Subject: "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Ghiran the Grand Mistress of Artist..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #102736
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 26-Sep-11 04:16 PM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17197 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#102736, "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Ghiran the Grand Mistress of Artistry"

Mon Sep 26 16:15:24 2011

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 24th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Ghiran perished, never to return.

Race:wood-elf
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:125

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply well was good while it lasted, Tontik, 26-Sep-11 09:05 PM, #3
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Ghiran the Grand Mistress of Ar..., Pyrox (Anonymous), 26-Sep-11 04:27 PM, #2
Reply Not that fun, Ghiran (Anonymous), 26-Sep-11 04:21 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Not that fun, Angynn (Anonymous), 27-Sep-11 05:52 AM, #4
     Reply RE: Not that fun, Allysia (Anonymous), 27-Sep-11 08:01 AM, #5
     Reply Sorry about the last, Obregon (Anonymous), 27-Sep-11 11:19 AM, #6

TontikMon 26-Sep-11 09:05 PM
Member since 27th Aug 2011
104 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#102749, "well was good while it lasted"
In response to Reply #0

man it was nice to have you around but man were you squishy..... hehehehe, it was really nice to have a bard in the village and as your con death shows you were not afraid to mix it up. I remember you talking about hearing banshees and i was like wtf he has only been hero for a few weeks....but yeah bard defender has to be tough to seal the kills, awesome for support

Pyrox (Anonymous)Mon 26-Sep-11 04:27 PM
Charter member
#102738, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Ghiran the Grand Mistress of Ar..."
In response to Reply #0

Liked Ghiran, you were always super helpful. A shame the village could use a bard with all the bards Nexun has. 3 now? Ouch. Come back to the village soon.

Ghiran (Anonymous)Mon 26-Sep-11 04:21 PM
Charter member
#102737, "Not that fun"
In response to Reply #0

Battle wasn't great, wood-elf sucked(for me), didn't get the edges I were after for whatever reason. Saved up every edge point in the world trying to get Serenade, but didn't work out. Was a hero with 9 con thinking, let's just take edges I'll be able to play with. Took woodsong and the instrument edge, got rewarded warsong by Twist.

That was fun, thank you very much for that Twist! It was a test character and didn't RP or do anything worth mentioning. Sorry for all that interacted with me, I hated playing it and I pushed myself to finish it even though it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Might be 100 pk deaths and 2 pks, lol. It sucked, not my style.

Angynn (Anonymous)Tue 27-Sep-11 05:52 AM
Charter member
#102776, "RE: Not that fun"
In response to Reply #1

Sorry about that last bit, we were at the archmage and obregon was
running about. Then the kids started to fight and I had to log off.
My bad.

Allysia (Anonymous)Tue 27-Sep-11 08:01 AM
Charter member
#102778, "RE: Not that fun"
In response to Reply #1

Edges can play a big part in upping the power of a bard, but generally it's a culmination of a few, not one or two, that make the bards tough. Serenade requires song skill% in tranquil serenade, romantic preffered, and I'm guessing maybe a degree of imm xp you lacked if you had the other two things in place.

Sorry that you did not like the character, village bard is not easy and a few have tried and failed since I have been around. Tough to be the first target in group fights. Especially when people will trip/bash you down. But for what it's worth, you amplified the power of the other villagers immensely, and you were pretty tough yourself.

Obregon (Anonymous)Tue 27-Sep-11 11:19 AM
Charter member
#102811, "Sorry about the last"
In response to Reply #1

I'm actually very glad to hear that you weren't having fun either, and that you didn't try to RP - to know that this lack of RP wasn't intentional and that you were actually that bad would be disheartening for the state of the game.

Battle bards can be quite potent. I haven't played a bard at all since edges or repitoires, so I can't judge you for being ineffective. But I sure have fought a lot of them and there is potential there, albeit a learning curve.

GLWYN - my advice is to find a role that you can get into - it will make any combo more fun.

Obs

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #102736 Previous topic | Next topic