Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Amalare Ali'Rane the Grand Mis..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #103425
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 13-Oct-11 09:16 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17196 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103425, "(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Amalare Ali'Rane the Grand Mistress of Changelings, Acolyte of the Golden Sun"

Thu Oct 13 21:14:28 2011

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 25th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Amalare perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:66

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Ugh. Worst role (for me to play) ever, Twist, 13-Oct-11 09:23 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Ugh. Worst role (for me to play) ever, GoTeamUnderdog (NOT garwern), 13-Oct-11 10:22 PM, #2
     Reply HAR!, Twist, 13-Oct-11 10:40 PM, #3
     Reply You muther...., Angynn (Anonymous), 13-Oct-11 11:53 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Ugh. Worst role (for me to play) ever, Caerdryn (Anonymous), 14-Oct-11 08:41 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Ugh. Worst role (for me to play) ever, Bohvik (Anonymous), 14-Oct-11 10:23 AM, #6
     Reply Sad face., Padwei, 14-Oct-11 12:03 PM, #7
     Reply That's hardcore., DurNominator, 14-Oct-11 12:13 PM, #8
     Reply RE: Ugh. Worst role (for me to play) ever, Illanthos, 14-Oct-11 04:54 PM, #9
     Reply Sad, I had a feeling this was coming., Vallinane (Anonymous), 15-Oct-11 12:07 AM, #10
          Reply LAMMF, Twist, 15-Oct-11 12:41 AM, #11
          Reply When it comes to Aco shifter-, Padwei, 15-Oct-11 02:01 AM, #12

TwistThu 13-Oct-11 09:23 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103426, "Ugh. Worst role (for me to play) ever"
In response to Reply #0

I don't know what I was thinking, rolling up sphere peace air/defense shifter that never killed anything living.

I mean yeah, I needed a break from being murderful Tavlin but that was too much of a shift. I like to RP and all but damn.

Taerg - Awesome kill. It came up as a rage delete but you got me as I was giving away all my stuff. I really shouldn't have come back at you but I figured I'd give you a go before the deletion.

Fortress - Some great, great RP going on in this cabal.

Garwern it was fun being on your side. I know we could have done some great stuff together, what with flyto/cry combining, but keep in mind the only people Amalare really *should* have been attacking were mummies. Or defense of the Fortress. Or other Forties. Meh.

Eachainn you've got some good stuff going on there. Vallinane too. All y'all, it was fun to level LAMMF on Fort choo choo levelin' train.

Bohvik, Bhaeyrn, my main levellin' buds, good luck.

Padwei, thanks for the early Aco'ing. I was planning to shoot for Elder Prophet with this one but I realized there's no way that should go out to a character under like 100 hours unless you've got absolutely no other candidates (and no existing leader) and you have some pretty good candidates and a good leader in Angynn. And I just couldn't see myself playing another 34 hours, let alone giving EP a fair shot, so I decided to bag it early.

I found two of my 3 sleeks with detect artifact and both were on mobs that Amalare couldn't justify killing. Didn't matter. I found nonsleek wands and used them and didn't really notice the lack as air/defense shifter anyway.

A big thanks to all I interacted with - everything was really classy other than lowbie svirf/gnome shifters begging me to kill stuff for them. Especially you, level 5 svirf shifter who asked me to kill the Barrow-warden. Yeesh.

GoTeamUnderdog (NOT garwern)Thu 13-Oct-11 10:22 PM
Charter member
#103430, "RE: Ugh. Worst role (for me to play) ever"
In response to Reply #1

After watching you defend in the late 20's, I think I sent Eachainn a tell along the lines of "That lass is exceptional, ain't she?" and he responded with "Quite."

As a conductor of the Choo Choo lvl train, I prefer passengers to stick around.

Anyway, I was a huge fan of Amalare. Just all around. You were easily one of my favorite forties and grouping with you was a blast because you were light hearted and easy going but I knew when things got real I could count on you and rely on you.

Also. Holy #### did I get you killed last night. I was all gung-ho hunting mode and just assumed that since Amalare was tough and had her head on straight she was easily going to survive. As soon as I typed word I said to myself "Huh, she'll be alright, right? I mean, I know she's taking a lot of damage but she's got komodo, she's fine." Then when you said something I quickly scrolled back and realized the ghoul echo and just sat there and stared at it for a while.

That was supremely error on my part, and you died solely as a result of me being a ####tard. I'm sorry that you had to experience it.

TwistThu 13-Oct-11 10:40 PM
3431 posts
#103431, "HAR!"
In response to Reply #2

That was my first pkloss (and 2nd death overall). When I saw you word I was thinking the same (I'd missed the ghoul echo)...I had passdoor up, an I was just thinking no problem, I'll just flee...

I'll flee...

Why am I not fleeing?!

Definitely didn't cause the deletion though. If anything the whole mummy-not-being-a-living-thing-and-Garwern-is-gungho-to-nuke-it deal was the only thing that kept this character going for a little longer...

I need PK. I can be fine with not having it until hero and a little after while I practice skills and stuff, but the whole point of that skill practice and leveling, to me, is PK.

I could probably have lived with no PK and been an explorer-helper char, but again, the char didn't kill anything living unless it was really a necessity, so "Let's go to dragon lairs!" was like "You guys go ahead!" Meh.

Angynn (Anonymous)Thu 13-Oct-11 11:53 PM
Charter member
#103434, "You muther...."
In response to Reply #1

Dude really... Awesome character as usual. Bastard.
Ask Padwei about the conversation we recently had!
*rofl*
I had plans for you damn you. If you remember that long from
now remind me about that so I can tell you, because I WILL forget.

I have to 100% agree about the lowbie "Kill this for me" crowd.

I had other things to say, but they'll have to wait until I die.
Sooooo....Here.

RL: Apparently I should have logged back in but my wife needed some
stuff. I was about to go on and decided to look at the forums first.
It's how I keep track of which fort character deleted THIS time.
Grrrrr.

Player: All in all a perfect choice really, who would have guessed
after Tavlin? Hahaha. Well I guess I'll see you again relatively soon.
Good luck with the one AFTER the next, 'cause you made baby angynn
cry with killing this one off too soon. NO luck with your next.
So there.

Caerdryn (Anonymous)Fri 14-Oct-11 08:41 AM
Charter member
#103438, "RE: Ugh. Worst role (for me to play) ever"
In response to Reply #1

Holy ####, that was you?

Thanks for the RP...

Bohvik (Anonymous)Fri 14-Oct-11 10:23 AM
Charter member
#103439, "RE: Ugh. Worst role (for me to play) ever"
In response to Reply #1

Good show. Bohvik was stoked to see someone he recommended and spent so much time with be so successful and so good for the cabal. Seeing you get Acolyte before I did was just the icing on the cake.

I especially liked interviewing you - the roleplay withina roleplay with Velack definitely tops the charts of fun interviews. Amalare's roleplay was top-notch - except for the unavoidable whiff of "uncanny valley" that occasionally creeps in when males play female characters.

GLWYN and thanks for the random tips you gave me on a couple of occasions. I'm new at the cabal game so it was definitely appreciated.

PadweiFri 14-Oct-11 12:03 PM
Member since 11th Mar 2009
79 posts
#103442, "Sad face."
In response to Reply #1

Don't tease me like that again! :p

DurNominatorFri 14-Oct-11 12:13 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103443, "That's hardcore."
In response to Reply #1

I did the same with my sphere healing healer, Isadrievien. The original plan was that Isadrievien wouldn't kill anything at all, but then I made up some animosity towards undead in the empowerment interview with Rayihn, which sort of improved the funstick since it gave me something I was able to kill without it being a terrible boohoo. I think healer works better for that kind of role than shifter. You could still stand back and focus on protecting your own. That character of mine didn't go anywhere. I have considered of a role idea for a shifter with same kind of restrictions that you did, but after playing that healer, I know I don't want to do that.

Didn't really know the character. I just had to chime in because of the familiar role idea. Good luck with the next and all.

IllanthosFri 14-Oct-11 04:54 PM
Member since 14th Oct 2011
274 posts
#103445, "RE: Ugh. Worst role (for me to play) ever"
In response to Reply #1

I made an account just to post here.

This is the second time with Illanthos that you had me all excited at the prospect of RP interaction, before deleting before we got deep into it, first with Tavlin, and now with Amalare. Interacting with you was a treat as always; I remember fondly when I ran alongside Khar with my Big Dumb Fire Giant Bash Spec, but that is a story for another thread.

I am also a victim of GnomeShifterBeggars (GSBs), but I suppose that is an occupational hazard of being an Acolyte.

You absolutely saved my bacon during that defense against Zenze. That was a (pleasantly) unexpected role reversal for me, as I'm usually the one doing the saving.

More to come when Illanthos kicks the bucket one day.

Vallinane (Anonymous)Sat 15-Oct-11 12:05 AM
Charter member
#103447, "Sad, I had a feeling this was coming."
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Sat 15-Oct-11 12:07 AM

First hint, Acolyte shifter who doesn't talk very much. Acolytes are allllll about teh RP, and you were a lot less talky than most.

Also, I didn't know about your exact role restrictions but I knew you were a bit more restricted in your decisions than most Forties. Thats part 2 of the problem.

Finally, you had a very effective and truly horribly boring form combo. Lol. In fact, I'm surprised you decided on a shifter at all for a role like that - your only options with something like that would be mad excessive RPing to make up for the boredom of being unable to truly pk or explore effectively, and picking a shifter means you're in form 80% of the time, which further restricts your RP since its SUPER HARD to chat in form.

Long story short: you sort of cut your own funstick off at the root, since you picked a character so horribly restricted in all three major areas of CF: exploration, PK, and RP. Didn't surprise me in the least that you deleted. I tried to draw you out to chat with everyone a bit more, but I think you were already in a funk then.

I -am- surprised that this was Twist though. I knew you were horribly experienced and I probably should have realized something was up with you when you gently corrected me, giving exact details of how lifesense worked, LOL.

Play out something more interesting and rejoin the Fort, man. I feel like its your obligation to help us poor newbies deal with all the mini-Tavlins you've left in your wake

P.S. I just googled LAMMF and I still have no idea what the #### it means.

TwistSat 15-Oct-11 12:41 AM
3431 posts
#103448, "LAMMF"
In response to Reply #10

Like A Mad Mother ####er.

PadweiSat 15-Oct-11 02:01 AM
Member since 11th Mar 2009
79 posts
#103449, "When it comes to Aco shifter-"
In response to Reply #10

Only two things are important:

1) Air form to find your dying Maran ass,
2) Regen form to save it.

Don't underestimate the awesomeness that is def/air Acolyte!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #103425 Previous topic | Next topic