Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Angynn Silverhair the Luminous Lod..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #103659
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 22-Oct-11 09:40 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17196 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103659, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Angynn Silverhair the Luminous Lodestone of Life, Cardinal of the Golden Sun"

Sat Oct 22 21:36:58 2011

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 21st of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Angynn perished, never to return.

Race:half-drow
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:489

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Excellent monk, Maravon (Anonymous), 24-Oct-11 01:19 PM, #40
Reply RE: Excellent monk, Bajula, 24-Oct-11 11:56 PM, #43
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Angynn Silverhair the Luminous..., Illanthos, 23-Oct-11 11:32 PM, #34
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Angynn Silverhair the Luminous..., Bajula, 24-Oct-11 07:53 AM, #37
Reply Dangit! , Hapne (Anonymous), 23-Oct-11 06:26 PM, #32
Reply RE: Dangit! , Bajula, 24-Oct-11 11:55 PM, #42
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Angynn Silverhair the Luminous..., forevernoob, 23-Oct-11 05:18 AM, #7
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Angynn Silverhair the Luminous..., Bajula, 23-Oct-11 03:08 PM, #27
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Angynn Silverhair the Luminous..., Yzxura (Anonymous), 22-Oct-11 11:28 PM, #3
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Angynn Silverhair the Luminous..., Bajula, 24-Oct-11 11:57 PM, #44
Reply Hey sweet title thanks!, Bajula, 22-Oct-11 10:44 PM, #1
     Reply I liked this character., Twist, 22-Oct-11 10:54 PM, #2
     Reply RE: I liked this character., Bajula, 25-Oct-11 12:00 AM, #45
     Reply RE: Hey sweet title thanks!, GoTeamUnderdog (NOT garwern), 23-Oct-11 01:28 AM, #4
     Reply RE: Hey sweet title thanks!, Bajula, 25-Oct-11 12:02 AM, #46
          Reply RE: Hey sweet title thanks!, GoTeamUnderdog (NOT garwern), 25-Oct-11 12:29 AM, #51
     Reply RE: Hey sweet title thanks!, Caerdryn (Anonymous), 23-Oct-11 03:47 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Hey sweet title thanks!, Bajula, 25-Oct-11 12:05 AM, #47
     Reply Here is a goodbye attempt but with few personal GB's, Bajula, 23-Oct-11 04:40 AM, #6
     Reply if you come to pennsic we will have to meet up, Tontik, 23-Oct-11 07:38 AM, #10
     Reply RE: if you come to pennsic we will have to meet up, Bajula, 23-Oct-11 03:06 PM, #26
          Reply RE: if you come to pennsic we will have to meet up, Tontik, 24-Oct-11 02:12 AM, #36
               Reply HEY we could have been pincer brothers, Ganicus (Anonymous), 26-Oct-11 09:23 AM, #53
     Reply At last gone!, xrus (NOT anerus), 23-Oct-11 11:37 AM, #13
     Reply RE: At last gone!, Bajula, 23-Oct-11 01:53 PM, #23
     Reply Hey man, MoetEtChandon, 23-Oct-11 12:46 PM, #14
     Reply RE: Hey man, Bajula, 23-Oct-11 01:52 PM, #22
     Reply RE: Here is a goodbye attempt but with few personal GB'..., Bohvik (Anonymous), 23-Oct-11 01:06 PM, #15
     Reply RE: Here is a goodbye attempt but with few personal GB'..., Bajula, 23-Oct-11 01:51 PM, #21
          Reply RE: Here is a goodbye attempt but with few personal GB'..., Bohvik (Anonymous), 23-Oct-11 02:04 PM, #24
     Reply You were stellar, Argivo (Anonymous), 23-Oct-11 02:54 PM, #25
     Reply RE: You were stellar, Bajula, 23-Oct-11 03:18 PM, #28
          Reply PS. The half drow thing, highbutterfly, 23-Oct-11 04:15 PM, #30
               Reply Hahaha, Bajula, 25-Oct-11 12:10 AM, #49
     Reply RE: Here is a goodbye attempt but with few personal GB'..., Caerdryn (Anonymous), 23-Oct-11 03:44 PM, #29
     Reply RE: Here is a goodbye attempt but with few personal GB'..., Bajula, 23-Oct-11 04:42 PM, #31
     Reply RE: Here is a goodbye attempt but with few personal GB'..., Iunna, 25-Oct-11 06:05 PM, #52
     Reply Interactions were limited, but...., Sugabear (NOT Puhguly), 23-Oct-11 05:17 AM, #8
     Reply RE: Interactions were limited, but...., Bajula, 23-Oct-11 01:43 PM, #20
     Reply I really like your Characters, this one was no exceptio..., Morin (Anonymous), 23-Oct-11 06:31 AM, #9
     Reply RE: I really like your Characters, this one was no exce..., Bajula, 23-Oct-11 01:42 PM, #19
          Reply -1 for reading comprehension for me., Morin (Anonymous), 24-Oct-11 01:28 PM, #41
     Reply RE: Hey sweet title thanks!, Enlilth, 23-Oct-11 07:40 AM, #11
     Reply Exactly, + farewell to Angynn, Explosion (NOT Tzar), 23-Oct-11 09:52 AM, #12
     Reply RE: Exactly, + farewell to Angynn, Bajula, 23-Oct-11 01:24 PM, #16
     Reply Forgot!, Bajula, 23-Oct-11 01:39 PM, #18
     Reply RE: Hey sweet title thanks!, Bajula, 23-Oct-11 01:33 PM, #17
          Reply RE: Hey sweet title thanks!, Thevara (Anonymous), 23-Oct-11 11:17 PM, #
          Reply And you..., Bajula, 25-Oct-11 12:14 AM, #50
          Reply RE: Hey sweet title thanks!, Thevara (Anonymous), 23-Oct-11 11:17 PM, #33
     Reply I -LOVED- Angynn, Vallinane (Anonymous), 24-Oct-11 01:24 AM, #35
          Reply RE: I -LOVED- Angynn, Bajula, 24-Oct-11 08:03 AM, #38
               Reply P.S., Vallinane (Anonymous), 24-Oct-11 09:19 AM, #39
                    Reply RE: P.S., Bajula, 25-Oct-11 12:09 AM, #48

Maravon (Anonymous)Mon 24-Oct-11 01:19 PM
Charter member
#103751, "Excellent monk"
In response to Reply #0

I was very impressed watching you grow into what would later become, a leader.

Your positive attitude did wonders for the Cabal, really good work.

Hope to see you around again!

GLWYN

BajulaMon 24-Oct-11 11:56 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
929 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103767, "RE: Excellent monk"
In response to Reply #40

You were such a beast it was freaky. I always wanted to jump on a gang with us backed by a healer just to see. Not that angynn would ever suggest such a thing. hehe.

IllanthosSun 23-Oct-11 11:32 PM
Member since 14th Oct 2011
274 posts
#103723, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Angynn Silverhair the Luminous..."
In response to Reply #0

Good lord. It seems us forties are dropping like flies.

I could sense this was coming, you seemed more withdrawn over the past few days, and the AFK interruptions seemed to be getting longer and longer.

I had fun interacting with you, and am sorry to see you leave.

BajulaMon 24-Oct-11 07:53 AM
929 posts
#103743, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Angynn Silverhair the Luminous..."
In response to Reply #34

The afk stuff is a wife with a sleep disorder, she sets her alram for a set time and I think I have a couple hours to play, you figure I'd learn. Sometimes she actually sleeps til the alarm, it happens juuuust enough for me to believe I have time.

We DO seem to be dropping like flies, I'm kinda hoping none of that is my fault. In any case, have fun with yours he seems pretty cool.

Hapne (Anonymous)Sun 23-Oct-11 06:26 PM
Charter member
#103714, "Dangit! "
In response to Reply #0

I liked Angynn. When you logged in, I knew there was gonna be someone else that would be badass, but at the same time not be worried about my noobish pk skills.

Good luck with your next man, hopefully it's another fortie while I'm still around.

BajulaMon 24-Oct-11 11:55 PM
929 posts
#103766, "RE: Dangit! "
In response to Reply #32

Hapne was pretty cool man don't sweat it. but no I'll not be back fort or otherwise for a long time to come.

forevernoobSun 23-Oct-11 05:15 AM
Member since 23rd Oct 2011
1 posts
#103667, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Angynn Silverhair the Luminous..."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sun 23-Oct-11 05:18 AM

Iknow I haven't been around as much anymore, but it was always a joy for Silaxen to see you around. You were a true Acolyte, and a good Cardinal. I'm pretty sure it was you that gave me the verbal smack on the head after Mirrou went evil, and then thanked me for coming around so quickly. Acolytes are not the easiest roleplaying cabal in the game and I think you performed admirably. This is my second post on this forum, because everyone hated my one leader, so it should show how much I appreciated your character that I'm here. See you in the fields...

BajulaSun 23-Oct-11 03:08 PM
929 posts
#103692, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Angynn Silverhair the Luminous..."
In response to Reply #7

Wow man thank, dunno what to say. It might have been thwer with mirrou
but it's hard for me to tell and sadly they were so close in personality. I doubt anyone else could tell either except for the names. Hehe.

Yzxura (Anonymous)Sat 22-Oct-11 11:28 PM
Charter member
#103662, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Angynn Silverhair the Luminous..."
In response to Reply #0

No! So many questions I had, and it always felt good to have another monk around, now what am I to do. From what I knew of this character you were very strong but classy at the same time. Ill put up more when I pass. GLWYN

BajulaMon 24-Oct-11 11:57 PM
929 posts
#103768, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Angynn Silverhair the Luminous..."
In response to Reply #3

Awww. You will have it "goin' on" if you can hang on to some con for hero

BajulaSat 22-Oct-11 10:44 PM
929 posts
#103660, "Hey sweet title thanks!"
In response to Reply #0

Know what? For Twist's sake I'm going to write this up in a notepad-like thingy and try to space it out some, maybe even *gasp* typeset.
I really do like you twist I hope you know the stfu thing was because you said I could. The write as I think bit, I just can't help, sorry.
At least you know if I type it I thought it probably even word for word.

So I'll work up some sort of goodbye and come back. For now I want to apologize for what I call a meltdown. I know plenty of folk who have lost it waaaaaay worse. This was the second of mine though eh Ozrek?
and I count 'em as meltdowns and usually worth deleting on the first one, but I liked this guy and kept pushing it.

It was too soon after Thwrerrorip, but hearing all the whiny stuff at dios about empire-o'clock made me want to try a 'pendulum-pusher'.
More on that later. I should go type into a word processor or something.

BBL

TwistSat 22-Oct-11 10:54 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#103661, "I liked this character."
In response to Reply #1

My interactions with you via Tavlin and Amalare definitely were good. I think Brom was irritated by you when I had him around, because you were all like "How can you defend evils in town?" and stuff but that might have been someone else.

A good character, good luck with the next.

BajulaTue 25-Oct-11 12:00 AM
929 posts
#103769, "RE: I liked this character."
In response to Reply #2

I think brom interacted with thwer, but the two personalities were kinda close so it would be easy to mix it up. I mean hell I played them and I don't remember which. I just know Angynn was more accepting of the spire then thwer, probably mainly because of the pact. but pre-pact I don't remember how he acted.

Yours are always classy and give something for the rest of us to strive towards. Keep it up as long as you can stand it man.

GoTeamUnderdog (NOT garwern)Sun 23-Oct-11 01:28 AM
Charter member
In response to Reply #1

You were a good Acolyte and one I liked a decent amount and didn't mind. I'm sorry to see this.

BajulaTue 25-Oct-11 12:02 AM
929 posts
#103770, "RE: Hey sweet title thanks!"
In response to Reply #4

Garwern was sooo maranly unforgiving of things, it was kinda cool but a little bothersome at the same time. Great for RP hooks though.
Even though we disagreed on a few things that kind of friction makes for good play.

GoTeamUnderdog (NOT garwern)Tue 25-Oct-11 12:29 AM
Charter member
In response to Reply #46

Yeah, being and sticking to being a hardass is...hard. The hardest thing is being consistent with it. The you/Ozrek actually had me break that down and get all sappy on you. Glad it didn't rub you the wrong way too hard.

Caerdryn (Anonymous)Sun 23-Oct-11 03:47 AM
Charter member
#103665, "RE: Hey sweet title thanks!"
In response to Reply #1

Man, you are really going to be missed. One of Caerdryn's best friends. You were a reason to keep logging in for me. Hope to see you in the fields again soon.

BajulaTue 25-Oct-11 12:05 AM
929 posts
#103771, "RE: Hey sweet title thanks!"
In response to Reply #5

I could have sworn I replied to this. I always had this wierd son-in-law outlook toward you, but when you got older I couldn't exactly do that. Dude you are awesome. Switch deities and out of fort and STILL truckin'? Holy crap kudos to you!!

BajulaSun 23-Oct-11 04:40 AM
929 posts
#103666, "Here is a goodbye attempt but with few personal GB's"
In response to Reply #1

Okay let’s see I was going to take a break and come back evil after Thwer. Then I saw all the griping about empire o’clock and my thought was don’t gripe DO something. I thought about all the characters who could “push the pedulum” to swing the other way and decided I didn’t really have to be a bad ass to do it. (Cue night rider music) One man can make a difference. J All you need is a lobotomy and a pair of tights, no wait that wasn’t it. You needed to be able to get your item back fairly quickly against decent odds and I sure have practice at that with whatever class. Hehe. You also needed to be able to suck up a death or three and not let it phase you. Normally I’m pretty good at this. So long as I have coffee and cigs nearby.
So I'm starting my process to force the swing, There are always some die hards who will play the same cabal, and some people who will purposely play the underdog and I was counting on them, and just intending to give them a starting point. Once people get the feeling that all of the fort won't log off during empire o'clock then you start pushing harder. I was expecting it to take about a hundred more hours than it did and a ton of con, but the failed coup did my work for me. I'd have pulled it off in the end by the way.
So THEN I see people almost immediately complain about fort. Seriously? That's pathetic. Roll someone to change it. I hear complaints about evil tribbys most of my CF career they finally cut a deal to get evil out of the spire and people bitch? You can't catch a guy out of town? Can't utilize him hiding in a town to your advantage? Come on. I knew it couldn't last but from a light vs. dark standpoint that was awesome! It was a VERY short time before that where trib was viewed as just another imperial sect, is that the way you guys wanted it? All that stuff pushing against, and playing the loophole is making it that way again, way to go.

I wanted to make a Padwei follower since she was awesome as a character, I thought I had some idea of her personality and thanks to Thuorn a vague idea on how to pull it off, or so I thought. I was kind of expecting to get acolyte, thought MAYBE since I passed on it with thwer try a leader, but I figured that was unlikely. I’d go for a virtue and felt confident that I’d get one but iffy on two. I knew I couldn’t be as genuinely nice as thwer for very long so I thought overtly nice/polite but kind of like an Irishman in a bar, there is probably going to be a fight, but if the cops don’t arrest him he’ll compliment you on your right hook and buy you a drink. I took a cue from falling skies noah wylie too, hehe That show was winding down it’s season near the time I was rolling this guy and I thought the by-play between the two ‘leaders’ was so fort-like. I picked monk because I hadn’t tried one and I decided to save the polearm one for later.

I intended to have a cooler head and be less hasty than thwer, more thoughtful and less active. I think I pulled that off, but I also meant to be one part D&D paladin and one part old martial arts movie monk WTF is it with autocorrect?!?! It kept making it shoaling hehe it still is.. So a shoaling monk is a fisherman eh? He punches them out of the water one part chuck Norris one part bear!

So anyway a poor role showing on my part, but I have to be honest they are getting worse and worse from me. I only do them in game and it’s hard to spam where while writing a role entry and well I’ve just been wanting to play more than write a story. My bad.

I was supposed to write the book of angynn and never got around to it. J Filled with dinky sayings that only made sense if you made the assumption that the person quoted was actually wise. You can lead a horse to water but that doesn’t make him a duck, that sort of thing. And within it compile a list of analogies of the fortress sword and shield model. That's IT I'm finding that autocorrect crap and turning it off angynn=angina ?!?!?! Okay where was I?

Early life= Monks are not meat shields monks are meat.

middle life= Gave up on my attempt to do the dinky sayings. Real life got in the way with something cool I was accepted as a student to Master Ariklee Wolf of the SCA, a couple of you might have a clue about how nifty that is, for the rest of you it's like being inducted into the fort as a squire hehe. So I have to step up my fighting go to more practices and events, he bought the leather for a baldric I was supposed to go get measured so we can make it fit right for an official ceremony etc... and then...

Later life= RL part first his wife gets into a car accident, she's pretty much fine, but in the x-ray they find tumors. Yeah cancer. she's finishing up radiation .. wow tomorrow actually. Which is fighter practice here which is why I'm almost never online monday nights. So anyway my wife is off work for a couple of weeks during all this and in my face constantly. Hell I really think she works for the scion. When I played the orc and was still evil it was all good, I try to go good and for that character and the next two she'd draw me away over some meaningless thing. Not that she couldn't get an answer but that I had to walk over and look, at her, at whatever she was looking up online, at a book, whatever. She won't stop til she sees you physically look too. Even if she is talking about a commercial that you have already seen. *groan* anyway she pulls me away to die afk to scions, once in a blue moon empire, but almost always scions. It's freaky. Well there was that time Twist let me off the hook in evermoon, but I was going to the bathroom, had it been my wife distracting me a signal would have gone out somewhere and he'd have killed me I'm sure of it.
The other thing she managed was EVERY and I mean EVERY time I got to talk to Padwei she was wanting to go shopping or wanting me to cook. I don't normally mind that, she's an awesome cook, and it's rare for people to make so much from scratch these days (Yes she's giving me a bit of a tummy and I'm okay with that, she bakes almost as good as my grandmother and makes candy on top of it, shoot you can't really beat that) so if she wants a break from cooking I don't mind, though I'm closer to a short-order cook at denny's
So about the time I find out our friend has cancer was when I had my first semi-meltdown. It started as a response to a 'secret' trashtalking of newbish behavior, so I thought I'd make a point. Now I WAS mad that the vampire made it where I didn't get to kill the green dragon, and so instead of just going with the point I meant to make I said forget it I should just delete. Later I caught that I was reacting to a pile of things that were outside of all this, and it was unfair to take it out on people in the game. Stick it out man you can do it.
I sorted myself out as best I could and trudged on. I was saving a train for when things got really ugly con-wise. I was thinking on WHEN to ask for a con quest. I was looking at dragging this guy out for as long as I could. I decided after thwer I was simply NOT going to delete. I was going to make it to an age death this time... epic fail.

Let's see, Padwei I know I asked about wearing your mark kinda early on and would occasionally hint later that it was what I was looking towards, but I never expected it. So of course when I realized you were sliding into a more religious talk I went daffy again, I really just had no Idea what to say. VERY cool tat by the way and I'm TRULY sorry that I failed to do what I implied about not deleting.

Sidenote: I screwed up on a couple of earlier death threads My apologies to Baerinika: Volubryotr had her tat I can't believe I had forgotten that. So I had had one before. Thanks for talking me down after flipping out at the end but the dios log just cinched it to delete instead of continue.

Tzaritzawah (who by all rights should have an extra pk on his record.) Sorry man, it was just a bad day. No coffee in the house and weird spazztic lag at just the WRONG moments. I was kicking myself for mistiming attacking you and stepping north a bit too much, and felt like screaming this is BS I was mad at me man not you. You had me cold and we both know it, and that's cool good on you. I assumed I'd stay attackable long enough for you to kill me, and maybe I'd log back in in a couple of days and regear. Then I decided to log back in to write a note to padwei, and 3/4 contemplating deletion okay maybe 7/8 ...found out I hadn't been killed so now I'm just an ass. I don't know how raybaer does it, but every time she prods a character of mine to do or not do something she just pulls it off with ease. Maybe practice from manipulating nep into extra chores around the house??? So she talks me off the ledge, with EASE no less. Then the truly hilarious log, and the mouthy brat speculation that I just could NOT bring myself to let pass. I pretty much couldn't have gone on and pretended it didn't happen anyway but I had been trying to think of a way to do just that.

Now about monks I've already forgotten basic monkish things, but cardinal monk with temperance and hope is like a swiss freakin' army knife. Whatever you need is there, just a problem of guessing which little tool to flip out. Oops shoulda brought out the screwdriver for this one, etc... OMG On days that I had my focus I could do almost anything. It was sick sometimes. I'd get bitched at for sitting someplace dangerous and not moving for a while, but it turns out with the right combo of things going on and depending on who you were going to be facing it worked out pretty well. So I'd do it on purpose, then I'd get cocky and guess wrong more react too slowly and die and that was the best thing for me. Hehe whenever I got to feeling like deleting I'd get my ass whipped and come back right as rain. Maybe that's just a me thing, if I go too long without dying I get... wierd, and take bigger risks, and if that doesn't work I'll just be outright stupid.
Advice for other monks... Let's see I'm not good with gear, and I never got my damage roll up where I wanted it. I think the highest I ever had was 49 and that was with frenzy call to arms transcend and all that sort of thing up, but I think you people who can really pile it on can do some sick sick things with a high damage roll. The other way to go would be mana regen things. I steered clear of the more typical progged things people complain about like the prayer beads... though that would have been kinda scary.
OH! when I did the half-drow thing I finally realized exactly how much gear I normally request for a goodie character is mithril! holy crap it's crazy. Hehe. So here's my advice prayerbeads thin silver bracelets helm of brilliance and whatever you like for the rest now go to town.

For Zenze's info: Porcupine. You get so used to carrying no weapons... I intensified oh phaeriss was that it?
as a proc and it was over before I could blink.

Wow as for the rest, so many people... Where do I start?

So many awesome people. Even the 'bad guys'. I've always been more of a supporting cast kinda guy and I just accept that as my 'role' when I play CF. I'll make tidbit overtures and the more you play off it the more I'll expand it.

I think I lost the least items through looting with this character than any one before. I started a policy of returning weapons I had snatched (Yes even to imperials) I forgot a couple of times, mainly if I took a weapon in a group fight there was just too much spam to notice it, and I never knew I held it until I looked in my inventory. Hehe.

Okay the more I try to think of individual goodbyes the more lost I get in the 8 bajullion characters I interacted with. For those who had been looking forward to more, I blew it and I'm sorry to have let you down. I had very little 'nice guy' left in me anyway, so maybe it's for the best.
I guess post something if you want and I will reply.

TontikSun 23-Oct-11 07:38 AM
Member since 27th Aug 2011
104 posts
#103670, "if you come to pennsic we will have to meet up"
In response to Reply #6

I think the last time i got beat up by master wolf I was wearing the crown in Merides (when it still held lousiana, before they created glenn abhann) man that gulf wars was totally awesome and retardly hot. So yeah I know how the SCA can jack with your play times, but guess you have to be in the SCA to really accept it and know how it feels to come home and play after a weekend event or long fighter practice. But seriously seemed like a decent char and that was fun the one time we went explorin.

(duke) tontik (currently of the middle kingdom)

p.s. you really want to jack up a char try and be war king at pennsic and play on telnet on the worst internet in history to keep your char from auto'ing and losing all your gear while you are gone for 2 weeks.

BajulaSun 23-Oct-11 03:06 PM
929 posts
#103691, "RE: if you come to pennsic we will have to meet up"
In response to Reply #10

Hehehe I don't go to the wars, although they are working on my psych issue with it. I was in a prison in texas that had a bunch of riots and whenever I am NEAR a shield wall I get... Well I'm figuring it's some variant of ptsd, I'm afraid I'd go berserk and life or death on people. So I stick to one on one fights... for now. IF it ever looks like I'll be going to pennsic though, I'll definitely try to get ahold of you beforehand if nothing else for a BSing and maybe a drink. Next time you are facing wolf, when he does that snake-wiggle with his upper body (it's semi-subtle but noticeable) he'll probably go for your swordside leg, his left sword strikes about half a second later than his right. So assuming you are right handed kick your shield over to cover your leg and the moment you feel impact swing for an offside head, and at the same time kick the bottom of the shield back over to cover your left leg. (learned from countless bruises to my legs) It'll only work once, but hey once it all it takes sometimes eh? Though at a war just have some archers take him down. It's safer that way.

Hehe I wouldn't even attempt to play from an event but especially not pennsic. Events are my 'play' times and I'm usually ferschnokkered in the evenings and insanely busy the rest of the time.

Angynn felt he had kind of a good thing with Tontik. I thought the passings on eastern were best, each chasing 'bad guys' sometimes the same guy a nod, wave or how ya doin? as we move after the 'villain'.
Loved the imperials at the village walls though. Poor vinq.
Keep it up though Tontik is a great villager.

TontikMon 24-Oct-11 02:12 AM
Member since 27th Aug 2011
104 posts
#103736, "RE: if you come to pennsic we will have to meet up"
In response to Reply #26

i dont even fight at pensic anymore (unless for some god awful reason i try and win crown again but I think twice is enough for anyone to ever want to put themselves through that punishment.) its more about the parties and just hanging out in garb for 2 weeks. Also there is a huge amount of 1 on 1 stuff going on all the time (unbelted tourneys, full plate tourneys, tu-chux tourneys) and also normally there is always a bear pit, pickup fight going on most of the time. Its a good place to fight a huge amount of styles in a few days (no idea how big your shire or whatever is, or how many people you have at a fighter practice) but everyone should do war atleast once, even if you are form texas and it is probably like a 50 hour drive or something, oh well i will stop hijacking your thread with sca crap.

Ganicus (Anonymous)Wed 26-Oct-11 09:23 AM
Charter member
#103815, "HEY we could have been pincer brothers"
In response to Reply #36

I did Pennsic a few years ago. A buddy of mine was with the SCA and I got certified and tagged along (the kingdom of Aethelmark more or less disowned the two of us because the Tuchux were recruiting me)

anyways I saw this story and these posts and it made me miss running around with a poleaxe bopping people on the head.

http://news.yahoo.com/man-forces-daughter-fight-swords-medieval-garb-223308257.html

xrus (NOT anerus)Sun 23-Oct-11 11:37 AM
Charter member
In response to Reply #6

After becoming hero and getting somehow good stuff and facing Tzar, I found out that it's not stuff, nor heroism that makes you a hero! I'm still too much of a newbie! Then I decided to play a maran differently, if I can't kill them all, I can help other marans do so, and I got the choice too (thanks to the jaguar!).

Then it was this thinking that Anerus can somehow match Angynn in healing/supporting skills and might be able to defeat him in that (not completely true, but Anerus had some skills there). But what now!? Angyn's gone!? what should Anerus do? I'm not even a scribe to fill your role! (joke!)

BajulaSun 23-Oct-11 01:53 PM
929 posts
#103685, "RE: At last gone!"
In response to Reply #13

Anerus should go forth and make evil reap the whirlwind man, that's what.

MoetEtChandonSun 23-Oct-11 12:46 PM
Member since 26th Jul 2010
293 posts
#103675, "Hey man"
In response to Reply #6

Sounds like you have other things on your head than CF right now, so it's indeed best to give that priority. Much luck with all that.

I'm glad you gave Padwei a try, I tried to involve you with our talks, because I thought that would work out really well.

After two EPs I should roll something up to take your place, haven't been Cardinal yet (joke).

See you around!

- Thuorn, Illiandar

BajulaSun 23-Oct-11 01:52 PM
929 posts
#103684, "RE: Hey man"
In response to Reply #14

It DID work out really well, I just blew it.

Bohvik (Anonymous)Sun 23-Oct-11 01:06 PM
Charter member
#103676, "RE: Here is a goodbye attempt but with few personal GB'..."
In response to Reply #6

Angynn was awesome, when OOC stuff wasn't leaking in. Keep a lid on it We're all adults and understand real life and don't need hints at your OOC life to excuse you if you have to run out or drop link on us. It happens - and so does rage. It's all recoverable from. Be cool, brother!

In other news - Angynn was fun to interact with; I liked my interview(s) and the one or two interviews we did together. I very much enjoyed how Angynn didn't seem to understand Bohvik roughly half of the time, but was willing to just roll with it and laugh. Good times - much was learnt. GLWYN!

BajulaSun 23-Oct-11 01:51 PM
929 posts
#103683, "RE: Here is a goodbye attempt but with few personal GB'..."
In response to Reply #15

Cool man, but it's not quite true I wish it was. I've tried characters during my wife's 'pay attention to me' times and many people do not accept ot do not understand and get a little... Hrm... what's the polite way to say it? NM I've just noticed that while it is annoying to do for the people who 'count' (The players who really immerse themselves and MAKE the game) it's detrimental within your own cabal NOT to. So it's that or just not play unless I am 100% positive I won't have to log out sudden-like. Which with 4 kids and a wife that needs attention like one of the kids is never gonna happen.

Hehe 90% I AM willing to just roll with whatever and laugh.
Even dying, generally I'm like wow that was just plain good.
Bohvik is awesome all around by the way, and a better acolyte than I was.

Bohvik (Anonymous)Sun 23-Oct-11 02:04 PM
Charter member
#103686, "RE: Here is a goodbye attempt but with few personal GB'..."
In response to Reply #21

Thanks for the compliment. But definitely don't knock yourself - there was a lot Angynn said and did that made Bohvik think "that's the Acolyte I need to be."

Argivo (Anonymous)Sun 23-Oct-11 02:54 PM
Charter member
#103688, "You were stellar"
In response to Reply #6

Your Roleplay was stellar, and for that alone Angynn was an awesome game changing character. That fact you could really PK too made you into a real force for good. When times were getting tough for you, Argivo told you "You personify the ideals of the Fortress to me." I meant it then and now, ICly and OOCly. Especially since the emeritus marshall and captain deleted within a day of each other right after I applied, you basically were the Fortress to me for a long stretch of time while I was a pledge. I'm sorry we never got a chance to actually hang out/fight together when I got into hero range.

You played a huge pivotal role in Argivo's life--more on that when he's dead.

BajulaSun 23-Oct-11 03:18 PM
929 posts
#103695, "RE: You were stellar"
In response to Reply #25

Woah, hold on there. Angynn never meant to kill anyone. Okay occasionally the player would try a little harder than others...
Argivo kept me going when I was depressed IRL so good on YOU man.

highbutterflySun 23-Oct-11 04:15 PM
Member since 24th Aug 2011
364 posts
#103700, "PS. The half drow thing"
In response to Reply #28

I'm really sorry for the being the fourth person to tell you I just assumed all half-drow were evil, rapacious dudes, when you're standing there as the Half-Drow Cardinal. HAHAHAHAH. You handled that with great style

BajulaTue 25-Oct-11 12:10 AM
929 posts
#103774, "Hahaha"
In response to Reply #30

Totally forgot about that! I can't remember how many times that
sort of thing happened or more often someone would be talking to me
assuming I was a dwarf. *rofl*

Caerdryn (Anonymous)Sun 23-Oct-11 03:44 PM
Charter member
#103697, "RE: Here is a goodbye attempt but with few personal GB'..."
In response to Reply #6

Holy ####, that was a lot of 'stormy thoughts'. I had no idea it was so bad when you kept 'meditating'.

You're a saint.

You always helped me work through some of the toughest times in Caerdryn's life, roleplay wise, when I the player was contemplating deletion. I wish I could have returned the favor right here.

See you on the Road.

BajulaSun 23-Oct-11 04:42 PM
929 posts
#103701, "RE: Here is a goodbye attempt but with few personal GB'..."
In response to Reply #29

Hehe that's nothing I'm keeping most of it to myself *rofl*
Please don't call me a saint though, I get enough of that IRL.
I'm so not even close to that, just paying back into the karma bank.
I'm heavily overdrawn

Caerdryn was very cool though I was hoping for more on the him and Thevara front. I guess it just wasn't to be. You and Eachainn that was rough for me. I never did see a decent way to deal with it.
Sorry I can't be there for you when you need it in the future.

IunnaTue 25-Oct-11 06:04 PM
473 posts
#103810, "RE: Here is a goodbye attempt but with few personal GB'..."
In response to Reply #6
Edited on Tue 25-Oct-11 06:05 PM

Edited: Because apparently I was too lazy to log into my Padwei
account to post this.

You definitely had the worst tendency to go blank any time we
interacted. I'm assuming it's not just me. Thanks for sticking
it out as long as you did, well played all around. Tip for next
time though - cut down on the OOC tells to explain why you fell
asleep and didn't respond after praying at the shrine.

Good luck with life (or CF, if you choose that again)!

Sugabear (NOT Puhguly)Sun 23-Oct-11 05:17 AM
Charter member
#103668, "Interactions were limited, but...."
In response to Reply #1

I was a great fan of your character from what I saw. Imo the perfect Acolyte. Sorry you lost the spark before the "end"

BajulaSun 23-Oct-11 01:43 PM
929 posts
#103682, "RE: Interactions were limited, but...."
In response to Reply #8

Thanks man, what I saw of you, well you just keep it up.

Morin (Anonymous)Sun 23-Oct-11 06:31 AM
Charter member
#103669, "I really like your Characters, this one was no exceptio..."
In response to Reply #1

I really loved our interactions. I wish I could have stuck Morin out more to be able to work some of the things we had going.

I hope your wife is ok man. That's way more important that this stuff. Keep on keepin on, see you in the fields.

BajulaSun 23-Oct-11 01:42 PM
929 posts
#103681, "RE: I really like your Characters, this one was no exce..."
In response to Reply #9

Morin was awesome sause with a cherry on top.

My wife is mostly fine, it's our friend that ... well you know.
So yeah I'm stressed and all, but if it were my wife, I'd have apologized to padwei LONG before this and just deleted back when.

Morin (Anonymous)Mon 24-Oct-11 01:28 PM
Charter member
#103752, "-1 for reading comprehension for me."
In response to Reply #19

Just the same you did great with this one.

EnlilthSun 23-Oct-11 07:40 AM
Member since 20th Jan 2008
187 posts
#103671, "RE: Hey sweet title thanks!"
In response to Reply #1

Just a couple things.

1.) Don't put much stock into what you see on dios.

2.) I didn't know you'd dropped link there. I'd been watching you for a while, I undid the snoop to go grab coffee and because I figured you were going to log out after tzar had killed you and you kept losing link trying to find your stuff. I came back to your cabal ranting. My intent, and this is to tzar's credit, was to give you a chance to cool off IF Tzar was alright with it. Tzar's roleplay dropped there and I kinda felt like as soon as he had you slept he was thinking... "Do I really have to kill this guy again?" I didn't know who you were, but thought enough of the character to give you the opportunity to take a time out, so I transferred you out so you could be talked to when you came back.

I liked the char though, and generally like what you, the player, bring to the table.

-- Try an Enlilth follower today! Enlilth, now with 40% more chewey caramel in every bite. --

Explosion (NOT Tzar)Sun 23-Oct-11 09:52 AM
Charter member
In response to Reply #11
Edited on Sun 23-Oct-11 09:52 AM

I hate to multikill good guys. And Angynn was good.

So I was really sad to kill him again, but had no other choice - he came to raid the palace again and forced me to act. I was very happy when you stepped in and kicked him away. If you wouldn't, I'd probably maledict him and let him teleport (without putting forget).

Angynn: sorry that I had to turn your day into that tormenting inferno. Really liked you, and this curse of radiance is truly a pain. It works even when you are *trying* to cast. For example, if normally you cast sleep on a person and he is not there, you will get message that person is not there. But if you are under that curse, you will be zapped and seriously lagged. This is why this curse totally ruins 'cast sleep Angynn' spamming.

Good luck with your next, and take an oath until it's too late!

BajulaSun 23-Oct-11 01:24 PM
929 posts
#103678, "RE: Exactly, + farewell to Angynn"
In response to Reply #12

I was cursing at the kb and just lost my cool man. Usually it's once per character and generally is early in thier life. That morning just no coffee in the house and no one told me we were low at the time I just couldn't take off and leave to get some. No wonder no one in the house wants to talk to me before cofee. I'm kind of an ass in the mornings.

BajulaSun 23-Oct-11 01:39 PM
929 posts
#103680, "Forgot!"
In response to Reply #12

Know what I did after getting the kids to bed last night? For all the mummy fights in angynn's life I played left4dead2 and turned on cheats, gave myself the desert rifle and a chainsaw unlimited ammo and started making the hordes spawn back to back... killed zombies until I just couldn't take it anymore. over 10000 on the rock stage map. *rofl*
It was ... very refreshing. I feel better now.

BajulaSun 23-Oct-11 01:33 PM
929 posts
#103679, "RE: Hey sweet title thanks!"
In response to Reply #11

1) I assumed the reaction of the playerbase to the accusations and figured even if I came back it was over, know what I mean?

2) Yes that was my 'we gotta get ready to go to bat world, I'll run in one last time and then log off" try. I DID need a time out, and would have taken it too. But see you went to get coffee too! and I had none! I knew I had issues with coffee, but I was unaware of exactly HOW badly it affected my personality if I didn't get any.
I'm down to about 3 pots a day though. So that's something right?

Thanks for the compliments.

Thevara (Anonymous)Sun 23-Oct-11 11:17 PM
Charter member
#103721, "RE: Hey sweet title thanks!"

You told me when you die to remind you about the plans you had for thevara. You indirectly taught me so much and of course the direct route with monk questions and the sort. But I felt as if I followed in your shadows early on and you showed me otherwise just that I needed to step my rp'ing up. I truly loved your character and felt as it it was the epitome of an acolyte. One who was quick to listen rather than speak. And could use soft and wise words to smooth over something but if it came to blazing fist, you could do that just as well. Sorry that so many RL things where getting in your way. And they surely take the toll on everyone. Thanks again
-Thevara

BajulaTue 25-Oct-11 12:14 AM
929 posts
#103775, "And you..."
In response to Reply #0

I was gonna stay off the forums for a while but I saw your post and at the time didn't feel like replying. I just couldn't leave you hagning like that. The specific plans I cannot remember off the top of my head, but it was along the lines of train you as my replacement, while getting you married off to caerdryn, try to be the one to 'give away the bride' so-to-speak and try to manipulate the brigade leaders into getting caer up there too, so there would be a maran/acolyte leader husband and wife team. Epic fail on all counts.
I can't remember the rest. sorry hehe.

Thevara (Anonymous)Sun 23-Oct-11 11:17 PM
Charter member
#103722, "RE: Hey sweet title thanks!"
In response to Reply #17

You told me when you die to remind you about the plans you had for thevara. You indirectly taught me so much and of course the direct route with monk questions and the sort. But I felt as if I followed in your shadows early on and you showed me otherwise just that I needed to step my rp'ing up. I truly loved your character and felt as it it was the epitome of an acolyte. One who was quick to listen rather than speak. And could use soft and wise words to smooth over something but if it came to blazing fist, you could do that just as well. Sorry that so many RL things where getting in your way. And they surely take the toll on everyone. Thanks again
-Thevara

Vallinane (Anonymous)Mon 24-Oct-11 01:14 AM
Charter member
#103735, "I -LOVED- Angynn"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Mon 24-Oct-11 01:24 AM

I interacted him a ton, both with this character and my last one.

I totally KNEW IT WAS YOU, TOO! KNEW IT! KNEW IT KNEW IT KNEW IT. I love you lots, Bajula.

You know what I hate? I hate when an imm goes through all the trouble of rewarding a quality character with a tattoo and a sweet custom title... and then that character goes and deletes the next day. FFFFFUUUU

I appreciate all the help you gave me with gathering gold and equipment, and I was SO hoping we'd have your quality acolyte leader presence to age death. Sadface. Another of the pillars of the Fort, gone.

I'm really sorry that RL seems to be getting you down. For what its worth, Angynn was a great character and a great presence and in my opinion, deserved every reward he got and then some. I think you were a shoe-in for three virtues if you stayed around a bit longer.

BajulaMon 24-Oct-11 08:03 AM
929 posts
#103744, "RE: I -LOVED- Angynn"
In response to Reply #35

I really meant to hang in there man. I am also one of those people
who hates when someone gets all sorts of rewards and then deletes.
I hate BEING one even more. Hehe. I gotta break the trend though.
I didn't think I'd have as much fun with acolytes until I tried one.
It's a little like working in an E.R. boring... boring.. nothing..
nothing... BAM so busy you forget whether you ate or not.
It makes the exciting times stand out all the more.

As for a third virtue, hehe I really don't think angynn would have
earned one. I'm kinda digging the way Padwei does things, though I
probably didn't serserve what I got, mor elike a 'close enough' and
that made me TRY o deserve what I just got. Does that make sense?

You and Eachainn keep hanging in there man. The combo is pretty
spiffy for a captain/marshall thing. Personality AND build-wise.
Have fun!!

Vallinane (Anonymous)Mon 24-Oct-11 09:19 AM
Charter member
#103745, "P.S."
In response to Reply #38

I would have LOVED to get punted off into the distance by Enilith after Tzar gets me slept. Would have laughed so hard.

I don't anyone on dios was ever accusing you of crap. If anything, it's a mark of how quality your character is that Enilith was willing to step in and punt you away and Tzar was willing to let him.

And I never saw anything remotely like an accusation of shady behavior on dios.

There was that funnyone troll, but I have no idea what he was even trying to imply (he's never coherent at the best of times), and it got quickly derailed into a silly Cold War/Putin trollfest that had absolutely nothing to do with Angynn. So don't worry too much about stuff on dios, nobody takes it very seriously.

Except maybe Twist. LOL.

BajulaTue 25-Oct-11 12:09 AM
929 posts
#103773, "RE: P.S."
In response to Reply #39

The accusation was farther down where he posted about booted for dropping link yeah or something and immediately followed it up with claiming it had to have been something I did all the time. blah de blah. No matter over and done with. and no matter how righteous I want to be I DID drop link mid fight, but I assumed he'd finish it before I couldn't be attacked anymore. (or worst case I wake up spelled to the hilt, die and he gets the pk anyway.)

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #103659 Previous topic | Next topic