal - I have never played the cabal before this, and I never really thought I would like it based on how some players in it acted back when I was learning CF. The whole friend today enemy tomorrow can be a little tough to handle. I thought I would give one a try and see what it was like on the other side. And knowing just what goes into the balance is tough, but I got a feel for it. Ultimately things swaying gave me a guide, but not a hard and fast rule to me as to how I would act. I found it was just as hard to do it on my end, hard to have friends that I had to kill. I would try to keep it seperate, but damn was that hard sometimes. I still fought them, but a lot of times I sort of skirted around what I probably should do given the state of the balance. Vallinane was an example, as was Tavlin. Tavlin might make dark sway, but if he died, light swayed. So it was generally better for them to fight each other and us do nothing, which was kind of our approach. If Tavlin took the orb, we would have helped of course.

Villagers - I fought just so many of you I lost track. Some of you were flat out awesome. Some were flat out terrible. Most fell in between. I did get annoyed by having level 15 apps talk to me about how they would kill me. And I'm sorry, but swearing and insulting is fine RP, if there is more to it. When there wasn't I lost all respect for the char cause it was just basic OC venting against my char. I tried my best to not let any of you get to me, and damned did a lot of you try. Ultimately there was only one villager who I ever saw as a threat, and yes, he definitely broke me and caused me to consider deleting one time. And that was Flaaayin. However, I didn't delete, I got over it- though I certainly wanted him dead, and I genuinely respected that guy for just being one of the most amazing CF players I have ever seen in both his PK and his RP. He owned me. Plain and simple I think my ass had a tattoo that said Flaayin's bitch on it.

The rest of you, sorry, but none of you were the threat he was, and really, I don't recall any one has been that tough in general, outside of maybe Mharldarn and Tavlin. Villagers that killed me solo included Flaayin and Hyu (you old dwarfy bastard! . I can't think of any single other ones that managed it. Some others came close, but staffs of return are a life saver. But you have a village you can run to, so it was fair enough in my eyes. And yes, I had the hear light edge, so dirting me didn't stop me from using them.

I'm not sorry I made some of your lives hell in terms of cabal raids/retrievals and such. I'm not sorry that I was generally prepped for most all of my fights, and that I fled early if I was not ready for it. I didn't see any honor or intelligence in fighting when I had poor odds. After so long, I figured out pretty much what fights I had a chance in, and stayed for those. Ones I did not, I left. I'm not sorry that I didn't bother to fight a lot of you solo as bards are pretty easy to get the better of when you have ways to lag them. The few villagers that really figured out how to fight me had almost no problem in running me off, but generally she was not going to die absent me making a mistake. (Akedeh in recent memory usually owned me solo for example)

For others, I knew once distorted and such you would run, and it would take me at least 8 hours to go through the giant. Lots of you came for me, and lots of you beat the hell out of me, I just managed to get away a lot. Lots of you ran from me too. But we don't talk about that cause nobody admits their own shortcomings.

What I am sorry for is anytime I killed any of you and some unrelated people came in to try and grab loot, even if it was other Nexans. Them I could generally say something to and they would return it. But others did it and that irritated me to no end. I probably shouldn't have cared as much as I did, but I know you guys have it rough at times and I am not in CF to ruin the fun by making headless villagers run around in ragesteel. I never fulled anyone. Barely looted anyone for the most part, though there were def people who deserved it.

Ganging - Yeah, I'm going to address this. The entire village expects people to run around and fight solo and gets insulted if you don't. I learned early on who I could handle and who I could not. And I also learned what it took to win fights at the village. Allysia was not sphere honor or anything. Sphere dedication actually. Which means do what you need to in her eyes to serve her aims, not yours. She didn't care about honor or pride or anything really. Just getting the job done mattered. The means were not important. And I saw so many five on two raids at the Isle, that I generally just ignored the remarks, cause you all would not hesitate to bring in all you had to raid, so why would I not? That said, I would be shocked if my ratio was less than a three- certainly thinking it was higher than that. Over that many PKs, yeah, that's a lot of ganging, except that in a five on five, I hit everyone, and a death counts as a five on one. So the stats really won't show everything. Bard songs + most all of my fights were raids retrievals on large scales. Add in people waking others out of bard sleep, and it just skyrockets to be a very high number.

Getting exiled: Twist ended up being right, and to be honest, I really thought we had a 0% chance. I don't know how he knew or if he did when he booted me that we might have a chance to beat Tiamat, but I was betting purely on Tiamat killing us all. Of course, this meant we had to kill the blue first, and he booted me there. My intial plan was that if we slew Tiamat, I was going to nofollow and then fiend (which I know the fort people knew I would do- they said they were getting ready to bash me at any second). But, he booted me first, so I figured doing that would have just been assinine on my part- even if maybe Twist would have brought me back in. The dragonslayer title was sort of funny, because it was a reminder of one of my character's greatest achievements and greatest failings at the same time. And I got so many people asking me to kill various dragons for them that I did start to curse having it sometimes

Getting back in: I spent some time uncaballed, figured I screwed up and I shouldn't just get a pass to come back. I owe my thanks to Rayihn for allowing me to come back. I took a shot when I saw you awake, figured I would see where it went. It got so dull being uncaballed, and I really did not think I had much life when I came to see you. 300 hours later I think it was that I died. Thanks for giving me a second chance. I would have deleted probably if it was clear I was not getting back in. I wish I saw more of you generally in the Island, cause you're great. So is Daev and Twist for that matter, but you guys tend to be busy I am sure

Oh, and one final thought, please look at the voting system.
I voted for myself and schorie in every vote because that was all it would let me. Other people had problems to. Just something to look at.

I'll do some goodbyes in a bit (I tried to comment on all my old friends and enemies when they died so I might miss a few), and if anyone has anything to say I'm happy to listen and respond. I genuinely had a blast with this character. I tried to do the same for others.

IllanthosSun 30-Oct-11 04:40 PM
Member since 14th Oct 2011
274 posts
#103880, "Illanthos never did get a chance to find you that tent."
In response to Reply #9

I'm disappointed that we didn't get to chat more! Our characters sort of just clicked with each other.

GLWYN

lasentiaSun 30-Oct-11 07:57 PM
987 posts
#103901, "I would have enjoyed that"
In response to Reply #3

I always have enjoyed the talking to others part of CF immensely so anytime I find a person who's open to it I tend to roll with it.

Generally I saw no problem chatting with people even if they were in power.

I tried to always be friendly, even if I was not always nice. But an elf healer is always someone to get in good with.

Hope to see you in the fields for a while to come

Bolzhor (Anonymous)Sun 30-Oct-11 05:02 PM
Charter member
#103882, "Powerful char"
In response to Reply #9

Not sure how bull could beat you solo, even with everything going right.

lasentiaSun 30-Oct-11 08:01 PM
987 posts
#103902, "Always ways to win."
In response to Reply #5

Keep in mind Allysia fought lots of villagers. Lots of times. It was almost a scripted thing for me by the end, and you were on the tail end of that, so I had it figured out pretty much how to fight any type of villager solo.

Killing Allysia solo was difficult only because I tended to get out before it was too late. You had a big plus in that I can not fiend nor make you flee with a song if I was entwined. So that left staffs of return, but unless you could deafen and blind me, chances were I was going to be able to escape.

Keep at it, you'll get the hang of things and learn the strengths of your build. Not every char is a good match though, Alysia might have just been a tough one for you.

Have fun out there without me

Hralpelk/Gurzgred (Anonymous)Sun 30-Oct-11 05:27 PM
Charter member
#103884, "RE: Some general thoughts"
In response to Reply #9

You were tough and the foundation for the Nexans. I can't give much higher praise than that, when a single character is the definitive backbone of a cabal it speaks leagues of their abilities.

I never saw much help from you with either of my characters and while we certainly fought a lot I think the only time I ever actually killed you over a combined 500 hours or so was with Hralpelk right when you were entering the hero range at centurions.

RE: Tiamat

Yeah, Rhone and I were handling you with care. On one hand, we had been planning this out for a long time and we knew having your experience and a good bard's utility was crucial, we also knew that you were fickle and could ruin things in a heartbeat. I had an alias for bashing you that entire trip and the SECOND you nofolled I was ready to hit. I'm glad it never came down to it. I'm doubly glad that it worked out for the best and that you got back into the cabal in the long rung, otherwise I would have been pretty bummed out and felt partially responsible for getting you outducted.

lasentiaSun 30-Oct-11 08:07 PM
987 posts
#103903, "Both of those guys were awesome"
In response to Reply #6

Truly great chars both. Hralpelk was a monster, there was no doubt about it. You saw me under the sea, walked in, hit and flurried me, and I ran. Was down to like 200 hp. And here I thought I had a chance, guess not. I think I was more of an ally to him though, cause you ran solo so much after the anathema so I was always happy to give you songs.

And your dwarf, yeah, you always had light swaying so no help from the Nexan.

Thanks for the compliment, I always thought it was my job to make the other Nexans tougher and make them feel like they were the toughest group around. Didn't matter if I was tough, just that they thought I was. Confidence goes a long way I found.

And I am glad it worked out. But it was my choice to go, so you had no reason to feel bad. I am pretty sure my lifespan was two seconds if I did the nofollow, but I would have tried it anyway. Twist acted before I did though. Which was probably for the best all in all.

H/G (Anonymous)Sun 30-Oct-11 10:33 PM
Charter member
#103919, "RE: Both of those guys were awesome"
In response to Reply #21

Thanks, Hralpelk felt like a character of wasted potential for me. If things had worked out in Empire, I wonder what he would have been capable of. Being an anathema with my playstyle(a rather aggressive, if prep heavy one) tends to run me out of con. Hearing that you considered him a monster is pretty flattering.

Rhone (Anonymous)Mon 31-Oct-11 02:11 AM
Charter member
#103924, "RE: Some general thoughts"
In response to Reply #6

>RE: Tiamat
>
>Yeah, Rhone and I were handling you with care. On one hand, we
>had been planning this out for a long time and we knew having
>your experience and a good bard's utility was crucial, we also
>knew that you were fickle and could ruin things in a
>heartbeat. I had an alias for bashing you that entire trip and
>the SECOND you nofolled I was ready to hit. I'm glad it never
>came down to it. I'm doubly glad that it worked out for the
>best and that you got back into the cabal in the long rung,
>otherwise I would have been pretty bummed out and felt
>partially responsible for getting you outducted.

Agreed.

ExplosionSun 30-Oct-11 05:40 PM
Member since 06th Jul 2011
381 posts
#103885, "Flaaayin owned you - question"
In response to Reply #9

Was it because of his build, or was it because of his skill?
Did you fight same builds as his, and were there a difference?

lasentiaSun 30-Oct-11 06:59 PM
987 posts
#103893, "No other thief = Flaaayin"
In response to Reply #7

Thieves gave me trouble. But none did like him.

But really, it was the player, not the build.
Pure and simple whoever played Flaaayin knew their stuff.
I mean on the level of the true elite players of CF, and I doubt anyone would deny that.
The guy was able to move so that I would always get knocked out during the lag of a song I hit him with. Would just flee, and I'd be knocked out. Then poisoned. Then woken by five traps hitting me.

His build was actually pretty frail.
And a fiend could actually kill him.
But I could almost never land one on him.

I was also learning my PK tactics at the time, but really, even by the end of my life I have no doubt he still would have owned me.

I put him and Elgroth in my role, just because of how tough they were. When those types of chars come along, I feel bad for Islanders

MoetEtChandonSun 30-Oct-11 07:17 PM
Member since 26th Jul 2010
293 posts
#103896, "Yeah, Flaaayin was well above any other competition"
In response to Reply #12

Flaaayin was basically certain death. Others were at best a nuisance.

DallevianSun 30-Oct-11 06:51 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1639 posts
#103891, "Excelente."
In response to Reply #9

Like someone else said, you were definitely the backbone of Nexus for quite a long time. Kudos.

Vallinane (Anonymous)Sun 30-Oct-11 06:43 PM
Charter member
#103889, "I really enjoyed this character. Post some goodbyes! n..."
In response to Reply #0

You won't get anything from me until you do!

lasentiaSun 30-Oct-11 08:30 PM
987 posts
#103907, "That's not nice."
In response to Reply #8

And you knocking me out and tying me up. I didn't even know you were around, was not paying attention. Cause yeah, north road, smart place to switch windows right? I switch back to CF see I'm already gagged and being bound and trussed. I just started laughing and said I'm screwed.

Would have been a death that killed me as it turns out, since the item was keeping me alive. Glad I got to go out on my own doing though, thanks for that.

Vallinane (Anonymous)Mon 31-Oct-11 01:52 AM
Charter member
#103923, "You're welcome! I really liked Allysia."
In response to Reply #25

There goes my plan to age-die Vallinane - 900+ hours to age death on an elf character is just wtf terrifying. I think I'd be lucky to scrape up enough con to hit 600 hours, 900 is just too much.

Thanks for being willing to talk with me all the time, from those serious conversations about the balance to the advice about humansunder to the silly banter. One of the things which makes Vallinane so fun is the interesting interacting with other people, and you were near the top of my list for interesting interactions.

You were also ####ing terrifying to fight, especially when you were working with Argorok and that incredibly ridiculous absolute zero edge. Quicksand, rain of stone, cone of cold, echoes, fiend, vibrato, just yeesh. Even if we outnumbered you guys like two or three to one, nothing we can do against that. Maybe if we caught you two separated, in which case you guys probably wouldn't attack and we'd probably not attack first. Super frustrating

Allysia had style and class and was a lot of fun to talk with. Though Vallinane could never quite bring himself to call any Nexun an ally, you were surely a friend. I was amazed at your longevity and very happy that my character warranted a mention from you in your goodbyes.

I had a lot of fun just interacting with Allysia and I hope I made some of those dull logins a bit more interesting near the end.

lasentiaMon 31-Oct-11 07:57 AM
987 posts
#103929, "RE: You're welcome! I really liked Allysia."
In response to Reply #39

I was the Rhyme very early, that made me age slower. And don't look at hours, look at years. I don't think you'll have to go 900 hours to reach age death, she was an exception for a reason I won't go into, but it's not something that I think happens very often.

Allysia was always willing to talk. She would generally not hesistate to kill people, but you I sort of let be cause of that shaky friendship. I gave you the flask the first chance I got when light wasn't tipping just to show it really was nothing personal. With the fort, I genererally never suggested attacking, I almost felt bad when Argorok came and just tore through everyone with me. Almost Numbers don't always win fights, especially not against that combo. And iff others wanted to strike I was going to go to make sure they all stayed alive. But there were probably quite a few kills I let go at the fort at the same time, which I generally didn't do when I dealt with any other cabal.

Yep, Argorok was the real force there. I was just the sealer. Some of things he and I could do together would be simply ridiculous. At the same time, two villagers ran him off and slew me.

Vallinane has the makings of a fine Marshall. I'm not sure how pk successful you are cause we never really fought outside of those raids, but I'm guessing you're doing well. You'll find the hours fly by when you have fun people to interact with, and you were certainly outgoing enough that I imagine you'll always have people talking with you.

lasentiaMon 31-Oct-11 09:15 AM
987 posts
#103931, "Oh, one little tip."
In response to Reply #39

Save spell. Get it up over -50.
It does wonders.
Might help deal with a certain invoker.

Batman (inactive user)Sun 30-Oct-11 04:16 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #0

Cool character. Scary.

But cool.

I'll get your pbf

lasentiaSun 30-Oct-11 08:50 PM
987 posts
#103910, "Scary?"
In response to Reply #2

I always thought I was way too soft actually.
I rarely did the whole dark evil RP side of her.
I just can't do dark and evil RP very well.

Ideally, she should have been much much darker when it was called for. But Flaaayin showed me evil RP and evil PK. And I could never do it like him. He was a master, and I always just reminded myself of him for a second if I ever thought I was actually tough. And that put me right back in my place.

I'll get the pbf along with a few others I want to see.

QuezzumplietSun 30-Oct-11 03:10 PM
Member since 26th Jul 2003
128 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#103877, "I will send you out with a proper bard farewell. "
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sun 30-Oct-11 04:07 PM

Bravo, Maestra, Bravo!

You lasted through many of my characters and with each one, be it enemy or friend, you were top notch. Your consistency of character, of being present, of overall kicking butt and to age die doing so is a tremendous accomplishment.

I've aged died a character before and it is not easy to keep it fresh and I wonder if you had any challenges trying to stay interested in the character? Or was the fact you were so successful key to keeping the experience fresh?

--Quezzumpliet

Allysia (Anonymous)Sun 30-Oct-11 04:47 PM
Charter member
#103881, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #1

I didn't have a lot of trouble staying interested actually. My only lull was being uncaballed, but apart from that I usually had things to do and people to talk with.

I certainly experienced a bit of tedium, 945 hours is ridiculous, but I saw it as I constantly got to make new friends and fight new enemies. That made it fresh and really my char life went in about four or fiv distinct stages that were all unique. Was like playing new chars, without having to go through the boring levelling and skill practicing. And after a while I was so old people sought me out just to talk with me about random things, which I greatly appreciated.

Certainly benefits of being old are being well known, and that people would generally want to interact with you.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #103876 Previous topic | Next topic