Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Vrigbez the Taskmaster of the Grinning..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #102632
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 21-Sep-11 06:36 PM
Member since 01st Oct 2024
17197 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#102632, "(DELETED) [None] Vrigbez the Taskmaster of the Grinning Skulls"

Wed Sep 21 18:35:30 2011

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Vrigbez perished, never to return.

Race:orc
Class:berserker
Level:48
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:204

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Tough Orc to Tangle with, Ghuanrrak (Anonymous), 24-Sep-11 06:58 PM, #15
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Vrigbez the Taskmaster of the Grin..., Jajm (Anonymous), 22-Sep-11 06:51 AM, #11
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Vrigbez the Taskmaster of the Grin..., flatline, 22-Sep-11 07:17 AM, #12
     Reply You were a cool enemy, Mallarien (Anonymous), 22-Sep-11 01:43 PM, #14
Reply Bah!, Sagraa (Anonymous), 22-Sep-11 04:46 AM, #9
Reply Peon! Bleh., Chieftain (Anonymous), 21-Sep-11 10:20 PM, #4
Reply RE: Peon! Bleh., flatline, 22-Sep-11 04:29 AM, #5
Reply WTF, Masardu (Anonymous), 21-Sep-11 10:03 PM, #3
Reply RE: WTF, flatline, 22-Sep-11 04:31 AM, #6
Reply Very disappointed too., Rindros (Anonymous), 21-Sep-11 08:11 PM, #2
Reply RE: Very disappointed too., flatline, 22-Sep-11 04:34 AM, #7
     Reply Thats what it means to be an orc., Rindros (Anonymous), 22-Sep-11 11:59 AM, #13
Reply I am so disappointed by this., Anliltuel (Anonymous), 21-Sep-11 07:15 PM, #1
     Reply RE: I am so disappointed by this., flatline, 22-Sep-11 04:40 AM, #8
          Reply Nonsense. You did a great job., Anliltuel (Anonymous), 22-Sep-11 06:17 AM, #10

Ghuanrrak (Anonymous)Sat 24-Sep-11 06:58 PM
Charter member
#102702, "Tough Orc to Tangle with"
In response to Reply #0

You were definitely the one orc I really had trouble handling. Nicely played I thought, I lost like 4 or five daggers to the blinding and grappling and damn those spinebreakers!!
I have the whole chars life logged, so let me know of you want to see fights from my end.

Jajm (Anonymous)Thu 22-Sep-11 06:51 AM
Charter member
#102646, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Vrigbez the Taskmaster of the Grin..."
In response to Reply #0

Bah! I thought you are even stronger than the chieftain! (maybe wrong as I just faced him once!) but I still can't think of a tactic for a champion paladin to face and orc who get's the polearm (grapple it is?) so fast! I never had the chance in our battles! Maybe champion paladins are not mature yet, and it's why you don't see many of them around?

But anyway, I liked this orc more than any other orc in my life!!

flatlineThu 22-Sep-11 07:17 AM
Member since 10th Jul 2008
60 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#102647, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Vrigbez the Taskmaster of the Grin..."
In response to Reply #11

Well, I did say over the clan channel that when you switched up to using a staff I'd be in trouble, unfortunately you never did, spider hands would have helped you out a bit, and I know how hard it can be in the heat of the moment, but the second you see yourself punching instead of doing what your weapon should be doing wield another weapon. Easy for me to say I know, I was generally the aggressor. The other reason for using a staff would have been for the added defense if you reduced negating my bash unless I followed suit, a few things that I just could not find a way to transmit to you IC unfortunately.
Also, that fight in Arkham when afterwards you said IC'ly that your connection was giving you problems, you have no idea how bad that made me feel, and while I had utmost respect for you coming out to fight me with that issue in mind, I'd not have held it against you for a second if you'd sent a tell and quit out, or even just quit out. After that there were a few times I saw you standing in the open motionless and just walked on by.
I am glad that although an enemy I didn't leave you with a sour taste.

Mallarien (Anonymous)Thu 22-Sep-11 01:43 PM
Charter member
#102657, "You were a cool enemy"
In response to Reply #12

I thought I'd probably die to you when we were fighting around the weald, but the way in which it actually happened made me laugh. I had tried to thornheart you and taken a beating, so I switch to telluric surge as an opener to avoid that. Of course, I promptly lost concentration and took the beating I'd been trying to avoid, then you landed the lash. Orc + orc slave on an uncaballed druid at low level hurts.

You were, however, very gracious in victory, which made me want to fight you more. Color me disappointed when I got sunray and discovered you were Mundunugu!

When I treeformed because I was out of potions and slightly laggy (hence not wanting to try to run for it), I was just hoping you'd think I'd teleported. When you plagued yourself I was just waiting to die, clinging to the slim hope that you'd get bored if you didn't plague me in a first couple of ticks, and leave. The elf warrior walking in was honestly in no way ooc. But it made me very happy! I hope the fact that I went up against you when I knew I was massively disadvantaged (i.e. that time at low levels) adds some credibility to that.

I thought your character was a big plus though. The kind of enemy that makes the game better, not worse.

Sagraa (Anonymous)Thu 22-Sep-11 04:46 AM
Charter member
#102644, "Bah!"
In response to Reply #0

Though we never traveled or interracted with you, but i'm disappointed too.

GLWYN, if it's not maran, empire, scion, nexus, battle, trib or outtie!

Chieftain (Anonymous)Wed 21-Sep-11 10:20 PM
Charter member
#102638, "Peon! Bleh."
In response to Reply #0

There are so many fresh fortress meat to eat and you deleted, shame.
I was hoping you will challenge me to fight for the Throne, would be fun.

flatlineThu 22-Sep-11 04:29 AM
60 posts
#102640, "RE: Peon! Bleh."
In response to Reply #4

It would have been fun to challenge for the throne, but the sniveling bully persona that I imagined for Vrigbez just would'nt have made it really all that feasable unfortunately, he saw you hit stuff hard, that was more than enough to keep him in check. Keep on keeping on, I had a blast with what was supposed to be a throwaway stress relieving character and learned a few things in the process, thanks for the advice and the RP. You earned that throne, you keep it, who know's I may be back in another guise and challenge eventually, had no idea orcs could be so much fun

Masardu (Anonymous)Wed 21-Sep-11 10:03 PM
Charter member
#102637, "WTF"
In response to Reply #0

Dude,why the hell you deleted. One of my orc allies are gone, damnit.

GLWYN

flatlineThu 22-Sep-11 04:31 AM
60 posts
#102641, "RE: WTF"
In response to Reply #3

Heh, sorry about that, you'll be fine though I'm sure. If I remember correctly Vrigbez befriended you in the thoughts that having a shaman come and pray at him would have been hard to deal with, so thought to try and appear strong and useful, hope you caught scent of the fairly obvious reasoning, even after I left your pk range it was the knowledge that you could get back up there that kept me compliant.

Rindros (Anonymous)Wed 21-Sep-11 08:11 PM
Charter member
#102636, "Very disappointed too."
In response to Reply #0

I was hoping I would have a bash-buddy when I heroed.

A shame, sirrah.

flatlineThu 22-Sep-11 04:34 AM
60 posts
#102642, "RE: Very disappointed too."
In response to Reply #2

Sorry man, the time when we did work together was amusing to say the least, chaotic as hell, and I knew going in that things would go pretty much like they did the first time but thought what the hell this could be funny, nearly did me in of course, but that's all part of the fun. Like pretty much every non-orc that Vrigbez spoke to of peace, he percieved a threat that he may not be up to facing down, so tried to make himself useful rather than get dead, glad it worked out, though I suspect you were aware of his motivations.

Rindros (Anonymous)Thu 22-Sep-11 11:59 AM
Charter member
#102652, "Thats what it means to be an orc."
In response to Reply #7

That first time was funny, because you came in and my morosa chain lightninged twice in a row, hitting you for ***devastates*** several times.

After we came in together it was no contest.

Anliltuel (inactive user)Wed 21-Sep-11 07:15 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #0

Thought you were doing really, really well.

flatlineThu 22-Sep-11 04:40 AM
60 posts
#102643, "RE: I am so disappointed by this."
In response to Reply #1

I am sorry to have dissapointed you with the deletion, but what was envisaged as a throwaway character to let off some steam turned into something far more. I am not sure what the situation was but I just seemed to get going with him and momentum keept things heading along. Although my near nonsensical responses to what you said to me may not have conveyed it, the times when you spoke to me actually made me the player really happy (made Vrigbez cringe in terror, another even bigger orc on the scene) while at the same time made me regret the fact that I had not put the role I had in mind into words. I considered putting in a few role entries but in the end decided that it would have just looked like I was hunting for imm exp and edge points so decided not to. I had a concept to take forward but couldn't quite get my head around how to do it, being a Mundungunu and part shaman, thought about trying to become something like your high priest or something, but hey I can try that in the future I suppose.
Many thanks for the interactions and I appologise that my responses were so offbeat, seems I still turn into a jibbering idiot when Imms speak to me, something else to work on.

Anliltuel (inactive user)Thu 22-Sep-11 06:17 AM
Charter member
#102645, "Nonsense. You did a great job."
In response to Reply #8

I watched you as much as I could, and while you didn't have as many elf kills as I would have liked, you definitely were one of the deadliest orcs alive when you deleted.

High priest. Now THAT would have been interesting.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #102632 Previous topic | Next topic