Subject: "(CON LOSS) [NEXUS] Jolka Biruti the Weaver of the Eleme..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #103857
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 28-Oct-11 05:04 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17196 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103857, "(CON LOSS) [NEXUS] Jolka Biruti the Weaver of the Elements"

Fri Oct 28 17:03:05 2011

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 20th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Jolka perished, never to return.

Race:half-drow
Class:invoker
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:386

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [NEXUS] Jolka Biruti the Weaver of the E..., Jolka (Anonymous), 29-Oct-11 04:12 AM, #5
Reply You were always a great companion., Allysia (Anonymous), 29-Oct-11 07:54 AM, #6
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [NEXUS] Jolka Biruti the Weaver of the E..., Bolzhor (Anonymous), 29-Oct-11 08:37 AM, #7
Reply Thanks for your help and that last bit., Fjodir (Anonymous), 29-Oct-11 03:01 PM, #8
Reply Nice job. nt, Dallevian, 30-Oct-11 06:49 PM, #9
Reply Well played, Argivo (Anonymous), 28-Oct-11 10:55 PM, #4
Reply Damnations!, Sugabear (NOT Puhguly), 28-Oct-11 07:58 PM, #3
Reply you had some big steel ones, must have been hard to wal..., Tontik, 28-Oct-11 06:52 PM, #2
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [NEXUS] Jolka Biruti the Weaver of the E..., Nichaus (Anonymous), 28-Oct-11 05:37 PM, #1

Jolka (Anonymous)Sat 29-Oct-11 04:12 AM
Charter member
#103864, "RE: (CON LOSS) [NEXUS] Jolka Biruti the Weaver of the E..."
In response to Reply #0

Thanks for all the fights and interactions everyone. Jolka was sphere Honesty, so I was trying to announce in advance how the balance is and if I am going to help someone retrieve or strike someone. I was not too quick to jump on good/evil, chaos/order fights if balance tipped only slightly and spent most of my life fighting villagers. Never got looted (only few things/wands from time to time) and never took a thing from any corpse I think. I am nowhere a competent pkiller, but at least got some kills, while dying myself a lot, all in all it was a very suicidal char. Still I did enjoy it and learned a lot.

I did "speed up" my con-death throwing myself at the giant as a ghost, just because got my first ever full loot including my prep bag when my con was at 4, so just did not feel like regearing at this point. Do not know who did this and if this is because "your cabalmate looted my cabalmate earlier!", - but these kind of loot circles are just plain stupid.

Some goodbyes:

Nexus: Good bunch there, good to see an influx of some new ones just before I died.
Puhguly - I guess our times did not match at all, as I was only able to meet you during weekends, but you are doing well, thanks for showing me some things and helping me find my black.
Gdot - well done, see above.
Allysia - just another "legend" of the Isle. I felt much safer when fighting villagers bonded with you, but still of course managed to die even if you were trying to save me.
Wouso - a thief would be really nice addition to the Isle, did you just stop showing up?
Our shifters - not sure if our times did not match or you were rarely around, except maybe Zorg. Larna, thanks for showing me lots of stuff around.

Village: last few days I would just log in alone, you hold the key and there are like 3 or 4 of you around. I would just head to the village, strike the giant, see you all come defend, run, heal, rinse and repeat. Usually I was able to get the key back, but sometimes two or three of you thirsting at giant and one waiting just outside it to lag me if I manage to flee was a bit too much. Got some imm exp for these retrievals I think, but later also got smacked a bit when I accepted help from Imperials to retrieve when darkness was slightly tipping, though veil was really in bad shape.
Tontik – best ever villager hands down. If there were like 5 villagers around, I was feeling safer to come and retrieve when you were around, because I knew you would just defend alone, not everyone bunched there. Died to you a lot, I hope I killed you at least once.
Ganicus – always calling me names and hitting like a truck! A bit annoying, but well played, guess that’s what true barbarian should be. That last death to you was a suicide - came without protections just to see what happens.
Taerg – seriously, was avoiding you, not much an invoker could do against a polearm scout. Or at least I could not.
Odrallag/Bolzhor/… /(all other villager berserkers) – Fair fights, but you did not “stand-out” and were a bit “faceless”, could never tell any differences which one is which. It’s like a village version of “another gnome nexus shifter #553433”, just with whips and deathblow. No offense, maybe I just did not get a chance to interact with you more.

Didn’t interact with lots of people from other cabals, so just few I’ve interacted with:
Argivo – it was really nice knowing you, I enjoyed that time aiding you retrieve.
Tzar…(sp?) – I liked the “business like” approach of yours.
Fjodir – you are interesting char, still curious how it will turn out.
Obregon – just scary even if we usually were on the same side.
Kursh – I saw you are very new with the game, it will be easier with your next!
Tezaurt (sp?) – what, I am your wand source? You just log on, catch me with my pants down somewhere, loot my wands and log off, heh.

IMMs – thanks for a great game and some imm exp, I did not seek any interactions, as was too lazy to update my role (and realized too late that the original role was messed up while pasting – missing first word of each line).

Will see you all soon.

Allysia (Anonymous)Sat 29-Oct-11 07:54 AM
Charter member
#103865, "You were always a great companion."
In response to Reply #5

If Allysia is anything special, it's because she always has good companions like Jolka around to help with whatever needs doing, and I always appreciated it. At times you did go a bit reckless inside the village, especially if say Taerg was at the Destructor , but I must say it almost always ended up with you getting the key back or the villagers dying soon after.

Fighting villagers at the village is always a lot of risk, especially with a lot of whip specs plus a few guys with cut off, it can be quite deadly. That last day was just an excessive amount of death on both sides. It's a shame there were some full loots by some that caused you to end it, and I know which ones did it because that seemed to be their MO that day. A shame, because I'd say most other villagers and players don't even have that thought cross their mind when someone dies in a raid.

Hope you had fun, look forward to seeing you out there again.

Bolzhor (Anonymous)Sat 29-Oct-11 08:37 AM
Charter member
#103866, "RE: (CON LOSS) [NEXUS] Jolka Biruti the Weaver of the E..."
In response to Reply #5

Bolzhor – Fair fights, but you did not “stand-out” and were a bit “faceless”, could never tell any differences which one is which. It’s like a village version of “another gnome nexus shifter #553433”, just with whips and deathblow. No offense, maybe I just did not get a chance to interact with you more.

-

Bull say same thing about you and other Nexun invokers only difference be bull can't kill all three of you with two spells when you not have key.

Good luck with next, good job fighting for cabal.

Fjodir (Anonymous)Sat 29-Oct-11 03:01 PM
Charter member
#103871, "Thanks for your help and that last bit."
In response to Reply #5

I like the way you looked at me. And again, thanks for your help with stuff. I was hoping to go exploring with you at some point, a shame that won't happen.

GLWYN

DallevianSun 30-Oct-11 06:49 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1639 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103890, "Nice job. nt"
In response to Reply #5

nt

Argivo (Anonymous)Fri 28-Oct-11 10:53 PM
Charter member
#103862, "Well played"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Fri 28-Oct-11 10:55 PM

Just recently got to know your character in other terms than someone who would try to hunt me down along with Allysia and Zenze during Fort swings, and I'm glad I had the chance. Well played and consistent character, from what I saw. And really brave in pursuit of your particular cabal ethic, not to mention really effective.

P.S. I feel like invokers deserve a double requiem and kudos for being brave in face of that fact that it's painful to grind away at the skills to make them effective, so double kudos for conlossing despite that

Sugabear (NOT Puhguly)Fri 28-Oct-11 07:58 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #0

This is a big blow. And god damn that is alot of hours. You must have ate a lot of deaths when I wasn't on cause from what I saw of you, you were a wrecking ball. Hope you enjoyed the character as much as I enjoyed your character. Can't wait to see your thoughts on it all and glwyn.

TontikFri 28-Oct-11 06:52 PM
Member since 27th Aug 2011
104 posts
#103860, "you had some big steel ones, must have been hard to wal..."
In response to Reply #0

seriously you were never afraid to raid retrieve no matter the odds (and you either killed some villagers or escaped quite a few times). All around good player than made my life a living nightmare with all the sand and pillars at the giant, seriously i would just sit in the sand and wait for it to go away because i knew you would be back to retrieve even if there was 5 villagers on, and most of the time you got the key back.... good job and glwyn

tontik

Nichaus (Anonymous)Fri 28-Oct-11 05:37 PM
Charter member
#103858, "RE: (CON LOSS) [NEXUS] Jolka Biruti the Weaver of the E..."
In response to Reply #0

Damn! I didnt mean to scare you to con loss! Well it was good knowing ya and thanks for the help today

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #103857 Previous topic | Next topic