Subject: "(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Ghuanrrak Sandhawk of the Ariall..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #102693
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 24-Sep-11 03:00 PM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17197 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#102693, "(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Ghuanrrak Sandhawk of the Ariallat, Sunwarden of Thar-Eris"

Sat Sep 24 14:57:57 2011

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 24th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Ghuanrrak perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:429

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Sqwaked His last!, Ghuanrrak (Anonymous), 26-Sep-11 04:11 PM, #6
Reply Too bad, Zosi (Anonymous), 26-Sep-11 06:21 PM, #7
Reply Awesome character! You will be missed., Cid (Anonymous), 26-Sep-11 08:39 PM, #8
Reply RE: Sqwaked His last!, Bell (NOT Oryntohr), 27-Sep-11 08:35 AM, #11
Reply Good f'ing Job, Obregon (Anonymous), 27-Sep-11 12:09 PM, #13
Reply Awesome Character.., Irelia, 28-Sep-11 12:56 AM, #14
Reply All you log addicts speak up, Guanrrak (Anonymous), 29-Sep-11 03:45 PM, #15
Reply RE: All you log addicts speak up, Srinteyla (Anonymous), 30-Sep-11 10:13 AM, #21
Reply RE: Sqwaked His last!, Isildur, 29-Sep-11 05:45 PM, #16
     Reply I will double check the logs but , Guanrrak (Anonymous), 29-Sep-11 09:48 PM, #17
          Reply RE: I will double check the logs but , Isildur, 29-Sep-11 09:58 PM, #18
               Reply Confirmed, Ghuanrrak (Anonymous), 30-Sep-11 09:33 AM, #19
                    Reply RE: Confirmed, Isildur, 30-Sep-11 09:37 AM, #20
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Ghuanrrak Sandhawk of the Ar..., Gleebrok (Anonymous), 26-Sep-11 11:42 AM, #4
Reply Sunwardens, blech!, Gabrucin (Anonymous), 26-Sep-11 05:07 AM, #3
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Ghuanrrak Sandhawk of the Ar..., Amaranthe, 25-Sep-11 11:28 AM, #2
Reply 400 hours into the character.. watch him more? , Kadsuane, 26-Sep-11 02:32 PM, #5
Reply who gets obscene rewards pre 50 hours?, Oldril, 26-Sep-11 09:02 PM, #9
     Reply Play close attention to PBFs. , Kadsuane, 27-Sep-11 10:28 AM, #12
Reply No Problem Amaranthe, Ghuanrrak (Anonymous), 26-Sep-11 09:28 PM, #10
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Ghuanrrak Sandhawk of the Ar..., Tontik, 24-Sep-11 09:21 PM, #1

Ghuanrrak (Anonymous)Mon 26-Sep-11 04:09 PM
Charter member
#102735, "Sqwaked His last!"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Mon 26-Sep-11 04:11 PM

Well it was fun, what was supposed to be a small adventure and a bit of distration became too fun. Tonnes of fun interactions, cool fights, and getting on the wrong end of some beatdowns. Don't know why people were suprised to see so many of my corpses, yo macho flaw dudes! I tried to jam into the fray with abandon often it didn't pan out, but sometimes I got some nice kills. Probably around 50/50 on my pkratio, although all Gleebrok's rots put a dent in that!!(Fistshake) Serves my lazy macho ass right for not taking the time to go get a con suit together.
400+ Hours is a long time so bear with me on the solongs:

Eachypeachy - we got friendly later in life. Previously I didn't mingle with the forties, as they had paladin's for Captains, but I enjoyed our little adventures. Kudo's on Captain.

Nightreavers branch - seems you all had the opinion that I wouldn't fight or raid, but dudes just not with you lot. I was probably nicer to some of you than I should have been, but tried to not make things easy as best I could.

Harbingers branch - Mostly a good crowd except for those who were attached at the hip with the nightreaver branch - bleh!

Sunwarden's branch - some came and went, with little fanfare. Think the few newer ones have some potential.

Scions:
Obregonna flyto just when you least want me to. Either I would be ready and you'd fly off or you'd catch me with my tail-feathers exposed.

Tavlin - The Zombies I could handle, your spells just took me apart.

Orcsies! - Had some great orc battles, definitely some skill orc players these days. I definitely had the build to deal with most orcs though.

Battle - had some passing conversations with a few, stabbed some evils along the way.

Nexus - didn't trust any of them

Empire - Were never really a heavy presence in my time slot. Slyvh pulverized me once when I was totally out of preps and I think I tangled with him one more time after. I died to Kosh and the healer because I was to macho/stubburn to back off. Damn you failed stabs!

Last death came to random neutral fly-to shifter #2998109873 who caught me after Spire raid carrying the scales. I did one step from the forest and safety. Such was life.

To the others who travelled, fought, bantered or dispised me. So long. Was fun. I thought I had a decent role that I stuck to diligently, but not sure the Imms 'got it'. Got the impression they thought I killed goodies too often, but I never killed one who didn't start the fight. Even when I did there was RP around it. I carried a sack of Gleebrok for ages with a skin of the orc Chief. Guanrrak carried it not as a trophy (which the sad spirit talked about in my one Immteraction outside of leadership) but as a reminder of what he was forced to do and that even inside something good can be something evil. While Ghuanrrak was good he was a barbarian and used to fighting for his life and too macho to back down.

Anway. I still after all these years, love this game and get a rush playing it.
I have Guanrrak's whole life (even the totally tedious bits) logged so pipe up if there are fights you want to see.

Zosi (Anonymous)Mon 26-Sep-11 06:21 PM
Charter member
#102744, "Too bad"
In response to Reply #6

Our times didn't mesh much (not with the other guy either, go figure), but I was always glad to have someone I could send secret messages to... um, without tell. But, fwiw, I think you rocked, and despite dismal pledge activity, you kept your branch strong as could be expected.

As for warden/bringer/reaver interaction, suffice to say that at I almost expect each and every one of us to hate each other intensely at some point. We have a lot of leeway in our cabal rules for a reason

All in all, a life at the top of the outcast heap is really, really (really) tedious at times, but anyone who can work it for so long is a goddamn hero in my eyes. Good luck with the next.

Cid (Anonymous)Mon 26-Sep-11 08:39 PM
Charter member
#102747, "Awesome character! You will be missed."
In response to Reply #6

We had some great times together. I was beginning to wonder how much life you had left. Keep on trucking, good luck with the next one!

Bell (NOT Oryntohr)Tue 27-Sep-11 08:35 AM
Charter member
In response to Reply #6

Really enjoyed Guarn, only wish our playtimes would have matched a little better. GLWYN

Obregon (Anonymous)Tue 27-Sep-11 12:09 PM
Charter member
#102820, "Good f'ing Job"
In response to Reply #6

You were a damn strong dagger spec (and yes some are better than others), and knew how to mess me up, so there was always a risk in fighting you.

We didn't get to RP much, but I tried to show you respect, and you did the same to me. So well done sir.

IreliaWed 28-Sep-11 12:56 AM
Member since 11th May 2011
46 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#102850, "Awesome Character.."
In response to Reply #6

I really enjoyed Guanrrak/Ghuanrrak..

From what I seen, your roleplay was consistent and I'm glad
you yourself enjoyed the character. I was excited to see that
you took on the Sandhawk name that I gave you as well..

Whitesun

Guanrrak (Anonymous)Thu 29-Sep-11 03:45 PM
Charter member
#102889, "All you log addicts speak up"
In response to Reply #6

If you have a fight, adventure or RP you'd like to see post the request here and I will get them up on the log forum. I got his whole life from start to finish.

Srinteyla (Anonymous)Fri 30-Sep-11 10:13 AM
Charter member
#103001, "RE: All you log addicts speak up"
In response to Reply #15

I was a essentially no-name imperial that fought you. I think you got shafted by space in one of the few fights that it really made a difference. I'm curious how that looked from your end as the character was really built to test Space.

IsildurThu 29-Sep-11 05:45 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#102891, "RE: Sqwaked His last!"
In response to Reply #6

I'd be interested to know how the strange bracers made their way from that invoker (who took them from me) to you, and then to their current owner. Assuming you ever actually had them that is. I heard you did, but never got a look at you. When I finally did they'd already moved on to someone else.

I'm actually rather curious about that invoker. He appeared out of nowhere, seemed to gun specifically for me, then stopped logging in altogether as soon as he'd looted the bracers. He hasn't shown up on the graveyard so the character must still be active, but if so he stopped logging in during my play times.

Guanrrak (Anonymous)Thu 29-Sep-11 09:48 PM
Charter member
#102944, "I will double check the logs but "
In response to Reply #16

if memory serves me right, an Outlander healer told me they were on the weaponmaster. I trucked down and tried to get them myself, and wasn't doing well, he came and helped, then he held them for like a week or so real time waiting on one of the druids coming on to transmute them. I had them for sometime before dying to Obregon for the first time when he caught me almost dead in Sitran mines and he looted them.
Someone in Tribunal had them a while, then Outlanders got them back. Think the then Harbinger (who was way more buddies with Rrast than me!) gave them to the ranger and Rrast has had them ever since, although I tried to battle him for them once to no avail!

IsildurThu 29-Sep-11 09:58 PM
5969 posts
#102948, "RE: I will double check the logs but "
In response to Reply #17

Interesting. So either the invoker who took them from me sac'd them or just let them go to the anti-hoarding code.

Ghuanrrak (Anonymous)Fri 30-Sep-11 09:33 AM
Charter member
#102999, "Confirmed"
In response to Reply #18

Anacrid told me about them being on the weaponmaster 4/26 and Serelyia came and helped Asteria and I get them. She held onto them till 5/8 which was when I got them and I lost them to Obregon 6/15.

IsildurFri 30-Sep-11 09:37 AM
5969 posts
#103000, "RE: Confirmed"
In response to Reply #19

When my PBF is published I'll check the date on when I died to that invoker. That will tell us when I lost them.

I'm still interested to know what happened between the point at which I lost them and the point at which they ended up back on the Weaponmaster.

Gleebrok (Anonymous)Mon 26-Sep-11 11:42 AM
Charter member
#102723, "RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Ghuanrrak Sandhawk of the Ar..."
In response to Reply #0

Man I wanted you to #### the lich up quietly, but you didnt get the idea, I really wanted to explore the idea that a goodie tribunal and a goodie outlander could at least find common ground in the world. When I realised how pitiful your con was, I tried to leave things laying around for you, shouldnt really be helping the enemy, but I knew you were fearless and most of your attacks were on really evil people, tribunals aside. I think characters should just be played through, and I know people dont have the time most of the time to keep up their hours, work life and stuff get in the way. I tried making a couple of outlander focused characters but never seemed to get into a groove or manage to see you about at the right times From what I saw you mostly played the situation even if you knew it was detrimental to your survival, good times.

Gabrucin (Anonymous)Mon 26-Sep-11 05:07 AM
Charter member
#102721, "Sunwardens, blech!"
In response to Reply #0

Gabrucin always saw you as a bit soft but being from opposite side of the tree it was to be expected. You were from the sunny side and I from the moss covered side that saw little of the light.

Your RP was always consistent and solid but you did appear to leave a lot of corpses about but as I said, Gabrucin put it down to you being a Warden.

GLWYN

Try the moss-covered dark side!

AmarantheSun 25-Sep-11 11:28 AM
Member since 17th Mar 2003
536 posts
#102715, "RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Ghuanrrak Sandhawk of the Ar..."
In response to Reply #0

I really enjoyed Ghuanrrak , and how the RP was always "on". I actually did intend to give you a third legacy, but never got around to it due to my own laziness and reservations voiced by some other imms which gave me enough pause to think "maybe I should watch him more?"

Of course, now I regret not just throwing it to you anyways since you were so low on con, because from where I sat, good, solid character.

KadsuaneMon 26-Sep-11 02:32 PM
169 posts
#102727, "400 hours into the character.. watch him more? "
In response to Reply #2

A little parity on rewards criteria would go a long ways. Some people are rewarding certain players/characters to obscene levels before they even hit 50 hours of playtime. You shouldnt have listened to the naysayers... now the laziness issue is all on you

OldrilMon 26-Sep-11 09:02 PM
Member since 20th Jan 2011
641 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#102748, "who gets obscene rewards pre 50 hours?"
In response to Reply #5

No I mean really, not hating, just curious, is there even a single instance of this or is this just OOC speculation?

KadsuaneTue 27-Sep-11 10:28 AM
169 posts
#102806, "Play close attention to PBFs. "
In response to Reply #9

Some timelines and rewards are going to definitely make you go hmmm.

Ghuanrrak (Anonymous)Mon 26-Sep-11 09:28 PM
Charter member
#102750, "No Problem Amaranthe"
In response to Reply #2

You rock as always, so nice to have you back around. Maybe sometime in the new year I'll roll something just to get some of your awesome time.
I had thought at some point if I was lucky enough to get a third legacy my Role and roleplay might garner me "Surrounding the Sunrise" which would have totally fit. Ghuanrrak basically paid homage to the Sun or Niar as the Ariallat called him.

I did appreciate the long description and the title, also someone threw me 1000immxp I think for refusing to kill the goodie dwarven guys in the new encampment.

TontikSat 24-Sep-11 09:21 PM
Member since 27th Aug 2011
104 posts
#102706, "RE: (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Ghuanrrak Sandhawk of the Ar..."
In response to Reply #0

tweet tweet squak squak, i thought it was funny you talked like a bird...or i would imagine tucan sam would talk if he was havin a normal conversation with someone... oh well never really tusseled but did talk quite a bit and was fun that day we were jacking with the arbiters trying to get your totem back..

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #102693 Previous topic | Next topic