Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Ergow the Grand Master of Artistr..." This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #103258
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 10-Oct-11 02:12 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17196 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103258, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Ergow the Grand Master of Artistry"

Mon Oct 10 14:10:13 2011

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 11th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Ergow perished, never to return.

Race:wood-elf
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:230

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Top

Reply So glad to be back, Rogue, 10-Oct-11 04:53 PM, #1
     Reply I just wanted to kill you every time I saw you., Ozrek (Anonymous), 10-Oct-11 05:03 PM, #2
     Reply Yeah your RP was stellar, Rogue, 10-Oct-11 05:18 PM, #3
     Reply Wow?, Ozrek (Anonymous), 10-Oct-11 05:37 PM, #4
     Reply You're just plain lying, Rogue, 10-Oct-11 06:17 PM, #8
          Reply What are you talking about?, Ozrek (Anonymous), 10-Oct-11 06:35 PM, #11
               Reply No idea what you're talking about. nt, Rogue, 10-Oct-11 06:41 PM, #13
                    Reply Right... nt, Ozrek (Anonymous), 10-Oct-11 06:43 PM, #14
     Reply I think you need a stick that reminds you, Vortex Magus, 10-Oct-11 05:35 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Yeah your RP was stellar, GoTeamUnderdog (NOT garwern), 10-Oct-11 05:56 PM, #6
     Reply Newsflash, Rogue, 10-Oct-11 06:31 PM, #10
     Reply Speaking of RP or a lack thereof..., Twist, 10-Oct-11 06:18 PM, #9
          Reply Ya well few Corrections, Rogue, 10-Oct-11 06:39 PM, #12
               Reply RE: Ya well few Corrections, Twist, 10-Oct-11 08:17 PM, #16
                    Reply Gonna second Twist here, Torak, 10-Oct-11 10:12 PM, #20
                    Reply RE: Gonna second Twist here, Rogue, 10-Oct-11 10:17 PM, #22
                    Reply Um.. so?, Rogue, 10-Oct-11 10:14 PM, #21
                         Reply I think you mis-read what I wrote., Twist, 10-Oct-11 10:52 PM, #23
                              Reply Ok now you hold on, dont start making crap up, Rogue, 11-Oct-11 06:10 AM, #25
                              Reply You're right, Twist, 11-Oct-11 08:07 AM, #34
                              Reply Didn't you delete your OWN char becase of cheating accu..., Rogue, 11-Oct-11 06:25 AM, #27
     Reply I felt very much the same., Vallinane (Anonymous), 10-Oct-11 05:57 PM, #7
          Reply It's not like I fiending in the Fortress, Rogue, 10-Oct-11 06:48 PM, #15
               Reply "Happy go lucky", Anliltuel (Anonymous), 10-Oct-11 08:29 PM, #17
               Reply WTF is wrong with you people?, Rogue, 10-Oct-11 09:29 PM, #18
                    Reply None of that changes the fact.., Java, 11-Oct-11 07:24 AM, #32
               Reply RE: It's not like I fiending in the Fortress, Daevryn, 10-Oct-11 11:08 PM, #24
                    Reply RE: It's not like I fiending in the Fortress, Rogue, 11-Oct-11 07:10 AM, #30
     Reply Welcome Back, Jitleph (Anonymous), 10-Oct-11 09:50 PM, #19
     Reply Oh...someone who's not bitter, Hi!, Rogue, 11-Oct-11 06:19 AM, #26
     Reply RE: So glad to be back, Ilianthia (Anonymous), 11-Oct-11 06:45 AM, #28
          Reply I liked you alot, Rogue, 11-Oct-11 06:56 AM, #29
               Reply I have to disagree with this.., Java, 11-Oct-11 07:17 AM, #31
                    Reply This isn't a discussion thread, Rogue, 11-Oct-11 07:31 AM, #33

RogueMon 10-Oct-11 04:53 PM
Member since 24th Sep 2003
718 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#103270, "So glad to be back"
In response to Reply #0

This character was a lot of fun. I enjoyed most everyone I travelled
with and knew. I tried to offer some excitement, and ease myself
back into cf with a strong comeback character I could utility/explore/pk with and mix it up a bit.

Now I feel like I'm a bit more climatized, I have some other ideas
I want to play out. Ergow was fun, but like I usually do at Hero I
just feel like there's nothing to do, and PK gets hard to find.

Comment and I'll retort! *wiggle*

Ozrek (Anonymous)Mon 10-Oct-11 05:03 PM
Charter member
#103271, "I just wanted to kill you every time I saw you."
In response to Reply #1

Punk.

RogueMon 10-Oct-11 05:18 PM
718 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#103274, "Yeah your RP was stellar"
In response to Reply #2

Elf warrior hunting down the wood-elf outlander. Sure I attacked
your paladin buddy a few times for entering the prosimy and starting a fight with neutrals because he "knew" there was an evil ranger around.

On a serious note, I think you just got frustrated with me that you got killed, and kept gunning for me even after Garwern killed me.

Dude, you attacked and chased me while I was raiding the chasm, and as sissified as I could tell you to stop...

Maybe I don't understand good align, that's why I don't play it.

On a serious note... you need a neutral stick, you and Garwern both play like Imperials if you can find the slightest reason to do so.

Ozrek (Anonymous)Mon 10-Oct-11 05:35 PM
Charter member
#103275, "Wow?"
In response to Reply #3
Edited on Mon 10-Oct-11 05:37 PM

You attacked us multiple times. I didn't "hunt you down" a single time. My first encounter with you was your dumb ass running into market square and singing nocturne to a crowd. I knew right then and there you were just going to be a pain in the ass.

I wasn't frustrated about getting killed in Prosimy. Dying happens all the time.

As far as the Chasm...now this is really confusing, because as I recall I had been fighting the archmage and was resting north of him. Then I see you outside the Chasm. You come in, un-announced, to right where I'm at and I'm positive you tried singing something (since you had tried to engage me in battle every single time we ran across each other), but I had already snuck past you as I was in no condition to fight. You went ahead and dove in on the archmage, so I came back and started fighting him too. You hit me with songs, despite knowing what I was there for. I shrugged it off and even offered to group up with you to take down the Archmage. Your response was to sing me to sleep and maledict me. Thankfully, Garwern came to the rescue.

I honestly don't understand how you got the sequence of events so confused unless you are just lying.

Every interaction I had with you was ugly, and I really thought you were Funnyone. You'd just say some mean, caustic #### and then turn on ignore. It was childish and irritating.

RogueMon 10-Oct-11 06:17 PM
718 posts
#103279, "You're just plain lying"
In response to Reply #4

I dropped the Nightwalker, and told you I was taking the scepter. You and Garwern went on telling me how you don't trust me to hold it. You started initiated arter and hamstring on me. The songs that hit you, were because after I verbally wanred you to leave, you didn't. If you walk into a room where a bard tells you He's got it, and he is actively fighting, guess what? You're gonna get hit with bard songs. You guys chased me through Araile, through the Talshidar mountains, and I escaped on the open sea.

If you don't like my character, which you obviously didn't, COOL, a lot of other people did. You, Garwern, and Vall, three specifically are the "grief" characters I ran into that of all the fighting I was doing, you three just left a sour taste in my mouth. Your fabricated stories confirm even more why I don't like you very much, IC, and apparently OOC now.

I used ignore, because you had nothing to say that was worht listening to.

It's ok you don't like me, but leave my thread for goodbyes, not your lies and poison attitude.

Ozrek (Anonymous)Mon 10-Oct-11 06:35 PM
Charter member
#103282, "What are you talking about?"
In response to Reply #8

Are you sure you aren't getting two different occasions mixed up?

The one I'm talking about was only four or five days ago. You slept my, sang me up at the top of the Chasm while Bromblechup was standing there (he didn't participate), and then Garwern came. I had already been raiding - there was no nightwalker. You kept coming back into the Chasm to cause us trouble after that. We didn't chase you, as I was stuck in that damned illusion song.

What are you smoking?

RogueMon 10-Oct-11 06:41 PM
718 posts
#103284, "No idea what you're talking about. nt"
In response to Reply #11

nt

Ozrek (Anonymous)Mon 10-Oct-11 06:43 PM
Charter member
#103285, "Right... nt"
In response to Reply #13

asf

Vortex MagusMon 10-Oct-11 05:35 PM
Member since 20th Apr 2005
400 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103276, "I think you need a stick that reminds you"
In response to Reply #3

"when I attack someone good-aligned, I suddenly become free game for any goodie who decides to take offense"

Honestly, the only thing I think is weird about good aligns is that they -don't- kill neutrals more freely.

Imperials might not care all that much if you killed their buddy, but Forties should be nursing hard, vicious grudges to attacks on their friends and allies. Protecting other lightwalkers is sort of one of the central tenets of the whole cabal, as I understand it.

As a fortie, I always felt like I was breaking role when I see a neutral guy whose killed my buddies before and we exchange pleasantries and pretend he didn't brutally carve up someone I was sworn to protect a few days ago.

GoTeamUnderdog (NOT garwern)Mon 10-Oct-11 05:56 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #3

I was going to stay out of this, but this is just a horrible representation of our interactions.

I could have killed Ergow numerous times, since you in essence threw yourself at me. Instead of lagging you at all, I would generally blind you, tell you to flee, and spam high damage until you fled(as I try to do with 99% of neutrals who attack me).

The *only* time I went out of my way to hunt you down was when you were with Rasst and openly attacking me with him. It was in the Prosimy, and having made you flee before only to have you run off and heal up before re-entering the fight, I made the call to chase you down and finish you off since bard + Rasst is a lot more deadly than Rasst alone(who is genuinely tough without any outside aid). When you're avidly buffing, healing, and working with evil, you don't get a free pass to flee from the fight and heal up just so you can come back in 2 ticks ready to throw down some more.

To top that off with your boy-calling-wolf RP and your occasional OOC bleed-throughs, it was hard to like you as an enemy(though I can't fault you for Outlander RP, you performed admirably, if annoyingly, in that regard).

RogueMon 10-Oct-11 06:31 PM
718 posts
#103281, "Newsflash"
In response to Reply #6

I wasn't *with* Rasst. Sure we're in the same cabal, but most of the time Outlanders aren't working together Nearly like you appear to think they are. We "outlanders" started collecting in the area because a paladin and elf warrior were approaching and looking for a fight.

What did you expect to happen? I initiated dialogue and told/warned you repeatedly to leave, that the prosimy was not a place you were welcome. IC I felt you were letting your own greedy rightous attitude justify killing anyone that got in your way, so that's how I rolled with it.

Several minutes of warning and dialogue, and you still didn't flee.

You're trying to make it out like I am some neutral that attacks goodies and bitches that goodies attack back. This just wasn't the case.

You put PK Evil above RP Good, trying to get at Rasst, and as a Paladin even, created a situation that was going to force people who normally wouldn't even be involved, to get involved. You even got your elf friend killed, and killed a wood-elf, so an evil ranger could watch from the bushes, Great Paladin decision making. On top of that, you pursued it, and evolved it. Three people from the fort started attacking me withought even saying a word. I at least would warn people to leave, like at the Chasm when I was killing the nightwalker, hit ozrek with a song so he'd flee, and he did, and told him I am taking the scepter.

We had a lot of cool fights, and I'm sure you took it easy on me like you say you did. That's really not the point. The point was I had a blast fighting you, and it wasn't about winning/losing, it was that you were a Paladin Dwarf, and I was an Outlander Wood-elf.

I think you intentionally engineered situations like with Ozrek so you "could" kill me, since you had no way to in reality. But, I'm full of bs and making everything up.

This little fiasco with you two mainly, is the kind of thing that got me to stop playing back in the day though, just the piss-poor attitude, sour-taste Got ya last! mentality.

That's my piece, and honestly, I'm through with you two. We obviously see with different eyes, and that's cool too.

TwistMon 10-Oct-11 06:18 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#103280, "Speaking of RP or a lack thereof..."
In response to Reply #3

What I saw of Ergow (which was relatively limited, admittedly) seemed incredibly like the player bleeding - no, scratch that - hemmorhaging through.

I wasn't a fan. And to hear you call out Ozrek (who was another enemy of my most recent mortal) for a lack of RP is pretty laughable. Using the wiggle emote while attacking everything that moves doesn't count as RP, unless RP stands for Rogue Playstyle.

Just my $.02.

RogueMon 10-Oct-11 06:39 PM
718 posts
#103283, "Ya well few Corrections"
In response to Reply #9

You've already made it apparent you don't care what I have to say, or for how I do things.

I simply attribute your jaded opinion of me in genre with the handfull of folks that share it, and shrug.

1. I used wiggling/fidgeting emotes in 2-3 PK fights, max.

2. I did not attack everything that moves. This was not a bloodthirsty PK character by any means, and I adhered strictly
to Outlander Bard roleplay, and I did it well.

3. I really don't understand why everytime you post something, you have to point out you just recently played it, or a recent mort, or whatever. Newslfash Twist, all due respect BUT you're just another player to me. I don't care what you play, who you play, you have had a piss poor attitude towards me since you came back to CF.

I think your comments are immature, disrespectful, and amazing unbecoming of yourself.

Shame on me for having a good time playing this game. Get over yourself.

TwistMon 10-Oct-11 08:17 PM
3431 posts
#103288, "RE: Ya well few Corrections"
In response to Reply #12

3. Because it is pertinent to the discussion at hand, both times.

As for my attitude toward you, talk about getting over yourself. You've been under my radar and not worth my attention with every other character that I've known was you. I chimed in on this discussion because it was laughable, from my perspective, to see you, as the guy who played Ergow, bagging on Ozrek, Garwern, or Vallinane's RP.

TorakMon 10-Oct-11 10:12 PM
Member since 15th Feb 2007
1216 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103293, "Gonna second Twist here"
In response to Reply #16

I didn't really care for Ergow as Mubs, especially that showdown on Eastern and the 4on1 you guys attempted. After all these years it didn't take much to guess "ya that's probably Rogue". Ozrek and the others were nothing but stand-up players.

RogueMon 10-Oct-11 10:17 PM
718 posts
#103295, "RE: Gonna second Twist here"
In response to Reply #20

4 on 1?

I walked onto the eastern road and that very second noticed you attacking someone that was almost a blood brother IC.

I'm not a villager Torak, I'm an outlander, and you were beating someone up, so we beat you up.

I don't need to prove that I am a capable solo killer, and MOST of the time, I am. Generalizing you know who I am because you got ganged is just retarded, even for you.

RogueMon 10-Oct-11 10:14 PM
718 posts
#103294, "Um.. so?"
In response to Reply #16

So you admit you've had an axe to grind with every character I have had.

You have nothing to input as Tavlin, (Which Zosi and I kicked your ass) and your only input is from your own biased perspective that you have had one me since the beginning of time.

Now it's Imm policy to take pot shots at mortal players? These guys are big kids and don't need a mommy, and I certainly don't need a bitter immortal railroading my goodbye thread.

Now it's in the open, you don't have anything to do with my character outside of the fact that you don't like me.

So move on already.

TwistMon 10-Oct-11 10:52 PM
3431 posts
#103296, "I think you mis-read what I wrote."
In response to Reply #21

>So you admit you've had an axe to grind with every character
>I have had.

I said I've never really had any Rogue-played character on my radar. Good or bad.

>You have nothing to input as Tavlin, (Which Zosi and I kicked
>your ass) and your only input is from your own biased
>perspective that you have had one me since the beginning of
>time.

Plenty more to input as Tavlin. Calling me an ass because I summoned a mob while you were singing to retrieve and out of range, for instance, was spectacular RP. As was dropping link after fleeing and teleporting from me. There's no accusation of cheating with the linkdrop, btw - I realize people have to quit and often don't have time to wait for adrenaline and I was nowhere near you (probably) but combined with the rest (you claiming to have "kicked my ass" with Zosi, IC, to me was nice too) just made me go bleh.

All of which I was going to just shut up about and let you have a nice death thread until you started ragging on some players who actually DO RP...then I felt compelled to call it out.

>Now it's Imm policy to take pot shots at mortal players? These
>guys are big kids and don't need a mommy, and I certainly
>don't need a bitter immortal railroading my goodbye thread.

I made a comment about my observations, just as any other person who interacted with you. If you can't handle that, it's too bad.

>Now it's in the open, you don't have anything to do with my
>character outside of the fact that you don't like me.

I still think you believe I care more about you than I really do, good or ill. Maybe your next character will be something that I see more/better RP out of. Maybe it'll win my RC in November. Who knows?

>So move on already.

Physician, heal thyself.

RogueTue 11-Oct-11 06:10 AM
718 posts
#103302, "Ok now you hold on, dont start making crap up"
In response to Reply #23

Ex-####ing-scuse me??

"Plenty more to input as Tavlin. Calling me an ass because I summoned a mob while you were singing to retrieve and out of range, for instance, was spectacular RP. As was dropping link after fleeing and teleporting from me. There's no accusation of cheating with the linkdrop, btw - I realize people have to quit and often don't have time to wait for adrenaline and I was nowhere near you (probably) but combined with the rest (you claiming to have "kicked my ass" with Zosi, IC, to me was nice too) just made me go bleh."

If you're not accusing me of cheating with a link drop, then why the hell would you just accuse me of a link drop to avoid PK???

Oh comon Twist, I know you don't like me for some reason, but this is ####. I never ####ing dropped link to avoid a PK, especially with Tavlin.

Calling you an ass, is not bad roleplay. My character was calling you an Ass... and I'm the one taking #### too personal?

And guess what, Zosi -- Me, lagged you out, without your army, and you were writhing when you fled and teleported from Talshidar.

That means we kicked your ass. Don't call me a ####ing cheater and accuse me of link dropping because you got tooled by a mediocre player.

I thought it was bad enough you are jumping on a bandwagon and defending people in fact do break RP because they just wanted to PK me... But dude... accusing me of cheating, trying to smear me?

I don't appreciate you calling me a cheater. You owe me an apology.

TwistTue 11-Oct-11 08:07 AM
3431 posts
#103311, "You're right"
In response to Reply #25

I looked back at the log and almost a full 24 ticks pass between the last time Ergow and Tavlin fought and I try to send you a tell and you are linkdead. Plenty of time for you to have simply quit out, so likely it was an emergency linkdrop (my personal favorite is the "my kid is throwing up at 11:30pm linkdrop).

I apologize for bringing up the linkdrop, it had no pertinence for this discussion.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RogueTue 11-Oct-11 06:25 AM
718 posts
#103304, "Didn't you delete your OWN char becase of cheating accu..."
In response to Reply #23

And here you accuse me of dropping link after teleporting from you..Oh but you're not accusing me of cheating!

Twist, don't take this the wrong way, you're a douchebag.

Vallinane (Anonymous)Mon 10-Oct-11 05:57 PM
Charter member
#103278, "I felt very much the same."
In response to Reply #2

If you wanted to be treated as a neutral wood-elf outlander who isn't an enemy, you should act like one.

For example, fiending four forties sitting and chatting in the market square probably wasn't a very good start, even if its perfectly within your RP.

I feel like a lot of neutral characters use their align as a get out of jail free card against forties. I don't think it works like that. If you do something, you should deal with the consequences of your actions.

Though I personally held off from the temptation, after a few incidents like that I'm perfectly okay with Maran attacking you on sight.

RogueMon 10-Oct-11 06:48 PM
718 posts
#103286, "It's not like I fiending in the Fortress"
In response to Reply #7

I'm a chaotic outlander, there was a group in GALADON MS, Some were Nexans that had recently raided, some were Dwarves.

It would have been bad rp NOT to have thrown a fiend in the MS. I then got beat on by every single person there. I was throwing down a HUGE risk to mix up some chaos in Galadon as a chaotic, outlander, drunk, wood-elf.

Why do I feel like there is some crusade like I am a gnome murdershifter... This is sooo not how my character was and
between your little group that has an issue with me and Twist chiming in, a simple good bye thread to a happy go lucky character that I thought was a lot of fun, is just a ####ing witch hunt.

Maybe I need to take another couple years off, you guys are total buzz killers.

Anliltuel (inactive user)Mon 10-Oct-11 08:29 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #15

If your definition of happy-go-lucky is calling someone a "####" and an "ass" when you die to them, your definition is different from mine. I'm not saying your wrong, I'm just saying that your viewpoint and that of other members of the playerbase differ.

RogueMon 10-Oct-11 09:29 PM
718 posts
#103290, "WTF is wrong with you people?"
In response to Reply #17

I got looted like 3 times in 230 hours, I got extremely frustrated, for obvious reasons.

I also called people an ass casually, or used it as an adjective, noun, whatever too. This wasn't anything out of the norm. This is also something I picked up from the same Imm my sphere was dedicated to.

The same people that have a "diff" viewpoint, are the same people in a genre of characters that I don't play, specifically because I dont like those genre of characters players, and EVERY time I have a death post, these are the same people that come out of the wood work like mold to bitch about me.

I'm sorry, the "playerbase" isn't three people that break RP to pursue OOC frustrations with another character they can't kill alone.

There are a lot more people than these three jokes, not including jaded Imms, that thoroughly enjoyed interacting with me, and I likewise with them.

Just because you might have spotted my while watching someone kill me, you're taking my worst moments and dismissing weeks worth of interaction you obviously don't have a clue to.

As a matter of fact, I am sick and tired of defending myself to this "crowd"

It's a shame too, because I wanted to have some nice posts with a lot of those I enjoyed IC, and just the same group of "little people" have to piss in the punch bowl.

JavaTue 11-Oct-11 07:24 AM
Member since 07th Apr 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#103309, "None of that changes the fact.."
In response to Reply #18

That on those three occasions, you displayed poor (if any) roleplay.

The reasons for your going OOC doesn't matter. You did, therefore it is a valid criticism of your character.

From the most part your character was decent, from what I saw. The "wiggle" thing was annoying, but as a serial goodie player, I've learned to tune out that particular emote.

But your character wasn't perfect.

You seem to think that you can criticize other players, but no one should dare say anything negative about your own. By your own admission, you screwed up on at least 3 occasions. The criticism is valid. They are sharing an opinion. If you disagree, then feel free to disagree. But don't go thinking everyone is out to get you. Sometimes, they just don't like your char very much.

DaevrynMon 10-Oct-11 11:08 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#103297, "RE: It's not like I fiending in the Fortress"
In response to Reply #15

>I'm a chaotic outlander, there was a group in GALADON MS,
>Some were Nexans that had recently raided, some were Dwarves.
>
>It would have been bad rp NOT to have thrown a fiend in the
>MS. I then got beat on by every single person there.

I think this is perfectly reasonable for your character.

I also think the Fortguys would have been completely justified in trying to run you out of CON for it. (As long as that running you out of CON didn't take priority over killing evil.)

So, everybody's right?

>I was
>throwing down a HUGE risk to mix up some chaos in Galadon as a
>chaotic, outlander, drunk, wood-elf.

Eh. This doesn't seem that risky to me, honestly -- you have a pretty good chance of throwing the Grand Nocturne before anyone realizes what's going on and after that you might not kill anyone, but it's not too likely that you're going to die either unless you set wimpy 0 and spam 10 apocs.

RogueTue 11-Oct-11 07:10 AM
718 posts
#103307, "RE: It's not like I fiending in the Fortress"
In response to Reply #24

So when I am raiding, and Fort tells me they don't trust me to hold the scepter, and attacks me to chase me away from the chasm, that isn't putting killing a neutral over killing an evil?

Sounds like someone got their butt hurt and just wanted to PK me, so screw the fact that I am raiding the chasm, Fort can run me out and keep the scepter.

Way to be consistent.

Throwing down a fiend in the Market Square, with 4-5 PK's in the Market, Tribunals in town, and I am WANTED, maybe it's not a hell trip for you, but for me (I don't even use flight potions) It was a HUGE risk, and I had potential to lose a lot of gear I couldn't just up and replace. Especially since half of my songs don't work as a ghost.

You guys seem to forget you've been at this game nonstop for twenty years, and stuff that is easy to you, is actually hard to most people.

It's like my professor that thinks voltage division is nothing more than a simple process you should be able to do blindfolded when conducting loop analysis of a circuit with both series and parrallel resistors. Sure, that might sound easy to me, but to most people that sounds like a headache.

"Schmeh, if goodies don't attack you over evil I don't have a problem with it. Schmeh, it wasn't THAT much of a ris (For Nep)

I'm just asking for consistency. Maybe half the Imms are gone, maybe that's why you guys have way more multiple personalities than you used to, maybe that's why the playerbase is a fraction of what it used to be.

If i pulled some of the crap I saw Ozrek and Garwern doing, I would have had an align change, Period. I guess those days are gone.

Jitleph (Anonymous)Mon 10-Oct-11 09:50 PM
Charter member
#103292, "Welcome Back"
In response to Reply #1

I got the impression of Ergow as someone who though committed to his cause decided to follow it on a whim and somehow it just clicked. And hey, why not be wasted the entire time to make it go even smoother. I got the happy go lucky feel though under it was a sense of anger.

You certainly were not afraid to mix it up and I've lost count the times I had you close to death and you'd skip off into the woods, get drunk and heal only to come right back for more. More than once you got me songed up so bad I knew I would have to revert and teleport to get out of dodge or it would get ugly. It seemed as if your competence and confidence grew daily and so you became a greater challenge and a very present one at that. Eventually I changed tactics with the faerie fire and it seemed to keep you away just a bit longer though I never got the kill from it.

Oh, and for the record, so far no one has come close to turning my guards as often as you *mutter*.

GLWYN and keep playing.

--Jitleph

RogueTue 11-Oct-11 06:19 AM
718 posts
#103303, "Oh...someone who's not bitter, Hi!"
In response to Reply #19

Anger? Nah

The character concept was just something I felt I could roll with easy enough without getting too updated about what's changed in CF.

I'm glad you felt like I was a constant presence. I "tried" to keep up on attacking Tribunal whenever I wasn't involved in something else. Especially as I got older, I almost always had the scales and think I logged out once without the fetish.

You likewise, were always willing to mix it up. Soon as I hit the river, here comes Jitleph. Faerie fire was a great idea, it's not gonna stop me from fleeing, but If I don't flee far, you can catch me resting. I didn't use dam redux too often, and that lion would tear me up something fierce.

I liked that we could fight everyday all day long, and you didn't get some chip up your butt about it like "some" people. It was a fun dynamic and I enjoyed duking it out with you.

Thanks for the kind words, it's nice to hear among the swamp of accusations and insults.

-R-

Ilianthia (Anonymous)Tue 11-Oct-11 06:45 AM
Charter member
#103305, "RE: So glad to be back"
In response to Reply #1

You were a competent bard. You might have felt rusty, but I knew you were going to jump out of the airplane and make something happen.

We didn't run together, and we fought beside each other maybe twice, but I didn't foresee the negative feedback you are getting here on the officials. Yes, I groaned when you started a personal war with Nexus, and Il wanted to turn your brain to Crisco when you fiended the Fortress at Market Square, but at some level I expect neutral Outlanders to attack goodies that are getting too comfortable in town, just to keep them on their toes. These complaints struck me as strange, because no one would have thought twice if you had sung Nocturne on a ranking group with dwarves and paladins in it.

Where some saw a shallow role, I saw whimsy, active and engaging. This character struck me as, "I'm here to have fun; come let's play!" and as an ally, you certainly did make things interesting.

RogueTue 11-Oct-11 06:56 AM
718 posts
#103306, "I liked you alot"
In response to Reply #28

A lot of people have a hard time understanding the Outlander dynamic in reference to alignments.

I was glad you made Sunwarden, and took it on myself to make an announcement the moment it happened. I think you have the text book personality that a Sunwarden is expected to have.

Your patience was impressive, and the fact that you stayed out of a lot of fights but were still involved, even more so. Good aligned characters should NEVER be bloodthirsty to kill someone, or actively hunt out non-evil players for vengence or personal gain.

I'm glad you enjoyed the character, I did too.

JavaTue 11-Oct-11 07:17 AM
Member since 07th Apr 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#103308, "I have to disagree with this.."
In response to Reply #29

Good align players should never hunt non-evils for vengeance/personal gain?

It seems like you think a neutral should be able to attack a good character without expecting any sort of reaction at all. That's obviously ridiculous. The motivations of every character aren't as simple as G vs E.

If someone has tried to kill you repeatedly, and tried to murder your friends, it isn't evil (or even non-good) to hunt him down. Remember, this isn't downtown Omaha. This is Carrion Fields.

You can't call the cops and let them take care of things. You can't lock your doors and hope you're forgotten. You're one of the most powerful warriors who has ever lived. You're at war. This guy has repeatedly tried to kill you and stand in the way of your objectives. He is your enemy, by his own choosing. And thus, you, being a guy who wants to win his war and protect his friends, are going to kill him.

No, that doesn't count as "vengeance" or "personal gain", so I guess you were technically correct. But the point you were trying to make is false. By trying to kill a half-dozen good characters in MS (or whatever it was), you gave them all motivation to kill you back. You shouldn't be their top priority (evil always should be), but that doesn't mean they should just forgive and forget either.

If you disagree, that's fine. But what was your last good character again? For someone that wants to put a bunch of restrictions on a huge subset of the playerbase, you sure haven't put them on yourself.

RogueTue 11-Oct-11 07:24 AM
718 posts
#103310, "This isn't a discussion thread"
In response to Reply #31
Edited on Tue 11-Oct-11 07:31 AM

1. This is a battlefield thread, not a gameplay board for you to disagree with a conversation that does not involve you.

2. I didn't fiend a half dozen Fort members at the market. Half
of them were nexus and if I check the logs, they were all fighting
each other at the time.

3. I never killed a good aligned person before the Garwern/Ozrek
hunting party.

4. When blood did get spilled, it's because Fort came to Outlander
looking for it, and verbally could not be persuaded to leave.

5. "If someone has tried to kill you repeatedly, and tried to murder your friends, it isn't evil (or even non-good) to hunt him down. Remember, this isn't downtown Omaha. This is Carrion Fields."

Don't forget this whole thing started, because a good aligned came into my cabal territory, trying to kill my friends. As a neutral I defended my friend, and died in the process.

Fort kept taking it to the next level, not me. Your arguments for why they should be allowed to treat me a certain way, is exactly why they were being treated a certain way.

Aside from the Paladin, I never initiated attacks on anyone in the fort, but I ran almost everytime, screaming Stop the whole time while runnning away.

"If you disagree, that's fine. But what was your last good character again? For someone that wants to put a bunch of restrictions on a huge subset of the playerbase, you sure haven't put them on yourself.
"

This is my first char in a couple years. I had a Paladin empowered by Baerinika, but honestly It was ####ing boring as well, like any good aligned character I've tried to play. It's even worse when I have to interact on a friendly level with asshats like you who play them pretty consistent. Happy?

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #103258 Previous topic | Next topic