Subject: "(CON LOSS) [TRIBUNAL] Jitleph the Grand Master of Chang..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #103763
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 24-Oct-11 10:12 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17196 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103763, "(CON LOSS) [TRIBUNAL] Jitleph the Grand Master of Changelings, Magistrate of Galadon"

Mon Oct 24 22:09:47 2011

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 18th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Jitleph perished, never to return.

Race:gnome
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:229

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [TRIBUNAL] Jitleph the Grand Master of C..., Gwildonian (Anonymous), 30-Oct-11 01:42 PM, #36
Reply I had no idea, Ilianthia (Anonymous), 26-Oct-11 11:07 PM, #13
Reply Jitleph for me was a huge mistake and unexpected succes..., Quezzumpliet, 26-Oct-11 10:07 PM, #7
Reply was fun, Tontik, 27-Oct-11 06:55 AM, #14
Reply I really dig Tontik, Quezzumpliet, 27-Oct-11 07:52 PM, #26
Reply Dieing, Ganicus (Anonymous), 27-Oct-11 09:00 AM, #15
Reply *like*, Gleebrok (Anonymous), 27-Oct-11 09:47 AM, #16
Reply Appreciated, Quezzumpliet, 27-Oct-11 08:01 PM, #27
Reply Last name was on me, Whiysdan, 27-Oct-11 12:00 PM, #17
Reply 388 founded in google, nothing in urban dictionary, Explosion, 27-Oct-11 12:34 PM, #18
     Reply RE: 388 founded in google, nothing in urban dictionary, Whiysdan, 27-Oct-11 12:47 PM, #19
          Reply It is hilarious that you knew what that was. =P Apparen..., Lhydia, 27-Oct-11 03:18 PM, #20
          Reply Omg :), Explosion, 27-Oct-11 03:31 PM, #21
          Reply Never heard of Cobblepot as a lewd metaphor, Quezzumpliet, 27-Oct-11 07:46 PM, #24
               Reply People troll us All The Time, Rayihn, 27-Oct-11 08:25 PM, #29
                    Reply Curious, laxman, 27-Oct-11 08:39 PM, #30
                         Reply RE: Curious, Rayihn, 28-Oct-11 09:43 AM, #35
Reply Have to say, Outtie (Anonymous), 27-Oct-11 03:47 PM, #22
     Reply You're wrong., Twist, 27-Oct-11 03:53 PM, #23
     Reply Vandalize, Quezzumpliet, 27-Oct-11 08:10 PM, #28
          Reply What law would vandalize break?, DurNominator, 27-Oct-11 10:00 PM, #31
               Reply I would direct you to the Provosts that approved it., Quezzumpliet, 27-Oct-11 10:12 PM, #32
               Reply Yep. Been a crime a lot of times., Dallevian, 28-Oct-11 08:57 AM, #34
               Reply How about using a common sense sometimes? nt, Explosion, 28-Oct-11 01:31 AM, #33
     Reply If you've played a load of Tribs..., Quezzumpliet, 27-Oct-11 07:45 PM, #25
Reply Loved your character. Sorry to see this., Llynslia (Anonymous), 25-Oct-11 09:58 PM, #6
Reply I really enjoyed Llynslia as well., Quezzumpliet, 26-Oct-11 10:10 PM, #8
Reply Cool character, Sumeraj (Anonymous), 25-Oct-11 03:10 PM, #5
Reply Thank you. You made an interesting choice as well., Quezzumpliet, 26-Oct-11 10:21 PM, #12
Reply Are you bipolar?, Ganicus (Anonymous), 25-Oct-11 02:29 PM, #4
Reply Excellent Character, Bolzhor (Anonymous), 25-Oct-11 05:56 AM, #3
Reply We never really fought all that much., Quezzumpliet, 26-Oct-11 10:11 PM, #9
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [TRIBUNAL] Jitleph the Grand Master of C..., Argivo (Anonymous), 25-Oct-11 12:49 AM, #2
Reply Wise old gnome? Hey, I wasn't even middle aged!, Quezzumpliet, 26-Oct-11 10:33 PM, #10
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [TRIBUNAL] Jitleph the Grand Master of C..., Onewingedangel, 24-Oct-11 10:23 PM, #1
     Reply You certainly were Jitleph's best friend., Quezzumpliet, 26-Oct-11 10:16 PM, #11

Gwildonian (Anonymous)Sun 30-Oct-11 01:42 PM
Charter member
#103875, "RE: (CON LOSS) [TRIBUNAL] Jitleph the Grand Master of C..."
In response to Reply #0

I was instantly thinking of The Goonies, or Batman (The Penguin's real name) Chester Cobblepot, and Oswald Chesterfield Cobblepot, respectively.

I did really enjoy the char however. I had no idea you were hemorrhaging con so quickly until the end. At first I was really hoping you'd be promoted but it wasn't meant to be. All the same, GLWYN.

Ilianthia (Anonymous)Wed 26-Oct-11 11:07 PM
Charter member
#103824, "I had no idea"
In response to Reply #0

I didn't know about your pledge to not use magic until after that retrieval conversation we had after you turned into a lion and ate me, but under other circumstances it would have made a great role. I'm glad you were able to salvage some fun out of the character. GLWYN!

QuezzumplietWed 26-Oct-11 10:07 PM
Member since 26th Jul 2003
128 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#103818, "Jitleph for me was a huge mistake and unexpected succes..."
In response to Reply #0

After I con died I needed to wait a bit before posting to weigh the pros and cons of admitting I played a character that made a huge mistake in going OOC at Ganicus. You may have noticed the unsavory 'question' he posted down below and that is due to his dislike of me for an OOC comment I made as well as posting a log on Dio's that made an inappropriate comment about him. What precipitated this is the fact that my biggest peeve of CarrionFields is multikilling. Ganicus had killed me no less than four times that night and I got angry, very angry. I should have logged off and cooled off. Normally I do and give myself time to calm down. I didn't and the OOC outburst and inappropriate post on Dio's was the result. After reading that my log has been removed I realized the extent of my error and decided to take responsibility for it. I wrote an OOC apology to Ganicus, Garwern (who got a bit of my temper) and the immortals who shouldnt have to put up with behavior like I exhibited. Here is that note.

< 33> Sun Oct 9 14:47:35 2011
To : Ganicus Garwern Immortal
Subject: OOC Apology

I am writing this OOC because I feel the need to make
a formal apology player to players for my behavoir the
other night. I behaved in an unacceptable manner to
you both, especially Ganicus going very OOC on him at
the end. I handled my misgivings and frustrations in
a very poor fashion including the posting of a log that
by itself was innocent enough the comments I made in it
were completely inappropriate.

I cannot exactly make ammends other than this apology
and a promise it will not happen again. I will treat
you both and the rest of the playerbase and immortals
with the utmost of respect as we all deserve. I am
also going to do my best to finish this character with
integrity and hope it will be readily evident to all I
interact with.

However, should the Immortal Staff decide any punishment
is in order including a ban I will accept such without
protest.

Again, my sincere regrets over my poor behavior and I
hope that my actions do not disuade you from continuing
to play Carrion Fields.

--Jitleph

Well, the imms didn't ban me but I also got the feeling I was on parole and would have been if I slipped up again. Never got my last name, pulled off a couple amazing kills such as against Tavlin that with any other character would have netted me a little imm love but it never happened. I did get something once, I think because Puhgley and a village dwarf were arguing over who pushed more ore carts and my comments was something to the effect of "Oh, you're talking about mining! I heard ore carts and immediately thought the Seantryn Brothels!" I guess someone thought it funny.

Jitleph was an unexpected success roleplay wise when I decided to give up magic. I did so because I was simply no match for the villagers who were killing me so often I was losing a con point a day. I didn't do it for the roleplay at the time but, because they were my main antagonists it left me much freer to stay out of the guild and interact with others and I am so glad I did. I got to actually speak with villagers rather than just fight them and after doing so it became apparent why some of them were showing the rewards they have.

I had hoped that by giving up magic and surviving awhile I might get a perk, such as a super shield block, or parry, something that would let me live long enough for my guards to do the damage. Or in an extreme case maybe be turned into a warrior or other fighting class. Unfortunately that never happened. Thror gave me a burning sensation once and that was the last I heard. When the outlanders starting showing up again I started getting killed alot again. I don't know if they knew I had given up magic but most seemed to be trying (and often succeding) in multikilling me though this time I handled it with grace. In the end though I wanted to go out with a bang and not a whimper so I started using magic again, pissed off the village, and ended up con dying pretty fast but at least I enjoyed it again.

I interacted with so many characters I really can't begin to list them so instead I will gladly respond to positive posts but if you have something negative to say, by all means. Just don't expect me to respond. I don't want this to degenerate into a flame war.

--Jitleph Cobblepot, aka Quezzumpliet

TontikThu 27-Oct-11 06:55 AM
Member since 27th Aug 2011
104 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103825, "was fun"
In response to Reply #7

man we had some good battles (i got you a few times and you got me a few times when i was coming back from raiding or somethign and got cocky

but I really liked our rp, to bad it turned out like it did, really tried to take care of you after you got reformed (no magic use) but that is hard to do when you walk in to a room with a thirsting villager and get onerounded.... oh well

overall i really liked your your char even for a mage you seemed to stick to your rp guns no matter what atleast with me and i had no problems with you at all, glwyn

tontik

QuezzumplietThu 27-Oct-11 07:52 PM
128 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#103842, "I really dig Tontik"
In response to Reply #14

Definately the best villager i've gotten to interact with in many years, since Tsyda actually. That was a helluva crew as well back then. I appreciate you sticking your neck out for me during my reform. A lot of the villagers were just getting wanted intentionally knowing I'd have to come manacle them and bring the guards then killing me anyways. You did a pretty good job of reigning them in. I also appreciate you speaking to Thror on my behalf. I wish that had worked out, I was really interested with where it could have gone.

Now go and get commander.

Ganicus (Anonymous)Thu 27-Oct-11 09:00 AM
Charter member
#103827, "Dieing"
In response to Reply #7

I don't loot people unless they have something to replace a piece of gear I am wearing so when I kill mages that means I don't touch a single thing 98% of the time. So you are at the same level of "strength" after I kill you as before I kill you.

I am not twist. I play because I enjoy fighting. I assume that if you don't want to fight anymore you will do things such as use the flee command, teleport, take minimal steps to avoid me, or log off. If you do none of those things and sit in the same place and when I engage you, you fight back, don't whine about dieng repeatedly.

If I have killed someone before and come across them I will go after them, its part of my whole actually trying to convey hate and rage (because certain indivuals ####fy the village by treating the whole war with enemies like a friendly tea party, "Oh good mage I believe I may have kilt you, please let me help you arm yourself and perhaps we could have a rousing go at it again on the morrow"). If you had actually tried to retreat you would notice that after I have killed you once on the day I don't give chase with much gusto and don't chase more than one area away.

With your forms you should have been able to beat me every single time and died never.

Gleebrok (Anonymous)Thu 27-Oct-11 09:47 AM
Charter member
#103828, "*like*"
In response to Reply #7

Although I dont know how necessary the ooc nature of your note was, if you felt it was justified I am glad you were able to man up. I have only been aware of you as a player until now, and going forward I have to say your post deserves respect, had a few interactions with you on other chars too and everything seemed rpwise on a day to day basis. As for being on parole and your last name, etc, another 100 hours or so would probably have seen you get that name. Its tough to take a beating for your cause all day long and feel unacknowledged (Didnt apply in Gleebroks case), I think in your case your burned to fast.

I dont know what you take from this char pk mechanics wise but given your gutsy nature, I'd love to see you take on that class/cabal combination again the future.

QuezzumplietThu 27-Oct-11 08:01 PM
128 posts
#103843, "Appreciated"
In response to Reply #16

Posting the OOC apology in game, reposting it here, and using my main CF handle was to 'man up'. To take responsibility for an action I regretted after I had time to calm down.

We, the players of Carrion Fields, are a small community and it does us no good to alienate one another by being douchebags either in game or on the forums. Whether that be multikilling, full saccing more than once, going OOC, cheating, or any other act that ruins the fun for other players.

Sure all communities have their differences but they need to be handled responsibly. Everyone makes mistakes and owning up to them is the best way to rectify them. If you do make a mistake like I did, take the time to apologize. If they don't accept it at least you tried, and if they do respect can be built and that can go a long way towards making playerbase better and ultimately the game better.

WhiysdanThu 27-Oct-11 12:00 PM
Member since 04th Aug 2011
243 posts
#103829, "Last name was on me"
In response to Reply #7

Just figured I'd chime in and let you know that you weren't being punished or anything with not getting your last name. I most always google people's names/lastnames before approving/denying them. If you're not sure why your's got denied, try googling it and taking a look at what pops up on urban dictionary.

I just wanted to let you know that it had nothing to do with anything other than this.

ExplosionThu 27-Oct-11 12:34 PM
Member since 06th Jul 2011
381 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103830, "388 founded in google, nothing in urban dictionary"
In response to Reply #17

Unless i must look something else, not exactly "jitleph". Btw, have no clue too what it could be.

WhiysdanThu 27-Oct-11 12:47 PM
Member since 04th Aug 2011
243 posts
#103831, "RE: 388 founded in google, nothing in urban dictionary"
In response to Reply #18

Last name, not first name. Try googling "Cobblepot"

LhydiaThu 27-Oct-11 03:18 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
#103834, "It is hilarious that you knew what that was. =P Apparen..."
In response to Reply #19

gr

ExplosionThu 27-Oct-11 03:31 PM
381 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103835, "Omg :)"
In response to Reply #19

Imagine a (any) giant, cobblepotting gnome.
Great lastname, you should turn it on and give approriate special tittle

Live and learn. Never even knew there such trick existing. Three fingers! I wonder in one hand or both must be used?

Sorry for offtopic, but that's really funny.

QuezzumplietThu 27-Oct-11 07:41 PM
128 posts
#103840, "Never heard of Cobblepot as a lewd metaphor"
In response to Reply #19
Edited on Thu 27-Oct-11 07:46 PM

thank god I didn't go for GobbleSnot or Manhattan Transfer. Of course, could have also changed my lastname, not exactly difficult.

RayihnThu 27-Oct-11 08:25 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#103846, "People troll us All The Time"
In response to Reply #24

You're right, the best thing to do would be to catch these things and send the person a tell offering to change it. But we don't know who you are, we don't know you're not Stevers trying to troll us by rolling up "Enliltuel" and asking to be renamed to "Immliltuel" when he gets brought in for it. Also, not all imms are high enough level to fix this stuff and sometimes a higher level imm isn't around to help.

laxmanThu 27-Oct-11 08:39 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#103847, "Curious"
In response to Reply #29

Why aren't those kind of imm abilities like level 53? History of people abusing name change or something?

RayihnFri 28-Oct-11 09:42 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#103853, "RE: Curious"
In response to Reply #30
Edited on Fri 28-Oct-11 09:43 AM

I don't think it's history of abusing so much as just how diku code was set with core imm commands or what level whoever was creating the imm command felt it was best served at. The same command to "string" a last name is also used to string titles, and rename gear. I don't think being able to restring up someone a custom container is really that abusable or scary, but then the same command can be used to change the keywords of an item. An inexperienced imm might do something stupid with "all that power". Also, a lot of imm commands are situated around things they go with, string is xx level and loading an object is the next level. We have had problems in the past with imms abusing load object for their morts.
Some imm commands, in my opinion are a little high level considering what they do but others need to be where they are because of they do get abused it's just a nightmare to deal with. There's also never really been an imm project to review what levels imm commands are set up beyond my campain to bring the ability to flag and grant xp for a role down to a heroimm level.

Outtie (Anonymous)Thu 27-Oct-11 03:47 PM
Charter member
#103836, "Have to say"
In response to Reply #7

having played a load of Tribs, warranting a nightreaver branch for igniting in a city and claiming its an offensive area spell is just pretty lame. Would never complain IC, but seemed like a pure griefer move and pretty my tainted what ever RP could have evolved.

TwistThu 27-Oct-11 03:53 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#103837, "You're wrong."
In response to Reply #22

Anyone, pkrange or not, can take damage from the rooms that are on fire. Ignite is definitely a harmful spell or power.

Vandalize, however, isn't, much to Brom's chagrin when I flagged some guy for vandalizing Lord Vindor's timepieces in Voralia and Mundin pretty much told me I was wrong to do so and I had to remove the flag and send a note to Marcatis.

QuezzumplietThu 27-Oct-11 08:10 PM
128 posts
#103844, "Vandalize"
In response to Reply #23

Seems to be left to the discretion of the Provost at the time. Couple Provosts I've known made it a crime and it never changed until the next Provost did so.

DurNominatorThu 27-Oct-11 10:00 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103849, "What law would vandalize break?"
In response to Reply #28

As far as I know, attacking a shopkeeper in town isn't a crime either. The law is there to protect PCs, not NPCs.

QuezzumplietThu 27-Oct-11 10:12 PM
128 posts
#103850, "I would direct you to the Provosts that approved it."
In response to Reply #31

Arkellen was one that I can remember. May have been due to the fact that denying food sources can lead someone to die, unlikely but possible. Same with potions, etc. Also the fact that its just yet another power for outlanders to #### with tribs without tribs have any countermeasure so why let an enemy get away with anything on your turf?
It is certainly something that can be roleplayed. Certainly have been successful corrupt tribs before.

DallevianFri 28-Oct-11 08:57 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1639 posts
#103852, "Yep. Been a crime a lot of times."
In response to Reply #32

Trib has more than enough gameplay issues as it is.

ExplosionFri 28-Oct-11 01:31 AM
381 posts
#103851, "How about using a common sense sometimes? nt"
In response to Reply #31

QuezzumplietThu 27-Oct-11 07:45 PM
128 posts
#103841, "If you've played a load of Tribs..."
In response to Reply #22

..how could you possibly not know igniting fires is a crime? Law 2 isn't just about area spells, but area abilities. Plenty of non-magical abilities that break the law as well. General rules is, if it causes damage even for 'scratches' or causes someone to yell wildly. It's a crime. Fires cause damage. Even though minute.

Llynslia (Anonymous)Tue 25-Oct-11 09:58 PM
Charter member
#103811, "Loved your character. Sorry to see this."
In response to Reply #0

I expected to see this, but there really isnt much I could do to stop this. Good luck with the next.

QuezzumplietWed 26-Oct-11 10:10 PM
128 posts
#103819, "I really enjoyed Llynslia as well."
In response to Reply #6

I felt like you were a protoge and I feel for your current dilemma. I really hope you stick with it and get what you want. I think the spire will do well to have you with them.

Sumeraj (Anonymous)Tue 25-Oct-11 03:10 PM
Charter member
#103805, "Cool character"
In response to Reply #0

Always dig anyone willing to sacrifice power in exchange for RP.

QuezzumplietWed 26-Oct-11 10:21 PM
128 posts
#103823, "Thank you. You made an interesting choice as well."
In response to Reply #5

Not often you see someone give up something to further another goal so I suppose we were alike in that regard. I wish you luck in that endeavor.

Ganicus (Anonymous)Tue 25-Oct-11 02:29 PM
Charter member
#103802, "Are you bipolar?"
In response to Reply #0

Serious question... the person behind the screen seemed to have some emotional issues.

Kind of pissed I didn't get to con kill you after that #### you pulled I was really looking forward to that.

Bolzhor (Anonymous)Tue 25-Oct-11 05:56 AM
Charter member
#103778, "Excellent Character"
In response to Reply #0

Really outside of the box with the RP which I really loved.

Good luck with your next. Village bard?

QuezzumplietWed 26-Oct-11 10:11 PM
128 posts
#103820, "We never really fought all that much."
In response to Reply #3

But the time we did you were crushing, like most well played villagers. I hope my whine fests about 'breaking the pact' weren't taken to heart, it was entirely in Jitleph's character and taking it stoicly wouldn't have been.

Argivo (Anonymous)Tue 25-Oct-11 12:49 AM
Charter member
#103777, "RE: (CON LOSS) [TRIBUNAL] Jitleph the Grand Master of C..."
In response to Reply #0

Didn't know you so well early on, but you played the wise old gnome to the hilt later on. What was up with the battlerager/no magic thing? You mentioned it during the le grande invasion of the nightwalker horde, and I had no chance to follow up...I'm really curious about that!

QuezzumplietWed 26-Oct-11 10:14 PM
128 posts
#103821, "Wise old gnome? Hey, I wasn't even middle aged!"
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Wed 26-Oct-11 10:33 PM

But ok, I tried to play wise. To be helpful, to act as a protector of the city and not a destroyer of the forest. To help younger mages get some basic essentials to make it through those tough lower ranks. If you have any more questions about my non-magic pact do ask.

OnewingedangelMon 24-Oct-11 10:23 PM
Member since 22nd Jul 2009
447 posts
#103764, "RE: (CON LOSS) [TRIBUNAL] Jitleph the Grand Master of C..."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Mon 24-Oct-11 10:23 PM

Man, Lastril literally had a breakdown when you died that last time. On a lighter note...

You were very knowledgable from what I could gather, and helped me alot with my sleeks. And I was glad I could at least get detect artifact before you were gone.

You were a big part of Lastril's life, if only the cards weren't stacked against you with the villagers.

Well, great character, and GLWYN!

QuezzumplietWed 26-Oct-11 10:16 PM
128 posts
#103822, "You certainly were Jitleph's best friend."
In response to Reply #1

And this were quite lonely in that regard when you stopped showing up. I'm very glad you came back. You , Mergrim, Llyslia, and Mrreskytee were like my support group for wayward gnome magistrates and I appreciated every interaction with you.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #103763 Previous topic | Next topic