Subject: "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Zaanzorbarus Gloriatus the Twice-Exp..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #103526
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 19-Oct-11 04:24 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17196 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103526, "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Zaanzorbarus Gloriatus the Twice-Expatriated and Once-Redeemed Crown Prince of Thatos, Imperial War Master"

Wed Oct 19 16:22:43 2011

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 18th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Zaanzorbarus perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:344

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Promises to be Zaan more, and if he do, I'll make him E..., Explosion, 21-Oct-11 03:19 AM, #26
Reply On the Vote and Emperor, The Zaan (Anonymous), 21-Oct-11 09:38 AM, #27
     Reply RE: On the Vote and Emperor, Isildur, 21-Oct-11 10:52 AM, #29
          Reply I believe Farror voted for Cotzibue. (nt), Twist, 21-Oct-11 12:06 PM, #30
Reply We didn't speak much., Jitleph (Anonymous), 19-Oct-11 09:37 PM, #11
Reply The War Master Zaan Prevails!, The Zaan (Anonymous), 19-Oct-11 05:12 PM, #1
     Reply RE: The War Master Zaan Prevails!, Onya (Anonymous), 19-Oct-11 05:56 PM, #2
     Reply Those other things being..., Dallevian, 19-Oct-11 07:21 PM, #5
     Reply Pathetic., Explosion, 20-Oct-11 02:59 AM, #18
     Reply liked what i saw even though it was not much, Tontik, 19-Oct-11 07:13 PM, #3
     Reply Fun character..., Skeeta Twitterlark (Anonymous), 19-Oct-11 07:21 PM, #4
     Reply Thanks, ORB, 19-Oct-11 08:05 PM, #8
     Reply RE: The War Master Zaan Prevails!, GoTeamUnderdog (NOT garwern), 19-Oct-11 07:27 PM, #6
     Reply Winning! *twitch* Epic epic it's like terrets(sp?), Angynn (Anonymous), 19-Oct-11 07:48 PM, #7
     Reply Great character, Valkenar, 19-Oct-11 08:07 PM, #9
     Reply RE: Great character, The Zaan (Anonymous), 19-Oct-11 08:28 PM, #10
     Reply As much as I loved Sivyh and Lohoq, you were my favorit..., Eljassir (Anonymous), 19-Oct-11 11:38 PM, #12
     Reply That. Death., Gurz (Anonymous), 19-Oct-11 11:54 PM, #15
          Reply RE: That. Death., Rhone (Anonymous), 20-Oct-11 01:46 AM, #17
     Reply I really enjoyed the Zaan, Allysia (Anonymous), 19-Oct-11 11:38 PM, #13
     Reply RE: The War Master Zaan Prevails!, Rhone (Anonymous), 19-Oct-11 11:51 PM, #14
     Reply PS, Rhone (Anonymous), 20-Oct-11 04:37 PM, #22
     Reply there were reasons, Zosi (Anonymous), 20-Oct-11 12:13 AM, #16
     Reply RE: The War Master Zaan Prevails!, zenze, 20-Oct-11 04:02 AM, #19
     Reply RE: The War Master Zaan Prevails!, Isildur, 20-Oct-11 08:07 AM, #20
     Reply RE: The War Master Zaan Prevails!, Enlilth, 20-Oct-11 03:03 PM, #21
     Reply RE: The War Master Zaan Prevails!, Onewingedangel, 20-Oct-11 09:58 PM, #24
     Reply He did mention getting into the SW:TOR Beta for a 4day ..., Torak, 20-Oct-11 10:32 PM, #25
     Reply RE: The War Master Zaan Prevails!, The Zaan (Anonymous), 21-Oct-11 09:45 AM, #28
     Reply Excellent character., Varliene Varanien, Marshall of the Fortress (Anonymous), 20-Oct-11 11:16 PM, #23

ExplosionFri 21-Oct-11 03:19 AM
Member since 06th Jul 2011
381 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103624, "Promises to be Zaan more, and if he do, I'll make him E..."
In response to Reply #0

Man, you have a terrible habit to screw yourself
First, anathemized and got everyone else anathemized.
Second, missed the throne.

Lol, i really hope you are not have this habit in RL!

No offense, just looks pretty funny. Probably you shouldn't pick up Charlie Sheen as prototype - you got his behavior too!

The Zaan (Anonymous)Fri 21-Oct-11 09:38 AM
Charter member
#103629, "On the Vote and Emperor"
In response to Reply #26

Lol, actually what happened is they got me Anathema'd. Apparently Lohoq convinced Cotzibue and Farror to call a vote but didn't include me at all which was a fatal mistake on their part. I thought Cotzibue was behind it because they were walking around with spike-toed boots suddenly which to me says they think they are going to have Tactics soon. Sivyh talks me into voting for Lohoq to ruin their plans and keep him in power. Both Cotzibue and Lohoq tell me they are voting for me. When the vote comes Farror doesn't even vote, I vote for Lohoq, Lohoq votes for me, and I think Cotzibue votes for Farror. It fails and the rest is history. They should have just voted me in like they said

With the Emperor thing, I actually could have had it if I wanted it. It's just I just wasn't feeling Zaan for a good while, and logging in felt like a second job. I had an Alt that I had alot more fun playing and with all kinds of new games coming out soon my CF time is going to go down. Yeah I know an Emperor spot is a rare thing, but I thought it was better to delete than to take a spot and then not be around alot and screw over the Empire.

IsildurFri 21-Oct-11 10:52 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103633, "RE: On the Vote and Emperor"
In response to Reply #27

Are you sure Farror didn't vote? I always assumed he voted for Cotz.

FWIW, in case there was any confusion, you were never supposed to be anath'd. That was a misunderstanding between Enlilth and I.

TwistFri 21-Oct-11 12:06 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#103636, "I believe Farror voted for Cotzibue. (nt)"
In response to Reply #29

Jitleph (Anonymous)Wed 19-Oct-11 09:37 PM
Charter member
#103549, "We didn't speak much."
In response to Reply #0

Except when I was assigned to Hamsah. You had an excellent RP style and I particularly liked your wooing of Davarrah. Good stuff. Well done.

The Zaan (Anonymous)Wed 19-Oct-11 05:11 PM
Charter member
#103529, "The War Master Zaan Prevails!"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Wed 19-Oct-11 05:12 PM

The Zaan was an idea inspired by a drug addled Charlie Sheen. What if he took the Blood Oath and joined the Empire. He kind of grew into his own and was one of my favorite char. He was sphere Vanity who thought himself a god, wanted everyone to be a "Fan". Sadly 7 Months is a long time for me to play the same character and especially after the whole Anathema debacle and with Hell closing I lost alot of interest. Was disappointed I didn't get Emperor, but I understand didn't have a ton of hours.

Imms:
Enlilth - Thanks for the reinduct even though losing 700gold in donations and having to get tactics up again sucked. I also appreciated the Emperor talk and it gave me a spark but then I got invited into the Star Wars TOR beta right after and it derailed me again. I figure better to delete then get voted in and be a dead beat Emperor.

Thror- Thanks for the pep talk after I got anathemad it stopped me from deleting right away. Guess I had to make Emperor for that Sapper loving we discussed?

Empire:
Sivyh - A great Emperor in some ways frustrating in others. Overall loved the character but an Emperor who is usually out stalking alone made it kinda boring especially when it was basically just the two of us.
Vinq - An imperial healer is such a game changer, sad to see you tappered off like I did at the end. Also thanks for the gold runs, one day I'm gonna learn that damned place.
Council Crew- Ugh we had the world by the balls pretty much, you guys should have just voted me in.
Maugauth- Those hell trips were awesome, two trips to Satan and never dying once in hell has to be some kind of record. Was really sad you deleted we were so close to really breaking that place open.
Eljassar(sp?)- The Cheetah and a bard were just pimp, enjoyed running with you and all the presents.
New Guys - Good luck sorry to ease out on you, but I think you guys are finally starting to gain some ground.

Fortress:
Garwern - Tough bastard but still acts paladiny. Felt really bad about that whole Hamsah thing.
Gurzgred - Enjoyed our fights another tough bastard
Rhone - Man you were a game changer, enjoyed our giant brawls.
Zaakun and Varliene - Tough and classy thieves, ugh binder thieves were my bane. Always afraid to lose my fiddle. Wish there was an edge against that.
Angynn - Wow a monk pally can hurt with no protections up, you came out of nowhere and killed me before I was out of song lag.
Orthas - Well was going to delete this weekend but you fulling me during that raid sealed the deal, not sure what the hostile responses were about since we didn't interact much - stay classy...

Scion:
You guys were always trying to recruit me, a shame I wanted Emperor so much, probably should have taken you up on it.
Tavlin - I was pretty stoked to have gotten you twice, even though the second time the teleport finished you off. Always classy and loved our banter. I can't believe with all the PWK and Sleeping attempts you only slept me that once.
Obergon - Another class act.
Lisos - Might as well have been a Scion, but that's most scarabs. Hated when you were on because I knew the garotte was coming.

Nexus:
Really hated you guys for most of my life, and will never call centurions again without doing where ten times first because of that gang.
Puhguly - Mispelled your name pug so many times I lost count. Good enemy and the few times we teamed up beat some ass.
Allysia - The only other bard that Zaan was jealous of, wow you've been around a long time. Remember telling you I was going to be Emperor when I was level 15 and you were a hero for a while already.
Zenze - My songs never seemed to work on you, you seemed to avoid me near the end which seemed strange. Wanted my free movment back!

Outlander: Who?
Rasst and Onya - Two super power houses who seem content to never leave camo and polish all the shinies of those who were silly enough to walk into your trap. I don't think you guys tried to raid or retrieve once from Empire in my entire lifetime. Rasst was prepped for Onya and instead got you, damn that is a sick combo you have.
Zosi - I felt like I would have been better off spamming roundhouse for how little my songs landed. I did not get the whole raiding Empire with a dwarf paladin or rescuing a slept paladin behind cents?

Battle -
Tontik - Some good fights, you never got me with that entwine! Muhaha
Nuk - That time I slept four forties in from of the fortress and just as I'm about to whoop some ass you ambushed me, I was soooo pissed. good job

I'm sure I forgot a ton of people. Hit me up andI'll respond.
Next time Emperor for sure!

- ORB

Onya (Anonymous)Wed 19-Oct-11 05:56 PM
Charter member
#103532, "RE: The War Master Zaan Prevails!"
In response to Reply #1

I don't even remember seeing you on but like 4 or 5 times ever, and in some of those times I remember you were in 4 or 5 man imperial gangsquads. Besides, I have other things to do than fight you a bunch of times and make you happy. I don't really see why it should matter to you, but whatever.

P.S. I only remember you raiding the tree once when I was on, ever. And you had either 5 or 6 people with you against me. (I posted it) So the same can be said about you as well.

DallevianWed 19-Oct-11 07:21 PM
1639 posts
#103538, "Those other things being..."
In response to Reply #2

killing the low hanging fruit?

You could have been such an impressive character. I know you're not dead yet but let's be honest...

ExplosionThu 20-Oct-11 02:59 AM
Member since 06th Jul 2011
381 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103568, "Pathetic."
In response to Reply #2

Zaan did fine. He fought alone vs hordes too, after council's fail.

And you? I've seen you only once during last 4 months. That time we fought and after you never ever came close to my character and logged off as soon as you could. Did you ever come alone to retrieve? No. Did you play when there are more than 3 enemies? No. Did you play when there were no other outlanders? No.

So probably problem is not with Zaan? Probably problem with you not playing? Probably problem because you are afraid to lose your precious shinies?

Don't blame others for your own flaws. Bleh on you.

P.S. And I'm not Zaan's fan, I have reasons to dislike him. But blaming him for that is a total ####.

TontikWed 19-Oct-11 07:13 PM
Member since 27th Aug 2011
104 posts
#103536, "liked what i saw even though it was not much"
In response to Reply #1

we only talked a few times and the rest of the time we just stood toe to toe and duked it out, it seemed to just go one way for either of us and never knew who it was gonna be when the fight started....and yeah i always do the entwine (i only missed it on you like 58 times)makes bards nervous hahahah, glwyn

tontik

p.s. come make a villager no silly councils or anything like that to deal with

Skeeta Twitterlark (Anonymous)Wed 19-Oct-11 07:21 PM
Charter member
#103537, "Fun character..."
In response to Reply #1

Herald never makes the "goodbye to all the cabals" list. So sad!

Amusing character! Charlie Sheen! Bwahaha! In retrospect, that is hilarious.

Sorry you never got to host that Coronation Party!

Good luck with your next!

ORBWed 19-Oct-11 08:03 PM
993 posts
#103545, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #4
Edited on Wed 19-Oct-11 08:05 PM

Oh how could I forget Skeeta, loved the gossipy letters. Yeah had big plans for the coronation I think it would have been a blast. I had sent out some notes early in Zaan's life, but after nightmare blade flipping out on me on the other board left a real sour taste and it kept me from doing any more. One thing about the bard is, I'm not the type of person who does poetry or write songs so parody was easier. In fact Sivyh used to drive me nuts because he is apparently really good at it and would come out with all these cool little songs and I'd feel like a jerk because I'm supposed to be the bard. He would even tease me with, sing me a song and I'd be trying to think of something stupid on the fly. Anyway good luck, maybe someone will have a big party yet.

That which does not kill us,
makes us stronger.

GoTeamUnderdog (NOT garwern)Wed 19-Oct-11 07:27 PM
Charter member
#103540, "RE: The War Master Zaan Prevails!"
In response to Reply #1

Very tough. You gave me a lot more trouble than it may have appeared. I never knew how hurt I was whenever that song landed, and I'm notoriously bad about keeping track of my hp when all I see are scratches etc.

RE: Hamsah- That wasn't a big deal. Just took a bit of time to rearm NCR. The humor in it for me was that the freaking guard who jailed me was one I had been fleeing from and leading on all fight, the whole 20 or so minutes we went at it.

All in all very well done, I thought you were a shoe-in for Emperor.

Angynn (Anonymous)Wed 19-Oct-11 07:48 PM
Charter member
#103542, "Winning! *twitch* Epic epic it's like terrets(sp?)"
In response to Reply #1

Hehe I have to say I was kind of a fan. Best of luck with your next.

That time I ran across you guys (I assume resting from the village?)
I poke around those one steps into other areas often and poof there you all were, not ONE of you which is what I was hoping for. IRL was a slow motion 'craaaaaaaaaaaap' as I typed out my holy word alias faster than ever before. Why not run? Dude monk are kinda bad ass in certain situations I figured I could give it a whirl and maybe get one of you, though I was hoping for the warrior who kept escaping me all the time. I was pretty sure I had good odds of getting out alive anyway.

The rest of the time your interactions were always had a little humor in them so I enjoyed it. With the charlie sheen thing though looking back just makes it outright hilarious.

ValkenarWed 19-Oct-11 08:07 PM
1203 posts
#103546, "Great character"
In response to Reply #1

I enjoyed our interactions. I was Nevaelle.

The Zaan (Anonymous)Wed 19-Oct-11 08:28 PM
Charter member
#103547, "RE: Great character"
In response to Reply #9

You gave me a hard time when we were lowbies. When we got older started to hold my own more, definitely enjoyed our back and fourth.

Eljassir (Anonymous)Wed 19-Oct-11 11:38 PM
Charter member
#103554, "As much as I loved Sivyh and Lohoq, you were my favorit..."
In response to Reply #1

It was so satisfying killing Gurzgred and taking some of his phat Tiamat loot in the Palace

Plus, you always had me cracking up. I actually thought to myself you were acting like Charlie Sheen at one point (I think it was right before we started killing ancient dragons), which, in hindsight, is an awesome job on your part.

Cheetah + competant bard was kinda wrong though Running down fools with you having a tuned instrument ready to drop the bomb on people made me feel bad. For a second

Great job. As I said on Dio's, never really interacted with an ORB char but I'm a fan after this one.

Gurz (Anonymous)Wed 19-Oct-11 11:54 PM
Charter member
#103557, "That. Death."
In response to Reply #12

#### that. The freaking death was so frustrating. Zaan popping me with songs, the cheetah pouncing on me over and over again(I think it was close to 10 times in a row), my best suit down the drain. I still have nightmares.

Rhone (Anonymous)Thu 20-Oct-11 01:46 AM
Charter member
#103564, "RE: That. Death."
In response to Reply #15

Heh. You were such a wildman.

I still remember you not being able to flee from the Archmage One of the most funny things I've experienced in CF.

Allysia (Anonymous)Wed 19-Oct-11 11:38 PM
Charter member
#103555, "I really enjoyed the Zaan"
In response to Reply #1

I do remember you telling me that. I always encouraged young bards, and I actually did think you would make emperor. Had no idea Sivyh would live that long, and of couse he hated nexuns so that sort of stifled us doing more together- that and there was a real power house period for empire for a bit there so you were always in power balance wise.

We only had a few scuffles, and a few times together, but two bards in the same group just slaughter people. Especially when your vibratos lag. And I really enjoyed the IC vanity RP (figured it was that or maybe pride), and I have to say, warmaster powers are something I wish I had so many times. Makes me almost wish I had done an imperial bard instead.

Come back some time, characters like that are so memorable and fun. And get that emperor spot for Zaan junior!

And what is scary- if you want to talk been around forever, I think Onya was a hero when I was rank 1. And she does actually kick ass, at least in my humble opinion, she is the only person I would really not want to fight presently.

Rhone (Anonymous)Wed 19-Oct-11 11:51 PM
Charter member
#103556, "RE: The War Master Zaan Prevails!"
In response to Reply #1

Great idea for a character and a good enemy to have. GG!

Rhone (Anonymous)Thu 20-Oct-11 04:37 PM
Charter member
#103595, "PS"
In response to Reply #14

FYI That fuzzy vision song was f'ing brutal to deal with when defending raids as an invoker. I really should have killed one or two of you guys a few times but couldn't pull the trigger to finish when a few of you were clumped together, and I couldn't tell what affects (especially DR) wore off me, how many HP I had left, and how much mana I had left. I burned through tons of rods defending against imperial raiding parties led by you because I'd try to put up barrier or whatever when I already had it going.

And then, when you guys would withdraw and the song wore off, I'd see I was at like 95% health. Such an irritating song. Use that against invokers LOTS with your next bard!

Zosi (Anonymous)Thu 20-Oct-11 12:13 AM
Charter member
#103558, "there were reasons"
In response to Reply #1

Would have liked to talk to you, explained my actions that day; hell, we probably could have been "friends."

Anywho, wood-elf vs. bard song is always going to be a trick, but you were scary in your influence all the same. Good job, good luck with the next.

zenzeThu 20-Oct-11 04:02 AM
Member since 22nd Jul 2011
15 posts
#103569, "RE: The War Master Zaan Prevails!"
In response to Reply #1

I don't think I would avoid you. The only classes I was wary of and tried to avoid were shamans with the rot and thiefs. Darkness just didn't tip I assume. I was hoping for another battle to be honest, but I wasn't going to actively hunt you if balance didn't permit it. Its nice to be evil.

IsildurThu 20-Oct-11 08:07 AM
5969 posts
#103580, "RE: The War Master Zaan Prevails!"
In response to Reply #1

Thumbs up on Zaan. Your role-play was entertaining. Sorry about all the stalking. I guess when my choices are "finding someone and maybe assassinating them" and "running around with someone who can't hide and who will make most enemies immediately quaff" I'm going with the former.

I wasn't always stalking, by the way. Sometimes I was just running around trying to find people. I figured going solo increased the odds of at least one of us finding someone, so it was sort of a wash.

EnlilthThu 20-Oct-11 03:03 PM
Member since 20th Jan 2008
187 posts
#103590, "RE: The War Master Zaan Prevails!"
In response to Reply #1

So I have this idea for a narcissistic empire bard. My first bard, my second or third attempt at Empire. The plan is to only refer to himself in the third person and just possess this god complex almost to a fault. So I roll it, I level up. I run into the Zaan, get promoted ... spend more time with the Zaan and then I think... Damn this dude is pretty tight, maybe I should read his role. Well F me... it's the same char concept. I've already been beaten to it, and the Zaan's player is doing it WAY better than I am. Yup... auto'd my empire bard (lamiam ... Twist called me "Lame I am" but he was pretty much tooling me with Tavlin).

Fast Forward... You start playing something else. The Zaan's time drops, Sivyh age dies, and I think "Hey I wanna make Zaan the Emperor, but damn he hasn't been around" We have our talk, and I flat tell you... If you play the Zaan more you can be Emperor... and you disappear. I really hate seeing this one go. I thoroughly enjoyed the char. Good luck with the next, you've set the bar higher for it that's for sure.

-- Try an Enlilth follower today! Enlilth, now with 40% more chewey caramel in every bite. --

OnewingedangelThu 20-Oct-11 09:58 PM
Member since 22nd Jul 2009
447 posts
#103604, "RE: The War Master Zaan Prevails!"
In response to Reply #21

I always read it as "Lam I am", and I remembered Lam.

TorakThu 20-Oct-11 10:32 PM
Member since 15th Feb 2007
1216 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103606, "He did mention getting into the SW:TOR Beta for a 4day ..."
In response to Reply #21

~

The Zaan (Anonymous)Fri 21-Oct-11 09:45 AM
Charter member
#103631, "RE: The War Master Zaan Prevails!"
In response to Reply #21

That is too funny, I remember Lamiam and heard you talk in the third person and being a little annoyed, didn't know if you were trying to copy me or what. Then I interacted with you and you seemed cool but seemed to be having a rough time of it. Zaan hated most other bards out of jealousy(lesser minstrels) but you grew on him and he was going to make you his right hand man. I was curious why you auto'd but now this explains alot.

Yeah sorry about the Emperor thing, but you were right some characters just fade away. I tried to force myself to get back into him but just wasn't happening and I thought it would be unfair to be a dead beat Emperor. Thanks for the shot at it, and the compliments. My next Emperor attempt will have to be an Enlilth follower.

Varliene Varanien, Marshall of the Fortress (Anonymous)Thu 20-Oct-11 09:24 PM
Charter member
#103603, "Excellent character."
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Thu 20-Oct-11 11:16 PM

Edit: Really people, remember when you edit a post it shows your forum handle.

rofl @ the new name you gave me

Basically, since you were one of the few imperials who would log in and make a go of it despite the terrible odds, I treated you extra nice.

There were even a couple of times I got you garrotted and bound up that you would never have survived if I had called in epic fort gang to summon you to locked room and ####, but I decided to let you slumber on or fight me alone because I didn't feel like ganging your dirty ass down - that'd be #### reward for logging on so much against against bad odds and continuing to be a badass, anyway.

So I think that despite my build countering yours very effectively, I didn't end up really killing you at all or even really participating in the few times you died to one of us. Sadface.

Props to a tough and classy character who wasn't afraid to handle bad odds.

Honestly, when Isildur anathema'd every last one of you, I was like HOLY ####, HE JUST CUT OFF HIS OWN BALLS FOR THE SAKE OF RP. I knew empire would never be the same

Glad you made it back in.

But now that every single one of the anaths are gone, care to give us your side of the story? Did you really single-handedly #### up the vote by refusing to pick someone else to vote for?

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #103526 Previous topic | Next topic