Subject: "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Nirilas Skel'cera the Soothsayer, ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #103151
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 05-Oct-11 07:16 AM
Member since 30th Sep 2024
17196 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103151, "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Nirilas Skel'cera the Soothsayer, Adjudicator of the World Below, Provincial Magistrate"

Wed Oct 5 07:15:48 2011

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 5th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Nirilas perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:healer
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:273

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Really enjoyed interacting with you as Alston and even ..., Alston, 06-Oct-11 12:39 PM, #15
Reply :). Read his goodbye, man., TMNS, 06-Oct-11 01:18 PM, #16
Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Nirilas Skel'cera the Soothsay..., Gleebrok (Anonymous), 06-Oct-11 08:47 AM, #14
Reply I enjoyed your character a lot., Kelstrane (Anonymous), 05-Oct-11 04:55 PM, #11
Reply It was a good war, Nuk (Anonymous), 05-Oct-11 01:08 PM, #8
Reply RE: It was a good war, NoobAgain, 05-Oct-11 01:13 PM, #9
Reply Goodbyes, NoobAgain, 05-Oct-11 12:58 PM, #4
Reply Couldn't live with out me? =), Asthiss, 05-Oct-11 02:44 PM, #10
Reply Why?, Jitleph (Anonymous), 05-Oct-11 09:29 PM, #12
Reply Another one bites the dust..., Skeeta Twitterlark (Anonymous), 06-Oct-11 01:57 AM, #13
Reply Awwww Crap, Masardu (Anonymous), 05-Oct-11 12:35 PM, #3
Reply RE: Awwww Crap, NoobAgain, 05-Oct-11 12:59 PM, #5
Reply Interesting guy., Angynn (Anonymous), 05-Oct-11 10:00 AM, #2
Reply Thanks!, NoobAgain, 05-Oct-11 01:04 PM, #6
Reply Damn I was making you my nemesis, Rolas (Anonymous), 05-Oct-11 08:55 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Damn I was making you my nemesis, NoobAgain, 05-Oct-11 01:05 PM, #7

AlstonThu 06-Oct-11 12:39 PM
Member since 07th Sep 2011
858 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103186, "Really enjoyed interacting with you as Alston and even ..."
In response to Reply #0

To me you really came across as a powerful healer. Just curious why you chose arial. I've never seen an arial healer.

TMNSThu 06-Oct-11 01:18 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#103187, ":). Read his goodbye, man."
In response to Reply #15

From his post five posts below yours.

>Nirilas was conceived after I made a post on Dio's asking why there were so few successful arial healers. The response that I got was that human/halfie/elf/drow/wood-elf offered a lot more RP opportunities and that arial RP was not exciting. I Dio's response as challenge and I set out to make Nirilas. I also wanted to try a "custom empowerment" path, so Nirilas came about!<

There you go!

Gleebrok (Anonymous)Thu 06-Oct-11 08:47 AM
Charter member
#103184, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Nirilas Skel'cera the Soothsay..."
In response to Reply #0

Loved you even if you did out empower me Really good role, really well played character, cant believe you only had 273 hours thats insane, although some days I would pray that you or Laeranna(?) or Kalarius or Shaw would log on. When everyone was consistent I'd know that I only had to hold out for another irl hour and one of you would show I tried to keep things interesting for you after I went, coming at you from different with other characters. Trying to get a hook in, so we could go explore one thing or another as I really enjoyed all those adventures we had.

I also liked that you would bring your more current experiences into your rp, and it was weird to hear you talking about Gleebrok weeks after I deleted, but I think added to the whole three dimensional roundedness of character.

May the Bibunal live on!!!! GLWYN

Kelstrane (Anonymous)Wed 05-Oct-11 04:54 PM
Charter member
#103171, "I enjoyed your character a lot."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Wed 05-Oct-11 04:55 PM

Sad we couldn't mess around some more. I particularly liked how you'd come hang around the inn when you had some spare time, sad that you stopped logging on after awhile.

A very distinctive personality and I thought the constant preaching was pretty cool. I also liked your custom description, totally badass.

Nuk (Anonymous)Wed 05-Oct-11 01:08 PM
Charter member
#103166, "It was a good war"
In response to Reply #0

Now it's over, and you leave right after. Damn shame, I actually pushed for you to be made provost, but Im enough of a realist to know marcatis isn't going to unleader someone to stop the war. Don't take it personally, the war was a long time coming, and I've been itching to take the village in directions other commanders haven't taking it. War on unconventional cabals is one of many things I thought was interesting. Your Rp was crisp, interations were solid, and I generally liked your character. Good luck with the next.

NoobAgainWed 05-Oct-11 01:13 PM
Member since 01st Mar 2007
411 posts
#103167, "RE: It was a good war"
In response to Reply #8

Thanks, Nuk. I appreciate it. I'm afraid in some of our interactions, you got the nastier side of Nirilas. I actually reflected on our communications over the course of that one week and decided to scale it down a notch. It was all IC, but probably a bit overboard on my side. I love the ranger Commander! I enjoyed the War. (I was getting a bit protective of the Spire because typically PK skill of a villager > 10x PK skill of a Magistrate.) Cheers!

NoobAgainWed 05-Oct-11 12:58 PM
411 posts
#103162, "Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

Nirilas was conceived after I made a post on Dio's asking why there were so few successful arial healers. The response that I got was that human/halfie/elf/drow/wood-elf offered a lot more RP opportunities and that arial RP was not exciting. I Dio's response as challenge and I set out to make Nirilas. I also wanted to try a "custom empowerment" path, so Nirilas came about!

Nirilas' backstory/background/beliefs were a result of a couple of days worth of casual reading of various creation stories/beliefs - primarily African, but with some influences from the Pacific Islands and Native American philosophy. Nirilas being an arial, Great Raven seemed like a perfect fit. I also wanted to be "over the top" soothsayer in the hopes of generating some attention to the story.

FIRST: Thank you to the immortals for making CF. Reading the posts on Dio's and main website, I realize it may often feel thankless. I assure you there are many out there that are eternally grateful to you for providing this exciting immersive environment, free of charge!

SECOND: I cannot tell who appeared to me as the Great Raven in my dreams, etc., but this interaction was OUTSTANDING. When my heals started saying "Great Raven heals your wounds" and all the other blessings, etc. became linked to Great Raven, it was a triumphant moment for me from the RP standpoint. Thank you for all the rewards, thank you for recognizing my role and thank you for making it fun for me.

THIRD: To the players of CF, I really appreciated all of the interactions. Even with some of the interactions being less pleasant, you allowed Nirilas to flesh out his role and goals and actions. There were too many influential characters to list. If you reply, I will be certain to follow up.

ON TRIBUNAL: I love Tribunal. While some people find it boring, I approach it as a Cabal that encourages an exploration based character.
You MUST have a plan of what to do when things get boring, if you don't - you won't last. Right now, Tribunal is stagnating, I encourage the community to lift it up a bit out of stagnation.

ON EVILS IN TRIBUNAL: I don't know how much is appropriate to reveal (if Marcatis allows me to speak about this, I will give my viewpoint). One thing I'll say is that it is NOT just a pact between Kalarius and the Fortress, it goes way beyond that. It was one of Nirilas' goals to bring evil back into the Spire, but he was not able to accomplish it.

MARCATIS: I love interacting with you. We did not get a chance to interact much, but I knew you were always around. Thanks for everything! (To the commnity - if you have not extensively interacted with Marcatis, you are missing out!)

ULTIMATELY: My goal was to make CF a more fun place with a character that was a bit of an oddball. I tried my hardest not to loot (I felt awful for taking prayer beads from a corpse to identify them, and having the person quit before I could give them back). I tried to be pleasant (within RP reasons) to everyone. And I tried to apply the "Golden Rule" - treat others the way you want to be treated.

THANK YOU ALL!

Nirilas Skel'cera the Soothsayer, Adjudicator of the World Below, Provincial Magistrate

Artenno Maq'tur the Salty Surgeon of the Spire, Corsair of Neltouda, Provost Magistrate

Vythigor the Dedicated Student of Law, Provost Magistrate

(Yes, I love healers and I love Tribunal. I am a horrible PKer and healers give me the RP opportunities and the survivability that I crave!)

AsthissWed 05-Oct-11 02:44 PM
Member since 26th Oct 2004
191 posts
#103168, "Couldn't live with out me? =)"
In response to Reply #4

Most confess I always felt a bit guilty not getting more into what your religion was about. You seemed to have something fun going though. But couldn't rationalize Aje caring even if I was very interested ooc.

Glad you have fun and GLWN

Jitleph (Anonymous)Wed 05-Oct-11 09:29 PM
Charter member
#103174, "Why?"
In response to Reply #4

Reading your message I don't get why you're deleting. Lots of life left, excellent RP and awarded thusly. Bored? It's a real shame you're deleting. Tribs need good people right now and most, it's sad to say, are not around enough, not nearly enough. Liked your RP tons, though it seemed you soothsayed at some awkward times. Almost like a religious tourettes, not that thats a bad thing... BALLS!!!....

--Jitleph

Skeeta Twitterlark (Anonymous)Thu 06-Oct-11 01:57 AM
Charter member
#103181, "Another one bites the dust..."
In response to Reply #4

Excellent roleplaying, although I will admit, the first time I met you I thought you were just another drama queen (Skeeta is a drama queen MAGNET, baby!) However, I was proven wrong and Nirilas proved to be an interesting character to interact with time and time again.

Maybe try out Herald for your next, eh?

Masardu (Anonymous)Wed 05-Oct-11 12:35 PM
Charter member
#103161, "Awwww Crap"
In response to Reply #0

I really liked talking to you. It was fun discussing our religions. I really liked your creativity. Once you became Provincial, I felt you sliding off. I sent a tell few times and didn't get any response. And then you would log off.

Thanks for all your help. GLWYN

NoobAgainWed 05-Oct-11 12:59 PM
411 posts
#103163, "RE: Awwww Crap"
In response to Reply #3

Thank you. Liked our talks! On logging off, our timing ALWAYS seemed to overlap where I was about to log and you were just logging on. Nirilas started getting discouraged after the deletion of Gleebrok/Shaw and failing to find ways to restore balance to the Spire (i.e., bringing in evils).

Angynn (Anonymous)Wed 05-Oct-11 10:00 AM
Charter member
#103160, "Interesting guy."
In response to Reply #0

Never quite trusted you though.
Good luck with the next.

NoobAgainWed 05-Oct-11 01:04 PM
411 posts
#103164, "Thanks!"
In response to Reply #2

I really wanted the Spire to be independent. It was my goal not to get too chummy with the Empire (based on prior feedback I got regarding Vythigor) and at the same time, I did not love the pact between the Spire and the Fortress re evils and though supportive of it, was thinking of ways to change the situation. You were correct not to be fully trusting of me!!!

Rolas (Anonymous)Wed 05-Oct-11 08:55 AM
Charter member
#103155, "Damn I was making you my nemesis"
In response to Reply #0

I added a role entry specifically about you, and how you had to be stopped. Now it's a dead end

Seemed like a deep character, and I enjoyed the talk we had. I thought it was especially funny me talking to you in town while wanted with imperials walking by thinking "why the hell isn't he killing him?"

NoobAgainWed 05-Oct-11 01:05 PM
411 posts
#103165, "RE: Damn I was making you my nemesis"
In response to Reply #1

Thank you! I really enjoyed talking to you and Zosi - before deleting I started thinking - you know, when you like your enemies way more than you like your allies - perhaps it's time to let the guy go!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #103151 Previous topic | Next topic